It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I find the argument of "they are advanced intelligence...we are primates...they wont come here because we are of no interest to them" to be incredibly narrow minded.

Consider for just a moment we are space travellers, we come across a planet that have dinosaurs...

Do we say...meh, thats not interesting because we are far more evolved...or do we become absolutely fascinated at the planet? lets say the dinos have even evolved to primitive society...seeing a velocoraptor community, wearing funny hats, building rapter cities, etc...it would be incredibly mesmerizing to watch this community grow...

concerning would be their roots...this civilization is growing up, now shooting satellites and other rapter astronauts into their orbits...soon (ish) they will figure out how to get past their solar system...then what?

Time to see if they are savages or not that will make war the moment they are out of the womb of their star...

Ya, if there are intelligent beings in the galaxy and have taken notice of us, it would be silly to think they are not interested...the logical conclusion is that they would be highly interested in us.

so...following a reasonable understanding of the philosophy, it goes like this...
1) it is almost certain that in the galaxy, there are advanced interstellar civilizations
2) it is almost certain that interstellar civilizations map out the stars and indeed are aware of us
3) it is almost certain that due to being aware of us, we are being monitered,

We are simply lacking any concrete proof of this in the public sector...so, that makes the move (such as assigning an ambassador) more controversial than it should be...really, this move should have happened 50 years ago, when we were truely pondering the cosmos...but it takes awhile for logic to be accepted into mainstream society...
I am glad we are finally getting on the ball as a planet.

edit on 26-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: ET made me

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by rajaten
Wheres maybemaybenot and the rest of the debunkers. I wish I could see their faces now. LOL
I told you so! Disclosure IS coming! ETs ARE real.

Slow your roll, don't get over excited, you're acting as if this is proof that aliens have been here.

This is not proof that aliens have visited, it's not time for 'blind' believers to be shouting ''told you so'' quite yet. I want to believe they've visited but will not until there's proof, proof might materialise one day but this is not it.

Hah. There IS evidence, you just haven't looked hard enough.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
lets just hope the initial meeting does not go along these lines

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

For those requesting more sources, google is your friend:
www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&ei=vYifTP_jJIPKnAfAyZSsDQ&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title &resnum=1&ved=0CCAQqAIwAA

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well done Phage, you have looked at the evidence, and concluded that the OP has distorted the actual message.

But, on the other hand. What a waste of resources. Something just doesnt add up.

However, for now you have solved this, yet again.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens

It could be something as simple as the UN expanding their control domain. This body is after all the heir-apparent to what is now national governance. The forthcoming global unification will be administered from these offices.

On the other hand, it could also be a necessary step before disclosure & contact. But with all things being unequal I will lean to the former until the latter manifests itself... at last a little more clearly.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Slow your roll, don't get over excited, you're acting as if this is proof that aliens have been here.

This is not proof that aliens have visited, it's not time for 'blind' believers to be shouting ''told you so'' quite yet. I want to believe they've visited but will not until there's proof, proof might materialise one day but this is not it.

Sure thing, when I personally discover how to shoot down an UFO, and only in your presence,for you will NOT believe in the media or otherwise except what your pathetic 5 senses tell you, and you will have your so called 'proof'. That is, if you are not in shock or come out with further lame debunking excuses.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatnextlol

Wheres maybemaybenot and the rest of the debunkers. I wish I could see their faces now. LOL

Evidence does not constitute proof though,
There is some evidence that makes the whole study of interest, but all the evidence presented still does not constitute proof. like a courtroom where they continously submit evidence to build a case and prove something...

he was saying there is no proof...and there isn't...there is evidence though...else we would simply be discussing tinkerbell or santa.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatnextlol

There's a big difference between evidence and proof.

Also, I do look, I've looked for years. I've looked into hundreds of UFO/abductee cases e.c.t and after all these years do you know what it's done to me? What it's done is made me a sceptic, a fairly open minded one but still a sceptic. Still, the wonders of the universe ignite my imagination and I still hope.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham
reply to post by Phage

However, for now you have solved this, yet again.

No, not at all. Nothing has been "solved" in any way on this particular subject.

edit on 26-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know this will go against your scientific mindset but sometimes one must read between the lines to understand what's being said.

These people have professional writers. They place and phrase their words very methodically so it doesn't QUITE have one particular essence rather it's flavored with suggestion.

'Waiting to pick up a radio signal' (when there's another snippet talking about an alternative universe) is 'safe' talk.
I think they know that waiting for radio signals is like waiting for a smoke signal.

I have to assume the science community realizes some alien races don't even reside in this dimension.
So having said that, these people (UN, NASA, the military, the government or whomever) write things very very carefully so they can keep riding that proverbial fence without commitment!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
incidently, Hawkings is a idiot in this subject

But Professor Stephen Hawking has warned that alien interlopers should be treated with caution.

He said: “I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. The outcome for us would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.”

Yes, aliens have come to take our resources...that makes sense...nevermind the near infinate amounts of...everything ready for the taking out there...they have come specifically for our happy meals.

for a genius, the guy has some really dumb ideas. meh, product of too many sci-fi movies.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The only thing written was by a reporter.

Funny how the "MSM" is disregarded as unreliable when what they say doesn't fit what people want to hear and when it does fit (or can be made to fit) it is reliable.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's another thought about the last few years. Why are these mega rich folks giving away their money all of a sudden? Have they had a change of heart? Now this is just my own little theory. They are afraid! They don't want to look like evil people when disclosure comes around.

It's like a person asking for forgiveness on their death bed. Who are they asking for forgiveness from? From poor people? Each other? These guys are afraid of something or someone. And now they are running scared.

Billionaires to give away fortune

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Let me rephrase that..

Hah. There IS proof, you just haven't looked hard enough, nor talked to the right people.

There's proof that remains to be over 2000 years old, and there's proof in government documents today. Not only from resources that have such an expenditure as to be R&D'ing on Alien Technology, but humans personally have made contact with E.T. Majority of our superior advanced technology has origins that lie in reverse-engineering A.T.

Read my previous post on this matter, I believe it is on Pg. 6 of this this topic.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is a link to the website for the UN Office of Outer Space Affairs. There have been some interesting new developments over the past few years:

I would say think and read between the lines.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
holi moldy doily ha haha ha what now? thanks dude flags and stars yow.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
for a genius, the guy has some really dumb ideas. meh, product of too many sci-fi movies.

That's just rhetoric from a philistine. Professor Stephen Hawking is, arguably, one of the most brightest minds on this planet - and he is correct. We cannot assume all intelligent life will be benevolent to us mere humans. For all we know, there could be galactic wars occurring in deep space.

If Earth is being visited by an intelligent race, it is likely this civilization has colonised planets in its respected solar system or even across their galaxy. We won't understand the mentality of the colonialists, nor should we assume it too.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by SaturnFX

That's just rhetoric from a philistine. Professor Stephen Hawking is, arguably, one of the most brightest minds on this planet - and he is correct. We cannot assume all intelligent life will be benevolent to us mere humans. For all we know, there could be galactic wars occurring in deep space.

If Earth is being visited by an intelligent race, it is likely this civilization has colonised planets in its respected solar system or even across their galaxy. We won't understand the mentality of the colonialists, nor should we assume it too.

If it is true that we are being visited by 50-100 alien civilizations--or more as some witnesses state--then they probably have a wide variety of motives. Some of them even look like us, and are probably "related" to us, although that could be good or bad. Maybe they were here in the past and colonized earth or maybe we sent colonists out there.

Some of them just seem to come and go, observing and collecting samples while others seem to be around all the time.

They only way we will know more about the intentions of these various groups is if open contact is made, and I think it's long overdue.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien

The only thing written was by a reporter.

Funny how the "MSM" is disregarded as unreliable when what they say doesn't fit what people want to hear and when it does fit (or can be made to fit) it is reliable.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

All the more reason to not hold them to their (not so-many) words!

Listen, bottom line......somethings up. If you want to splice and dice this and roll it into nothing then I think you're being naive.

Way too much 'alien' talk is being spoken about lately and at a steady pace. It's not like a flop or trend or fashionable for the time. This has been constant for the past 2 years now. Hell, Larry King had a UFO special almost monthly last year.
So we've jumped from UFOs to exoplanets to possible life-supporting planets (Mars included) to alien space brothers.

I mean, even the ape had a slower graduation into human-hood than this

They're ramping this 'alien possibility' talk up at warp speed for a reason. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join