It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have read it again and again and again. Not just today but all year long. Here are some of his quotes just in this thread alone.

"I think it is highly unlikely (but not impossible) that Earth has been or is being visited by such life."

"Just because something is not impossible does not mean it has happened or is happening."

"It would be foolish to think it is not within the realm of possibility but that is a far cry from thinking that it therefore must be occurring."

You CLAIMED if I read it again I would read his evidence that backs up his claim it was highly unlikely they visited us. Where is the evidence in those statements they NEVER did. From what I see, its just his gut working.

What post shows his evidence, documentation or video they never visited us? Page and number please.

edit on 26-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You are asking for evidence of something that didn't happen. That is nonsensical.
Please provide proof that there is no such thing as Neverneverland. Can't do it? Aha, then it's real!

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If he has no evidence whatsoever to make the claim HIGHLY UNLIKELY then he's using his gut. His statement is not based on any known science that can be presented here today. Unless he can take a video of his gut in action.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Rajaten.....

Wheres maybemaybenot

G'day you little Greer groupie you! 'ow are ya?

and the rest

Who's "the rest"?

of the debunkers.

Oh.....that again

Hey.....what's a debunker?

I wish I could see their faces now.

Here I am!

LOL

I'm happy too!!!

I told you so!

Yes.....you often do that, regardless of the facts!

Disclosure IS coming!

We don't know if "Disclosure IS coming"/

ETs ARE real.

Maybe...maybe not

I smell VICTORY!

"I smell".....coffee!!!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
New intel comes about, new reports are drawn in. Things change.

It's the flow of technology. Maybe breaking news fell into their reporters laps, forcing them to update.

They're stating IF we have alien contact, we will be prepared, then stating they are appointing someone as the earth's "contactee"

Sounds like its just part of the preparation, IMO (in my opinion)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatnextlol

Please provide a quote from someone involved saying there is a "contactee" appointment.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You are asking for evidence of something that didn't happen. That is nonsensical.
Please provide proof that there is no such thing as Neverneverland. Can't do it? Aha, then it's real!

You just proved my point though Phage. How do you know it didn't happen?

Thousands of people have said it did. Ancient text has said it did. Ancient paintings have said it did. Governments can't explain some sightings and events.

I can't prove Never Ever Land exist anymore than you can prove it doesn't. But if some ancient text said it does then that has weight to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
You CLAIMED if I read it again I would read his evidence that backs up his claim it was highly unlikely they visited us. Where is the evidence in those statements they NEVER did. From what I see, its just his gut working.

Actually, I said read it again and he is not claiming its impossible, that he just see's no evideince

reply to post by SaturnFX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm "caught up" in anything it is the lack of consistent and/or convincing evidence of visitation.

his perspective comes from a lack of evidence to the contrary..

you cannot prove a negative...aka, I cannot prove there are no unicorns...can you? should I then say that if you say you don't believe in unicorns, you must produce proof of no unicorns in order to be justified in your belief?

This is the big issue with "believers"...and it puts them in the very same boat as the most rabid fundamentalist religious person...you demand that since something cannot be disproven, then it should be seen as true.

I want you to give me personally one good reason why I should believe in the tooth fairy. I will admit, I cannot disprove the tooth fairy beyond a myth and hyper speculation.

now, I find the evidence (not proof, just evidence) of ETs to be decent enough to entertain the subject...also, the logic of ETs makes sense...so I find believing in such things to be far less delusional than say...believing in tooth fairies...this does not mean that tooth fairies do not exist or that aliens do..and if that is the case and its proven so, then I can amend my belief accordingly.

not sure if you understand where I am getting at here....just saying...a person does not have to ever justify not believing in something that has no smoking gun proof...it is up to the believers to work on collecting the evidence and finally getting the proof...be it for aliens, bigfoot, elves, fairies, etc.

now, as far as a nice speculative discussion about likelyhood...ya, then gloves are off and then just using some logic can be your greatest ally there and you can start making the case on how absense of evidence does not mean evidence of absense...however, that only works in the speculation arena.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Earth's contactee = person to represent earth in the situation of alien contact

Need I really rephrase that?

Check out this link if you wish to begin further research this matter, as I have
www.news.com.au...

cool video in there as well

edit on 26-9-2010 by Whatnextlol because: video add

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
''She is scheduled to tell delegates that the recent discovery of hundreds of planets around other stars has made the detection of extraterrestrial life more likely than ever before - and that means the UN must be ready to coordinate humanity’s response to any “first contact”.''

given all the other weird stuff going on and suddenly all those TV shows with exactly the same topic one must really wonder how long its going to take for whatever truth to come out....i personally hope its gonna be soon

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

those who laughed long and hard at my last thread should think long and hard about this story.

I think you need to stop thinking about long and hard things. I wonder what auld Siggy F would say.

edit on 26-9-2010 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nobody knows this guy... if you appoint someone else ...

PLEASE DON'T APPOINT A WAR CRIMINAL FOR ONCE.

No Blair, no Bush, no Al Gore... DON'T APPOINT A SCUMBAG CRIMINAL... PLEASE FOR ONCE.

And really, would the aliens really care about the guy you appointed? They gonna talk to whoever they want.

edit on 25-9-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Ha! Since when was Al Gore a war criminal?!

I love you people who have this faux passion.

edit on 26-9-2010 by triplesod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thousands of people think Elvis was abducted by aliens. Does that make it true?

"Ancient texts" talk about gods. The sky (and underground) is a very logical place for gods to reside since they can't be seen on Earth very often. Where else could they be?

Ancient paintings are interpreted by some people as depicting extraterrestrials.

Ancient texts say the Sun is pulled through the sky by a chariot. Does that carry weight with you? Ancient texts say the Sun circles the Earth. Does that carry weight with you?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ladies PLEASE...we will never be able to acheive FTL drives if we continue to bicker in such a manner.
Lets quit the jibes,and concentrate upon the MASSIVE subject at hand-The UN will appoint an alien amabassador no less.
This is huge IMO.
Is it the continuation of the Von Braun theory,or have the world leaders found out that there are others bigger than they?

What a fascinating time to exist.

We are lucky folks indeed IMO.

edit on 26/9/2010 by Silcone Synapse because: KB error

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This kind of preparation for something that may or may not be forthcoming is not necessarily a new phenomena.

In 1976, a French town built a "landing pad" for UFOs.

source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Other countries and organizations have undertaken similar projects.

Is this just a more modern way of making Nazca Lines or something?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thousands of people have said it did. Ancient text has said it did. Ancient paintings have said it did. Governments can't explain some sightings and events.

I can't prove Never Ever Land exist anymore than you can prove it doesn't. But if some ancient text said it does then that has weight to me.

Children across the world has said the tooth fairy came...some even said they seen her...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here is a biography of Dr. Othman. She has been involved in setting up an inter-Space Agency coordinating committee on the international level over the last five years, which she describes as "very important", and is now returning to work at the UN.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ancient texts say the Sun is pulled through the sky by a chariot. Does that carry weight with you? Ancient texts say the Sun circles the Earth. Does that carry weight with you?

I would have guessed a tow truck myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Children across the world has said the tooth fairy came...some even said they seen her...

There was also no ancient text/codex pertaining to the Tooth Fairy lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatnextlol

Originally posted by SaturnFX

There was also no ancient text/codex pertaining to the Tooth Fairy lol

There are untold volumes of fairys in "the old world"
Will you believe me on this (or simply google it yourself), or do I have to be bothered with all that nonsense.

So, many many mythos in our history about the fae, and now suddenly children the world over are having their teeth collected by an agreed upon fairy (or host of them)...does that mean that considering ancient writings of them, and modern day discussions about them, means they are probably real?

see the issue here? now if you do not believe in fairies, you must prove they dont exist (using your logic)...good luck monitering every mushroom patch on earth (I hear thats where they dance under at night during full moons).

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Post removed by Maybe...maybe not

edit on 26-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join