It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fonenyc

There is too much of the shyster in the Bible and it's adherents. Too much baloney and babble. A lot of the writing is too slick to have been written by honest people. The Bible speaks loud and clear for itself. A tale full of sound and fury, signifying . . . money in the bank.

There is a lot of greatness in it too of course, but nothing of God. It's all too human.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That was a alwful video, I don't like to see things like that, it is alwful humans could do such to one another. It was kind of late, all I could do is pray for those poor souls. Those people should I'm sure have been tried for their crime, people are so stupid.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

Such a meet would be one of high enlightenment for the likes of yourself. Perhaps a day shall come to which you may be fortunate enough to attend my lectures as a student. Although I must reveal, Ivory League colleges are very difficult to become accepted by, even if you are of a particular wealth bracket. From our brief discussion, it is painfully obvious that you are not material for such campuses as thus. Not in this lifetime. Commoner you shall remain...

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius

You are quite talented at amusing people, bravo!
You clearly have no idea who I am, and my status. I first of all do not live in the U.S. I am in university studying aerospace engineering. I have absolotely no time to spend with a fake as yourself. It is easy for such people to hide their true identity behind the medium of the world wide web, however the words you speak will always reveal the person that lies behind.
edit on 24-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Thanks for making me aware that Witch burnings still go on, but I refuse watch the video. A lot of people
in this world are dumb and supersitious

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What apity also is that someone the ones that are burning those people , are most likely the ones that cause the problem to begin with are are most likely the ones that shoulded be burn, but I am not the one to Judge.
I will leave that to others, but if I had a 50 an been there, the blood alone would of put the fires out.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I hope you understand that your solution makes no sense at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
P.S. This isn't abou the Bible or Christianity, nor the messages contained therein, this is evil mascarading as ignorance.

I'm not sure what to be more upset about, the video or some of the responses in this thread re: we must now burn "them" also, the burners, stuff like that, or that this is somehow representative, of Christianity.

What a horrifying thing to see though. The OP is right, don't bother watching this if you haven't done so already, that's good advice.
edit on 24-10-2010 by NewAgeMan because: minor change

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I thought I had a strong stomach,have seen many bad things in my life but this was real bad I could not watch it passed 4 or 5 seconds..This is flat out WRONG...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
P.S. This isn't abou the Bible or Christianity, nor the messages contained therein, this is evil mascarading as ignorance.

The video undoubtedly represents and shows a number of things and I'd bet that "evil masquerading as ignorance" is one of them. I do think that some of the directions that the thread has gone are valid though, as we try to go to the roots of what is shown in the video.

Getting back to the Bible. My earlier post probably offended some who regard the Bible as their source of spiritual guidance. I do apologize for that.

I don't believe the Bible is the word of God any more than I think the Koran is the word of Allah. However I do appreciate and value the fact of human spirituality and the need, in a pluralistic society, to respect the spiritual talismans of people of other faiths.

It is just that in this context, online, anonymously, I feel that I can, for the sake of discussion, express myself more freely than I would to people in person, where my opinions might give offense or cause pain.
edit on 24-10-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Originally posted by Mactire
Something like 50,000 people were accused of, convicted of, and killed for being werewolves in a single year across Europe. Weird, huh?

An rampant outbreak of rabies perhaps? No known cure and almost certainly fatal, cross-species transmission through broken skin, often caused by being attacked by a sufferer, canine, porcine, bovine, human; also known as 'the madness'. Killing the infected was probably the only rational course of action to prevent absolute pandemic. Just a thought!

what happened there is a fungus in the wheat harvests. it is like '___' with it's effects.

at least that is the accepted theory.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Some of the responses of the people here, we all like to place blame on this or that, Christianity this or Judaism that is evil and so forth and so forth. What you see in that vid is simple, it's human stupidity and the nature of it, and the retarded part is that those getting burned are not witches, or any other magical thing, just plain old regular people, if they were witches or whatever, then it would be a whole different story, and if there was any burning it would be done by the witches against those who tried to burn them. Or if they did some crime or murder then that still does not justify being burned alive, if its bad just shoot them, and end of story. It's the heard mentality, and the smell of blood, humans have barely left the animal state, there all like scared sheep and running away from shadows, or finding some in there group who is different and helpless and taking it out on them, to make themselves fell better or powerful, because the truth is they are week and pathetic.

And no one religion has a monopoly on witch burning or sacrifice, every civilization came out of some silly retarded social superstition or practice or just plain silly believe. Its all rules and memes to keep the human animal from its lesser natures just look at what Stormdancer777 posted on some of the older rules imposed against some of the older believes of humanity, anything from its not cool to have sex with animals to, to no ritual sacrifice of men women and children to appease some imaginary god or system. Its all created by humans for good or bad. Apparently they were doing all kinds of crazy things back then, witch hunts being one among many. Add power and control in to the mix and you have your answer to why things like this happen. There is no true religion or true anything, its all subjective or its just plain made up and make believe, so take your pick of what you want to be deceived by, and shut up about it. And it really has nothing to due to education either, its just plain having some brain cells in your head and thinking a little before you decide to take out the pitch fork and go burn somebody else, just because everybody is doing it and says they are this or that, or evil. Don't be an idiotic sheeple, or as I like to call them the retarded and pathetically weak, cant even think for themselves, or at least formulate there own opinions, hence opinions and rules are made for them. So here is one...... Burning people is not cool, so don't do it.

From Stormdancer777 post about past rules put in place by religious control systems of the time.

21 And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD. 22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. 23 Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. 24 ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you. 25 For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants. 26 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations, either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you 27 (for all these abominations the men of the land have done, who were before you, and thus the land is defiled), 28 lest the land vomit you out also when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you. 29 For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be cut off from among their people. 30 ‘Therefore you shall keep My ordinance, so that you do not commit any of these abominable customs which were committed before you, and that you do not defile yourselves by them: I am the LORD your God.’”

you are correct. i guess people were really stupid back then, they needed some sort of guidance.

god gave us free will also to do the right thing. to know right from wrong but gotta have a set of rules to start with, eh?

burn a kid? gee, ya think there might be a problem there!?

a dog does not have free will nor chickens, they are what they are what they do.

we don't have to anything we read in a book or do anything harmful that we can think up which is the NT message.

as to the op, where the hell is Tarzan?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

china has gov sanctioned churches and strict rules for them.

they are taoist and buddhists.

so, no. they are open to religion just not all of them.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isawsomething
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great logic, everybody is doing it! So should we! I guess you can use the same excuse for stoning, whipping, raping, slavery, murdering, crucifying, and whatever other crime against humanity you want to sugarcoat. Oh but wait, I will be burned alive in a lake of fire in the presence of the holy angels too alongside with the gays and the liberals when I die right? Seems fitting enough, considering the thread.

OMG!

Great logic, everybody is doing it! So should we!

How on earth did you come to that conclusion, from my post, I didn't say anything of the kind.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
Now that's how you make it extra crispy, with no backstory to the video and you never see anyone die, of course painful, the one guy sitting in the pile never tries to get up or run.

there is no real info on what is going on, it's all speculation, the title of video says witch burning... uhm proof? talk about ignorance here.

it could have been a child molester or pedophile, in that case burn them, show them how KFC extra crispy chicken feels like from the other side.

I didn't, nor will I watch that movie, are you telling me all these accusations are unfounded and we really don't know the motives behind this burning or if it was even religiously motivated, or witchcraft was involved?

Mostly innocent people are killed because of being accused of witchcraft through the centuries, and in the middle ages Christian were burning other Christians, like I said the fear of witchcraft was not invented by Christians, but has been around forever.
edit on 113131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

The video undoubtedly represents and shows a number of things and I'd bet that "evil masquerading as ignorance" is one of them. I do think that some of the directions that the thread has gone are valid though, as we try to go to the roots of what is shown in the video.

Getting back to the Bible. My earlier post probably offended some who regard the Bible as their source of spiritual guidance. I do apologize for that.

I don't believe the Bible is the word of God any more than I think the Koran is the word of Allah. However I do appreciate and value the fact of human spirituality and the need, in a pluralistic society, to respect the spiritual talismans of people of other faiths.

It is just that in this context, online, anonymously, I feel that I can, for the sake of discussion, express myself more freely than I would to people in person, where my opinions might give offense or cause pain.
edit on 24-10-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

Oh no worries at all man, no offense taken, just a little pain I suppose sure. Me I just want to stop the ignorance from any and every angle and perspective, you know, on our end here.

The Bible has esoteric meanings and great wisdom, and some of those prophets like Isiah and King David with his psalms, they are inspired that's all I can say, but to use the Bible, either as a weapon, or a source of domination, or, as a type of excuse, as if the Bible or Christianity is to blame, that just doesn't "grok" for me, no, this is evil pure and simple, the devil rendered, and who but the devil would want to burn people alive, on the one hand, and then have young Americans on the other side of the world claim that it's the Bible and Christianity which is to blame..?!

I think it was important for the OP to post this, AND, to tell people NOT to bother watching it at the same time.

And us not forget that "they" did something not entirely dissimilar to an innocent brother with great courage who knew damn well that things were well out of hand and who died for a higher cause, and believe you me, this aint IT! Jesus spoke about the highest expression of the law and "the prophets", and was very clear about what NOT to do, at the same time.

We've been warned.

In part I blame this kind of thing on something else, not just "evil" or "the devil" but something else of a systemic variety, in other words that there's more going on here than meets the eye, and so often things have gotten totally out of hand in repressed Africa, with the West doing nothing, except figuring out how to further enslave the continent via global instruments of power like the World Bank and the IMF, etc.

It's both totally totally sick and evil and twisted, but I would purport that, at the same time, absurd, in its simplicity, in terms of the misunderstanding and miscommunication and misuse of power in acts of utter depravity of the very worst kind. In other words, someone's letting something happen here, perhaps people in authority who helped create the dynamics by which this could happen in our world, and most certainly by local people of conscience and authority doing nothing.

So my anger would be directed at the entire causation here, some of which sure might include a fanatical dogmatism born of stupidity and ignorance.

But to just chalk this up to the Bible and Christianity..? That just doesn't work I don't think. It's a very simplistic and somewhat jeuvenile view, and don't get me wrong, that's not a poke at you or anyone here, just an observation.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I haven't actually seen any evidence to support that, it's assumed somehow, somewhere. It's not in the video, of that you can be sure, because I watched it. You still don't need to watch it, trust me, and if you do, bring lots of cleanex's and be prepared to WEEP for the sins of the world and the evils that have been committed therein, some of which yes, have been perpetrated in the name of religion, but in this case, you can't be sure if that is the case at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
A bit more on topic about "witch burnings" ( I'll leave the religious ranting to others) -

When any human, anywhere, hurts another human for their own beliefs, it is horrible. The fact that, even though they profess that their beliefs are strong, they are hurting people who are more than likely 1. Weaker than them in way of monetary/social standing 2. somehow could threaten their power structure if they attained more power. This applies across all countries, across all social standings, and to whittle it down to one country that is seen as "backwards" because not everyone has a cell phone or Net access causes us to turn a blind eye to any pain here.

However, in these poor conditions, new ideas that meld with the old local ideas that empower fear and hatred thrive and are easier to follow. Sadly, this also means their effects are also magnified. Take for instance the following documentary, Return to Africa's Witch Children.

In this heartbreaking film, we see how new ideas ( Before I go any further, PLEASE notice how Baptism does not start the witch burnings - Its the more fervored Catholicism that melds with local tribal beliefs and feeds the fuel that causes people to ram nails into children's heads ) come into play along with a poor infrastructure and little oversight of the churches by government AND local officials. Again, let me reiterate that this could happen with any belief system when that belief system is placed in a very ripe situation for extortion.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Really though if you think about it wasn't to long ago that they were burning witches at the stake, in the good ole USofA.. So really they were doing it in europe about what 500 years ago, so that's not too long ago, it must not be to bad, the church supported it didn't they?

Really over all we are still very backward, I'm sure they will talk of how stupid we were back in the 2000s.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Do you get paid everytime you preach that nonsense? Please... cant you hear the phone ringing? Its the XIII century, it wants its religious fanatics back.

2 thousand years and people still say the same crap...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Disturbing. If humans punish each other thus, or fear each other so, just imagine how we would react to and treat an extraterrestrial biological entity if it walked among us to our knowledge. Sgt. Stone would be his/her/it's defendant i'm sure.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join