It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

It's not bad at all. It's not even a gore video. Just people on fire.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by ipsedixit

Many crimes have been done in the name of religion, including mass murder, but religions have never killed near as many people as secular statism.

Religion HAS NOT killed anyone!! It is people who also happen to be religious that killed! Are there not atheists who have killed?? Therefore Atheism is as dangerous as religion... so what should I be religious or not??

Again please check your arguements...

I cannot help but think you did not major in History, no?

I cannot help but think your education level is not of bragging right, yes?

More incorrect your post cannot be.

The lack of knowledge to which you display is lesser than elementary level, in all politeness.

I do not wish to exhibit disorderly conduct of words, so I shall cease at this point.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Religions have killed a lot of people. Some religions have depended on human sacrifice to appease various gods. Aztec religious propitiation of gods killed tens of thousands in Mexico. Human sacrifice as part of religious ritual has been committed in many places on the planet. The so called "bog people" found in Denmark and other places in northern Europe were victims, often, of ritual human sacrifice. There are numerous other examples.

Those are not "modern" religious idealogies. I am talking about current day issues.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well if the culture of the region is burning a witch then stay away from witchery unless you have the power to defend yourself.

IT is dumb in both sides.

It is the same in cultures where stoning is practiced, stay away from adultery if you know the consequence is stoning.

It is the same in cultures where you get lethal injection for murder, stay away from murder.

It is the same in cultures where honor killing is practiced, stay away from dishonoring the family.

Seriously, unless you have power, don't try to go against the culture.

The same here in NZ, you disrespect someone you will get gang bashed, the next day your face will look like a squeezed balloon.

If you are against certain parts of a culture, please gain power first, then try doing something about it.

Once again, dumb from both sides.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

OK. In this modern time an Iranian Ayatolla issued a fatwa calling for the execution of Salmon Rushdie for the capital crime of portraying the prophet Mohammed in a less than flattering light. The only reason that execution was not carried out was the effort of the British security services to protect Mr. Rushdie.

How would you categorize the fatwa. To me it seems as if Islam is willing to carry out the killing of a human being for religious reasons. The fact that they didn't accomplish it is only a technicality.

edit on 24-10-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

I cannot help but think you did not major in History, no? I cannot help but think your education level is not of bragging right, yes? More incorrect your post cannot be. The lack of knowledge to which you display is lesser than elementary level, in all politeness. I do not wish to exhibit disorderly conduct of words, so I shall cease at this point.

I did not major in history. I have not majored yet, I am in the process of majoring in aerospace engineering. If you majored in history, you would not write such comments, anyways that is just your opinion. But you are offending my beliefs and accusing me of being a criminal, that is what you had posted previously. So please reason before posting about my education and beliefs. You are wrong, and you may find reasons above in my posts.
edit on 24-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Well if the culture of the region is burning a witch then stay away from witchery unless you have the power to defend yourself.

I understand your point entirely and it is a good one. Although not everyone of these people being burned is going to actually be a witch. Infact probably a good majority of them aren't. Did you know that in the inquisitions, torture was used to such an extreme that people would admit to being witches just so that it would stop the torture? And it still doesn't excuse the fact that they are not only taking another humans life (Which is bad enough) but putting someone's soul and physical being through that much agony. Not that I'm saying you are condoning these actions, I highly doubt that to be true.

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

OK. In this modern time an Iranian Ayatolla issued a fatwa calling for the execution of Salmon Rushdie for the capital crime of portraying the prophet Mohammed in a less than flattering light. The only reason that execution was not carried out was the effort of the British security services to protect Mr. Rushdie. How would you categorize the fatwa. To me it seems as if Islam is willing to carry out the killing of a human being for religious reasons. The fact that they didn't accomplish it is only a technicality.

That is what I am trying to say! Please do not buy worthless propaganda!! That is ONE person, it does not mean religion is bad! It is just that person using religion as a cover-up. Please see through the crap... Read what Islam is about than judge if you have to. Read about the 5 pillars, you will not coma across murder or hate in any holy book. These animals have blackened the image of religion because it is pure and full of hope. Regardless of what is being said and done, a human being does not have the right to condemn, judge, or kill another because they believe it is their right, we are all equal, and that is why people in high hierachy are trying to blame everything on religion.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is my reply...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That is what I am trying to say! Please do not buy worthless propaganda!! That is ONE person, it does not mean religion is bad! It is just that person using religion as a cover-up. Please see through the crap... Read what Islam is about than judge if you have to. Read about the 5 pillars, you will not coma across murder or hate in any holy book. These animals have blackened the image of religion because it is pure and full of hope.

You are saying that I should take your word for what Islam is about but ignore the former leader of all Muslims in Iran, because he is just "using religion as a cover up". I'm sorry but that is a stretch for me.

I don't think religion is bad, but I don't think it is pure either. No one religion has all the answers for all people. That's one of the reasons there are so many religions and so many divisions within them.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Don't worry I understand the meaning of your posts, although I might not agree with everything.

This thread hasn't derailed as such but its coaches have been split up and lost around the track =/ This thread is actually giving me a headache and its not really a peaceful learning atmosphere. More like a point scoring session. I think naivety and bad manners are the cause. Its a shame, this thread has a lot of potential to be a lot more constructive. Sad

edit on 24-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

One man spent 27 years behind bars for a crime he didn't commit, it is the same, you have to look at it logically rather than emotionally.

I understand this is shocking, yes it is, no one can deny it, I haven't watched the video yet because I watched another video of a man being burned somewhere in India for molesting and then killing two kids I think? I'm trying to get rid of that imagery out of my head until today, but it is still there.

I'm with you, that these things shouldn't happen, but people shouldn't try to change it unless they have power, they need to be smart.

If everyone is stupid, then it will continue.

The US had the power, the US tried it, but did it in a complete idiotic manner, that being said, it isn't just about power, it is also about being smart and understanding.

If you don't understand the problem, you will 99.9% of the time end with the wrong answer and with unexpected consequences.

Thanks for bringing this video to our attention, even though I haven't watched it

Ohh yeah, and thanks for the warning

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You are saying that I should take your word for what Islam is about but ignore the former leader of all Muslims in Iran, because he is just "using religion as a cover up". I'm sorry but that is a stretch for me. I don't think religion is bad, but I don't think it is pure either. No one religion has all the answers for all people. That's one of the reasons there are so many religions and so many divisions within them.

True, people need diversity of religions. Take the word of former Iran leader and with it all the lies, you decide. But also look at what Iran is today and what is happening over there. Also I am muslim and why is it that I have different views as a muslim from that person? Knowledge is truly a virtue, I am lucky that I can see what most fail to.

You know what? Don't take my word, or his, or enyone else's, but take yours by reading the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Now that's how you make it extra crispy, with no backstory to the video and you never see anyone die, of course painful, the one guy sitting in the pile never tries to get up or run.

there is no real info on what is going on, it's all speculation, the title of video says witch burning... uhm proof? talk about ignorance here.

it could have been a child molester or pedophile, in that case burn them, show them how KFC extra crispy chicken feels like from the other side.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I cannot help but think you did not major in History, no? I cannot help but think your education level is not of bragging right, yes? More incorrect your post cannot be. The lack of knowledge to which you display is lesser than elementary level, in all politeness. I do not wish to exhibit disorderly conduct of words, so I shall cease at this point.

I did not major in history. I have not majored yet, I am in the process of majoring in aerospace engineering. If you majored in history, you would not write such comments, anyways that is just your opinion. But you are offending my beliefs and accusing me of being a criminal, that is what you had posted previously. So please reason before posting about my education and beliefs. You are wrong, and you may find reasons above in my posts.

You are fully incorrect.

You display the characteristics of being unstable and potential an unsafe citizen.

You lack much to which is considered desirable traits of an intelligent and properly enlightened human being.

Illumination you are incapable of receiving. You think you have the answers, but are found greatly lacking. I could entertain your level of elementary ignorance, but too timely such an episode it shall be.

You are thus less desirable for even such.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I think naivety and bad manners are the cause. Its a shame, this thread has a lot of potential to be a lot more constructive. Sad

You are right, and I apologise, but some people posting contain same basic mentality as those in that video. I am just trying to point that out, if we are ignorant how can we help others?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No problem , its nice to see that the main intention of this thread has sprung back up again after the winter. Although it is spring now it is still a bit cold in here

You make some really good points there.

Originally posted by oozyism

I'm with you, that these things shouldn't happen, but people shouldn't try to change it unless they have power, they need to be smart.

If everyone is stupid, then it will continue.

The US had the power, the US tried it, but did it in a complete idiotic manner, that being said, it isn't just about power, it is also about being smart and understanding.

If you don't understand the problem, you will 99.9% of the time end with the wrong answer and with unexpected consequences.
'

Can't really add much to that.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You are fully incorrect. You display the characteristics of being unstable and potential an unsafe citizen. You lack much to which is considered desirable traits of an intelligent and properly enlightened human being. Illumination you are incapable of receiving. You think you have the answers, but are found greatly lacking. I could entertain your level of elementary ignorance, but too timely such an episode it shall be. You are thus less desirable for even such.

Thank you for the humor. I trully wish that someday I meet you in person, so that you would see the truth. I do not claim to know anything, I am but an ignorant person, with a level of knowledge that is incosiderable.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda

You are fully incorrect.

You display the characteristics of being unstable and potential an unsafe citizen.

You lack much to which is considered desirable traits of an intelligent and properly enlightened human being.

Illumination you are incapable of receiving. You think you have the answers, but are found greatly lacking. I could entertain your level of elementary ignorance, but too timely such an episode it shall be.

You are thus less desirable for even such.

There is a thing called debating. There is a thing called arguing. Debating promotes healthy learning. Arguing promotes childishness. (That is not a flame, that is just how it is)

Also, speaking in a wise old man like fashion does not excuse the fact that you are demeaning someone and therefore being a general nuisance. I am not trying to throw fuel on the fire or ask you to leave. I am simply asking you to be more civil, I understand that this is a touchy subject but don't make it more touchy. I would hate to have to ask a member of staff to lock the comments on this thread but if the attitude in this thread gets any worse I might have too.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Personally, I am a Buddhist. Currently, here in North America, Buddhism is on something of a press honeymoon, in contrast to Islam, which is very poorly thought of by non Muslims.

Being a Buddhist, I can tell you categorically that it is not being portrayed accurrately in the press. It is a good religion but it has more troubles than the public is aware of.

Also, I have to say that with very few exceptions, Muslims I have met have been very nice and very warm, friendly people. The good ones are as good as gold and the wise ones are truly wise and humane. They are not intolerant maniacs.

Unfortunately, religion is often misused as an instrument to further the aims of narrow minded bigots and ideologues. These are fragile people who lack humility and the capacity to accept the things in other people that they cannot change. They prefer the way of the sword. They prefer to cut off what offends them, instead of using the mind and heart to understand and enrich themselves in the process.

edit on 24-10-2010 by ipsedixit because: Spelling.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join