It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I changed my view

C is a slut basically who couldn't figure out another way.

D stuck to his guns and dumped her. I mean, "Honey I let this guy have sex with me to get to you. I never thought of just swimming for it"... Stupid chick should have gotten the boot. He probably realized she's too much drama.

A is the best because he's actually doing something constructive

B is the douche who uses people in times of need to get what he wants. Backstabber like that is dangerous on an island. He's the guy I'd watch out for most.

E is just a bystander who got the stupid chick because her guy dumped her. He's basically the rebound. She'll probably drive him nuts and he'll tell her to go to someone else...maybe she deserves "B".

I hope "A" gets off the island.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, this was by far the funniest breakdown of the characters.
I'm still thinking about my list but so far C ranked last for the reasons stated by the majority of the replies, and E and A are leading the list.

Update : 1. A - Had his priorities straight. Knew what needed to be done first, and would not be distracted.
2. E - He obviously found shelter and had enough food to share, and if he didn't then what a saint.
3. C - He merely offered a proposition, it was up to B to take it, or find another solution.
4. B - Although her decision was repulsive to me, she tried something to get what she wanted.
5. D - Absolutely worthless.

edit on 27-9-2010 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ahem...does B look like Sawyer from 'Lost' cuz that may change the order of things...jk, jk

edit on 9/27/10 by Demetre because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Buwhahahah!

I agree, that would maybe make a difference.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Nailed it.

Originally posted by reef75
My answer would be
ALL OF THEM
We are all one A B C D E and ME ;-)

At any time, depending on the situation and all of the various factors, we could be any one or all of those "characteristics"

edit on 27-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I'll be "A".

I'll get off the island in a few weeks and be home in time to watch Jeopardy

All the rest can die of scurvy and herpes.

I'm already sick of all of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I think I'm changing my order also. Once I reflected on it I had a change of heart. B was just being B. He did nothing illegal. B and C both used each other for their own personal gain. But C violated her own values (assuming she had any values) to be with D. Plus, it would have been something that would eventually lead to ruining her relationship.

So for the record.

A
E
D
B
C

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This reminds me of something I read a long time ago.

If a woman was changing her own tire, then most men would help in a heart beat.

If a man was changing his own tire, then NO ONE would help. Even the cops just drive on by. It could be pouring down rain and no one would care the least bit.

A must have been really focused on what he was doing.
B must have been thinking, "It's payback time!" He probably mentally scrolled down the list of times he helped a woman out only to get a smile and thank you. Note to women: Men don't do anything for a woman just to do it. We always have other motives in mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I figured it out.

A was the pilot and C probably tried to molest him while in flight and they all crashed. That's why he pissed now.

D knew it the whole time and she (C) slept with B thinking he never knew. HE DID...and now he's pissed...they crashed because she was drunk off of a Long Island Ice Tea grabbing the Pilot's crotch...and she screwed the guy we know as "B".

He was going to ask her to marry him and now everything is screwed...and he realizes his ex from high school who keeps poking him on Facebook..would have been the better choice.

B was just on the flight going to a douche bag convention.

C knew that the water between the islands was only waste deep, and thought nobody would find out. She even laughed about it and texted it to her Myspace friends. She's completely useless.

E is Gilligan, he's been there for 40 years and he's finding humor in it all.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Note to women: Men don't do anything for a woman just to do it. We always have other motives in mind.

You have been summoned by the Secret Order of Dudes. Revealing our most precious secrets will not go unpunished.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

Originally posted by Come Clean
Note to women: Men don't do anything for a woman just to do it. We always have other motives in mind.

You have been summoned by the Secret Order of Dudes. Revealing our most precious secrets will not go unpunished.

Yes, I agree. We should investigate his status as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
#1 - E, because he helped C and probably would have no matter what she had done.

#2 - A, because he was focusing on getting everyone out.

#3 - D, because he is innocent.

#4 - C, because she is ignorant.

#5 - B, because he serves himself.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

#1 is E He is compassionate for a human being and does not judge her based on her actions regardless of her motives.
#2 is D He is heartbroken by what has occurred and doesn't have the ability to shake that instance and let it go. His reluctance to listen to C's reasoning is why he is ranked 2
#3 is A He is determined to finish his work but is too self involved to help someone else out. We don't know his motives for repairing the radio.
#4 is C Love knows no bounds for her but she is willing to give up her integrity and morality to get what she wants.
#5 is B He is the most despicable person because he uses his raft building skills to get what he wants. He manipulates C.
Egotistical self centered human being who is only driven by one thing, Getting his "Rocks" off

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I guess I ordered them in who I thought I could trust the most.

A = Trying to save everyone while not choosing favorites.
D = Since he really didn't do anything wrong even if I disagree with his logic
E= Helped her, but then he could have had other motives; well he didn’t force them and who knows he might be 96 and didn’t care if she was a woman.
C= Willing to do anything it seems for her goals…maybe good, maybe not good, but it didn’t turn out so well this time.
B= Did help her but also took advantage in a most serious way.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ok so first for me is E - humble, cared enough for the girl to give her shelter regardless of the past very selfless but still knows how to survive...also managed to get food and shelter...the form of Jesus (or atleast to me) also we dont know how big his shelter or food is. it could have been almost nothing, but still he was willing to share and help
after that:
C Blinded by love ~ but love is also bliss, shame about the foolish thing she accepted to though. But in the end she got her goal of getting to the other island. Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the otherside

A - Although he was doing the right thing, he didnt help in the end. But respect to him
D - Didn't forgive her, didn't try to help to get together, didnt acknowledge the fact that she crossed the river for him.
B - the form of Devil in this story instead of tempting with apple he tempted with sex

edit on 27-9-2010 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
D------He was the only innocent one in it all. He was scared and separated from his lover only to find her #ing some other guy!!

E------He was also innocent, and nice to the girl, but he knew that she had #ed some other guy already, and had just ended her 'relationship' with D. Maybe he just wanted the ass too?

B------I thought he was bad, although smart. He knew she would do anything to get to the other island, so he intelligently took advantage of her. Way to go, man! It worked! He made me laugh.

A------A was just annoying to me...I mean, come on...just build the #ing raft for the lady. She misses her man. You can always mess with radios and # later...If he had just built the raft, none of this story wouldve even happened!

C-----Bitch, hoe, slut, selfish, etc. etc. ...always trying to get her way 'oh mr. EEEEEE??' 'I messed up things with my lover, can I move onto you now?'

so how r u gonna grade these tests??

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Key to the values in the story are posted on pages 5 and 11.
Please use these to rank the order of the importance of the values to you (at least in this story)!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
E - Because he showed compassion and understanding
A - The guy was actuvely trying to get off the island
D - He's a pretty neutral character as far as subjective viewpoint of the narrator implies, but he doesn't give his girlfriend the chance to explain, although I'd be pretty devastated if I saw my girlfriend sleeping with someone else. :/
C - Perhaps her efforts should have been focussed more on the group than the individual - if she got everyone of the island she would hopefully be reunited with her love anyway
B - What a friggin jerk! I suppose it was a mutual agreement, but when he knew she was in love with someone else, that's a pretty sh*tty thing to ask of someone

Right, I'm ready to be enlightened!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
(1) E- He had compassion and love and he was selfless.

(2) A- He was neither here nor there but he understood the importance and order in which things needed to be done.

(3) D- He acted out of anger and he was right to do so but he didn't try to resolve the problem or even find out the reasoning behind her actions.

(4) B- He was selfish and stupid but he was doing something for someone else and what can you give someone on an island, although he should have just built it for her if he had nothing else to do.

(5) C- She was not loyal and rash thinking and she could have built a raft on her own if she really wanted to see her loved one, But she chose the easy, wrong path to getting her way and she agreed without even thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OK, somebody has got to ask: Of all the letters available, any particular reason the woman was assigned the letter "C"?

Is it because of the C-word D called her after he saw her shagging B?

And no, I don't mean "Chick".

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I am happy with my results.

L
I
M
P
S

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MusicLife

LIMPS, lol. It took me a second to figure out what you did here.

@Harry Tuttle: Still playing Devil's Advocate? lol.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join