It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I don't think you understood the meaning of my post. Don't worry, you need quite a philosophical mind to get it

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This video is bad, but in my opinion it is no worse than other videos I have seen where people are taking other people's lives. The absolute worst one I ever saw was of a Chechen soldier cutting the throat of a Russian soldier that had been captured.

The African video linked by the OP points to Judeo-Christian influence in Africa, or possibly Muslim influence. Aboriginal African religions would most probably have killed the "witches" with retaliatory "witchcraft" or in some kind of ceremonial, sacrificial way. It points to the decline of moral and ethical standards one associates wih imperialism.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Some of the responses of the people here, we all like to place blame on this or that, Christianity this or Judaism that is evil and so forth and so forth. What you see in that vid is simple, it's human stupidity and the nature of it, and the retarded part is that those getting burned are not witches, or any other magical thing, just plain old regular people, if they were witches or whatever, then it would be a whole different story, and if there was any burning it would be done by the witches against those who tried to burn them. Or if they did some crime or murder then that still does not justify being burned alive, if its bad just shoot them, and end of story. It's the heard mentality, and the smell of blood, humans have barely left the animal state, there all like scared sheep and running away from shadows, or finding some in there group who is different and helpless and taking it out on them, to make themselves fell better or powerful, because the truth is they are week and pathetic.

And no one religion has a monopoly on witch burning or sacrifice, every civilization came out of some silly retarded social superstition or practice or just plain silly believe. Its all rules and memes to keep the human animal from its lesser natures just look at what Stormdancer777 posted on some of the older rules imposed against some of the older believes of humanity, anything from its not cool to have sex with animals to, to no ritual sacrifice of men women and children to appease some imaginary god or system. Its all created by humans for good or bad. Apparently they were doing all kinds of crazy things back then, witch hunts being one among many. Add power and control in to the mix and you have your answer to why things like this happen. There is no true religion or true anything, its all subjective or its just plain made up and make believe, so take your pick of what you want to be deceived by, and shut up about it. And it really has nothing to due to education either, its just plain having some brain cells in your head and thinking a little before you decide to take out the pitch fork and go burn somebody else, just because everybody is doing it and says they are this or that, or evil. Don't be an idiotic sheeple, or as I like to call them the retarded and pathetically weak, cant even think for themselves, or at least formulate there own opinions, hence opinions and rules are made for them. So here is one...... Burning people is not cool, so don't do it.

From Stormdancer777 post about past rules put in place by religious control systems of the time.

21 And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. 24 ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you. 25 For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants. 26 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations, either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you 27 (for all these abominations the men of the land have done, who were before you, and thus the land is defiled), 28 lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be cut off from among their people. 30 ‘Therefore you shall keep My ordinance, so that you do not commit any of these abominable customs which were committed before you, and that you do not defile yourselves by them: I am the LORD your God.’”

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

A good example of the subliminal narcissism you were so vehemently identifying a couple of posts ago hahaha. Unbelievable!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This behavior is the result of their superstitious belief that anything usual or different whatsoever is a sign of being anti-god in nature. These parts as are a huge majority share the Christian faith. They are exercising their CHRISTIAN BELIEFS!!!!!!

SCORE ANOTHER LOSE FOR HUMANITY BECAUSE OF FILTHY RELIGION!!!!!!

Religion needs to be BANNED ASAP!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I don't know how I stumbled across this video but I really wish I didn't watch it and I strongly urge anyone here interested in watching it NOT TO. I will divulge the link in a minute but I say again, you really shouldn't watch it. I'm not trying to make you watch it with reverse psychology, I am actually saying with almost certainty that if you watch this video you will be revolted and regret ever watching it. It made me feel sick and I've seen some MESSED UP stuff in real life and on the internet. What happens in this video Is disgusting, evil and downright inhumane. It makes the Al Qaeda execution videos look like a children's T.V series.

The only reason I'm posting this video is that I want people to understand that evil like this still goes on in the world, and also I suppose to try and raise some awareness of this issue although I don't think "Team America - World Police" or the UN would actually do anything about it unless there was some kind of behind the scenes personal gain.

This is downright inhumane and the people doing this deserve worse to themselves. They will have to deal with the consequences of their actions one day. Maybe not in physical form but they will have to face up to their evil ways eventually.

Is there actually anything any of us can do to stop the majority of incidents like this happening? If there is videos online of it happening, imagine how many must happen? There could be "Witches" getting burned alive as we speak.

Even if someone is a witch they do not deserve this kind of punishment. Infact if they are witches then God shall either punish them or reward them depending on where he stands on the situation. My point is that Human beings have no right to Judge and Execute other human beings. Especially on the grounds of something as slippery as this.

I'm gonna stop now, I could go on for hours about this as it has deeply distressed me. Looks like I got a lot of meditating to do tonight.. don't want any bad dreams now.

Thank you for posting this, as disturbing as it is.

To those critics who berate you for posting this, I say suck it up.

We need to know this kind of thing happens before someone can acquire the guts to stop it - if you are so terribly offended at that video, you have only your self to blame - the OP warned you.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda
Religion needs to be BANNED ASAP!!!!

I have heard this sentiment expressed many times by people who have suffered at the hands of religious people, usually of their own religious denomination.

The Soviet Union did, in effect, try to ban religion, although they didn't go all the way, in terms of tearing down all the churches and absolutely forbidding church attendance. They are probably the closest thing there has been to an absolutely secular state. Communist China would be another close approximation.

Unfortunately, banning religion is tantamount to banning human nature.

Personally I am against it, despite the trouble created in the name of religion, although I have no doubt that the religion of science fully intends to attempt it. It being the banning of human nature.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I don't think you understood the meaning of my post. Don't worry, you need quite a philosophical mind to get it

I was agreeing with your post btw, and piggy-backing on what you said. Why the insulting remark, as you obviously did not get the meaning of my post? No worries though I know sometimes intentions are lost in writing, but your comments above are fairly clear.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

This behavior is the result of their superstitious belief that anything usual or different whatsoever is a sign of being anti-god in nature. These parts as are a huge majority share the Christian faith. They are exercising their CHRISTIAN BELIEFS!!!!!! SCORE ANOTHER LOSE FOR HUMANITY BECAUSE OF FILTHY RELIGION!!!!!! Religion needs to be BANNED ASAP!!!!

You are absolutely wrong! The problem is that majority of people are ignorant and are very superficial in their thoughts and arguements, and ideas. I am muslim, and my religion provides me with peace of mind and above all hope! Most people out there claim to be muslim, christian, jewish, etc... and they justify their acts, which no animal would be capable of execept humans, as an act to "protect" God or their religion. Religion is a PERSONAL belief, and should be contained inside a person, do not persue your religion onto other people. Also if you were to read the basic ideas of any religion, you would see all religions preach peace, education, love, and other virtues which are trully "human". Although, it is used as propaganda and justification, DO NOT become part of it! Think like a true human...
edit on 24-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What rating would you give the video? I do not know if I should watch or not...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

What rating would you give the video? I do not know if I should watch or not...

Its not that bad. I've seen worse unfortunately.

I agree with the others though, when ignorant people introduce religion and hocus pocus to others the only result is going to be segregation, torture, and destruction.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

This behavior is the result of their superstitious belief that anything usual or different whatsoever is a sign of being anti-god in nature. These parts as are a huge majority share the Christian faith. They are exercising their CHRISTIAN BELIEFS!!!!!! SCORE ANOTHER LOSE FOR HUMANITY BECAUSE OF FILTHY RELIGION!!!!!! Religion needs to be BANNED ASAP!!!!

You are absolutely wrong! The problem is that majority of people are ignorant and are very superficial in their thoughts and arguements, and ideas. I am muslim, and my religion provides me with peace of mind and above all hope! Most people out there claim to be muslim, christian, jewish, etc... and they justify their acts, which no animal would be capable of execept humans, as an act to "protect" God or their religion. Religion is a PERSONAL belief, and should be contained inside a person, do not persue your religion onto other people. Also if you were to read the basic ideas of any religion, you would see all religions preach peace, education, love, and other virtues which are trully "human". Although, it is used as propaganda and justification, DO NOT become part of it! Think like a true human...

Religion must be banned. In my decades of travels throughout the world, behavior as this is indeed more than you think. Behind it ALL is...RELIGION.

RELIGION!!!!!!!!!

Religion must be banned ASAP. Innocent children and women will be subjected to this many, many, many more times until Religion is BANNED.

That is the ONLY SOLUTION.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Isawsomething

Nothing subliminal there, he didn't get the true meaning of my post and I understand that as him/her not being philosophical enough to understand it. I wasn't implying they were stupid. Everything I said in that post was an observation not an ignorant flame. Sorry mate , but not at all.
edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: Typos

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: Grammar *sigh*

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Religion must be banned. In my decades of travels throughout the world, behavior as this is indeed more than you think. Behind it ALL is...RELIGION. RELIGION!!!!!!!!! Religion must be banned ASAP. Innocent children and women will be subjected to this many, many, many more times until Religion is BANNED. That is the ONLY SOLUTION.

Why should it be banned? Because we are not strong enough to bring forward people responsible for such acts, we shall limit knowledge, ideas, philosophy,... human mind! So that would make it impossible for people to carry out such acts because they are not able to concept doing so! It is outrageous to follow your line of arguement, because in some way more or less, you are being as ignorant as those people. You cannot bann ideas! But you can bann such acts, don't blame religion, blame the people who do such things and claim it to be part of their duty as a religious person! Just because a lot of ignorant animals happen to be of "X" religion, it does not mean the religion is the source of their ignorance. Following this line of arguement, Nazis are German, Nazis are bad ---> Germans are bad?!

I am just shocked at what I am hearing...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

I was agreeing with your post btw, and piggy-backing on what you said. Why the insulting remark, as you obviously did not get the meaning of my post? No worries though I know sometimes intentions are lost in writing, but your comments above are fairly clear.

Sorry then it appears there was a misunderstanding , my bad

I'm sad to hear that you were offended by my post as I was in no way trying to be offensive, that would be extremely hypocritical of me.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda
Religion must be banned ASAP. Innocent children and women will be subjected to this many, many, many more times until Religion is BANNED.

That is the ONLY SOLUTION.

Spoken like a true totalitarian.

They tried to ban religion in Russia and China. The worst mass slaugters in the history of humanity followed, plus the most grotesque and bizarre cults of personality surrounding Stalin and Mao.

Those two religion banners unleashed every manner of atrocity and depravity on their peoples.

The problem with banning relgion is not that it can't be done, but that people are dumb enough to try it, particularly in the face of overwhelming evidence of the sort of catastrophes that follow in the wake of such a banning.

Many crimes have been done in the name of religion, including mass murder, but religions have never killed near as many people as secular statism.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Disgusting. The churches teach that people who try to cure others with herbs are witches, and then tell you to trust your local doctor that prescribes you medicine based off those same herbs with a touch of chemical engineering tossed in. Kill those that seek to cure, and trust those that give no cure and profit from your illness. If there is a GOD then he is not the GOD of the church, but is the GOD of those huddled in that fire. May they rest in peace and their name added to the book of life.

WHOAAAAAA. I really got the meaning of your post mixed up mate sorry. I had friends round at the time I was checking out this thread and saw your post. My friends are very loud and distracting
. My apologies. And also I really wasn't trying to be offensive. That is in no way in my nature trust me

Reading your post now that I am on my ones I have to say I totally agree with you. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks for your input,

-TechUnique

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Many crimes have been done in the name of religion, including mass murder, but religions have never killed near as many people as secular statism.

Religion HAS NOT killed anyone!! It is people who also happen to be religious that killed! Are there not atheists who have killed?? Therefore Atheism is as dangerous as religion... so what should I be religious or not??

Again please check your arguements...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Very wise words.

And I would have to give the video an 8 out of 10 on the messed up scale. I wish I didn't watch it either way but when it started playing I couldn't take my eyes off it. Not that it was pleasuring me in any way, just that my body froze .. I felt a bit sick afterwards. I don't recommend you watch it but if you have to then do it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by ipsedixit

Religion HAS NOT killed anyone!! It is people who also happen to be religious that killed! Are there not atheists who have killed?? Therefore Atheism is as dangerous as religion... so what should I be religious or not??

Again please check your arguements...

Religions have killed a lot of people. Some religions have depended on human sacrifice to appease various gods. Aztec religious propitiation of gods killed tens of thousands in Mexico. Human sacrifice as part of religious ritual has been committed in many places on the planet. The so called "bog people" found in Denmark and other places in northern Europe were victims, often, of ritual human sacrifice. There are numerous other examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join