It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
1) A - has his priorities straight, build the radio save everyone.

2) E - not much is given to E other than being a nice guy who provides comfort when needed.

3) B - Is able to construct a raft if needed although a douche for trading for sex. But hey if C thought it was worth it that's not B's problem is it.

4) C - An idiot for sleeping w/ someone to get a raft made to see D. If she was really in love with D she would have made her own dang raft, swam it, or waited for D to get to her.

5) D - for not doing anything worth while but complain because someone else got the girl... chances are E is getting some as we speak.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

A E D B C

1. A was busy trying to find a means of salvation for all of them.
2. E was nice and neutral in the fact that he took in C
3. D seems like he didn't give B a chance to explain what she did.
4. B is just a dirty old man who took advantage of the situation.
5. C DRAMA!!!! Typical woman, using men, having no patience, cheating.

There you go.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Yeah... now change the genders around, and see if you still have the same order of importance.

LOL!

(I only slept with this girl to be with YOU Baby!)

-Edrick

I'm just curious Edrick. How do you think it would have been different?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
1. E, He showed compassion for another individual, without asking anything in return. 2. A. Although, he didn't help her with her raft, he was working to help all the shipwreck survivors to get off of the islands. 3. D, He was upset at her and had the right to be, she gave herself to be with him, but he like anyone would be couldn't stand the sight of their companion with someone else. 4. C, She allowed herself to be taken advantage of to be with the one she loved, could she have not tried to build a raft on her own, or for that matter if you can see the island well enough for D to see her with B, could she not have swam across??? 5. B, He was the type of person who only thinks of himself.. He is a low life... So in order they would be E, A, D, C, & B.
Also, nice post!! S&F!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just to throw another impression to this interesting thread (thanks LadyinWaiting!)

1: E for sharing what he had and setting pride/power aside to do so. Nevertheless, it might turn into a tricky situation in the future if he feels he's owed something without pressuring. I.E. maybe he's already got his eye on C from before and sees this as a 'way in'. Just as an added food for thought.

2: A for having the ability to create a way out. Skills like these are always to be respected from my experience but I find his response a little cold. Fitting for 'intelligence' as per the KEY. Ultimately it's short term vs long term, emotion versus reason. Both things are important for us humans to live. When you're in deep love nothing else matters as much, even being rescued from an island in the middle of no where. Intelligence is a big holy grail these days but I would hope people do not forget the power of our personality and emotion to live life.

3: D. Partly because he was a victim of a lack of information and partly for standing up to his standards. A passionate response but I do not agree with the finality. "Cheating" is such a complicated and difficult topic to talk about. Personally I would want to know the reasons but I worry that I'd feel so betrayed and incensed to cast her aside as well, even though I would hope I could forgive. The pride and the ego are such prominent traits of ours in today's capitalistic 'dog-eat-dog' world and are hard to push aside after years of nurturing. By the time this initial anger wears off, E might already be the new lover. That would bother me on such a small island.

Ultimately, however, it depends on how C would explain it. A 'on-the fence' answer but people do terrible things in difficult circumstances. I feel leeway should be given.

4: C. For trying her best to get to her love, yet she compromised her very personal connection to her significant other as a means of reaching him. It's part of our society that we deal so casually with sex, but there's also such an intense sphere of intimacy that really hurts people if it's breached. Which is why C is below D. Inflicted pain. D, as a consequence inflicted pain on C by rejecting her. Both are bad things to do to another human being, especially when you give so much of yourself to someone else. There might've been other means to get B to build the raft, possibly through the help of A during a dinnertime conversation or something. Yet that's not the point of this test, so we're assuming there was no other way.

5: B for abusing his position of power. You see this a lot these days in various forms. I have something, you will give me something in return. You could call it 'fair' but too many transactions these days are impersonal, cold and manipulative. B is greedy and self-serving for wanting and taking something that was not his. Considering how many times I've met people like B in various degrees, I have somewhat of a harsh impression of B. The sad thing is that B's abilities could very well have him be the best off of all the survivors or the worst. There's always an element of risk in using power. All or nothing and it comes down to skill and intelligence of the one wielding it. By extension, it could also represent subterfuge, intrigue and betrayal. All of which I consider as bad things as they put some people down and others up.

My 3 euro cents.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

To: Gazrok

"A" is the Professor.

Oh! I thought A was Phage!

Well, I was trying to stick with the folks on the tv show, but see your point.

Personally though, E is more like me. (And, if I had a slut in my hut on a nice deserted tropical island, who would WANT to be rescued? (I'd probably sabotage the radio)....) Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

E- What a saint. After learning about the mess C foolishly put herself through, he could have easily said "how much love does food and shelter buy." Instead, he chose the humane path. While A was, indeed, looking out for everyone's quick rescue, he did not stop to first ensure everyone had the basic necessities first. What good is a radio if everyone starves to death! I like E!
A- one of the few in this who has his priorities in line. He seems to be most interested in effecting a solution for everyone on the islands, not in shortsighted problems like lack of boyfriend, lack of a physical partner, etc. After all, if C had chose to instead help A, she'd likely accelerate her reunion with D, without risking that relationship as she did by option for the "quick fix."
D- He, though a victim, refuses to understand that the only reason C did what she did was to be with him. I cannot fault him for his conclusion, but had C not betrayed him, he'd not have the oppurtunity to reunite and break up with her anyway. So its a wash for him, fitting for the man in the middle.
C- she seems selfish. stuck on an island and can only think of satisfying HER love and HER needs, asking others to do so while not offering a balancing favor or, heaven forbid, do it herself. Or swim! if the islands were close enough to be within eachother's sight during a full moon, C coulda swam it (after all, she did survive a ship wreck!).
B- I just plain dont like this guy. Though it was crazy for C to accept his offer, it was nothing short of evil for him, after hearing her pleas, to suggest intercourse as payment for a raft for C to reunite with her true love. B took advantage of a girl whose emotions clouded her judgment.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Nailed it.

Originally posted by reef75
My answer would be
ALL OF THEM
We are all one A B C D E and ME ;-)

At any time, depending on the situation and all of the various factors, we could be any one or all of those "characteristics"

edit on 27-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
E- He took her in and supported her while supporting himself also.

A- He was fending for the first person you need to help survive, yourself.

D- I can see where he's coming from, being mad and all, but maybe talking with her about why she did it could have cleared some things up.

C- She could have made the raft herself..oh and she slept with another man.

B- He took advantage of her at her weakest moment.

When can we see the key?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
1- A I liked A the most because he's doing what is best for himself and everyone else. He's trying to save their lives. He's not willing to be distracted with nonsense. He understands that the woman can spend as much time with her object of affection as she wishes after they escape the Island.

2-E He has a good heart. He's willing to care of someone that needs help. He's not #1 because he's not proactively seeking to make things better, he's allowing things to flow his way.

3-B He's willing to help. As long as their is something in it for him.

4-D He's an idiot. He saw his love having sex with another man and made the decision she was a dispicable whore without obtaining any information. He didn't try to reach her. He didn't bother to find out if she was raped or whatever...

5-C She proactively sought to be with the man she loved. She compromised her values(I assume) in order to achieve 2 objectives. Get to the other island. Reside with her lover until they are saved. By compromising her values she did get to the island but she ruined her relationship.

Reminds me of politics. A is a practical gent. He knows what needs to be done, he knows whats best for himself and he thinks he knows what's best for everyone. His fault was he never bothered to ask everyone else.

B is a typical politician, yeah I'll do your work for ya, what's in it for me?

C reminds me of the idealistic young politician. Wants to do what her heart says but when she can't get her way she decides to compromise her values to achieve her goal.

D is the true idealist. He only listens to his heart without using his head. He'll experience a lot of failure. One term politician that wins the hearts of the people but never accomplishes his goals.

E- He's a good guy who probably had a group say hey you'd make a great mayor. They talk him into running for mayor. He doesn't go out and grab anything that needs fixing, but when constituents bring issues to him he gets them fixed. But he doesn't always ask why they are in the situation they are in that needs fixing.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They are all self absorbed.

They are not working together for the survival of all.

A - just has to work on his radio
B - just has to get something for doing something
C - doesn't mind giving it up to get what she wants
D - feeling sorry for himself and pouting
E - made a house and found food by himself and up until C showed up it was for himself.

If I have to rank them

B - welcome to the bartering system
C - the other side of the bartering system
E - Hunter Gathering skills and a real Bob Villa
A - Electronics on an island....hope it works
D - Shows no skills or emotional control

These 5 working together could survive for a long time, however, because they are all self absorbed, they will all die. Either by killing each other or starvation. E might live....but I doubt it once D decides to kill him for shacking up with his woman...however..it will be after he steals the boat and kills B. D may even kill A after he kills B and take his radio. Now no one but the C and D now about her betrayal. They have a shelter and a radio....who knows about food. They'll probably die if they don't eat the berries that slow down their metabolism once they launch themselves off in a boat......oh wait....that's blue lagoon....my bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
E - He/ she took C in and cared for her etc and was understanding.
D - He refused to be with C after he saw what she did, but he was not understanding to her dilemma.
A - He/she caused no problems except for the fact that he was too busy to help C
C - If she truly loved D, she would not have agreed to do those things with B and would have come up with another solution.
B - Should have helped her without asking for anything in turn and should have been understanding that she was in a relationship

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
D - He wasnt in love with her, thats why he went to the second island. He thought her behaviour was dispicable cos he knew she only did it to get to the food and shelter.
A - He was trying to help with building the radio and understood that C didnt love D at all.
B - He thought it would be worthwhile getting his way with her as he knew she wanted to go there for her own gain of geting food and shelter.
E - He took her in because he wants to "get his way with her as he probably saw C and B together on the beach.
C - She used D as an excuse to get to E, she didnt care that D saw her dispicable behaviour because she doesnt want to be with him, she wants to be with E. She used B to get the raft built so that she could be on the island with E for the food and shelter. She was only thinking of her own gain. She would have seen the shelter and the food that E had.

edit on 27/9/10 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A) because he was trying to help everyone
E) because he was compassionate and willing to share
D) because he didn't try to understand or listen or forgive Made assumptions
C) she compromised herself and her love for selfish reasons. She could have offered to help A and get what she wanted without compromising herself or ask how to do it herself Ignorant and non thinking
B) took advantage of her desperation for a price.

Last two were very close in being last. Both selfish but B knew why he did it and had no motive other than himself.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Dalton

That about sums it up for me

A,E,D,C,B

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

FINALLY... someone ranked them like I did! Whew, I was beginning to think I was an anomaly!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A, his efforts will benefit all
D, he has virtues and character
E, he's generous and compationate
C, Put her own needs above all others
B, only a douche takes advantage of another

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
B is the worst of the bunch because he took advantage of a situation to better his own situation.
C is the second worst because she was willing to sacrifice her values to fulfill her needs.
D chose his own personal needs over his loved one when he failed to account for her during his swim to the island
A was un sympathetic to the needs of another and I suspect that this was do to his own self interest.
E was sympathetic to the needs of C and was willing to provide her with quarter

I dont understand how B is worse than C? I know its all about opinion but if C loved D and wanted to be with him, she would have swam to the second island and not the first. C only wanted to go to the second island once she realised there was food and shelter there and she told A and B that she loved D as an excuse to build a raft, when infact all she wanted was some food and a bed! She's a user!

Just my 2 cents though!

I'd say they're all pretty awful people really (except D)

edit on 27/9/10 by jrmcleod because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I changed my view

C is a slut basically who couldn't figure out another way.

D stuck to his guns and dumped her. I mean, "Honey I let this guy have sex with me to get to you. I never thought of just swimming for it"... Stupid chick should have gotten the boot. He probably realized she's too much drama.

A is the best because he's actually doing something constructive

B is the douche who uses people in times of need to get what he wants. Backstabber like that is dangerous on an island. He's the guy I'd watch out for most.

E is just a bystander who got the stupid chick because her guy dumped her. He's basically the rebound. She'll probably drive him nuts and he'll tell her to go to someone else...maybe she deserves "B".

I hope "A" gets off the island.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's very strange to hear all of the assumptions people are adding to their reasons for picking the person they did. I hope each of you realize that these are just projections of what YOU would do in these instances. The assumptions are entirely subjective, and a product of your imagination.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join