It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why McDonald's Happy Meal Hamburgers Won't Decompose ~ The Real Story Behind The Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I've never liked eating at McDonalds, except their breakfast menu is pretty good though. As for that video with the non-decomposing burgers, how would you know the doofus didn't spray those burgers with pesticides or something before displaying them in his basement?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This whole thread is a non-event.

Like the article said "man has been preserving meat with salt for thousands of years", so why the big deal because McDonalds uses the same technique?

Why isn't there a thread about preserved meats not decomposing? Or the margarine example used in the article?

Answer: People just like to bash McDonalds.

I like the line in the article that we are feeding our kids poison every day. I guess that's why hundred's of thousands of children die everyday from eating Happy Meals.

Kids may get overweight or diabetes from eating McDonalds but they don't die from poison. Sounds like a real credible article.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
I would hope that all of this unhealthy business has some greater meaning...

Yeah, either we are actually being saved by the men in black from man-eating space aliens... or we're just bunch of idiots. I agree that there's nothing great in the latter but sometimes truth is just that simple.
edit on 18/10/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I just have to ask why Youtube videos are suddenly being taken as so credible?

ATS used to be a place where people took stuff like this with a certain skeptibility and now look. Why is there already more than 4 pages of people talking about how scary this video is while completely ignoring the post that points out there is bacteria that eats rocket fuel?

I would just like to see something a little more credible than a youtube video. Am I really that alone on this?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Personally I don't eat McDonalds hamburgers, I don't like the plight of the animals that are being mass produced, I imagine that mass production and a need for foods to stay good longer, even if they aren't cooked yet, are the reason for mass amounts of presevatives being used. That being said, I want to defend that Dogs love Mcdonald's hamburgers, buns and all. My husband buys our dogs one every time he goes, and he goes to McDonalds a lot. He orders the dog's plain, no onion, no pickles, just meat cheese and bread, and the dogs will take your fingers off for them! They seem to know the difference in McDonald's and Krystal too, with Krystal being their absolute favorite.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Then also there is consistency issues, if you buy a big mac down here in Plymouth and then again when you step off the train in Glasgow they should be identical....

why ??????????

are people really so hidebound and afraid to try anything new that they " need " the exact same identical food wherewver they travel

i dont eat at train stations / motorway services - for this simple reason - you are not getting " uniform quality " you are getting " standardised blandness " .

why bother to travel at all ? - when i travel i jump in both feet first - i loose track of the times that i had little or no idea what i just ordered till it actually arrived - but hey - i have no food allergies

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

What's even better about all of this is the fact that there is a McDonalds Restaurant in over 125 different countries. (sorry if this was already mentioned)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I quit eating there after the last double cheeseburger I had, which tasted like rubbish after a few bites.

It was the dollar menu double cheeseburgers that caused me to stop eating there as well. An hour after eating those things it felt like I had literally swallowed a large rock. Not necessarily a stomach ache but an actual rock. I usually ate there out of convenience but there is really nothing convenient about it all.

It easier and quicker to stock up on meat, keep it the freezer, defrost it and then put the patties on the George Foreman grill. Absolutely delicious especially when covered with baked beans.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
haha i dont care i will always love mcdonalds double cheeseburgers i dont care if they dont decompose or not that just means i can enjoy it later if i forget about it on the counter for a day instead of fearing it being not good. nah but seriously i do like mcdonalds dub burgers. i dont eat them very often maybe 2 times a year. but this stuff really doesnt suprise me and they really need to do away with high fructose corn syrup the only thing it tastes good in is mountain dew everything else tastes worse with it. i dont believe the diabetes is related to HFCS in the op though.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Personally I don't eat fast food, in fact I try to avoid most any processed stuff. But thats a personal choice. If you like it, if you are comfortable that it won't hurt you, go for it. For the most part we have a free market, McD or any of the rest of them aren't forcing you to buy and eat it - so whats the problem? Its your choice, its my choice. I won't go around telling people not to eat it and hopefully they won't be telling me not to eat my fresh veggies and whole grains.

Why do so many people feel this huge need to stuff their ideas down the throats of others?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It bothers me there are so many that shove their head in the sand and refuse to look at the ingredients, let alone study the know health effects of them. This thread is full of apathy and this disgusting, enabling "we'll, we are going to die anyways" and misleading "people are living longer, so its alright". People need to snap out of this stupor.

If you don't eat organic or prepare you're own fresh meals with fresh ingredients it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to only MODERATELY consume MSG, HFCS, preservatives and hydrogenated oils.

MSG (no limits mind you) is added to trick you're freaking brain into thinking its good decent food. It has been shown that it can damage the brain.

High fructose Corn Syrup enables cancers and diabetes

Hydrogenated oils lower good cholesterol and raise the bad.

I shouldn't even have to type this...you people are silly. We KNOW the effects of eating fast food and packaged crap. There is NO argument to be had.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
What IS "processed food"?

Hey, when you fry an egg you are processing it.

All those who proudly proclaim. "I don't eat processed food." are woefully misinformed.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chett
...Why do so many people feel this huge need to stuff their ideas down the throats of others?

Small minds.
Big egos.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

The question is still 'so what'? No one is forcing you to eat it, why would you feel the need to force others to eat your way? The information is out there, people can make of it what they will and make their own choices. Why do you get upset? How does anothers choice harm you?

edit: coke makes a great rust remover, I keep one in the 'dangerous chemicals' cabinet.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Chett because: add note

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

reminds me of a KFC food fight where I threw potato & gravy at a person and it landed on their car. When the car was cleaned, it took the paint off !

hmmm processed food...

it is questionable!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
salmonella.co.uk...

Just a fun little reminder of the type of "food" that has been known to come out of one of these buildings.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Mr9v9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2010 by Mr9v9 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I agree with the slow decomposition, Imagine a human body just laying there in the dirt, and no natural processes taking place. Most of us can't take back any freedoms, or control, because we are sparse and distracted.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I knew it was bad but I didn't know it was this bad. It is disgusting. I wounder if other species that don't eat it (I'm talking about every other species) laugh of us? Mmmmh.

Great thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
People like to justify their lack of responsibility in their own health, blaming the people that provide X service at a low price.

Americans have a long tradition of blaming others for their own stupidity.

I'm sorry, I love americans and the US, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Bake your own bread and it will not go mouldy either -- it just dries out really fast. That is normal; the way its supposed to work. Home made bread once dried out lasts a long time and makes great croutons. This is normal and not dangerous. Nevertheless, the home made bread will be better than the store bought or McDonalds because it doesn't have the unnecessary added chemicals. Minimizing intake of weird chemicals only makes sense.

Organic meat doesn't suffer from the addition of so many unnatural chemicals via the feeding process, and as a result it just tastes better. Plain and simple. The last time I tasted a fish sandwich at a fast food restaurant I just about gagged on it it tasted so bad. I remember liking them a bunch of years ago. I think it was an aquired taste. Now my pallet knows better!!

In a pinch you can eat fast food without killing yourself. I lost a ton of weight years ago by having the smallest burger available on the menu with all the veggies doubled up every day for lunch. It helped that I walked to and from between the offfice and the restaurant. Now that I am retired, and eat my own food, I can't stand the taste of the fast food stuff anymore. It won't kill you if you take care how much of it you eat, but if you have a healthier alternative, why not go for it??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join