It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witch Burning in Africa (Extremely Disturbing Video)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
THIS VIDEO IS HORRENDOUS!!!! hope you like seeing how low a human can go

none of you know me but I can say for sure that had I been there I would have done more than filmed it .

to those who say oh well it's culturally driven oh those Africans! Shame on you anyone who says that just gave themselves permission do do this .

if you didn't feel the victims despair pain and betrayal when you watched this ,and you didn't feel ashamed that this happened to humans on this Earth shame on you . I hope I never meet you,you monster.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace
reply to post by TechUnique

I think naivety and bad manners are the cause. Its a shame, this thread has a lot of potential to be a lot more constructive. Sad

You are right, and I apologise, but some people posting contain same basic mentality as those in that video. I am just trying to point that out, if we are ignorant how can we help others?

No, you my friend are being civil. I was talking about someone else, don't worry

You are contributing to this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

That is precisely my point.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Cool what would you do exactly? Tell them what they were doing was wrong? Try to fight them off with force? Either way just more fuel for the fire!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I just saw enough to get an idea what was going on in the video... It was not that disturbing at first ( I have seen worse). But it does make me very angry, and hope they will be brought to justice soon if they haven't already.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Yeshua Ha Mashiach,fulfilled ALL prophecy.
Followers of Yeshua pray for others.I read
scripture for myself,I don't blindly follow the
doctrines of a church.
The people connected with that video are
obviously superstitious.Some primitive cultures
mix religions,in the Bible,this was mixing fire.
Christianity mixed with their voodoo type religions.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

From what the Bible tells me he didn't. I don't see what Bible you are reading and Jesus will never fulfill the prophecies.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

When people say religion doesn't cause problems all I have to do is look at your post and see how debates about your supposed religious superiority could quickly turn dangerous....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
why the hell you posting this barbaric vid on ats for....i turn it off after 30 sec...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
The people connected with that video are
obviously superstitious.Some primitive cultures
mix religions,in the Bible,this was mixing fire.
Christianity mixed with their voodoo type religions.

This is similar to the point I was trying to make in my first post in the thread. The situation in the video, if taken at face value, involves a confrontation between followers of the old ways, being burned, and followers of the new ways, doing the burning. The followers of the new ways, because they have lost the "old ways", no longer know how to deal with witchcraft.

They are driven, in frustration, to use the methods of the inquisition.

In former times, their own resident witch doctor would handle the matter and all the conflict would take place on the spiritual plane.

The behavior in the video is the direct result of the influence of Christianity in Africa (from the sounds of the language I would say central Africa, probably the Congo.) These people are close enough to authentic African spiritualism to know that it has real power, but too distant from it to meet it on it's own terms, thanks to Christian missionaries.
edit on 24-10-2010 by ipsedixit because: Spelling.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Judaism is the truth my fellow ATS member. The True Messiah will lead us in Peace and Harmony soon!
I bet cha'

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

There have been many a witch burning without the benefit of Religion... every culture that has ever been, has had witches. The supernatural is no joke in some of these countries. I didn't have the stomach to watch all of the video, but Christianity does not condone burning people...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
I didn't have the stomach to watch all of the video, but Christianity does not condone burning people...

Not here on earth in modern times, but in the hereafter, in hell, people burn forever, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Judaism is the truth my fellow ATS member. The True Messiah will lead us in Peace and Harmony soon! I bet cha'

Why do you persue your ideas onto other people? That is a personal belief, you being happy with it is all that matters. No single religion fulfills every person's needs. Not that I am trying to say that you might be wrong, I am just there is no need to keep pushing your ideas, thats where all trouble comes from, people who think their ideology is better.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok so how do you "stay away" from being be born an albino, a hermaphrodite, or simply having a clitoris? I'm sure you have heard about Albino Black Market crimes in Africa and how they use their limbs, organs and body parts for medical and religious benefits. Of course you have also heard about Female genital mutilation and its savage ritualistic nature. Forced hermaphrodite circumcision?

What do they have in common? Usually young, poor, rural, single women. So basically the weakest, most marginalized minority possible. Religion, in all it's hideous forms, always prefers the most innocent for their sadistic sacrifices, because in the end, this is what they are. Sacrifice victims.

It's just a more primitive form of Malleus Maleficarum.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Isawsomething because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i yhink them peopl ar just as bad as the witches fair anoth punishing someone for doing bad things if thats what they did but they should have executed them quickly and humainly, thier just as bad in my books

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I don't know how I stumbled across this video but I really wish I didn't watch it and I strongly urge anyone here interested in watching it NOT TO. I will divulge the link in a minute but I say again, you really shouldn't watch it. I'm not trying to make you watch it with reverse psychology, I am actually saying with almost certainty that if you watch this video you will be revolted and regret ever watching it. It made me feel sick and I've seen some MESSED UP stuff in real life and on the internet. What happens in this video Is disgusting, evil and downright inhumane. It makes the Al Qaeda execution videos look like a children's T.V series.

The only reason I'm posting this video is that I want people to understand that evil like this still goes on in the world, and also I suppose to try and raise some awareness of this issue although I don't think "Team America - World Police" or the UN would actually do anything about it unless there was some kind of behind the scenes personal gain.

This is downright inhumane and the people doing this deserve worse to themselves. They will have to deal with the consequences of their actions one day. Maybe not in physical form but they will have to face up to their evil ways eventually.

Is there actually anything any of us can do to stop the majority of incidents like this happening? If there is videos online of it happening, imagine how many must happen? There could be "Witches" getting burned alive as we speak.

Even if someone is a witch they do not deserve this kind of punishment. Infact if they are witches then God shall either punish them or reward them depending on where he stands on the situation. My point is that Human beings have no right to Judge and Execute other human beings. Especially on the grounds of something as slippery as this.

I'm gonna stop now, I could go on for hours about this as it has deeply distressed me. Looks like I got a lot of meditating to do tonight.. don't want any bad dreams now.

wow and they just sat there barely fighting back... for me to burn to death I would have to be tied up and incapable of fighting..... maybe those people who were condemned did something in their culture to deserve it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by DarkRedSoda

You are fully incorrect. You display the characteristics of being unstable and potential an unsafe citizen. You lack much to which is considered desirable traits of an intelligent and properly enlightened human being. Illumination you are incapable of receiving. You think you have the answers, but are found greatly lacking. I could entertain your level of elementary ignorance, but too timely such an episode it shall be. You are thus less desirable for even such.

Thank you for the humor. I trully wish that someday I meet you in person, so that you would see the truth. I do not claim to know anything, I am but an ignorant person, with a level of knowledge that is inconsiderable.

Such a meet would be one of high enlightenment for the likes of yourself.

Perhaps a day shall come to which you may be fortunate enough to attend my lectures as a student. Although I must reveal, Ivory League colleges are very difficult to become accepted by, even if you are of a particular wealth bracket.

From our brief discussion, it is painfully obvious that you are not material for such campuses as thus.

Not in this lifetime. Commoner you shall remain...

edit on 24-10-2010 by DarkRedSoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by Target Earth
I didn't have the stomach to watch all of the video, but Christianity does not condone burning people...

Not here on earth in modern times, but in the hereafter, in hell, people burn forever, right?

Christ said not to harm another... and hellfire is a punishment for the beast and the dragon and the false prophet.... the people who do not make it to heaven will suffer the second death.... which is their existence blotted out of the book of life.... which means they will cease to exist..... nothing of earth is perfect yet so stop excusing, explaining, defending, accusing, pretending something that is only of the understanding of the creator.... but if you must, go strong, but i warn you.... seek deeper into your knowledge and your understanding because faith needs no proof.... the miracle of faith is seen in children... the miracle is also seen in those who overcome the negativity of the world and exist to themselves and their loved ones in a positive light.... untouchable even in torture.... unmoveable in an earthquake.... solid as a rock
edit on 24-10-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkRedSoda

reply to post by DarkRedSoda

You are fully incorrect. You display the characteristics of being unstable and potential an unsafe citizen. You lack much to which is considered desirable traits of an intelligent and properly enlightened human being. Illumination you are incapable of receiving. You think you have the answers, but are found greatly lacking. I could entertain your level of elementary ignorance, but too timely such an episode it shall be. You are thus less desirable for even such.

Thank you for the humor. I trully wish that someday I meet you in person, so that you would see the truth. I do not claim to know anything, I am but an ignorant person, with a level of knowledge that is inconsiderable.

Such a meet would be one of high enlightenment for the likes of yourself.

Perhaps a day shall come to which you may be fortunate enough to attend my lectures as a student. Although I must reveal, Ivory League colleges are very difficult to become accepted by, even if you are of a particular wealth bracket.

From our brief discussion, it is painfully obvious that you are not material for such campuses as thus.

Not in this lifetime. Commoner you shall remain...

edit on 24-10-2010 by DarkRedSoda because: (no reason given)

I apologize for butting in but the two of you like should chill a little bit cuz its unnecessary to disagree on that level about one thing when there are millions of things the two of you could agree on.... Im just saying.... btw would a 120 IQ be good enough for an Ivy League School? if so how about if I have my GED? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join