It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
My uncle, an electrician, was at McD HQ's @ 20 years ago doing electrical work immediately outside the boardroom. He heard executives discussing diluting milkshakes with an additional ?ml of water, and raising the temp on the milkshake machines .25 F of a degree.

The executives estimated that that calculated into about $25 Miilion more dollars profit for HQ PER YEAR.

Money. Plain and simple.

I used to be a QA manager at a juice factory. We had similar discussions. When bottles are jostled down the line before they get capped, they loose droplets of juice. Literally DROPLETS! If we could move the bottles less violently, each batch of juice would produce another 2 or 3 cases of juice. That translated into another $15 or so per batch, and that translated into several hundred thousand dollars per year!

Another issue was how much airspace we could leave in a bottle without creating a quality issue or deforming the bottle. We tinkered with it daily. It was a huge money issue.

I used to work at a little mom and pop dairy queen type store. The owner was known for his awesome chili dog chili. The secret ingredient was OATMEAL! He put very little beef into the chili, just enough for flavor and he used oatmeal as a filler and people loved it! His chili was far cheaper to make than most of the competitors.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna
the disturbing thing about mcdonalds is everywhere i go in my neighborhood, i see mcdonald bags in the garbage. at barnes and noble, and toys r us, at target, when i throw something out, there is always a mcd's bag in there. it never fails.

that means a LOT of people are eating this.

Whoa, that's really profound stuff!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow,where is Phage when you need him.
The all knowing ATS professor has not left his mark on this thread.
Well i guess he eats at Burger King or KFC,A lot more heathier than Macdonalds,Right?
edit on 18-10-2010 by Stu2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yea thats gross, and they serve this to people? there is more going on then we may know about.
So many people i know seem to be addicted to Mcdonalds, refuse to eat regular food, only fast junk food.
I personally have thought of the possbiltiy of Mcdonalds food being geneticlly altered in some way.

Yet they are still in business, because people are dumb and either want money or good tasting "food".
I have had it, it has a negitive effect on my body, i think a full investigation is required to see what is going on behind the scenes, of course we all know that will never happen.

I dont want to live in a world where (if) i have a kid they become dependant on McDonalds, because we all know they wont stop you from eatting it day in and day out, they encourage it.

We need to remove corporations like this, or else they could do more then give us something unhealthy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
oh, yeah, that's just pure how capitalism runs

None personal, just a business

just a remark: i have known personally some humans, they had had nice athletic forms before came in USA for less than year & met holly mcdonalds
they were, in Russia, forced to spend many efforts to return suited form. they're Well Done

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

lol dogs will eat anything i seen a dog throw up then eat his puke

link   
the MSN believe we forget because we are dumb pessants
but in reality we outbrain these morons
and will hunt them down even in an other life ...

link   
the MSN believe we forget because we are dumb pessants
but in reality we outbrain these morons
and will hunt them down even in an other life ...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

What a misanthrope! The OP needs therapy...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That's not going to stop me from enjoying my Big Mac!

I know what it is and where it came from, it's COMFORT food, not for nutrition!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dilligaf28

Yep I agree with you something is not correct by saying dogs won't eat at McDonalds. The Mickey D's near my home always have a flock of pigeons hanging around in the palm trees just waiting for a patron to drop some food on the ground. And yes I've seen dogs eating McDonald's scraps with no difficulty. What people don't understand is even if you never eat so-called fast foods you're getting those same unpronounceable ingredients found in them in other things you may consume. I'm an advocate of growing ones own food however that's not always possible so I say don't worry about it and live in moderation, whatever that may mean to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
At least McDonald's has something on its menu that is very healthy: the Fillet O' Fish. The fish they use for the sandwich (Hoki) comes from pristine waters off the coast of New Zealand. Hoki is high in DHA a very healthy essential fatty acid. Due to over fishing, McDonald's may not use NZ Hoki much longer.
edit on 18-10-2010 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Call me suspicious but I always ask myself when I read these earth moving revelations about food what's the agenda especially if I see such information on mainstream news. I'm not saying they don't give some crumbs of truth because they do but there's usually a hidden hand behind doing so.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Im glad I've been a vegetarian since day one I'm skinny fit and very, very healthy!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just a Thought: how much mcdonald's owners like to've food of their empire on the own tables?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkvampire1011

normal meal + normal vegetables make the same

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When my two year old won't even TOUCH mcdonalds, I know something is wrong. This just validates what I already thought.

People can say what they want about how comforting mcdonalds is, or how they know its not nutritious, or etc. But:

1) Why would you ingest something that can sit on a countertop for over a decade, and STILL look the same?

2) Why would you eat something that tastes the same, all over the world, at any given time?

3) And what about the cows? Not only is the methane a problem, but the overpopulation of cows in America is a wrath that hasn't even been fully felt yet.
edit on 18-10-2010 by newBodyoldSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

It's all about the JOY of capitalism.

They sell people this crap because people are conditioned to WANT to eat it. If they can't put crap in it to make it taste "good", they will market the living hell out of it until the sheep flock in clamoring for it.

I'm sure that BK and Wendys and other fast food restaurants put crap in their burgers too. They can't touch McDs in sales so obviously, McDs is doing something that they may not be doing.
edit on 18-10-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ha This to me is one of the funniest things I have seen on here. Screw the fact that "oh McDonalds hamburgers are bad for you" and "oh they decompose slower than a body." Well, guess what people? You did know they were bad for you. The whole point of this story here is eluding most of you. Not only did this Malmgren guy lend his face and his hamburger collection to this video but this guy is so nasty HE LEFT A HAMBURGER IN A JACKET POCKET FOR A YEAR!!! What this story didnt touch on was that in his other pocket he found a piece of chewed gum which he non-chalantly popped into his mouth.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Meh.. more rubbish from people who claim they are perfect - perfect diets, awesome morals and ethics, they are the pinnacle of human evolution. yea...

Morgan Spurlock, the guy who made Supersize Me, did an experiment with McDonald's foods. Put them in jars to test this theory of non-decomposing food. Guess what - they all decomposed, were covered with mold, and were nasty after a couple of weeks.

But let's believe some random person who provided no proof.. just provided a burger and said "This is 12 years old!" Obviously that was such an amazing scientific study, people here latch on to that to further their "All fast food, corporations, governments and people who are not are ME are EVIL!" campaigns.

Fact is: ALL preserved foods are NOT the best food for you. Nor are they utter evil, except in a few cases. You eat only that, you will suffer. If you work out and have an otherwise healthy lifestyle, bad food won't do much to you. When I was in the army, we ate like CRAP. Often. Daily. And yet because we exercised regularly, it had NO ill effects. Great weight, LOW blood pressure (I was a runner), cholesterol, etc et al. Nada.. was very healthy indeed.

In fact, EXERCISE has contributed to my ill health moreso than eating "bad." My back is so screwed up - I can work out for a week, and then turn slightly to the side at work.. and be out of commission for 2 weeks. From lifting leg weights and running when I was younger. In martial arts, running, lifting weights.. I've hurt myself more than I have ever done so doing the "unhealthy" stuff people love to harp over. Fast food and convenience - it's awesome when you are in a hurry. But gain a few pounds, and they are utter evil.

Eating at McDs or BK or anywhere else once a week won't kill you. Or contribute to any illness at all. Smart exercise, not smoking, not drinking.. there are many ways to increase your healthy living. Blaming fast food is laughable. If you eat it daily, you are pretty damned stupid. No different than if you ate twinkies every day.. or even steaks every day. You need a variety of vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. You need iron and protein. You need sun and calcium, and a positive attitude.

Work alone and stressing to pay bills is probably just as unhealthy to you as anything else. Focusing your attentions on one thing like McDonalds like they are the ultimate evil... well, you claim people are blind? Look in a mirror.
edit on 18-10-2010 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join