It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealing Self-Test!! (Fun, too.)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Thanks for the post. Good fun.

I don't quite get C=sex. I would have changed those and had B as sex, because his motive was sex. And C as power, because her motives were to get what she wanted.

edit on 29-9-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/29/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: I can see this point, but this comment was a reply to me, and not my comment.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
D, A, E, B, C

First off, I completely empathize with D. While C slept with B to get to the other side to be with D, when she got there and D told her to screw off, she didn’t even try to tell him what had happened, and instead decided to ask E for food and shelter, to which the douche bag obliged.

I don’t really have a problem with A, at all, so he comes in second, since D is the pimp here.

B was a selfish loser. He decided to take advantage of C's situation, and boinked her because he’s a horny, worthless nothing.

Still, I dislike C the most, because as I empathize with D the most, she was the root of his issue. She left him without even trying to win him back.

Haha, I tried my best to get as into it as possible, and I do believe I succeeded!

By the way, some of you really don't like to pay attention; C NEVER tried to tell D what had happened. Some of you are saying really stupid things like: "Well, it's D's fault for not listening when C tried to explain herself." Check again. Try not to let your silly little emotions get the better of yourselves, kids.

Thanks.

-SoD

edit on 29-9-2010 by SlaveOfDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

Behold the Self-Revealing Pentagram:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Most liked would be C, as she was able to get what she wanted by trading the best asset she had
Next is B. He helped when he could but also took the price for it. A true businessman
Next is D. He believed his eyes. However, no patience to understand the motive. Most of us are like that
Next is A. Fixing the radio would help him along with the others. Possibly a selfish motive
Last is E. Do not know whether he would have helped any one else in the circumstance.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

The pentagram is beautiful, truly, but a pentagram?
Is there some sort of hidden message there for the highly unfortunate shipwrecked?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by EnlightenUp

The pentagram is beautiful, truly, but a pentagram?
Is there some sort of hidden message there for the highly unfortunate shipwrecked?

Thank you.

I will simply say that it isn't random. If they wish to be rescued they must study! The saltwater already damaged the electronics beyond any hope of repair and a category-5 hurricane is on its way.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Well the reason I would isolate love on its own is because it wouldn't really change the aspect of love that is demonstrated. Love on its own would have still built his camp and should Sex paddle over to that island still would have taken her in. If the story had went on longer eventually all would have ended up in Love's camp in my opinion.

My problem with Love and Morality being on the same island is the proximity to one another, it does nothing to soften Moralities heart at all. So putting him on his own would hopefully help people understand that Morality is acting under its own power and judgment because he is isolated from the influences that would make him less rigid. The only real problem I see with doing it that way is what caused Moralities bout of insomnia. Was it loves influence telling him something was amiss, was he wrestling with himself over the morality of building a camp instead of a raft to claim his love first, or was it just bad luck? Because I know when I can't sleep it is because im in some kind of emotional distress.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

Well the reason I would isolate love on its own is because it wouldn't really change the aspect of love that is demonstrated. Love on its own would have still built his camp and should Sex paddle over to that island still would have taken her in. If the story had went on longer eventually all would have ended up in Love's camp in my opinion.

My problem with Love and Morality being on the same island is the proximity to one another, it does nothing to soften Moralities heart at all. So putting him on his own would hopefully help people understand that Morality is acting under its own power and judgment because he is isolated from the influences that would make him less rigid. The only real problem I see with doing it that way is what caused Moralities bout of insomnia. Was it loves influence telling him something was amiss, was he wrestling with himself over the morality of building a camp instead of a raft to claim his love first, or was it just bad luck? Because I know when I can't sleep it is because im in some kind of emotional distress.

And I wanted to see this again, also:

What is morality without love and intelligence to mold it?
It is a rigid dogmatic strict sense of rules that has no feeling or compassion it knows no other behavior than right or wrong, it is judgmental. Pure black and white there is no gray.

Thank you for this explanation. Exactly. What is morality without love and intelligence to guide it.
And you know what? Probably if things take a really bad turn, everybody probably will wind up in Love's camp.
Great insight, thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
(1) = A . Because he wanted to save everybody but was rude about it. Hard 1st.

(2) = E Because he helped C ( the woman) with seemingly nothing to gain.

(3) = D Because he was not actively trying to get to her island. and didn't even try to understand the other motives.

(4) = C She used her only skill ( from what we are told at least ) to be with her man and didn't trust D to come over there instead.

(5) = B We was a jackass to put C in that position.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

0^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^0
Island #1...........................................Island #2
Inhabitants:.......................................Inhabitants
A....B.....C ...................................... D...and...E

Now, from most-liked to least-liked, in what order do you rank these people?
And if you will, please give a reason for your choices.

I don't like ANY of them.

A is too busy being a hero to be a team player.
B is useless opportunist.
C is a Disney Princess (can't do anything for herself, needs to be saved) who has no morals
D is lazy and useless
E wasn't thinking about the needs of the group or he's a hoarder. Maybe even plans to sell what he has to the rest of the people (sound like Sawyer from Lost?)

D & E were wreckless in their search for dry land and ended up separated from the majority.

No one took leadership in the water to get everyone together and head for the same land, much less check to see if everyone made it out alive. Obviously none of these guys played on team sports or they would have combined their resources and worked together to fix the radio and build shelter to keep safe &warm in while they also build a raft to get off the islands (even if only to visit the other island for food) and others were responsible for hunting and gathering food (or maybe looking for other civilized people on the island?).

And IF these two lovers were so important to each other, C wouldn't have whored herself out for material things (raft) to be with her 'man' because D would have made certain his helpless damsel was safe and protected before even trying to swim for shore. Let's face it Princess C, he's just not THAT into you. Dump him.

Like I said, I don't like ANY of them.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
1) [color=seagreen]E: He was selfless and forgiving in doing what he did, giving shelter and food to a sinner.

2) A: Straightforward in his convictions, he stayed on his goal to help everyone.

3) C: Too absorbed in her love, she was unable to keep her devotion, and stooped to doing something despicable instead of seeking another alternative.

4) D: The one worse than a sinner, the one who judges the sinner. A normal guy, yet is a hypocrite, he did nothing else.

5) B: The worst one of the worst. Takes advantage of desperate people and uses them for his own gains.

To summarize the five people by titles:

[color=seagreen]E: Jesus
A: Apostle
C: Sinner
D: Pharisee
B: Satan

Eh, it may be far-fetched but that's how I see it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

When I express "Passion" I'm intending the irrational power of emotion. It doesn't matter to me revenge, lust, conviction, shame, pride... all of which I define under an umbrella of "passion."

The use of the morally weighted word "lazy" shows you're confusing the emotional drive and the moral code. You know, even Mother Mary was a two-timer ;-) There exists a difference between passion and sex. I may be too difficult for you to see this if your "Moral" filter clouds your understanding though.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
1 - E because he stays neutral to the situation and simply helps out a fellow crash victim regardless of personal gain.
2 - A because he is trying to get everyone saved.
3 - D because he has every right to be angry and is innocent in the situation. But could have done something other than sleep.
4 - C because she should never have done what she did. She could have easily built a raft herself or assisted A and then got a raft built.
5 - B because he is a bad guy for exploiting C's want to be reunited with D. He is just a bad guy.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2010 by jcojocaru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

To the OP I would like to say thank you since I kinda stole your island scenario and used it in my presentation today. I am in an educational psyc. class and I had to present a lecture and activity on Lawerence Kohlberg's Stage of Moral development. Your little test help me out a lot in demonstrating a few of the stages and also the flaws in the theory.

SO THANKS!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

So I guess you don't mind being cheated on then.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcojocaru
reply to post by Tearman

So I guess you don't mind being cheated on then.

I must interject, vociferously! So long as everyone is allowed to cheat, all is fair, is it not? I find proprietary rights clamied to another human and the accompanying behaviors required to enforce said exclusive access to be tantamount to slavery!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
1 - A is number one because he seemed like he was the only one doing anything to increase their chance of escaping the Island, he also seems to be the leader of the group.
2/3 - I cannot decide who if i like D more than C, I admired C's willingness to do anything to get to her lover, even if it meant to cheat on him, she did it only to be with him, and it appears that this would be the only circumstance in which she would do anything like that. and I admire how D doesnt seem like a weak minded push over, he saw that she was cheating on him, he didnt whine about it, he just said you cheated on me so go away, not hurt not anything.. just going about his day.
4 - the reason E is fourth is because he only showed up at the end of the story, he did do a nice thing by taking care of C but thats not really enough for me to make a decision about him, so hes about neutral with me
5 - B is just a pig, he uses his skills to take advantage of a poor girl who only wants to be with her lover. I understand he wanted to "get with her" because, well to put it this way she is the only female present, but thats no reason to lose your ethics

please message me my results, im very curious about this and i hate going back to the treads

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

E: selflessness
D: integrity
A: hope
C: desperation
B: narcissistic (self serving)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
ok here goes my answers

E is first because he got down to business and called on his survival skills and gathered food and made shelter. he also helped C even though she betrayed D

A is second because he got down to business and started trying to fix the radios to get everybody off the islands presumably

D is third mainly because he is just an innocent person and had his heart broken after going through a tragic event

B is forth because even though his character is probably very unlikeable he obviously has raft and craft making abilities which can help the group as a whole. really he made the raft for C after proposing an offer that she accepted.

C is last because she obviously has no skill or desire to help the group at all she is wrapped up in her selfish desires to even help anybody else and offers no assistance whatsoever. Also after hearing B's counter proposal she gladly accepts it for him to build her a raft even though she knows that she would be cheating on D. no matter the reason she did it, cheating is cheating. She probably had the idea that what D doesnt know cant hurt him and probably had no intention of telling D what she had to do to aquire the raft to see him.. Regardless of B's proposal she had the choice to refuse. B did not force her. She could have waited for sombody to build a raft on their own or attempt to build one herself and hope someone offers to help.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join