It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden 'living comfortably in Pakistan'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Bin Laden 'living comfortably in Pakistan'

news.yahoo.com

KABUL (AFP) – Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden is living comfortably in a house in northwest Pakistan close to his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri, CNN on Monday quoted a NATO official as saying.
The Saudi-born militant wanted for the September 11 attacks on the United States nine years ago was being protected by local people and "some members of the Pakistani intelligence services," CNN said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This could be a bombshell if true!

Or is it a pretense for a Pakistan invasion?

The Pakistani government are vehemently denying this but it's something that many have suspected for a long time... If not in Pakistan then elsewhere at least... That Osama Bin Laden is alive and well.

Throw into the mix that the article also says that Mullah Omar, the leader of the Taliban is residing in the same region and the implications - whether real or propaganda - are staggering!

So... ATS... Do we think that Pakistan is harboring the most wanted fugitive in the world - or is the American war machine looking for an excuse to expand operations?

~Heff

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/18/10 by Hefficide because: added content

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I've said many times before that the ISI was sheltering bin Laden, and funding/equipping and providing intelligence to the Taliban. This is nothing new in my eyes. What pisses me off about this is that we're paying for it. It is my opinion that the Pakistani ISI is responsible for bankrolling and training the hijackers on 9/11. All of their actions since have solidified this view in my mind.

If this were a pretext to war in Pakistan then they would have outed Pakistan when it was discovered that they gave the lead 9/11 hijacker 100,000 bucks.

edit on 18-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Too bad America is in no position to invade Pakistan.

What ever the claim, they are simply building the case, and trying to find support.

If Pakistan is attacked, Iran will be there, and India will be there, and China will be there, and Russia will be there, but you won't see much of US presence after that.

America is stuck, no more moves left for America, it is kinda of a check mate situation.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

With all due respect Oozy... I think you misread the political landscape. Iran would certainly make a stink if the US made a direct war upon Pakistan. But there have been US incursions into Pakistan already and the other NATO nations have been complicit - or at least silent.

India has had rocky relations with Pakistan for a long time.
Russia and China will both either side with the US or would condemn any action, in words only. Both nations are too caught up with the US financially for them to take arms against us.
And Iran is a non issue militarily for the US.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You didn't get my point.

If US invades Pakistan then it isn't good for US, at least US interests in that area. China will push towards Japan, Russia will push towards Georgia, Iran will easily get Iraq, while the US is busy with Pakistan, but that won't happen because the fight between Pakistan and US is already playing up in Afghanistan. An attack VS an invasion, two whole different things.

US is in no position to fight another war, or to invade another country, it is trying to win the war against Pakistan. If you didn't know, Pakistan is already fighting the US through a proxy war.

We all know the Taliban is being supported by Pakistan, if Pakistan wins, the US will collapse, by US I mean the US empire, just like USSR.
edit on 18-10-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
why invade pakisten ?

you think US didnt know about this?

^^

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
why invade pakisten ?

you think US didnt know about this?

^^

My speculations are based in a singular facet of this concept...

Why pick to day for an unnamed source, from the government, to tell CNN that Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar are in Pakistan?

The very fact that this has been done is a signal for something. It's laying the groundwork... It could just be me, but I'm the kind of person who likes to see what's or who is behind the curtain!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

No ground works, it is simply used to justify the drone attack, there is an underground war between Pakistan and US, it is hidden, people can see glimpses of it, actually more than glimpses because thousands of innocent Pakistanis have been killed through drone attacks, while Pakistan uses the Taliban to kill NATO members in daily bases. Since the people can see glimpses of this hidden war they will be asking for justification.

Osama bin Laden + his deputy is the justification

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Maybe they're just bashing the bushes to see what runs out. They may suspect than binladden is in the general area and are trying to force either him or the pakistani's to make a move. It could also be a thinly veiled warning to Pakistan. It will be interesting to see what reaction this gets.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Already posted on this thread, sorry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

More chance of finding santa in the South Pole.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
well i thought we all know hes just a payd puppet?

the only reason to kill him is to keep his mouth shut about the truth of the so called "terrorist attacks"

i m sure he also have a house in malibu

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Iran will easily get Iraq

Iran will easily get Iraq anyway, one of their priorities is installing a pro-Iranian government in Iraq and they are now closer than ever to achieving this. The violence in Iraq will continue to escalate until December 2011; they want an embarrassing withdrawal for the US.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There are 2 threads on this topic.Which is the real one so i can reply without getting thread closed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Wasn't he on Sabzevar, Iran, a few months ago? What is he making in Pakistan now? He's on vacation? He will visit every country the USA see as the axis of evil? Next stop, North Korea?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hello?

Already posted on this thread, sorry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Exactly, there is a reason why Iraq still hasn't formed a functioning government, because the US is trying so hard to stop Iraq from forming a government which is pro-Iran.

The US wants another Saddam hussein, to chuck weapons of mass destruction and chem/bio weapons in Iran, which would stop Iran from advancing for at least a while:

PPP

After months of pressuring Iraqis to form a new government quickly, the U.S. is now urging them to slow down rather than rush into a deal that would run counter to U.S. interests and risk further destabilizing the country.

Instead, a government spearheaded by Maliki and the Sadr faction would marginalize Sunnis and is likely to be more closely aligned with Tehran than Washington. In an affirmation of Iran's blossoming relationship with Maliki, the Iraqi prime minister is due to visit Tehran on Monday.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
the government in Pakistan is not hiding OBL.
he is in a privet compound of some rich Pakistani where even the US government would fear the political repercussions of bombing or attacking if they were wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don't know how 'bin ladin living in Pakistan' turned into 'iraq vs iran' but I will stick to the topic and add my thoughts.

Pakistani corrupt/puppet government would have handed over bin ladin to US if he was living in Pakistan, no doubt about that.ISI has worked with Islamic militants to fight off Soviet and India because ISI knows very well that a few nutters who are not scared to die and don't cost allot are better than Pak army who are just a massive waste of time, money and resources. Since 9/11 ISI has been very cautious about dealing with these nutters as it would tarnish Pakistan's image. Hence I can't find any reason for ISI to harbour bin ladin n Co.ISI's sole purpose is to protect Pakistan and its nuclear arsenal.

And if US feels that bin ladin is in Pakistan, than there's nothing stopping US from capturing or killing him. There are many CIA agents working in Pakistan and with the help of multiple drones and weaponry .Plus the huge bounty on bin ladins head is too good of an opportunity to be missed by the poor flood ravaged Pakistanis.Saddam was back-stabbed by one of his own, than why wouldn't one of bin ladins 1000 bodyguards not turn him in for multimillion dollar cheque, US citizenship and 40 blonde virgins that he could get while he's alive?

Bin ladin n Co are either dead or agents working for someone.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join