It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

The UN has the authority to appoint someone to mediate between Earthlings and extraterrestrials? I highly doub it. The UN doesn't have the power to mediate between to conflicting nations. Everything they do results in utter and complete failure.

Are they wanting to start a war with beings that surely have the technology to wipe us out from existance?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

”…more likely to be microbes than anything else…”

What on Earth is all the fuss about?

Cheers
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 26-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

How the hell do you greet microbes!

Greetings alien microbes...we of earth wish you well, but dont come here, we just cleaned up the kitchen.

that might work.

Anyhow, the big deal is that they are taking the topic seriously...well, to me thats the big deal...not even once did the article mention "little green men"...which I think I may have lost a bet with someone because of that.

link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

I don't know if the UN has the authority but no one seems to have actually said there are any plans to appoint an ambassador to ET.

link   
Colin Powell, Steven Spielberg, Cher, Bill Clinton and Prince Poppycock.

Welcome to the Third Rock from the Sun.

link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

And the third/fourth time of repeating from me too.

If it wasn't for the Daily Telegraph, we wouldn't have known about the UK M.P.'s expenses scandal, Climategate email scandal, The extremely dodgy death of weapons expert (of NO Iraqi WMD notoriety), the list goes on and on.
It is definitely not a gutter, tabloid rag.

Their Journalists, many of them freelance, are top notch and their editorials are always cutting edge and worth reading.

This one for example, published today, entitled:

'Global Cooling and the New World Order ' by James Delingpole.

This is somewhat of an expose' continuing on in the same vein as 'Climategate', only this time the news is that it's not Global warming we need to worry about, but rather Global Cooling! (a la 'The Day After Tomorrow')
James speculates whether Global warming is a sinister con job perpetrated on the world by the power and money elite whom discussed this as a topic at the 'Bilderbergers' latest meeting in June this year.

Here's an interesting quote;

At its June meeting in Sitges, Spain (unreported and held in camera, as is Bilderberg’s way), some of the world’s most powerful CEOs rubbed shoulders with notable academics and leading politicians.
They included: the chairman of Fiat, the Irish Attorney General Paul Gallagher, the US special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke, Henry Kissinger, Bill Gates, Dick Perle, the Queen of the Netherlands, the editor of the Economist…. Definitely not Z-list, in other words.

Which is what makes one particular item on the group’s discussion agenda so tremendously significant. See if you can spot the one I mean:

The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 – 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations.

Yep, that’s right. Global Cooling. (my emphasis) Which means one of two things. Either it was a printing error. Or the global elite is perfectly well aware that global cooling represents a far more serious and imminent threat to the world than global warming, but is so far unwilling to admit it except behind closed doors. Let me explain briefly why this is a bombshell waiting to explode....

The full story can be read here; blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

This story has many links to other recent and very similar stories, here are a couple;

'We have lost the climate war!' admits Monbiot, surrendering his ceremonial Luger
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

'Climate Change': even Porritt knows the game's up
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

And this one, about Dr. David Kelly;
'Independent experts to examine secret David Kelly files'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

And of course, the story that is OT for this thread;
UN 'to appoint space ambassador to greet alien visitors'
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here's a quote from the story (by Heidi Blake) that i found a little curious..

“The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day human kind will received signals from extraterrestrials".

“When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination.”

Did anyone notice it?

When talking about receiving communications from ET's, she didn't say "IF we do.." she said "WHEN we do"

She seems pretty sure there IS going to be some kind of communication...

IF i read a newspaper with any regularity, it would be The Daily Telegraph.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not sure what you guys consider "a more reliable source", but all you have to do is google her name, "Mazlan Othman" and every return tells you that she was appointed by the United Nations to be the space ambassador for extraterrestrial contact affairs. So if the link posted is not "reliable" enough, take your pick. Also, she will be giving a speech on her newly appointed position at a conference in Buckinghamshire next week.

link   
I just posted to this thread but could not find my post so I did a search. There are TWO threads on here with the SAME title. Come on people do a search before posting an new thread. The same story and subject is bad enough but the same title now that is too much.

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

SaturnFX.....

Greetings alien microbes...we of earth wish you well, but dont come here, we just cleaned up the kitchen.

OMG!!!!!

I just cleaned up the kitchen!

I might have murdered millions of 'em!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Whatnextlol

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Come Clean
Thousands of people have said it did. Ancient text has said it did. Ancient paintings have said it did. Governments can't explain some sightings and events.

I can't prove Never Ever Land exist anymore than you can prove it doesn't. But if some ancient text said it does then that has weight to me.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

Children across the world has said the tooth fairy came...some even said they seen her...

There was also no ancient text/codex pertaining to the Tooth Fairy lol

There are untold volumes of fairys in "the old world"
Will you believe me on this (or simply google it yourself), or do I have to be bothered with all that nonsense.

So, many many mythos in our history about the fae, and now suddenly children the world over are having their teeth collected by an agreed upon fairy (or host of them)...does that mean that considering ancient writings of them, and modern day discussions about them, means they are probably real?

see the issue here? now if you do not believe in fairies, you must prove they dont exist (using your logic)...good luck monitering every mushroom patch on earth (I hear thats where they dance under at night during full moons).

Yes there have been told stories and legends of the Fae, I never contradicted the theory of supposed fairies, nor did I lay in concurrence with the theory. I simply stated there are no ancient text/codex pertaining to it.

If you wish to get technical, the theory of the Fae is exactly that in which you stated, a Myth. Yet to be busted... Or at least to the public.

Prove me wrong, I'd like to believe in fairies beyond myth lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That doesn't explain it SaturnFX. His point is simple. He hasn't seen the evidence so it's highly unlikely. However, thousands of folks around the world have scene the evidence with their own eyes. Why does he discount their eyewitness testimony? Why does he discount ancient text and paintings?

Has he EVER seen a black hole with his own eyes? Has anyone ever seen a black hole with their own eyes? So using HIS very own logic, I can state without a doubt it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY they exist. Why, because I've never seen one. I'm sure he'll say we can see it with infared blah blah and whatnots. Why is the eyewitness testimony of machines any more reliable than the eyewitness testimony of humans? Did not humans make machines? Can machines get it wrong also? So until I see a black hole with my own eyes then I think it's highly unlikely they exist.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There are at least 60 news stories about this already, including the major UK dailies and the wire services.

According to UPI, Dr. Othman's job is to ensure that there is a "ccordinated response" from earth if any communications are made with aliens in the future. It sounds like that's exactly what she has been working on for the last five years.

She is going to discuss her plans in more detail at a meeting of the Royal Society in the UK next week. Stay tuned....

edit on 26-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

She says "the hope that some day human kind will receive signals from extraterrestrials".

I hope I win the lottery. When I do I will buy a big boat.

She spoke of a received signal, no mention of two way communication.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Intelearthling

I don't know if the UN has the authority but no one seems to have actually said there are any plans to appoint an ambassador to ET.

You'd better check the Internet, Phage. This story is being picked up by newspapers and wire services all over the world. It's real.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Please provide a quote from anyone in the UN, from anyone at all, saying that an ET ambassador is being appointed.

link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not

edit on 26-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Formatting

link   
reply to post by Phage

And data from scientific equipment is interpreted by who Phage? Scientists maybe? Why should I take it on blind faith black holes exist because some scientist said so?

Is it because they have a science degree? Well I hate to break the bad news to you but some scientists concur we have been visited. However, to you they are quacks.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You are free to believe that black holes don't exist. You are free to believe that we are being visited by aliens.

I don't care what you believe. Why do you care what I don't?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
See the link for the protocol.

And, the recent documentary about Ancient Astronaut did explain the protocol too. It's on YouTube, if you wish to view it

Thank you for that. I have already seen that document but it doesn't answer the question I had. It has been mentioned on the thread that the appointment of an "ambassador" of kinds was part of the protocol, which I wanted to confirm as it would be useful to point people towards a specific source when discussing this latest bit of news. That appointment is not actually in the protocol linked. I will discuss it a little further down in this post.

Originally posted by antar
Any short cuts here that have been posted so I can see official UN documents or PDF to this subject or any pertaining to what they have to say about it?

There are two particular documents that might provide a good source for you.

The first document has been linked to previously and I referred to it in the first part of the post.

[Link to PDF] SETI - Declaration of Principles Concerning Activities Following the Detection of Extraterrestrial Intelligence

This document provides an approach for handling a "first contact" type signal. While it does include contacting the UN (paragraph 3) as required under an existing Treaty, it does not mention any "ambassador" role.

The relevant paragraph here is paragraph 3.

3. After concluding that the discovery appears to be credible evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence, and after informing other parties to this declaration, the discoverer should inform observers throughout the world through the Central Bureau for Astronomical Telegrams of the International Astronomical Union, and should inform the Secretary General of the United Nations in accordance with Article XI of the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, Including the Moon and Other Bodies. Because of their demonstrated interest in and expertise concerning the question of the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence, the discoverer should simultaneously inform the following international institutions of the discovery and should provide them with all pertinent data and recorded information concerning the evidence: the International Telecommunication Union, the Committee on Space Research, of the International Council of Scientific Unions, the International Astronautical Federation, the International Academy of Astronautics, the International Institute of Space Law, Commission 51 of the International Astronomical Union and Commission J of the International Radio Science Union.

The second document is the Treaty that was referred to in the SETI Declaration of Principles.

[Link to PDF] Treaty on principles governing the activities of States in the exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies 1967

The relevant part for our discussion here is Article XI, and in particular the last sentence.

On receiving the said information, the Secretary-General of the United Nations should be prepared to disseminate it immediately and effectively.

A "central spokesperson" role could certainly be one way to prepare for immediate and effective dissemination, but it is not explicit and there are many other ways that obligation could be met.

So, while I can see an inference, I see no explicit reason to associate the recent appointment with a preparation for the release of information in accordance with a published protocol or Treaty obligation. That doesn't mean it isn't related to that, simply that I have nothing to hold up as a "smoking gun".

For the record, I happily believe that intelligent life must exist somewhere else in the universe, because to say otherwise seems statistically improbable. I do not have any specific reason to believe we currently are in contact, or will be imminently in contact. On the other hand, I won't be surprised if it turns out we are.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We've already posted multiple links with many quotes.
Its in more reports than those just from the daily telegraph

even australia is doing a report on it, and they hardly do anything, ever, politically

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by witness63

Please provide a quote from anyone in the UN, from anyone at all, saying that an ET ambassador is being appointed.

You really should check the Internet, I'm telling you, this is big stuff. The UPI story said she wants to make the UN Office of Outer Space Affairs the coordinating body for all "alien encounters". It sounds like this has been in the works for years.

This is really big news. I'm not too surprised, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join