It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Congrats to Ms. Atika for completely
makin an ass out of herself.

The only job I would hire her for
is to cover dehydration techniques
of manure at the local livestock
market.

[SNIP]

The man or woman in her personal
life needs to take notice of this event
and drop her like a week old rash.

Kudos to Julian for being quite
professional.
edit on Sun Oct 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Anyone notice the cameraman at the 3:52 mark? It looks like he was thinking of jumping on Assange then went back to his camera instead. Really, just take a look, balled up fist and all.
edit on 24-10-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Actually, I didn't even notice the guy that comes into the frame from the right hand side at 3:52, but upon review I didn't see any evidence of his being a cameraman, or of the "balled up fist".

What I did see was probably either the sound engineer/technician or maybe even the producer (although he looked a little "scruffy" to be the field producer) stepping forward to assist Mr. Assange in removing his wireless mic. He then realizes that he is "in frame" and that Mr. Assange has succeeded in removing the mic. and backs away. Seems innocent enough.

As far as the interview itself is concerned, it would seem to be telling that CNN chose a young, inexperienced, semi-attractive reporter to conduct what should have been treated as a major story if one considers the content of the documents released. Where were Larry King or even Anderson Cooper? Or perhaps the CNN brass were hoping that Julian would "hit on" the reporter so that they could smear him?

Whatever the rationale for the way in which the interview was conducted, good on Julian Assange for politely but firmly walking out.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunofiasco

www.youtube.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walked out of an interview with CNN in London.

Assange, who was being interviewed to discuss the 400,000 pages of documents WikiLeaks released about the Iraq War, grew upset when interviewer Atika Shubert asked about his personal legal issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

What's the deal with the noise that appears in their signal at around 3:30?

It sounds like ground hum, and it swells, until effectively obscuring the interviewer's last question, at around 3:40.
edit on 24-10-2010 by autobono because: clarifying the clarifiers

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by autobono

What's the deal with the noise that appears in their signal at around 3:30?

It sounds like ground hum, and it swells, until effectively obscuring the interviewer's last question, at around 3:40.

Bingo! "Ground hum" was my thought as well. I'm guessing that Mr. Assange had reached for the plug connecting the mic. to the transmitter, and it was partially unplugged.

Edit to add: The "swelling" of the hum was undoubtedly the response of the AGC to the missing audio from Mr. Assanges transmitter.
edit on 24-10-2010 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Come on, folks, stop feigning surprise. You know well she is a prostitute, and she did exactly what she was paid to do. Just like Anderson Cooper is, and just like the bunch at Fox (excepting the illustrious Judge Napolitano).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Did you notice the interviewer's last statement, "but I have to ask these questions"? Not only was the interviewer unexperienced enough to put Assange at ease, she obviously said a bit too much. She's most likely looking for a new job right now.

Someone should probably probe that last statement as an obvious attempt to discredit Assange's reputation in the light of the new leak. It will be important to know who she received her script from and what list of questions where actually given to Assange before showing up at the interview.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Some new comment that just appeared on her facebook wall, this one will hurt even more since it doesn't contain insults :

"Do you recall the code of ethics every journalist is supposed to abide by? YOU owe THE PUBLIC the truth concerning what's going on in the world so that we can become educated and make political choices regarding what's being done in OUR name... You are a glorified TMZ "reporter", trying to get basis on charges that have no premise... Stop playing the game for the puppet-masters, and start realizing that YOU are supposed to work for US... Not the other way around."

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
It will be important to know who she received her script from and what list of questions where actually given to Assange before showing up at the interview.

Oh and yes : Bingo from CodeRed3D.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
AWWW is julian going to to go cry, if the heat gets to hot get out of the kitchen..

So you want to cry about rape charges in IRAQ and Julian is a rapist himself.

Right this guy is great.

Just like the congressman who claim to be against homosexuality it always comes out they are homosexuals themselves.

Just looking out foryour wife and kid's folks this assange is the rapist. Want to cry out WAR CRIMES..

Quit being a rapist yourself Assange before you cry out about other rapist...

SCHMUCK

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
The interview itself was horribly setup. With the current wikileaks release, why didn't she focus her attention on that?

Because this is Character Assignation!!!!!!

The interviewer MUST have been paid, bought out, told to do it "or else..."

I am sure (but have no proof to offer) that the US Government was 100% behind this stupid act. It all makes pefect sense.

The interviewer should be fired, but I doubt that will happen - she did what she was told to do (and still screwed it up).

-E2

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Title: Release of sensitive top-secret intelligence information detailing deaths of over 100 000 people
Atika: We have um, there have been um, people said that, internal reports that several people, uh, volunteers have quit...
Julian: Sources plz?
Atika: Um... well.. you know, people?
Julian: Only one staffer was suspended for misbehaving...
Atika: Aha, yeah, well that's what he said, that he was suspended.... and then he quit. And he also said that you suck.
Julian: Off topic....
Atika: Ah ok... um... lets see... those girls that said you raped them? They too say you suck!
Julian: Off topic again?
Atika: Well... um... so you did rape them?
Julian: *Leave*

She was told to do this by those extremely competent pointy-haired managers with 23 diplomas and 2 years of work experience... you know the kind lol. What a disgusting interview, a smear campaign live on CNN....
edit on 24/10/2010 by SassyCat because: Corrected stuff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A smear??? Assange is a rapist, and he cries WATCH OUT they are raping women and children in iraq. SIR quit raping people yourself Assange!!! IMO He lives out of a brief case on the run because he is a rapist!
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They might of got the reaction they wanted, but wikileaks are also gaining support and getting the reaction they want aswell. Good on him for walking out on that liar. It does not matter what anybody does, wikileaks hold all the cards at the moment and the more they put pressure on wikileaks, the more truth will be exposed. I cannot believe what is happening in the middle east. Not even Saddam was this cruel, on this type of scale.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
CNN and most all MSM outlets don't have "investigative reporters" anymore. They just have script readers...mouthpieces....puppets.....mindless babbelers...you get the picture.

They hire and fire these worthless "interviewers" I imagine, quite often. No big loss. It was worth it just to see CNN in an unfavorable light.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The interviewer had to re-direct the attention of the people to the alleged rape charges, because the world's governments are in league with each other. We can't have the truth exposed, so the reporter was most likely told, ( because of being on the gov. payroll or just a gov. pet ) to mislead the viewers~

On the video she claims " I have to ask that question", geee....i wonder why you "have" to ask the one question that has no bearing on the release of classified documents? it wasn't because you were forced to now would it? She was a true jack wagon!
edit on 24-10-2010 by 2Rotten4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Wether or not he is a rapist is for the courts to decide, besides the women came out if I understand correctly and said they made it up. Second, if he DID rape, he did not do so as a Representative of the United States, or whilst on a JOB or a mission on behalf of the American people. That is the main problem, these soldiers are sent out, to do a job representing our beloved country (I love my country I loathe the government). The matter at hand is the invested interest for which our soldiers are sent out to fight and die for, and the orders given to them, whilst the public is misled to believe there are other reaons for being there. All the while what is actually going on is not disclosed to us.

If somebody is sent somewhere for x reason to do whatever, and you are told they are representing you, and that person does or commits x and x things which is something you don't agree on, however is still your representative, don't you think you have a right to know how you are being represented? that's the way I'm seeing this disclosure as for the most part. We should know, and really most of us do know how we are being represented, and what is being done in the name of the American people, despite the fact that it is not ordered by us, it's the politicians that made those calls on our behalf. And we have a right to either directly approve or disapprove. And should be able to put a direct stop to it. But people are being led blind and far too many people are in denial and do not wish to accept the percieved truth that with the revelation of these documents will make it an undeniable truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
when stupid liberals take over our government lets out war documents to paint the country and its populace as morons, racists, and liars so they can fit in with speedo wearing europe

when the dumb conservatives take over we do war behind the scenes, grow morons and racists, and lie
so we can fit in with the ptb in speedo loving europe

this country is so full of idiots, melt the deserts in the mideast, grow switchgrass, and take a big dump on europe. and we'll all be a lot happier

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The important stuff is always brushed under the rug when scandal and tabloid news will get higher ratings. Shame on CNN and I know if Fox did the interview they would have attacked him on releasing the documents because they're so pro war. I wouldn't be surprised if they would have brought up his legal issues, but for reasons to destroy him. Today's media is just plain tabloid news. They wouldn't know what important news was if it bit them in the butt. I still say there's a secret agenda behind the media and our government. They're just taking all of us for a ride.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wademus
when stupid liberals take over our government lets out war documents to paint the country and its populace as morons, racists, and liars so they can fit in with speedo wearing europe

when the dumb conservatives take over we do war behind the scenes, grow morons and racists, and lie
so we can fit in with the ptb in speedo loving europe

this country is so full of idiots, melt the deserts in the mideast, grow switchgrass, and take a big dump on europe. and we'll all be a lot happier

You speak the truth and the people will hate you for it.

Look around some people are still so stuck on Assenges left breast they can't see how he is just as bad as any government he keeps the CAVIER for himself (the insurance files) and feeds his people DOG FOOD (the so called old news top secret documents)

He cries rape and rapes women himself.....

You flash some money you can get people to say just about anything rape charges true or not say anything for cash. Assange you are discredited sir.
edit on 24-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortunofiasco

www.youtube.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walked out of an interview with CNN in London.

Assange, who was being interviewed to discuss the 400,000 pages of documents WikiLeaks released about the Iraq War, grew upset when interviewer Atika Shubert asked about his personal legal issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
the usual tactic used over and over again by the msm when they perceive the person a threat to them,It has worked in the past for them many times,he must be getting to somebody in high places in what he has released now or what he plans on releasing in the future.If they can't discredit him through the media,something else(far worse)might happen. I hope that isn't the case,but we know that the ptb will stop at nothing to get what they want.It makes me sick to my stomach.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join