It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I agree we should not take for granted any intentions a alien race may have overall...as a general principle...

but I think the only logical and reasonable conclusion would be to view them as neutral or "good".

Given my general layout of probabilities (galaxy has aliens, aliens map things, aliens know of us), chances are more than likely that if we had anything worthwhile to offer, they would have taken it long ago before we had guns and nukes and other such things that could actually threaten them.

His theory comes only if he truely believes that no matter how old a civilization gets, they will never ever figure out how to get from point A to point B beyond sublight speeds...ever..simply wont happen. That to me is the pinicle of ignorance, especially when we have theories based in emerging sciences that allow for the bending of the rules in regards to FTL travel.

it becomes increasingly unlikely that, given all the percieved attributes of a truely advanced society, such civilizations would be of negative influence...again, either neutral or positive overall seems like the only reasonable conclusion in speculating about ETs

I like Hawkins, but I think he is being short sighted in this area...may not be wrong, but then again, scientology may not be wrong either...doesn't mean you should go on record stating they may be right without suggesting it would be highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No, It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

It takes someone with an overactive imagination.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
here is a better source than the OP, in my opinion.

Diclosure is getting to be a much more "real" possibility every day. Exciting stuff!!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Phage

The only thing written was by a reporter.

Funny how the "MSM" is disregarded as unreliable when what they say doesn't fit what people want to hear and when it does fit (or can be made to fit) it is reliable.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

All the more reason to not hold them to their (not so-many) words!

Listen, bottom line......somethings up. If you want to splice and dice this and roll it into nothing then I think you're being naive.

Way too much 'alien' talk is being spoken about lately and at a steady pace. It's not like a flop or trend or fashionable for the time. This has been constant for the past 2 years now. Hell, Larry King had a UFO special almost monthly last year.
So we've jumped from UFOs to exoplanets to possible life-supporting planets (Mars included) to alien space brothers.

I mean, even the ape had a slower graduation into human-hood than this

They're ramping this 'alien possibility' talk up at warp speed for a reason. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

hell yeah man your right. uhrrrr right on the head bro.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ok Phage...lets get some things on the table here for clarification so others can see what they are dealing with
I do this because soo many find you a figure to love or hate..and I hate black/white things overall...so if you would be so kind as to answer the following

1) do you believe in the possibility of advanced life elswhere in the galaxy? (if no, then why? if yes then proceed to 2)

2) do you entertain the notion that such advanced civilizations have and do visit earth...not that you believe they are here, but it is possible?

3) if yes to 2, then why don't you believe aliens are indeed doing this? If your mind is open to the possibility, then why not simply take it as a understanding?

incidently, This is not trying to troll you..I suspect I know your answers, but perhaps this will allow for the "believers" to understand your point of view and open up to what your saying.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Don't have time, at the moment, to read all this... but in case it hasn't been posted, here's a link the the UNOOSA page.

www.oosa.unvienna.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjguitarist
here is a better source than the OP, in my opinion.

Diclosure is getting to be a much more "real" possibility every day. Exciting stuff!!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

flag on the field

"unnecessary use of the word Disclosure, 10 yard penalty, 2nd down"

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

...reports this event will be the initial interaction in a process leading to mankind’s acceptance of the alien reality and technologies for the removal of poisonous gases from the earth’s atmosphere in 2015,...

...warns mankind will survive all of these future challenges, except the CO2 pollution of our atmosphere..

sbeckow.wordpress.com...

sbeckow.wordpress.com...

Sure seems to echo these sentiments,doesn't it? (About man being the enemy..I mean,we do exhale alot of CO2!)

"The Global Warming Hoax In The Words of The Club of Rome"
real-world-news.org...

..."The common enemy of humanity is man. In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself." -- Alexander King (26 Jan 1909 - 28 Feb 2007), co-founder with Aurelio Peccei (July 4, 1908 - March 14, 1984) of the Club of Rome (premier environmental think-tank and consultants to the United Nations), from his 1991 book The First Global Revolution

..."We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis ..." -- David Rockefeller, Club of Rome executive member

..."... the resultant ideal sustainable population is hence more than 500 million but less than one billion." -- Club of Rome member Erwin Laszlo , Goals for Mankind, 1977

Reagan:

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world."
Speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Forty-second session, "Provisional Verbatim Record of the Fourth Meeting", September 21, 1987.)

"http://www.bibleufo.com/quotepres.htm

"Is Project Bluebeam the Grand Deception?"
hubpages.com...

...Basically, Project Bluebeam is designed to usher in the New World Order with a one world government, a one world army, a one world religion, a cashless society and micro-chipped populations controlled by a central computer. The elite of the world would not be subject to this fascist control system but would run it and enjoy its spoils.
...In order to accomplish this, and like with other massive operations to instil public fear such as the so-called war on terror and the weapons of mass destruction, as well as 9/11, something must be created to terrify the people and the media is then used as the perfect tool to brodcast the official version to them. This is using the "Problem-Reaction-Solution" formula. Create the fake alien invasion, wait for the public to be scared and then offer the answer - a one world government and army.
...In the case of Project Bluebeam there are more than one theorised plan that may be put into operation. One of these is to stage an elaborate worldwide faked alien invasion with UFOs that will be seen in the sky. These will either be made on this planet secret technology-driven craft operated by the black budget and military and/or advanced holographic imagery.
...When the media has announced in mainstream news that the planet is being attacked by hostile aliens the solution will be martial law declared and the introduction of a one world government and army to fight this threat to humanity. The idea was actually once voiced by the late President Reagan when he spoke about a cause needed to unite the world and suggested that that threat might come from outer space.Did Reagan know all about Bluebeam?

"However, he thinks humanity’s first encounter with any intelligent aliens is more likely to be via radio or light signals from a distant planet than by beings arriving on Earth"...(From original story)...

HAARP

..Another part of Project Bluebeam is to again use holographic and HAARP technologies to create religious prophecied scenarios taking place. Biblical "signs and wonders" will be made artificially, and also the religious deities Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna and Buddha to be created as images that people will be able to perceive as real.The purpose of this would be to establish the one world religion that the Illuminati are seeking to cause.
...I quote from the website educate-yourself.org...: "With computer animation and sounds appearing to emanate from the very depths of space, astonished ardent followers of the various creeds will witness their own returned messiahs in convincing lifelike reality.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."
(Matthew 24:24)

"THE SPIRIT BEHIND UFO'S IS NOW PROVEN TO BE DEMONIC!"
www.cuttingedge.org...

...Everything is being done through our children, and has been for over 20 years. Thus, the first generation to be so conditioned are now having children, who are also being conditioned. What is the purpose? ...remember that the #1 objective of the New Age is to successfully stage the appearance of Anti-Christ.
...WHEN THE ANTI-CHRIST STAGES HIS APPEARANCE, HE WILL CLAIM TO BE AN ASCENDED MASTER FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION, I.E., AN ALIEN BEING. HE IS JUST AS FRIENDLY AS THOSE ALIENS YOU HAVE BEEN SEEING ON TV AND MOVIES. HE JUST HAS OUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART AND WANTS TO LEAD THE WORLD INTO A NEW, PEACEFUL EXISTENCE.
...New Age leaders believe people will be much more inclined to accept the claims of Anti-Christ if they have been first conditioned to believe in the existence of friendly alien beings.

Surely there are others who see this situation as possible the great deception talked about in the Bible? The alien "message" goes against Biblical truth,for those of you who may be interested. Believe what you want,but I see this as all very sinister,on many levels.

"Vatican looks to heavens for signs of alien life"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"Vatican tied Mount Graham Observatory launches LUCIFER Telescope"
seeker401.wordpress.com...

...LUCIFER’s innovative design allows astronomers to observe in unprecedented detail, for example star forming regions, which are commonly hidden by dust clouds.

Could they detect something like this?...

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
(Luke 10:18)

Revelation 12:9 "The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him."
(Could this resemble an alien invasion of some kind?)

Just my thoughts on the subject. This situation is ramping up awfully fast,and with global-government on the fast-track,it all seems to add up,and with Biblical prophecy also.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I have laid this out many times. *sigh*

1) I think it is highly likely that there is "advanced" life elsewhere in the galaxy.

2) I think it is highly unlikely (but not impossible) that Earth has been or is being visited by such life.

3) I have seen no convincing evidence that such visitation has or is occurring.

Just because something is not impossible does not mean it has happened or is happening. It's not impossible for me to take a trip to Nigeria (a lot more possible than interstellar travel). I haven't done it and I'm not doing it now (nor do I ever expect to).

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
that guy has lost all credibility from my understanding point of view, sorry dud you got your foot stuck in a pyle of &^% you bring this to your self.

lol amazing how the skeptic mind works, lets see here? the Vatican talks about this publicly, and the UN as well, gobs of poof and evidence coming out, and he still says, it's fake! bah ha ha ha ha

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have laid this out many times. *sigh*

1) I think it is highly likely that there is "advanced" life elsewhere in the galaxy.

2) I think it is highly unlikely (but not impossible) that Earth has been or is being visited by such life.

Just because something is not impossible does not mean it has happened or is happening. It's not impossible for me to take a trip to Nigeria (a lot more possible than interstellar travel). I haven't done it and I'm not doing it now (nor do I ever expect to).

Thank you

I find your answer to number 2 to be slightly illogical, but thats your choice.
I also have never been to nigeria, but I can google map it and see it...I can surf the net to see some streaming videos of it...I therefore never went to nigeria, but nigeria is being monitered by equipment that I have access to.

I think it is reasonable to assume that if such advanced civilizations exist (as you said, highly likely), and they were even remotely aware of the earth (lets say they are curious)...don't you think at the very least, they would be monitering us in clandestine ways for a whole host of reasons?

and sorry to annoy you with the questions, but I never came across your thoughts on it.

There may be followups

edit: Nigeria..nigeria...what tha...
oh...caps. stupid filters.

edit on 26-9-2010 by SaturnFX because: racist filters

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatnextlol

I absolutely agree with reverse engineering.

1. The first fixed wheel vehicles were invented in 3500 BC. Drawn by animals or used as hand carts.

2. The first self propelled vehicle was invented in 1769 AD by Nicolas Joseph Cugnot

So we're talking 5200 years of of basic animal and buggy transportation.

Yuri became the first man into space back in 1961. So we went from the first self propelled vehicle to outer space in 200 years or so. Today we have rovers on Mars and probes beyond our own solar system.

Wheeled vehicles to self propelled vehicles is about 5200 years.
Self propelled vehicles to outer space is about 200 years.

Of that 200 years, only the last 50 involved leaving the confines of our own planet.

I find that interesting since Roswell happened in 1947. Also, we know pilots during WWII also reported seeing UFO's. WWII ended in 1945.

In my opinion, they found something then reversed engineered it. The Russians knew about basic rocket technology. Rockets have been around since the Chinese invented them back in antiquity.

But what we have done in the last 60 years is not humanly possible given it took us 5200 years to go from wheels to self propelled vehicles. UNLESS, you had help or technology to begin with.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If things like this do happen, I would always caution people to be alert for false flag operations.

These are often very insidious and difficult to detect, but my opinion has always been that if the aliens really wanted to blast us, they could have done it a long time ago. Whatever is happening is not so simple as Cowboys vs. Indians or the good guys (white hats) riding to the rescue against the bad guys (black hats).

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is interesting.

I think it's very obvious that life exists on other planets. This is why we spent so much money looking for exoplanets and signs of life.

This because there isn't any evidence that life in the universe is reduced to earth.

There isn't any special ingredient or special condition on earth that can never occur on other planets. There's tons of evidence to support the existence of extraterrestrials and or extraterrestrial visitation. This isn't the thread to debate this evidence so I will just say Bravo to the U.N.(for the first time in my life) for recognizing that we may need an international structure to start a dialog with our space brothers and sisters.

I don't think we need Global Government but we do need and International Body that just deals with exploration of space, science and technology. These things will shape our future more than ever before with things like quantum computing, nanotechnology and the eventual first dialogue with a species not from earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by witness63
If things like this do happen, I would always caution people to be alert for false flag operations.

These are often very insidious and difficult to detect, but my opinion has always been that if the aliens really wanted to blast us, they could have done it a long time ago. Whatever is happening is not so simple as Cowboys vs. Indians or the good guys (white hats) riding to the rescue against the bad guys (black hats).

I often wonder...is there any such thing as a non-false flag.
everything...and I mean everything...that has happened unexpectedly has lead to a thread somewhere decrying it as a false flag.

its been used soo much that the term itself is now completely meaningless and without substance...now its call everything a false flag immediately, proof or not, then take your time trying to come up with any possibility as to what could make it a false flag..clearly thats it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No, It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

It takes someone with an overactive imagination.

I assure you my words, feelings or viewpoint do not stem from imagination. I wish that were true. Really.

I am sorry you feel this way. And even more worried that perhaps, our scientific community (to whom most people depend on) share your sentiment.

One must close their eyes and open their mind to see especially when dealing with this phenomenon.

Just BECAUSE we can't prove something to our limited liking, ability or understanding does not make it not exist. That is simplicity at its best.

Aliens (for lack of a better word) exists. We are one of them (from their prospective) too. We're all Universal Beings.
Sorry. But that's the universal truth. It's not a matter of believing anymore. It's down to accepting.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I appoint chuck Norris

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

How can something be highly likely but highly unlikely at the same time? Phage, there is evidence but you don't believe it. That's your right. But don't say there is no evidence. The most compelling evidence is contained in artifacts from our past. The only evidence they don't exist is the simple belief they don't exist. But there is tons of evidence that says they do. So here's a question. What evidence do you have they DON'T exist?

Here's mine that they do...
UFO artifacts and paintings

Why would they paint such things and risk being called heretics or witches? The Catholic Church back them would have their eyes gouged out for painting such nonsense.

Phase, do we or do we not have rovers on Mars? If so, then even we visited other planets. Did we or did we not walk on the Moon. Although not a planet, we did visit another world outside our own.

So if we can do it...why can't they?

edit on 26-9-2010 by Come Clean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
I am sorry you feel this way. And even more worried that perhaps, our scientific community (to whom most people depend on) share your sentiment.

the scientific community is in the business of science...science is based on proof. investigation and research is about evidence, and believers are about feelings...do you honestly want the scientific community to abandon proof and go with feelings?
"drink this nuclear sludge...there is proof it will probably kill you, but we feel that it will make you superman"

its a good thing that the scientific community concerns themselves with only the hard facts...even you have to see this...else we would stop calling them scientists and start calling them shamans

One must close their eyes and open their mind to see especially when dealing with this phenomenon.

that is a recipe for religion. you must stop observing and start just letting your feelings tell you what is true...incidently, your feelings are linked to your desires...desires pushed as fact = religious zealots

Just BECAUSE we can't prove something to our limited liking, ability or understanding does not make it not exist. That is simplicity at its best.

true, but that applies to: Aliens, Fairys, Elves, Goblins, Unicorns, Pixies, Gnomes, Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, Orcs, Mermaids, Andy Dick, Santa, Dragons, etc etc etc...

you cannot prove they don't exist...does that mean we should assume they all exist?

perhaps these things are not aliens at all, but rather vampire elves from space...you cannot prove they aren't.

Critical thinking is important...not cynical denial...yes, be open to different ideas, but to become angry at people whom counter statements of "they are here" with...no, they aren't prove it shows that your the actual one with the closed mind more than anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I see no failure of logic in my second answer. It's consistent; "highly unlikely" does not contradict "not impossible". It would be foolish to think it is not within the realm of possibility but that is a far cry from thinking that it therefore must be occurring. I think there is very (very) little likelihood, and no reason to think, that it is or has occurred.

I don't dispute that Nigeria exists. That has nothing to do with my point

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join