It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by TechUnique

Ok... you're not sure where in Africa this is, therefore how can you make the judgement that these are witches, or even Christians persecuting the women?

I

It's Nyamataro in Kenya
friendlyatheist.com...
edit on 24-10-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Well this goes back to another thread I`ve seen posted lately. www.abovetopsecret.com...
And I think it`s times like this is where those that did that should be tortured to death. Like a week long event.

Is it right. I don`t know but is it justified. I`d think yes after they can do that to anything alive.

And what does that do?

Seemingly, a significant point to ponder is that people want to get revenge and disguise it as "justice"; which is simply a cop out to fulfill their own desire for an eye for an eye.

Until there is forgiveness and acceptance there will be friction and division of the masses. The Universe works in unity, to work against unity is to pit yourself against the Universe that you have been unified with the whole time.

Fear separates and leads one astray into the darkness, Love is the opposite and brings one together into the light.

Like Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind".

And Jesus of Nazareth, "A house divided upon itself cannot stand".

edit on 24-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Ok... you're not sure where in Africa this is, therefore how can you make the judgement that these are witches, or even Christians persecuting the women?

I hope that judgement didn't come from the title of the video... If so you've led 8 pages of a "Christians are bad" thread, without any substantial proof.

WHOA HOLD UP THERE COWBOY.

If you read a couple of my previous posts I mention that my mother is a Christian and I was one of the people saying that not all Christians are bad...

I never said that these were Christians doing it. I never said that these people where definitely witches. All I was insinuating was that these people were being accused of being witches.

Actually read all my posts before you start accusing me of stuff please. This thread was not made with the intention of bashing Christians. Sorry but your opinion regarding me seems extremely ill formed.

Thanks,

-TechUnique

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by Connman
Well this goes back to another thread I`ve seen posted lately. www.abovetopsecret.com...
And I think it`s times like this is where those that did that should be tortured to death. Like a week long event.

Is it right. I don`t know but is it justified. I`d think yes after they can do that to anything alive.

And what does that do?

Seemingly, a significant point to ponder is that people want to get revenge and disguise it as "justice"; which is simply a cop out to fulfill their own desire for an eye for an eye.

Until there is forgiveness and acceptance there will be friction and division of the masses. The Universe works in unity, to work against unity is to pit yourself against the Universe that you have been unified with the whole time.

Fear separates and leads one astray into the darkness, Love is the opposite and brings one together into the light.

Like Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind".

And Jesus of Nazareth, "A house divided upon itself cannot stand".

edit on 24-10-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have put it better myself

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

A lot of Christians are like this. A few are not. But most are. Even Judaism and Islam share the same controversy. That's why we need the True Messiah soon.
edit on 23-10-2010 by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet because: (no reason given)

A lot of Christians are like what? Do you seriously see Christians walking around everyday persecuting witches?

No, this only happens in areas that are stuck in the 19th-20th centuries. We could easily help them come into the same time as us but we are all too greedy to give up some lavish to help others.

Notice how I said us all and not rich people. I know everyone is the same whether Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist. Everyone has the same characteristics and no one is more advanced then others, contrary to what you believe.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm just in shock after viewing the video. Not so much sick, just my eyes were witnessing this, but its almost like the brain didn't want to comprehend it? Just absolutely unsettling!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Rotten4u
I'm just in shock after viewing the video. Not so much sick, just my eyes were witnessing this, but its almost like the brain didn't want to comprehend it? Just absolutely unsettling!

Indeed. I think its because the brain likes to Imagine a scenario and tries to put itself in it. But this is exactly the kind of scenario you DON'T want to be in =/ I guess its a self defence mechanism.
edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have to agree, I've seen some messed up stuff in my time, but burning people while onlookers chant is just mind boggling!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There was an infinity of suffering and pain before you were born, and there will be an infinity of suffering and pain after you die. It never ends.

Much worse things then this are happening every damn day and people have their heads too far up their ass to even realize or care for that matter.

What I find more shocking than this video, is people getting shocked watching it.

Heads up their ass I tell you.

People are gonna act like this doesn't happen all the time? People aren't being tortured and killed every damn second of the day? They are gonna get sick and then go watch "Two And A 1/2 Men"..

You are watching Africa in action, the kind of place where 2 year old kids have to hide all day so they don't get raped, the kind of place where kids are inhaling their own sewage to get away from it all.

Does it bother you? Okay go eat McDonalds.
edit on 24-10-2010 by NsatatRisatoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NsatatRisatoz

Just curious?, why is it so shocking for people to view this clip, then make comments about it? What does commenting about this post have anything to do with are alleged "head up our asses"?

I have to assume, that you were unable to conjure up a better response due to lack of intelligence, so you suggest to viewers of this site that they have their " head up their asses"?

hmmm......thats the pot calling the kettle black!

link   
reply to post by laiguana

Have any of you who are talking trash aboout christians ever read the bible for your selves do you even know what real christians teach and think. Real christianity does not teach burning witches or any other person who does not follow their beliefs.Those who do these kinds of things are not true christians and are not true followers of christ.

link   
A coworker from Burkina Faso recently lost her uncle to this type of violence back in her home. Same style of death, though I didn't delve into the specifics with her.

Well, religious intolerance is probably the most evil of violence that exists between humans.There is really nothing good for anyone when a person is killed for their beliefs or, worse, the beliefs being projected onto that person by ignorance.

But before we dismiss this as "those crazy Africans" let's remember what beliefs have done in recent months in the US, what they continue to do in the lesser evil of prejudice (which is a few steps before killing due to differences, if not put in check).

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The one known fact of history is that religion in its entirety has been the cause of the most deaths, plagues, and war to date. I just don't know if there is any getting around it?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Rotten4u
The one known fact of history is that religion in its entirety has been the cause of the most deaths, plagues, and war to date. I just don't know if there is any getting around it?

I really think its too late. The influence of religion has just gone too far. Although it has done a lot of bad it has also done a LOT of good. Its a really touchy subject =/

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Rotten4u

Did you even read my post?

Of course you can watch it and make comments.
I said if it's really all that shocking to you, you have your head up your ass.

This stuff happens all the time and nobody really cares.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Many of you are rather quick to judge the perpetrators of this event so harshly, in my opinion. We don't have any context here. Hell, we don't even have any evidence from the video that the people being burned and beaten are considered "witches". What if they are actual criminals who harmed other people, violated legitimate laws and have earned retribution? Would you feel differently if you knew they were murderers, rapists or abusers of children, for instance? In America, most states have capital punishment and technically do execute some of their worst offenders, but the process is so long and drawn out, and the actual executions are performed so "humanely" that they do not even serve as an effective deterrent.

I'm not saying what is happening in this video is a good thing, but I do feel that we do not have enough information to condemn it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NsatatRisatoz
reply to post by 2Rotten4u

Did you even read my post?

Of course you can watch it and make comments. I said if it's really all that shocking to you, you do have your head up your ass. This stuff happens all the time and nobody really cares.

I care. A lot of people in this thread evidently care. And the more people who know about it, the more people who care and the more prayers and positive energy which can only do good

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Replicator EYD
Many of you are rather quick to judge the perpetrators of this event so harshly, in my opinion. We don't have any context here. Hell, we don't even have any evidence from the video that the people being burned and beaten are considered "witches". What if they are actual criminals who harmed other people, violated legitimate laws and have earned retribution? Would you feel differently if you knew they were murderers, rapists or abusers of children, for instance? In America, most states have capital punishment and technically do execute some of their worst offenders, but the process is so long and drawn out, and the actual executions are performed so "humanely" that they do not even serve as an effective deterrent.

I'm not saying what is happening in this video is a good thing, but I do feel that we do not have enough information to condemn it.

Your right. BUT I do not agree with execution in any way shape or form. If someone has committed a dreadful crime then let them rot in solitary confinement thinking about it. That is more punishment than being executed humanely, although I'm sure the burning is worse
I'd rather be locked up the rest of my life to think about my actions so my soul can actually learn from what I've done wrong. If you are burnt to death then I'm sure there is not much thinking other than "HOLY COW I'M ON FIRE" and then I'm sure the soul will not have learnt and will just carry on being angry and committing bad acts.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If americans started doing liek our african brother's are doing in this video to folk's.
we would be called every name in the book and hated as a nation for this alone.
But instead we need to give africa more money to feed the children...cause we know they need better cloths to get burned off of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Many ancient cultures and indigenous people blamed witchcraft for bad luck, failed crops, or sickness, long before Christian missionaries enter the scene, this is not just something you can blame on the teachings of Christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join