It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

The "rape charges" were a smear campaign against his & wikileaks name.

If I remember correctly, the 2 women he "raped" knew each other, and claim the rapes happened on 2 different occasions ~a week apart, yet they come forward together after the initial Afghan documents were released.

You see, the MSM needed to have some dirt on him, create a false scenario of rape, so in any future press releases on Assange they will report; "bla bla bla Julian Assange of Wikileaks, whose currently undergoing rape charges, did bla bla bla". It's called defamation of character. As well as derailing the main topic on hand.

But of course, you won't open your mind to the information, you'll just cry rape, rape, rape cause the MSM told you so!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would've walked out too if the reporter asked irrelevant questions to ruin my reputation; CNN most likely got bribed to do a mock interview. However, with Julian refusing to answer their questions they have forfeited this opportunity. FOX news does the same thing; they shout over those being interviewed and resort to personal attacks when reasoning does not further their interests. Media is corrupt nowadays because they're run by corporate.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
good. CNN is ridiculous, a terrible excuse for a news channel.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wow. calm down bro.

1. Presumption of innocence

2. Have you followed yourself the the story about the allegations? No, you haven't.

3. Have you just repeated with anger what has been told to you by experienced, always-bach-checking-the-info [/sarcasm] 'journalists' like Miss Shubert? Yes you have.

Will you now please do a little investigation and research on the 'rape' topic before you conteminate / deroute this thread with your anger?

link   
Double Post. My apologies
edit on 24-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
400,000 reports leaked.
100,000 + Iraqis Slaughtered.
7 Children in Pakistan Slaughtered.

And CNN asks about his personal life.

Journalism is dead.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
400,000 reports leaked.

Journalism is dead.

Journalism has BEEN DEAD for a long time are you just now getting around to realize that because it is YOUR Assange being discredited???

So Assange being a rapist is his personal life?? Get real!

Assange cries RAPE as he rapes women himself!

Flash some money around get people to say anything rape charges true or not. Walking out of an interview TOTALLY discredits Assange even further. Guilty people can't stand to hear the truth!
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Do you work for CNN too?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

400,000 reports leaked.

Journalism is dead.

Journalism has BEEN DEAD for a long time are you just now getting around to realize that because it is YOUR Assange being discredited???

So Assange being a rapist is his personal life?? Get real!

Assange cries RAPE as he rapes women himself!

Flash some money around get people to say anything rape charges true or not. Walking out of an interview TOTALLY discredits Assange even further. Guilty people can't stand to hear the truth!

Yes, we have all been aware American journalism has been deceased. No need to get excited about something that we know of.

Yes, it is his personal life because it's a smear campaign to discredit him and Wikileaks. Assange has the full right to walk out of an interview, especially a CNN one, a station that has no sense of journalism or any kind of professionalism. Honestly, I don't blame him for walking and I think any logical person would do the same.

You claim journalism is dead and you know all but yet, you remain to be gullible to the information that the media feeds you...interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

400,000 reports leaked.

Journalism is dead.

True
Sorry for the little off topic but
This why you shouldn't trust any news networks including the Yugoslavian wars, all western news networks were pretty much one sided.

I wonder if wikileaks would dare to release any secret Yugoslavian wars documents, it will further cut the claim that serbs did nonsense.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well yet again we see the fine media at work...doing it's just job of completely smearing someone so that they lose all credibility and then the public will be thrown off the scent of yet another goverment debacle.
And of course some people coming on right away showing how they have been brainwashed into going after the messenger rather than going and debating the article at hand....the Mass media machine doing it's job again.
War is a messy business and there are no good guys...and if people are actually amazed and shocked about what goes on behind the scene then more fool them...war is not a video game...and it is the innocent civillian who gets caught in all the crossfire....Good for wiki leaks for getting information out there and it does not matter the way it gets to the people...as for the goverment saying this is a breach in government confidence...you bet it is...and the governments of the world need to learn to stop using the human race as pawns for their evil.
And the more that people realize how the Media is used to sway public opinion the better...it is one reason why the MSM want more and more controls over internet content also...and why people from MSM troll these sites to also sway public opinion and also the govermental agencies monitor what people are saying so they can position themselves accordingly.
Dont worry about the trolls that come in and try to sway the public as people who are here for the most part are the ones whom see past the ruse and understand how the Media Machine works....so no need to argue minor points for tit for tat....just learn from what you read and try to use it to make the world a better place in which to live....people are coming together and are starting to fight back just as wikileaks has done by releasing documents.
Enough of my going on.... just keep looking into the unknown as the world is cascading in on itself.

edit on 033131p://f49Sunday by plube because: grammarical corrections

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well she just posted on her facebook page :

"Clearly, I've hit a nerve. I've posted a copy of the full transcript in Discussions. I've also requested cnn.com to post the full interview. Wikileaks set no conditions. There was no discussion beforehand about restricting questions. I focused mainly on the Iraq War Logs. I did not ask about Wikileaks’ internal issues or the Swedish legal case until the end. I hope this make things a little clearer."

www.facebook.com...

Not sure we'll have a reaction or comments from Assange about the incident and if there were conditions or there really not were, everything is possible, knowing that usually he sets conditions. Maybe he didn't this time ?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

You know who is cascading themself as Paul Revere? Assange and wikileaks, but the thing is they are not SAVING anyones life! Looks like he is running with his tail between his legs (walking out of an interview)

edit on Sun Oct 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The personal sniping stops here, please.

Any further comments referring to members and their personalities will be removed and, if deemed sufficiently insolent, the authors of such posts warned.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Can we just agree on ignoring thecinic (at least in this thread) from now on?
Just a troll

*Edit: Sry Masqua. A refresh to slow. Delete if you want
edit on 24-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Well they may not be saving lives...but do you actually think they are killing anymore people by waking people up to the fact that the western world has been living off the backs of the third world for so long now that payback might end up being a bit of a (female dog).
we in the west live our comfy little lives off the slavery of poorer nations and we go in as the righteous whom claim to be there for their own good as we slaughter them for our own gains.
The more people understand the true facts of war the better...the reality of war just might one day bring about peace...not through the act of war but through the actual hatred of war.
The more people come to hate war maybe the more people will think peace just might possibly be a better option.
But,if governments are able to hide what their true crimes in a war are then the more people are blind to the fact that war is the absolute worst option and that it does absolutely noting to further the human race.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Assange Willfilly went into an interview got asked some tough questions couldn't handle it and stormed out. Sounds like a true wimp if you ask me....

He is just getting questioned, RAPE has been claimed in iraq does anyone say stop claiming RAPE in iraq or question it as smear campaign? Nope, Assange can get away with rape no questions asks with some people, and if asked well they are just smearing him...

Can't have it both ways...

We can't IGNORE Assange raping women. Flash some money and people will say anything if the rape charges are true or not. Assange got asked a question he couldn't handle it and RAN. Sounds like a coward who is clearly running from his own heart being exposed!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join