It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by Snarf

So you do not actually have an answer? That is too bad. I could respect political trolling if there was at least a half way decent reason behind it. In my experience there is a liberal in this thread questioning the validity of the claim and referring to the post you praised to point out the logical failing but whatever.

sigh. You just can't resist performing a little political baiting can you?

Please, move along now, im sure there's some just cause out there for you to rally with.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

What you need to understand is that while people continue this penile fight of "I'm a vegetarian" and "I'm a meat eater" and continue throwing egos and stupid studies and youtube videos from one place to another, people will never have a healthy diet.

It's people like you, people like the ones microwaving 4 years burgers and all sorts of crap, that takes away the good judgement of people. When you start showing those studies about how meat is produced, people get disgusted, and they stop eating it, INSTEAD of demanding for QUALITY products, they simply stop consuming, and the ones that don't care, continue to not caring, giving profit to those who produce things the wrong way. This happens both in meat, vegetables, or any other kind of habit that is massive around the world.

I'm out of this discussion, because I don't live in a country where the food you eat is a fashion, and I live in a place where our habits are just to keep us alive and healthy. I proudly live in a country that makes efforts to have healthy food on the table, with animals living in farms and not in cages, with vegetables that come from controlled farms with green productions methods, and not soyabeans or other crap that is massively produce so they can profit from a social fashion that has grown from nowhere and without need.

Especially americans, are only getting on their tables what they asked for. And blaming corporations like McDonald's is idiotic because what you eat, is what you choose to eat, and things would never have gotten to this level if people would think before consuming.

I like McDonald's, but I also like to go to a small farm and buy my own vegetables, with dirt still on them. I like eating at McDonald's now and then, but I also make a lot of my own meals, from fish, to vegetarian, to meat. I've a Mediterranean diet, and I've never experienced any better.

I'm not defending either side. I'm just pointing out that any massive habit in a large society has good and bad thing's. People take pride in some habits, clamming them to be green, or more responsible, without knowing that anything that is sold to millions of people, HAS to be industrially produced, and without control, any industry is bad. What people need to defend, is quality, not lifestyles, not special diets, not special habits.

And putting things in extreme perspectives, only makes it worst. Like people around here, saying that X food has Y chemicals and that if you put that chemical on a steel bar it will melt and all that sorts of "knowledge" crap.

Too much of anything is bad for health, and americans just can't get their minds around the fact that everyone consumes in EXCESS in the US.

Even other cultural diets from across the world, when they try to sell food in the US, they have to adapt, make it trashier or similar to junk food, so the average american will buy it.

Well, if people actually cared to THINK instead of just swallowing this propaganda crap (just because it's propaganda against corporations, doesn't mean it's good) the world would be a healthier one.

If people stopped and thought about how they behave, and how they eat, instead of making food a moral card, we wouldn't have this sort of problems.

Why is that in my country, people only buy meat that has a green label saying "produced under biological laws", that proves that the meat you're buying, comes from a cow that lived in a green pasture with movement and a good diet? Because we actually care, and think before consuming, because our parents and grandparents teach us that we need to be careful with what we eat.

And since we are in a McDonald's thread, let me tell you this:

Because we actually care about what goes into our systems (and not according to fashions), our McDonald's has nothing to do with US McDonald's.

Our burgers have time stamps on them, so you know when it was produced, and if it passes 5 minutes, you get a freshly cooked one. The meat tastes good, and is nothing like the ones in the US or in many other countries.

McDonald's in my country sells soups, made in the hour, and you actually see them throwing away food that has passed the consumption time. It's a bad thing, but that shows that half of the crap in this thread is a lie, at least in my country. If it happens in yours, it's because people let them behave like that.

Anything wrong with your request, and they give you a new one, and it's not because they can afford it, it's because it wasn't until McDonald's got the notion that they needed to give us quality food, that they started to have success in my country.

In my country, schools go to field trips to see how McDonalds farms treats animals, how they produce the meat and their products. They don't behave like in the US, because we don't let them. If they step out of the line, they are punished and fined.

So, is McDonalds to blame, or the client? If the client doesn't demand for quality and eats all sorts of trash, its obvious that they will produce trash... Why care, if you don't care for your own health? Why have loss of profit, when people simply don't care?

We cared, and we demanded for quality.

I hear all sorts of stories regarding McDonald's in the US about hygiene. To me, they are outrageous, because here, every employee is forced to use a cap with net holding their hair. You have to wash your hands with special hygiene products every 5 or 10 minutes. The kitchen is cleaned at slower hours, two, three, four times in a single day. You CAN ask to see the kitchen, and they are happy to show you how they work.

Same goes with the menus. Ours aren't the same as in the US. Our BIGGEST menu, is the size of your small/medium. They tried the mega for 1 or 2 months, but nobody would buy it. Why? Because for our culture, that was simply too much to eat, we know first hand, without the need for youtube videos or any kind of study, that the amount they tried to sold to us, was too much, and bad for our health.

Even the freaking ketchup has quality standards. They can't produce it like in the US, with nearly rotten tomatoes, and then try to make it eatable. Here they HAVE TO use fresh tomatoes grown on their own farms, and the farms are controlled by laws that force them to not even use harmful pesticides, to the environment and to consumers health.

Yet, most people in the US need to see a cheeseburger live through 4 years to understand how bad it is. Ours? They are rotten within days.

Balance is the right diet. Not vegans, not vegeratians, not meat-eaters, not McDonald's fans, not people who eat pills or any other crap...

Good judgement is yet the best diet ever developed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
sigh. You just can't resist performing a little political baiting can you?

Please, move along now, im sure there's some just cause out there for you to rally with.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Snarf because: (no reason given)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you for real? I am the one doing political baiting? When did I bring up politics? Oh, when I asked you how and why you brought it up, you know, just before you edited

reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

thank God there is at least one other intelligent human being in this thread.

Corporate bashing by jealous liberals.

to

thank God there is at least one other intelligent human being in this thread.

Corporate bashing by jealous vegans.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night. You came into this thread, bashed liberals for no reason and told me to move along for my political baiting.

Too early for this.

Edits like that only work when you were not already quoted.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by carlitomoore
Can we all agree that fast food is not good for us in any way, shape or form?

No we can't. See Chipotle.

Huh?
Chipotle?
Seriously?
Sorry friend, Chipotle is not healthy food, the smell alone should give you a clue.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I watched Food Inc. nearly 2 years ago. It totally changed my way of life. I only eat Grass fed organic beef now from farms I have researched and find them to be "Clean". It amazes me how many people see all this disease we have and keep eating this poison. Thanks for this post. Wouldn't it be awesome to eliminate all fast foods and see people start healing!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
The original McDs is not too far away and started in the 1950s. Somewhere along the way, the fresh ingredients were ditched for the crap ingredients. But why?

is that a real question?

why, to make money, of course!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
to the people out there, who are so concerned about mcdonalds products being so BAD, firstly dont eat it, and secondly, conduct some tests on most processed foods, and the outcome will more than likely be the same. and consider this, if you are so concerned of what you are going to digest, then next time you put sunblock, or lotion, on, read the ingredients..... you will be surprised, that in nearly every product sold, whether for human consumption, or for hygiene, or to wash your dishes, their is contents in the product, that are simply not good for you.... SO what i mean is, we should not just be attacking mcdonalds, look around you, everything in modern society in someway is bad for you.....

Be wise, know your products.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

My sentiments exactly. OP has set themself on a pedestal and assumed a "holier than thou" attitude towards the subject matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I'm gonna reply here the same as I did in the other tread:

I'm calling it BS!

copied from other thread: "I worked in a fastfood restaurant for 3,5 years, started as a student.
My husband worked in one for 11 years, started as a student, eventually ran it.

Only if you worked in one you know just how much control there is in this places, and I mean on a weekly bases! Control on everything you can imagine: food, hygiene, (even dust on the plants)
I can say for sure the in most fast food restaurants your burger is 100% quality beef, the salad is fresh except for the eggs (which are pre-packed and probably contain preservatives)... and the saus.... well that's a secret"

And your burger, once it's baked, it gets exactly 20 min to get sold, if not sold it is trown away

I ate burgers almost every day in the 3.5 years I worked there and I did not get big and fat or got any other desease, neither did my husband.

I'd say try it out for yourself, take a burger and let it sit somewhere for 6 months and compare it to a meatloaf you baked in the oven (just the meat, no other ingredients) and see what happens to that... you won't see much difference.
as for the buns, they are the same as hotdog buns you buy in the store... they are the same as any pre-packed bun.

I'm going on the offensive here..
Your dead WRONG!
The meat in a fast food comes from the major 4-5 beef disttibution warehouses.
Those companies grow and slaughter their own beef.
Which their slaughter cows are injected with G.H. ..i.e.from birth. they are injected with anti biotics from birth. on top of that the feed they are subjected to are from farms which are major feed suppliers that use bio-chemical treated grains and such.
ALL OF THESE are linked into the dna of these animals. Growth hormones are a part of that animal these aren't just past through the animals system. On top of all that the processing plants for the beef pump salt and preservatives into that beef. So yes your right that beef is 100% beef. It's 100% geneticly "enhanced" beef. And this goes for the chickens as well.
A few yes ago there were huge public out cry over companies tagging "organic" on non-organic. congress tried to take action by putting through law/laws that would restrain these huge beef growing companies from tagging their beef "organic" and if I'm recalling right these measures failed because fast food companies and beef growers lobbied to have the strict guide lines taken out of the law. There is a reason. Because they are using hormones and all kinds of injections in these products.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Even other cultural diets from across the world, when they try to sell food in the US, they have to adapt, make it trashier or similar to junk food, so the average american will buy it.

Really? Now that's an interesting little factoid. I'm sure I speak for a few members when I say I'm very interested to see the full report from the source that provided this information to you.

Why is that in my country, people only buy meat that has a green label saying "produced under biological laws", that proves that the meat you're buying, comes from a cow that lived in a green pasture with movement and a good diet? Because we actually care, and think before consuming, because our parents and grandparents teach us that we need to be careful with what we eat. And since we are in a McDonald's thread, let me tell you this: Because we actually care about what goes into our systems (and not according to fashions), our McDonald's has nothing to do with US McDonald's. Our burgers have time stamps on them, so you know when it was produced, and if it passes 5 minutes, you get a freshly cooked one. The meat tastes good, and is nothing like the ones in the US or in many other countries. McDonald's in my country sells soups, made in the hour, and you actually see them throwing away food that has passed the consumption time. It's a bad thing, but that shows that half of the crap in this thread is a lie, at least in my country. If it happens in yours, it's because people let them behave like that. Anything wrong with your request, and they give you a new one, and it's not because they can afford it, it's because it wasn't until McDonald's got the notion that they needed to give us quality food, that they started to have success in my country. In my country, schools go to field trips to see how McDonalds farms treats animals, how they produce the meat and their products. They don't behave like in the US, because we don't let them. If they step out of the line, they are punished and fined.

And this perfect country you live in with the perfect McDonald's who serves the perfect fast food while delivering the perfect customer service under the threat of severe punishment from it's perfect civilian population is................?????????????????????

Oh, never mind, I just found your country on your member profile: "Somewhere"

Right.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 302Found

My sentiments exactly. OP has set themself on a pedestal and assumed a "holier than thou" attitude towards the subject matter.

Not only an outrageous and untrue remark, but a highly suspicious one as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wrote McDonald's about this, and got a reply from them.
I think it is only fair to post it here - they don't seem to be defending themselves on this. It's probably a form letter.

[QUOTE]
Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's. We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your concerns.

McDonald's menu items are freshly prepared in our restaurants. It is not possible to provide a detailed explanation regarding these claims without knowing the conditions in which these food items were kept. That said, we strongly caution anyone from jumping to conclusions.

Bacteria and mold only grow under certain conditions. For example, without sufficient moisture, either in the food itself or the environment in which it is held, bacteria and mold and associated decomposition, is unlikely. If food is/or becomes dry enough, it won't grow mold or bacteria. In fact, any food purchased from a restaurant or grocery store or prepared at home that lacks moisture would also dehydrate and see similar results if left in the same environment.

McDonald's hamburger patties in the U.S. are made with 100% USDA-inspected beef. They are cooked and prepared with salt, pepper and nothing else - no preservatives - no fillers. Our hamburger buns are made from North American-grown wheat flour. Our world-famous French fries are made from potatoes and cooked in a canola-oil blend. These are the same foods that consumers buy every day in their local grocery stores - bread, meat and potatoes.

McDonald's food safety and quality standards are among the highest in the industry. McDonald's sources its ingredients from approved suppliers that adhere to strict standards for food safety and quality, including a controlled, well-maintained and clean environment throughout our entire supply chain. Together with stringent procedures for handling and storage, we work hard to minimize any exposure that would contribute to the presence of mold, bacteria or other microorganisms.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Guys, there is nothing to worry. I have worked at McDonald's as a manager, and can guarantee you that McDonald's goes through alot to get you the product you ordered. If the burger passes 10 minutes, it gets thrown away, for quality purposes. They are not the #1 profitable company in the Fastfood scene because they sell bad products. The beef is delicious, everyday, at any McDonald's restaurant, they go trough quality and safety checks, to be sure you get a quality product. They sell 100% beef, all bacteria are dead, it's safe to eat, they only add a little salt and pepper.The only way you will get health effects, is if you go there 3 times a day, and order the biggest meals. Only stupid people would do that. because all the bad fat would add up to youre cholesterol faster then you're body will be able to control it. I ate McDonald's almost everyday for 3 years, I am still as skinny as before,.. no problems whatsoever. I F***ing love the Quarterpounder.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zot Twady

Yes, seriously. A chipotle bowl with minimal rice, lots of fajita veggies, chicken aand steak....and topped off with cheese and guacamole. That is a pretty damn healthy meal.

....when did smell dictate a healthy choice? (honestly, I love the smell of chipotle)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Really? Now that's an interesting little factoid. I'm sure I speak for a few members when I say I'm very interested to see the full report from the source that provided this information to you.

Full report? Who are you? A representative of the government? Not everything is in reports.

Secondly, I have spook under the experience of social interaction that I have with americans, and people from my country that go to the US regularly. Many portuguese restaurants, for example, especially in NY, have "cultural" foods that have nothing to do with the "original" thing.

And this perfect country you live in with the perfect McDonald's who serves the perfect fast food while delivering the perfect customer service under the threat of severe punishment from it's perfect civilian population is................?????????????????????

Oh, never mind, I just found your country on your member profile: "Somewhere"

Right. 

My country is Portugal. You could just asked without looking like an idiot. I never said my country is perfect. I just stated that we aren't perfect morons regarding our food.

And we made mistakes. But after realizing what we were doing wrong, regarding food production, we went in other directions. Now, most of our products are biological, with very strict laws and controls.

We eat with our mouths. Most americans appear to eat with their eyes.
edit on 18/10/10 by Tifozi because: added a paragraph

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Honestly, that looks like a standard reply to the usual "why are your products so full of s***?".

The problem is, most people actual believe in that, and continue consuming without thinking twice, thinking that "oh, this is just lacking in moisture... It has nothing to do with the additives that actually show up on the products description"...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

My country is Portugal. You could just asked without looking like an idiot. I never said my country is perfect. I just stated that we aren't perfect morons regarding our food.

Tifozi, I hardly think I look like an idiot. Nor am I the one calling people names on this thread. But I would like to suggest that your verbiage is making you look like your intentions here are to bash Americans, because I don't see much more that you've offered...except claims about how Portugal has a perfect McDonalds ( a claim I am not inclined to believe and one that no one can really verify).

But one thing we know about Tifozi...HE/SHE SURE THINKS AMERICANS ARE DUMB! And if anyone here has any question about this in their mind, I'm sure Tifozi will, again, remind us in his or her next response!

Peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Why? Profit. McDs can keep this stuff under lights forever and continue to sell it. I remember when McDs french fries were the best around. Back then they were still pealing the potatos at each store. I don't know exactly when it changed but they aren't worth a dime now. Sometimes they mix old fries with new ones so the customer is well into them before they notice.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Curiousisall, this is a bit off-topic, but if you're single, I think you should look up ATS member "GoodOlDave." I mean, you have a lot in common:

He likes to use black and white avatars with photographs of well known people that have perplexed looks on their faces: You like to use black and white avatars with photographs of well known people that have perplexed looks on their faces;

He likes to defend the U.S. government; you like to defend the corporate food industry (who happens to be a close friend of the U.S. government)

His favorite threads are the ones about 9/11 conspiracies, and, look, you registered on 9-11-09! No telling what else you may have in common! Send him a U2U!

(****Awaiting usual "Warning" message from mods to arrive on scene in 5, 4, 3, 2......***)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join