It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great logic, everybody is doing it! So should we! I guess you can use the same excuse for stoning, whipping, raping, slavery, murdering, crucifying, and whatever other crime against humanity you want to sugarcoat. Oh but wait, I will be burned alive in a lake of fire in the presence of the holy angels too alongside with the gays and the liberals when I die right? Seems fitting enough, considering the thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If I could be given the chance to push the button this would have been the tipping point.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Christianity does not teach that it's ok to kill anyone. If you are going to say Christianity, then use what's taught in the Holy Bible as laid out by Jesus Christ and His apostles. If you ever bothered to read it, you would know what you say is a lie.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Something

That is the most despicable video I have ever seen, but I don't 'search' for cruelty. I looked at this thread because I am dating a beautiful Botswana woman (Christian faith) and I am interested in her culture. I am seeing her tomorrow and will ask a few questions regarding the topic, I will post back with her comments.

Something needs to be done on a universal scale to stop this kind of crualty..be it a NWO or whatever. This kind of behavior has got to be looked at.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I have read both the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Bible. The Christian Bible, Anything on Jesus, his followers and the Quran is a lie. Nothing can hold a candle to the Talmud.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would like to point out, that at least 70% of the human population is under-educated, and would be classified as "insane" you try to teach them other wise, you wont like thier responce.

What is a "witch" what makes one person a "witch" but not another? they call these "witches" as evil, yet evil is thier very actions, how can such behaviour be justified?

Why isnt anyone trying to stop this? because the western civilization doesnt care, as long as they have thier sports, thier television, thier mobile phones, thier comforts, needs and desires, they simply care more about money, then people.

This isn't the type of world i wanted to grow up in, and this sure isnt the type of world i would want to raise children in, this species must die off, and stop killing off the more evovled of the race, or else we will go backwards (which is what many want)

You ever compared a schizophrenic, to religious behaviour? its very much identical in many ways, both submit themsevles to unlogical magical thinking, you see where this takes us? To violence and death, most of the probelms in the world can be put as reilgions throat, but not all. More of the blame is human mentality.

We are not fully evolved, we have many flaws, if you say you have no flaws, then you are insane and need medical attenion ASAP, this is a flawed race, we are a failed expirament, if there is any hope, then it is without magical thinking, that will only take us to the dark ages.

The real "witches" are the ones beating and burning those, poor unfortunate people.

We must take a stand for humane rights everywhere, not just the rich and powerful. the only solution is a harsh one, and is that we all must die, we either evolve into a more advanced race, or we die off completely, there are no other options, if you don't like it, then submit to magical thinking like your ancestors and doom this race to extinction.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Originally posted by Mactire
Something like 50,000 people were accused of, convicted of, and killed for being werewolves in a single year across Europe. Weird, huh?

An rampant outbreak of rabies perhaps? No known cure and almost certainly fatal, cross-species transmission through broken skin, often caused by being attacked by a sufferer, canine, porcine, bovine, human; also known as 'the madness'. Killing the infected was probably the only rational course of action to prevent absolute pandemic. Just a thought!

That sounds like the most likely option to me , starred

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Well you're obviously lying. The Talmud is not inspired and in fact it is satanic. The talmud teaches sex with minors. You dare say you've read the New Testament? Ha! The fact is, killing another human being is NEVER taught or condoned in the New Testament. The only thing you're correct on is that the Qu'ran is a lie and it is because it mixes watered down truths with outright lies. You clearly are a troll and just wanting to derail this thread. This thread is about people burning people accused of being witches. It has nothing to do with Christianity you ignorant people.

reply to post by laiguana

Where did you read these people behaved this way because Christian missionaries taught them? Don't be stupid like the guy above. Go for truth alone or you'll be an idiot like the rest of these throwing Christianity into it.
edit on 24-10-2010 by TruthSeeker8300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Then why have the New Testament or use it to prover Jesus? You're a hypocrite!
Christians are hypocrites and this Atheist site has a great source on why to disagree with the NT.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well you're clearly misguided and uneducated. Are you a child? Your reply has nothing to do with what I said. Speak for yourself instead of pointing me to a website. Atheist's by the way are idiot's.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Christianity in my opinion is false. I use websites for source. If you don't like it then yell at a brick wall closes to you. Christians believe Jesus to be the Messiah but he never fulfilled the prophecies and never will.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is my first post. I have been a lurker for about a year and think that it is time I pitched in. This video highlights a big problem that I have with the human race. We do the most evil things to one another under the premise that what we are doing is right. The witch hunters believe they are doing the right thing because they believe their victims are witches. We see it everyday in different forms, dehumanise your enemy and it is easier to treat them inhumanely (I am sure I don't have to give examples of where else in the world similar things are happening). Religion is doubled edge sword, It gives believers hope that there is more to life than our time on this lonely rock but unfortunately in the hands of the uneducated it leads to hellish things.

"Religion is the idol of the mob; it adores everything it does not understand".
Frederick II

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

No, he did fulfill them, we're just awaiting His return. Using the O.T text alone you can read about Jesus the Christ. I won't continue this discussion with you on this thread because this thread is NOT ABOUT GOD, JESUS, CHRISTIANS. This is about ignorant people burning what we're told were supposed witches. The video provides no facts on the what we see. Some of you are so gullible that you'll make your mind up without doing any research yourself and that is how you are so easily manipulated and used.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Dear God! He did not and I can prove it!
I authored a thread disproving Jesus and any other claiming the roll!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If anyone's wondering why I'm no longer taking much part in my thread its because of the following;

- It seems like there is a lot of subliminal narcissism going on and even a bit of downright negativity. I may have talked about some bad things about Christianity when it was brought up but I was trying to keep it civilised. As I said before my mother is a Christian and as I said before Christianity has done a LOT of good. Probably more good than bad. Don't believe me? Think of the millions of people over the centuries that have been at the lowest points of their live. Sometimes prostitutes, Gang members, Murderers, Rapists, Psychopaths (Do I need to go on?) have had their lives changed by the bible. I believe that you can find god in any religion. Not everyone does but if you feel the unmistakable loving hand of god then you have completed your spiritual path. My spiritual path is different, I like to push it further, push reality, push perception, expand consciousness etc etc.. There are many people like me but we are not part of a religion and have found our own individual personal path. Some people in religions have found their own personal path to god but not their own individual path.

- I only like to engage in constructive conversations, In a friendly manner. There is a difference between debating and arguing. Arguing gets you nowhere, debating promotes learning.

- Although! .. there has been some very constructive and respectful conversation in this thread so I thank them people! (No need for names , you probably know who you are
)

I am still observing this but if it carries on with this kind of vibe don't expect me to comment too much on my own thread!

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IntelligentThinker

I just had a weird thought!!!
What would those people int he video do to the guys on ATS that say they are aliens etc?
Im guessing that would end badly lol

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is the stuff I signed up for...Not to sound sinister but face the facts people. The universe is hostile and so am I. If I was in the presence of those people I would think no differently than I do now. Of course I am enraged I know this is wrong but we are human beings and no different than the rest of the creatures on this planet. Are we even truly considered an advanced life form? Advanced bacteria maybe...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Your right bud. Thanks for proving my point.

Life everywhere is exactly the same as you see on TV or on your lovely suburban block of candies and rainbows, and unicorns.

Africa is the poorest and most violent continent on the planet.
You don't honestly think I'm trying to be racist do you?

I'm speaking the facts, yes in relation to everywhere else on the planet Africa is a terrible terrible place, they have the odd city free from violence that tries it's best to bring on the 21st century, but the majority has famine, guerrilla warfare, aids, genocide, never ending wars. Yes, many towns have mothers who send their 2 years olds to hide, several place have a practice known where kids go down to the open sewage, gather it up in buckets and inhale it. Mothers buy glue (it's cheaper than food) just to get their kids to sleep.

There is nothing racist about it.

Africa is violent continent in relation, and this video IS NOT AN ISOLATED incident.

Or did that Big Mac "stifle my brain function" come on now.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

So what you saying?all Afrikaners are racist??lol.profiling me because of something I wasn't born a part of?

What I'm saying is the truth.You can't denie that.It's facts...no hidden agenda behind them,no propaganda either.

Don't shoot me down because of ur own issues and what you think is right or not.So I have to keep my mouth shut about whats going on here?

I seriously don't care what u think about us and what little information u think u have on the current events in Africa.This goes on everywhere and u can look it up for yourself.If u don't like hearing it out of my mouth well why don't u go do some research on Africa.U might even come to the conclusion that all those little success stories don't out weigh the horror stories thats taking place all around Africa on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Disgusting. The churches teach that people who try to cure others with herbs are witches, and then tell you to trust your local doctor that prescribes you medicine based off those same herbs with a touch of chemical engineering tossed in. Kill those that seek to cure, and trust those that give no cure and profit from your illness. If there is a GOD then he is not the GOD of the church, but is the GOD of those huddled in that fire. May they rest in peace and their name added to the book of life.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join