It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SaturnFX

If I'm "caught up" in anything it is the lack of consistent and/or convincing evidence of visitation.

that I accept. and that also annoys me...the possibility and likelyhood, and the issue of no proof.

Maybe it's you who are getting caught up... in speculation about what an "advanced" civilization might be cabable of (light years in 4 months?) and what their motivations may be.

Actually, I said:

You got shiny ships that can go faster than light (choose your tech...grav wells, quantum teleportation, whatever the new cool science may be that gets us around)...you detect some life on a blue ball...say 4 months travel via ship

Light speed and 4 months time would bring you absolutely nowhere...hense why I stated faster than...how much faster you can leave open to your imagination...perhaps a billion times faster than light, that was not the point of it overall, however since your slowly edging into pedantic arguments, I will gladly counter and toast your ass until you run crying...if I am in speculation mode over a philosophy, I can be quite open, but also word very carefully...what you did is either willfully or unintentionally misrepresenting the wordings..

luckily this is not a open conversation verses a researchable and quoteable forum...

now...we can continue to split hairs, in which case you will most certainly lose considering you may have mistakenly labelled me as someone without an advanced degree...or we can stick to the subject.

the subject is speculation...and the question remains open and unanswered beyond a quick lie about what I said and a removal of context based on that...if you do not wish to speculate, I can understand that and will drop it overall...

Since it is a pain to look backwards, let me paste the question here:

you admit you find it highly likely advanced civs may be out there somewhere...lets turn the table...make you commander of earth. You got shiny ships that can go faster than light (choose your tech...grav wells, quantum teleportation, whatever the new cool science may be that gets us around)...you detect some life on a blue ball...say 4 months travel via ship.

your saying the most logical outcome would be to...ignore it forever? not even send a few satellites around the area to keep track, or get some samples of the lifeforms?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Come Clean

Great post! Did the flight go down or have trouble? this is the first I heard of it, but good for you and the intuitive Senator.

"Comair Flight 191, marketed as Delta Connection Flight 5191, was a scheduled United States (US) domestic passenger flight from Lexington, Kentucky, to Atlanta, Georgia, operated on behalf of Delta Connection by Comair. On the morning of August 27, 2006, the Bombardier Canadair Regional Jet 100ER that was being used for the flight crashed while attempting to take off from Blue Grass Airport in Fayette County, Kentucky, four miles (6 kilometers) west of the central business district of the City of Lexington.

The aircraft was assigned the airport's Runway 22 for the takeoff, but used Runway 26 instead. Runway 26 was too short for a safe takeoff, causing the aircraft to overrun the end of the runway before it could become airborne. It crashed just past the end of the runway, killing all 47 passengers and two of the three crew. The flight's first officer was the only survivor.[1][2] Although not the pilot in command, according to the cockpit voice recorder transcript, the first officer was the pilot flying at the time of the accident.[3]"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I completely agree, the UN would be the last place a civilized society from any where would want to connect.

I never felt right about the Governments being in on the secret either as they also are responsible for the worldwide tragedies happening constantly.

If they were to connect it would be with certain individuals and some of those would probably live deep in the jungles or high on a mountain tops for the most part. Thats not to say the only ones, and fyi I am only talking about the ETS who would be able to step in and assist humanity one day into a new world of communication with many species.

There are those who have been sighted to have meetings with the ETs but they keep that info private so that means it does not have to do with humanity at this time other than the message to continue to awaken, to break with the past and look inside for the answers, to truly liberate onesself, but then all enlightened masters through out time have said the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
and what their motivations may be.

Forgot to address this one point

Although you may believe I am trying to anthropomorphise what aliens may think, this is not the case
any and all lifeforms have one common thread...to expand. This is true for humans, lions, and amoebas. Assuming they are a life form, then the only possible thought you can have for certainty is that they survived because they had this core motivation in them...to expand.

we can of course debate infinately on what expansion may look like...but thats not the point either...the motivation...at least the core motivation is perhaps the easiest to understand.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If TPTB can manufacture this hoax,they can determine who the representatives of such a hoax would be!

This is so scripted,in my opinion!

Just like Bill Cooper talked about,"The Age of Deception"!

(That's not to say I don't think there are some supernatural elements to all this,but that would fit in with the dark forces I believe are calling alot of the shots here on earth right now.)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

now...we can continue to split hairs, in which case you will most certainly lose considering you may have mistakenly labelled me as someone without an advanced degree...or we can stick to the subject.

Settle down.

Lose what? You asked my opinion, my "belief". I gave it to you and you claimed it was illogical.

I have not "labeled" you in any manner. I don't care what degree you may or may not have. I have not lied about anything you said. I pointed out that you were speculating about the capabilities and motivations of extraterrestrials by comparing them to earthlings' motivations and hypothetical capabilities. Speculation is fine. Speculation is wonderful. Nothing wrong with speculation.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hum! I'm glad people are waking up, but be ware which route your going with this, and be ware how you receive these Evil Celestial Anunnaki.

Ive been warning you for a long time for your own good and all I get is curse words and hate, most of your people questions have been answered on my post, all you have to do is ignore the ignorance of blaspheming people.

The end of time is near, REPENT!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Your right...I love a good speculation debate, but its not the point of this thread overall...thanks for playing anyhow.

Point was already made though like in your first answer (just got caught up in my own hair splitting)

The uber-skeptic of the site entertains such thoughts as quite possible,but simply wants proof before thoughts become a belief...that is a reasonable request and all believers should respect that as the best attitude to have in this whole field anyhow..else every snake oil salesman would be selling books and crystals from here to timbuktu

So, to the "believers", what is the overall issue with Phage pulling the curtain back and revealing the little man pretending to be Oz anyhow? its that type of action that helps the field streamline what is and isn't currently evidence...if it can weather the skepticism and counters of others, then you really may have something.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIONICLE ALEX
all I get is curse words and hate,

That is -all- you get? never have you gotten a single post without either a curse or hate in it?

surely not...because if you did, then that statement is a lie.

You really shouldn't be spreading lies in the eyes of God....

REPENT!!!

(it feels soo good when I get to tell a fundy to repent)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A "first" contact is coming and we can see the signs: vatican, UN, (non-US) UFO files disclosure...

The real question to ask ourselves is, will it be a real one or a faked one, and who will that benefit. Unfortunately, I do not have those answers.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gagol
The real question to ask ourselves is, will it be a real one or a faked one, and who will that benefit. Unfortunately, I do not have those answers.

Lets say for a moment it happens...who cares if its real or fake...once it happens, a earnest push to get out into space will be underway...finally...

companies will start investing in space crafts, new technologies invented to try to enhance our travelling, etc...it will be considered almost necessary...

and maybe that is the point behind the whole deal...to get a new project going and stimulate the world economy once again..get the plebs working on another pyramid.

link   
I agree

First contact is imminent, but when will it occur?

Do you think government will unveil all of the other secrets concerning E.T and A.T.?

That would be the day...

and ridiculous technological advancement as well

link   

Here's my issue. Where is his evidence they never visited us? His point is based on the same belief as the believers. His gut, logic, or whatever tells him they never did. My gut, logic or whatever tells me they did. I've offered, at the very least, reasonable documentation they did visit us.

Where is his reasonable documentation, other than his disbelief, that they never visited us?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

it feels soo good when I get to tell a fundy to repent)

It does? How does it feel? Please can you describe the sensation to me? Is it akin to a cool breeze blowing

on your neked backside? You see where I'm going with this right?

Man the Alienators on this site really get uptight if anything is said that sounds doubtful about their lil religion.
You people blindly believe something that could be every bit of the strong delusion that a two thousand year old
text warns us about. I Would never have some praying mantice looking blackeyed lil kid napper as my God.
I mean just look at 'em. Ugly little.................... the lies people will believe have got to be never ending.

edit on 26-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Here's my issue. Where is his evidence they never visited us? His point is based on the same belief as the believers. His gut, logic, or whatever tells him they never did. My gut, logic or whatever tells me they did. I've offered, at the very least, reasonable documentation they did visit us.

Where is his reasonable documentation, other than his disbelief, that they never visited us?

But if you read it again, he never said catagorically they have never come, only that he finds it unlikely due to the evidence.
I disagree with his logic of his speculation overall, but agree that there is lacking proof..from there, you can go in any direction.
you don't need to produce evidence for a belief either way...only when you want to say your belief is fact.

I look at the evidence and believe indeed my speculation is the correct one, he is a bit more hard coded for proof before allowing belief to slip in.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

it feels soo good when I get to tell a fundy to repent)

It does? How does it feel? Please can you describe the sensation to me? Is it akin to a cool breeze blowing

on your neked backside? You see where I'm going with this right?

more like...a feeling of self rightousness...for a brief moment, you can totally feel superior to mear mortals...total messiah complex....muahahahahaa

and not really seeing where your going with that

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

I want to believe it... but I'm pretty sure the daily telegraph is a tabloid...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Daily Telegraph, as spoken of earlier, is amongst a more-revered selection of un-biased and logic-pursuing think tanks outside of america. (not saying we have un-biased think tanks, because we dont.. or at least their activity is seldom)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by gagol

Lets say for a moment it happens...who cares if its real or fake...once it happens, a earnest push to get out into space will be underway...finally...

companies will start investing in space crafts, new technologies invented to try to enhance our travelling, etc...it will be considered almost necessary...

and maybe that is the point behind the whole deal...to get a new project going and stimulate the world economy once again..get the plebs working on another pyramid.

We already invest millions of "black" clearance dollars into reverse-engineering A.T (alien technology), and all the R&D that comes along with it. And we have been for decades now. Its nothing new, at least not to TPTB

But I agree, whether it be fake or not, its a very necessary enlightenment to earth's ignorant civilizations.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Whatnextlol because: addition

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatnextlol

And yet, it somehow turns this:

During a talk Othman gave recently to fellow scientists, she said: “The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.

"When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination.”

Into this:

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth's first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.

I don't see much connection between the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join