It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Here's what McDonald's own website says you'll find in their buns:

Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzymes), water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated soybean oil, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, wheat gluten, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem,ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide, soy flour), calcium propionate and sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin.

I was cleaning plastic container lids at the factory where I work with that stuff last monday and it wasn't mixed properly or something and I wasn't wearing gloves because I was told I wouldn't need them and up until yesterday i was still pealing bits of dead skin off my hands. not cool.

why the feck are they putting it in hamburger buns?

-B.M
edit on 18/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Here's the thing. Everything you eat is equivalent to McDonalds hamburgers and buns, unless you are getting completely hippie and buying 100% organic, free range, GMO-free, hormone-free stuff from some specialty shop, or growing everything yourself.

If you go to the grocery store and buy hamburger and buns, it will be just like the McD stuff.

My brother has a loaf of bread that is about 5 years old and still soft and fresh!! He is thinking about putting it on E-bay!

BTW, animals do eat McD stuff, they love it!

I'm not defending McD, I'm just saying lets not demonize them when every other fast food joint and big box grocery store has equivalent quality stuff. I read somewhere that even raw, whole vegetables from a typical grocery store only contain 30% of the nutrients that they contained 50 years ago. The soil is stripped, the produce is modified and fertilized and artificially ripened.

Nothing we eat is "food" these days!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The answer : MICROWAVE

Long lasting food .. people wont know the difference between a new burger and a 1 month old burger .. or even a 4 yrs old burger...microwave is the trick

Even after 4 yrs you microwave the burger and you can still sell it to customers for maximum profit
thats why Mcdonald is everywhere .. a mighty empire making billions like Walmart
their darkest secret is what they put in their food to stop the rotting

wonder why in each Walmart you will always find a Mcdonald
i still buy Bigmacs sometimes .. they are so good ahah
.. they got me .. cant explain why

Damn sometime i love eating a Bigmac
..WHO DOESNT ??

BigMacs

edit on 10/18/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

This got me thinking about my stepdaughter. She was vegan for a long time. While she was pregnant she went from that to vegetarianism. I have never in my life seen a person gain so much weight from a veg diet than her while she was pregnant. 80 pounds. And she didn't start off her pregnancy overweight. She was slender. But... she didn't walk or exercise. I would try and encourage her to get up and walk with me but she would refuse every time. Now, her weight is back to normal but she learned a lesson. She eats a more balanced, omnivorous diet with meat added in within reason.

Reason seems to be the key word lacking from most American diets. Exercise would be the other.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As it was mentioned earlier, the reason why the meat and fries last so long is because they are heavily salted which preserves the product - just like beef jerky or biltong or Parma ham etc. I mean common people some Parma hams hang for like 20 years and are still fine and edible... nothing miraculous here.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabrinaleena
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

This got me thinking about my stepdaughter. She was vegan for a long time. While she was pregnant she went from that to vegetarianism. I have never in my life seen a person gain so much weight from a veg diet than her while she was pregnant. 80 pounds. And she didn't start off her pregnancy overweight. She was slender. But... she didn't walk or exercise. I would try and encourage her to get up and walk with me but she would refuse every time. Now, her weight is back to normal but she learned a lesson. She eats a more balanced, omnivorous diet with meat added in within reason.

Reason seems to be the key word lacking from most American diets. Exercise would be the other.

Oh Please, I am 194cm high 94 Kilograms and I am vegetarian since 23 years. You just have to eat some other tings "Burger-eaters" don't know like legumes and chickpeas (Falavel). The mass meat production makes you fat and lazy, it kills billions of animals every year. And it also destroys the environment....but hey it's tasty.... - ouch my left shoulder. Idoits. How can just one argument be pro McDonald he?! - Illogical, ignorant.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This certainly isn't "new".

In the early 90's there was a newspaper article about somebody digging up an old garbage dump. I forgot the reason for it. But, they came across hot dogs from the 60's, that looked fresh as new!

I have a jar of applesauce in the fridge, it was opened over a year ago. It STILL hasn't gone bad! Applesauce USED to get moldy if not eaten within a couple weeks at the most. I'm leaving it there to see how long it "lasts".

If it comes in a package, it's BAD! Easy

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

In case you don't know, your "enlightened" habits of vegetarian are causing damage to many, many forests, especially in Brazil.

With the rise of the FASHION of "healthy" food, countries like Brazil are actually destroying massive forest areas so they can plant alternative food resources, resources like the ones used by vegetarians. Soya is a very good example, since they found out, that the Amazon soil is perfect for cultivating soybeans.

So that you can keep your butt healthy, massive forests are being put down so they can profit from a stupid fashion that is becoming a vegetarian in modern society.

How is that different from killing animals for food? I don't get it.

I think that when people become vegetarians and "vegans", they must have the pre-requisite of having their heads up their butts.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My uncle, an electrician, was at McD HQ's @ 20 years ago doing electrical work immediately outside the boardroom. He heard executives discussing diluting milkshakes with an additional ?ml of water, and raising the temp on the milkshake machines .25 F of a degree.

The executives estimated that that calculated into about $25 Miilion more dollars profit for HQ PER YEAR.

Money. Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

In case you don't know, your "enlightened" habits of vegetarian are causing damage to many, many forests, especially in Brazil.

With the rise of the FASHION of "healthy" food, countries like Brazil are actually destroying massive forest areas so they can plant alternative food resources, resources like the ones used by vegetarians. Soya is a very good example, since they found out, that the Amazon soil is perfect for cultivating soybeans.

So that you can keep your butt healthy, massive forests are being put down so they can profit from a stupid fashion that is becoming a vegetarian in modern society.

How is that different from killing animals for food? I don't get it.

I think that when people become vegetarians and "vegans", they must have the pre-requisite of having their heads up their butts.

ANGER! Who eats the soja beans - he? THE BURGER!

In tracking food animal production from the feed through to the dinner table, the inefficiencies of meat, milk and egg production range from a 4:1 energy input to protein output ratio up to 54:1.[3] The result is that producing animal-based food is typically much less efficient than the harvesting of grains, vegetables, legumes, seeds and fruits for direct human consumption

The data we had indicated that a beef animal consumed 100 kg of hay and 4 kg of grain per 1 kg of beef produced. Using the basic rule that it takes about 1,000 liters of water to produce 1 kg of hay and grain, thus about 100,000 liters were required to produce the 1 kg of beef.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

and...

What meat production does to South America: Violence, resistance and the soy unemployment boom:
www.pig8soy.org...

GET REAL!
edit on 18-10-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So you're saying that is right to put down massive areas of the Amazon forest, the "Lungs of Earth", just because it's efficient?

Okay, you just proved my point.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

So you're saying that is right to put down massive areas of the Amazon forest, the "Lungs of Earth", just because it's efficient?

Okay, you just proved my point.

Do you want to hose me? They put down the forest for the damn meat production. And it's not the best Idea to use 4k soja to produce 1kg meat while I eat 1 kilogram soja (4 times less). Do you understand what I mean brainiac?

Biofuel is the other problem, but for sure not the vegetarians. No further discussion, get it or ignore the facts.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm a diabetic and i spent most of my life eating processed foods. A year and a half ago, i met a great woman who took me away from the city and dragged me to the country. Since that time, i've been eating fresh foods, processed foods are limited to canned soups and the odd side dish meal. Consuming fast food, for me was an almost daily thing, to only once a month whenever we hit The Big City (whoppers, mmm) for a day of stocking up on food and items that are too expensive in the small town we live in. My overall health improved, i lost 70 pounds and my blood sugars are almost always in check. I credit that for eating what we are supposed to eat, natural and fresh.

I'm not against the fast food industry, too many people need them for employment but i agree with moderation. I still like a Big Mac once in awhile, it's a comfort food, a treat, nothing else. Too bad so many people feel the need to bend to consumer culture, and they are ruining their health in the process.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JJBB22

umad?

Mod edit - one line posts. Please review.

edit on 10/18/2010 by yeahright because: Mod Edit

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I would also suggest avoiding Coke or any other soft drink for that matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

thank God there is at least one other intelligent human being in this thread.

Corporate bashing by jealous vegans.

Nothing new here folks, move along.

ONLY IN AMERICA can people say "Don't eat that, it's not good for you" while just down the street, some homeless man is begging for the scraps.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Snarf because: refined to "vegans"

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is getting stupid. Everyone knows that Mcd's is not a healthy choice, thats a no brainer, but for a lot of people in the world it is very good. I for one love Mcd's, but i eat it in moderations. I mean i could make an artical about this for almost everyfood. If all you eat is Mcd's, there is a high possibility that you will get diabetes and heart disease and things like that. But if you eat a burger and fries every once in a while just to treat yourself you'll be JUST FINE. As long as you keep things in moderation everything will be ok, quit freaking out about it, this business about Mcd's being unhealthy is nothing new, lets move on to the next subject please.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

thank God there is at least one other intelligent human being in this thread.

Corporate bashing by jealous liberals.

Please oh please explain this. I am really curious how a thread about a youtube video about fast food gave you and excuse to insult liberals???

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Well it's the same logic behind Wal Mart bashers, Microsoft bashers, and any other large corporation successful enough to make it big.

There's always going to be a very dimwitted few out there who MAKE UP LIES in order to make said corporation look bad. Reference the OP: A dog won't eat a hamburger bun? Please. How gullible do you have to be?

And the "liberal" comment is based on my experiences. It has nothing to do with politics, more of a mindset. Big corporations are evil, and we should all eat untreated food grown in cow dung.

A thread like this is created every 30 seconds.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

So you do not actually have an answer? That is too bad. I could respect political trolling if there was at least a half way decent reason behind it. In my experience there is a liberal in this thread questioning the validity of the claim and referring to the post you praised to point out the logical failing but whatever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join