It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is an interesting little quiz that will reveal how you rank values in life.....what is important to you, from the most important.......to the least important.

I will tell you a story, and you are to rank the order in which you like the people involved, from most liked to least liked. If you will, give a reason why you do, or do not, like the person. This is optional, but I think if you don't, you'll regret it later on.

If you happen to know the key to the test, then I request that you not reveal it, and permit me to do so at the appropriate time. Thanks.

I still have the same ranking that I had years ago when I first took the test, so some things never change. Interesting.

0^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^0
Island #1...........................................Island #2
Inhabitants:.......................................Inhabitants
A....B.....C ...................................... D...and...E

The Story

There was a shipwreck in the sea. There were five passengers on board.
The passengers are : A, B, C, D, and [color=seagreen]E.
C is a woman.

The large 0's above represent small Islands. They are within sight of one another.
When the ship crashed, passengers A, B, and C swam to the first Island.

Passengers D and [color=seagreen]E, swam to the second Island.

C is in love with D. She was separated from him during the shipwreck. She wants to be with him.

She goes to A, and asks him to build a raft for her, so she can cross the water to be with D.

A responded: "No, I will not build you a raft. I have salvaged some radio equipment that washed up, and I am very busy trying to repair it. I don't have time to build a raft for you".

She then goes to B and asks him to build a raft for her. He states he will build a raft for her, provided she permits him, shall we say, to have his way with her. She agrees.

Late that night B and C, go down to the beach, and follow- through with the agreement. They seal the deal, so to speak.

Across the water, that same night, shipwrecked passenger D was having trouble sleeping. He had gotten up from his camp during the night, to go for a walk on the beach.

It Just So Happened that the moon was very full and bright that night. He saw C on the beach with B. He saw what they did.

The next morning, as promised, B built a raft for C.

She took the raft, and paddled over to Island number two.

She hurriedly ran to find her lover --D.

When she found his camp, he said to her:
"I saw what you did on the beach last night! You are despicable! I want nothing more to do with you. Get out of my sight!"

She left and went further down the beach where she found shipwrecked member[color=seagreen]E. She told him what had happened, and he took her in, providing shelter and food for her.

Now, from most-liked to least-liked, in what order do you rank these people?
And if you will, please give a reason for your choices.

(You might want to give this a little thought.)

edit on 9/26/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: Repair codes.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
do we email u our answers or post them up
???

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
(1) = A . Because he wanted to save everybody and was acting on it already.

(2) = E Because he helped C ( the woman) with seemingly nothing to gain. ( having to probably split food and shelter.)

(3) = C She used her only skill ( from what we are told at least ) to be with her man. If only for selfish reasons.

(4) = D Because although he was an innocent party but was not actively trying to get to her island. Or seemingly doing anything but trying to sleep.

(5) = B He must have known C&D were a couple, but used his skills to extort sex from a desperate person.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A most liked, he is trying to help them all.
E second liked, he helps others with no reward
C third liked, she loves and sacrifices to be with her love
D fourth liked, he doesn't love enough to build a raft himself, yet judges his love for her sacrifice.
B Despicable uses another in distress for his own gain.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Thanks guys for your replies. I would like it if you post responses here. It's not a bad thing. Don't be shy.
I'm going to post mine, too.

I put this in this forum, because there really is more here than meets the eye. You'll see when I give the key. But again, it's not a bad thing!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll write this in the rank that I like them,

A - for sticking to his guns, and not losing focus of the goal.

E - Really had no clue what was going on w/ the others, but still managed to benefit

B - for helping out in a bad situation, and still getting something out of it

D - had D listened to C's reasoning, they may have come to an understanding

C - had she just waitied for A to finish up, they might have all been able to get off their islands together.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
most liked E - he provided food and shelter
A - he was trying to fix the radio to make contact
D - he thought his girlfriend dogged him
C - she dogged her bf instead of building her own raft ( prob blonde)
least liked B - the douchebag made C sleep with him

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
From an anthropological point of view.

B wins in the mating game.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
We don't know the full details of this story, but here goes my try.
From most ethical/selfless to less ethical/selfish:

E- completely selfless. decided to stay on the island. The only one to have a completely practical selfless act in this story.
A- it's difficult to say whether he was repairing the radio for a selfish motif or not. Probably not. So, I rank him in the top, except for the fact that he could in fact have helped her when she asked it (or explain her, please wait for my repair). But overall, a rather selfless person. He decided to try to go out of the island but he don't know his intentions (probably he would helped his mates).
C- sacrificed herself, but it was a bad move. She could have waited for A or built a raft herself (or even swim, if she could). However, she did nothing to help her mates, only thinking about her love.
D- I now realize that he is a bit selfish, he didn't listened to C reasoning of sacrifice to be with him. We do not know whether he was building a boat but he could have at least tried to swim back.
B- most selfish, demanded sex in return for help (probably he was aware C and D were in love). We also don't know this.

edit on 26-9-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
E, he wants to help out without wanting anything
A, he want to help all, BUT the radio must dry and that needs time. In that time he could help her
C, nothing to add...
D, as IAMIAM stated, why doesn´t he build a raft or swims over
B, he uses the situation for his own sake

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
1. E ........because he took care of C without preconditions.
2.A ........ because his desire to channel his energies into getting help and off the island are essentially for the good of everybody . (Perhaps he could of been more tactful in how he expressed his priorities. He certainly could of assuaged lady C anxieties of never seeing Mr. D again. )
3.D ...... his reaction is understandable given what he had just witnessed. Perhaps the reason why C slept with B will bring him round. (She is the only woman on the island after all)
4.C .......too eager to sleep with Mr.B . Did she attempt to swim across, build a raft herself , petition the man repairing the radio further, or even try to signal the other island .Or have faith in MrA`s abilities to repair the radio.
5. B ........because his actions were despicable and opportunistic .

To recap.......

1.E
2.A
3.D
4.C
5.B

edit on 26-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: edit text length

edit on 26-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: To recap

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

1. A: got to work right away trying to salvage equipment that could save all five members. I admire him getting down to business with the little resources he had. He didn't help C, which is the only mark against him, but he had a pretty darn good reason. Afterall, if A was able to call for help all 5 members would benefit, and C could be with D on the 'outside.'

2.E: Also seems like he got down to business. Was fully able and willing to care for C with what seems to be shelter and resources he collected in some way. People with the mentality of A and E are exactly who you'd want to crash on a desert isle with.

3-4, tie. C and D: tie because I see little good or bad about their behavior. Both were worried about their interpersonal relationship rather then gathering resources or attempting to get rescued.

C only slept with B because she loved D, I don't care about that part of her behavior, its the single-minded focusing on getting across to D instead of following A and E's example that makes this behavior bad, not her decision to sleep with B. Why didn't she offer to help A instead of bothering him and then wasting time with B and D? C is the anti-A.

If C is the anti-A then D is the anti-E. While E seemed to be all about survival on the island, D is callous toward C's survival. I don't think his behavior was any worse then C's however because he didn't know why C was making love to B he only saw what he felt to be a betrayl and let his heart do the talking to the detriment of the group. Both C and D face this flaw in the midst of a crisis.

5. B: probably the only truly despicable person in the story. He built the raft for C as a bargaining chip to take advantage of C sexually. C wanted the raft because she loved D, B knew this and still conditioned his offer to help on her willingness to comply with what is basically rape. He didn't just NOT help out the way A and E did, he spent valuable time, resources and energy in an effort to take advantage of his fellow neighbors.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Interesting little test!

I'd have to rate these people based on the following:

E - For showing compassion and empathy for another person's plight despite the circumstances.
A - Even though he's making an concerted effort to salvage the radio for a rescue effort he is dismissive of C's distress.
C - She is a victim of circumstance and makes a "sacrifice" in order to be reunited with her loved one. Even though her reasoning may seem somewhat selfish at first glance, she took a gamble and lost heavily. In retrospect, she has learned that D lacks compassion and forgiveness -- not very good traits on which to build a long-term relationship.
B - Even though he was a dog and used C, he carried through with his promise to build her a raft.
D - He made no effort whatsoever to either find a way to reunite with C, then had the gall to pass judgment against her leaves him at the bottom.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Most to least:

A= His goals and motivation were to seek rescue. However his motivations are first towards self before others and may constitute a later problem should he fail his task with the radio. He is a representation of Order.

D= While not receptive to his situation he does little to correct it. D is a representation of the common man in this instance. Judgmental and a little self-absorbed, but adapts to a situation as best as possible.

E= He has already prepared himself to the situation and adapts to make the most of it. After the next morning he has food, shelter and the company of a woman. Ultimately E is a capitalist and is only slightly better than B.

B= This guy is the criminal element. He can only be dealt with by barter and is discord and chaos personified.

C= The worst of the lot. She is a consumer and looks only to be pampered. She will be a major problem if not rescued soon. And will pit the others against one another to further her own comfort.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
A - Because he was most interested in doing what was needed to be done. Who knows, maybe he had a friend on the other Island too and wanted to go, but focused on the group of them getting off the Islands.

E - Took C in, sacraficing some of his resources. However, I can't know if that was fueld by his good heartedness or perhaps after hearing the story, now knows that she is desperate and may want to take advantage of her just as B did.

D - Can't really blame the guy for getting upset and perhaps if he knew why, he would have been less mad, but I still wouldn't blame him for being kind of freaked out that his girl was so willing to hop onto B, no matter the reason.

C - Because not only is she weak(ergo, why she couldn't go without D and was manipulated by B and possibly E, and needed E to take care of her), but she is showing to be useless as far as getting off the Islands go. Through her actions she has caused strife between herself and D, likely D and B, and D and E, as well as taken resources from A and B for a raft and also E for a place to stay.

B - Because he took advantage of an obviously weak member of the crew and was stupid enough to sacrafice possible necessary resources for a relatively short time of bliss.

I think this scenario asks a lot of questions too. Like, why are 4 guys and 1 girl travelling together? You would more expect more than one woman. Makes you wonder if there is more to the story. But, I'll leave it at that for the moment.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

D - He made no effort whatsoever to either find a way to reunite with C, then had the gall to pass judgment against her leaves him at the bottom.

C actions were no better than if she had given a taxi driver fellatio in exchange for driving her to her boyfriends house across town.

He wasn`t going anywhere , his life or her life for that matter, weren`t in danger .

-------
Edit to add :

I suppose a fundamental difference between men and women would be that women fear emotional betrayal over sexual betrayal. With men fearing sexual betrayal over emotional betrayal.

edit on 26-9-2010 by UmbraSumus because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

On the contrary, the circumstances are of an extreme nature and there is no guarantee of being rescued. If anything, C actions are based upon a highly emotional and stressful situation. She did what she thought was necessary to be reunited with a loved one and she paid dearly for her actions.

There's a huge difference between being stranded on an island and wanting to jaunt across town to visit a paramour.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by UmbraSumus

On the contrary, the circumstances are of an extreme nature and there is no guarantee of being rescued. If anything, C actions are based upon a highly emotional and stressful situation. She did what she thought was necessary to be reunited with a loved one and she paid dearly for her actions.

There's a huge difference between being stranded on an island and wanting to jaunt across town to visit a paramour.

These hypothetical situations are always bare boned , lacking the nuanced narratives that the real world marinates in day to day.
How long have they been on the Island ? My impression was that it hasn`t been long , considering that the radio repair guy has only set about his task . Surely it crossed Miss C`s mind that she would have to tell B what she did or did she plan on not telling him .

I stand by my choices.

See edit in post above:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
None of these people are swimmers?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ultimately all of them were somewhat selfish. We do not know if they were having selfless goals.
A was doing something, but did not help her directly. He lacks diplomacy at least. We don't know whether he is selfish too.
E helped her, but we don't know what he was doing to help the others, or if he would take advantage of her. We also don't know whether he is selfish.
C, sacrifice herself, she was somewhat selfish to be with D instead of helping everyone, she could have swam alone or build a boat herself.
D, maybe he was selfish because he didn't even wait for her explanation, reacting on his instant emotions. Was he helping everyone out? We don't know but probably not.
B, worst of all, however at least asked for her permission. What is really bad is that probably he was aware of C-D relationship. And he could have helped A instead of building a boat for having sex in return. Worst of all.

Worst is B
pportunistic and creates problems for C and D.

C and D committed fatal mistakes, lack of judgement. D because he did not listen to her, he lacks compassion and understanding. C lacks judgement (which causes pain in D and fulfills the ego of B), not helping anyone. It seems, that between C and D, C seems best: at least tried something to be with him. D did not even care about her from the first place. Both lack helping the remaining others.

A lacks diplomacy. E helped her, but was he helping others to go out of the island? E looks like lazy, albeit not opportunistic as B, he just responded to C request. What was the best service to everyone? To stay or to leave? A and E are best. It's difficult to decide which. As humans, both have their faults, but at least these are not "catastrophic failures" as the ones of C and D, and not a bastard like B. E only help C. What if he could help C and D together. A was the most selfless of all.

A, E, C, D, B

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join