It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens (Exaggeration)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk_cryptid_seeker
so what species does everyone think will contact us officially? the greys, reptilians, or maybe something we've never heard of before?

Probably the so called Nordes or Nordians/Nordics, judging by what have been claimed both 'here and there' in the matter.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

When looked at through the filter of rational thought the glaring reality becomes apparent. Whether or not advanced life and civilization exists beyond Earth is not really the question at all. It's why would we be so arrogant as to assume that they'd take notice of us and expend the resources to come here.

I don't think it's arrogance, but realism. While we can only speculate about the thoughts and motives of aliens, I see no reason why any planet harboring intelligent life would not be of interest to those capable of detecting it. The idea seems far from irrational. If there are beings to whom the vastness of space is no obstacle and who have the technology to easily find burgeoning life wherever it may arise, they may be scoping out thousands or millions of inhabited worlds simultaneously for reasons we might not be able to discern. Earth wouldn't necessarily have to be so special for notice of it to be taken.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokingman2006

UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

THE United Nations was set today to appoint an obscure Malaysian astrophysicist to act as Earth’s first contact for any aliens that may come visiting.

Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa), is to describe her potential new role next week at a scientific conference at the Royal Society’s Kavli conference centre in Buckinghamshire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Contact will be made only if:

1. The quarantine of the Planet is lifted.
a. Lifted due to the majority calling for help and/or asking that contact be made.

edit on 26-9-2010 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Qonscious

There is something strange going on that's for sure. Back when Carter opened his mouth the real folks in the know started shutting the government out.

Think about the last 5 years or so. How many shuttle missions and satellites have we launched into orbit? We have machines working non stop in trying to figure out what's going on. The WISE mission is what concerns me most. They found some 20 brown dwarfs floating around. Then they said it won't be until next year or so before they put out any data. Why is this stuff so secret? If they just put out the raw data then all the amateurs can help crack the code. Instead, they keep it to themselves. By the time they do put it out most of us think they changed the data anyways.

There is a growing THIRST for understanding what is out there.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smokingman2006

Is the Daily Telegraph anything like the Weekly World News where, anything that's said can be taken with a grain of salt (although, a lot of it is factual)?

Regardless....I sit here wondering, with all this in-your-face acknowledgment about aliens (not alien planets but alien Beings) lately, is this reaching the average person?
Does the average-Joe know about the Vatican's' new stance regarding welcoming our 'space brothers' or does the average soccer mom realize, they want to baptize them?

I mean, how many people is this reaching? People like us are likely to know about this the second it leaks out but does my next door neighbor for instance, know about this? Somehow I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here's another thing. If they just put out the raw data when they get it then there would be no conspiracies. There would be no conspiracies! If they just live streamed this stuff there would be no conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
A lot of events lately point to a disclosure soon. There is Dr. Michio Kaku talking about the possibility of aliens, the mainstream news reporting about the UFOs controlling the nuclear sites in the US and the UK, the just showed TV series entitled "The Event" and now this news.

Let's not forget:

-The absolute deluge of UFO and/or alien related content on TV the last few years.

- Several major countries officially addressing the issue of UFOs through their release of formerly classified documents on the subject.

-Statements out of the Vatican along the lines of "aliens are God's children too and it's okay to believe in them."

- The most credible, level-headed and well-written book on UFO's to come out in decades has appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for several straight weeks, has been covered in major media and is being publicly backed by science icons of popular culture. (Not to mention the associated attempts of the author et al to get a small government agency started in the U.S. to officially investigate UFO reports.)

- NASA's recent statements that Earth-like planets are probably way more common than previously thought.
-Now the United Nations is talking about appointing a liaison to spacemen.

Interesting times, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qonscious
The government already knows all about the aliens, there just putting on a show for the ignorant masses. I really think there planning something big (the aliens/ government/ illuminati) and im not sure if its for the better of worse. But then again this is the government that killed 3,000 of its own people and a lot more in the fake war. Sh*ts bout to get serious!

Yes and no. The government that we see and listen to (well, 'hear' anyway) are not privy to this information. There are many many layers containing different levels of security clearance and the POTUS, for example, is on one of the lowest rungs.

There is no way the top dog, the POTUS, knows about this with absolute certainty. Sure, he may have a little more confirmation where, let's say, he knows alien UFOs are hovering over Earth, but he absolutely doesn't know anything deeper than that. They keep him out of the loop because he need not be in it. Too much to risk.

Not only are there different levels of security but there's an underground shadow government/military as well. THEY'RE the ones who are in contact and likely working with aliens on this planet (and other places) for a very long time.
No one who knows about this is exposed to the general public. There's too much to risk. Like blackmail. Or brainwashing etc. So they keep this very well covered up and on a need-to-know-basis only and thus far, no one needs to know.
But some people do accidentally stumble on this 'secret' and do come out and start talking (Phil Schneider) and usually, wind up dead.

What's going to happen is (I believe) Beings will make themselves known. Big time. Where there will be no more denying their existence. At which point, it'll come as an equal surprise to all of us 'regular' folk. Certainly the TPTB and the shadow government personnel will know before it happens but they're hidden away anyway, so it doesn't matter how they react.

Trust me, this will 'surprise' everyone whose accounted for that is. I suspect within the next 24 months contact and a connection will be made.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
EVERY HUMAN on Earth is indeed living in interesting times.

Eversince the Roswell crash, TPTB had kept a tight lid on knowledge of extra terresterials, even to the point of murder, as many UFO researchers had simply 'dissappeared' or 'died' under mystifying circmumstances.

That the UN, the most inept agency on Earth, had appointed a nonity to be 'ambassador' is proving how effective the Global Movement For Humanity through the internet had been. It shows that TPTB realized how many billions in the world are NOW awakened to the reality of UFOs and its occupants.

That final decision by the UN, often the last measure, is a cop out to the existance and truth of the mysterious crafts hovering over our skies. CONTACT had long been made, but the first step to gradual disclosure had to be in from the UN, often the scapegoat by TPTB, to pull wool over the eyes of the sleeping masses.

Wake up from your stupor please, there is more than meets the eye.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We have no documents that prove it, of course, but many witnesses say that contact has already been made with aliens in secret. I would be far more comfortable if it was being done in the light of day, and the UN--flawed as it is---would be the only place to do it.

I am aware that it is not an elected world government but just a bunch of appointed ambassadors. I am well aware that the IMF is acting as a facilitator and collection agency for private banks, and is badly in need of an overhaul to make it friendlier to economic development.

If the aliens are friendly (and I believe that the majority of them are) then any benefits we get from contact should be handled in such a way that the majority of people see some improvments in their lives because of them. We still have billions of people at the subsistence level on this planet, and the last thing we need is even more wealth and power concentrated at the elite levels.

If ETs are really intelligent then they will have figured out that much on their own. The vital thing, though, is to handle these contacts in an open, public way so that it won't be just the elite groups who reap all the advantages and rewards from earth taking its proper place as part of galactic civilization.

That's my main concern, if and when it finally happens.

edit on 26-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Bob Dean (bless his 80 year old heart) talks about cosmic clearance within our 'government'.
Bob needs to keep talking to save his own life because if he is killed, that would confirm to everyone (within the UFO loop) that he spoke the truth (which we already know, he does)

The truth is coming folks. Just hang in there a bit longer. Just look at this as an extended commercial which is giving you time to fetch the popcorn cause the show is about to begin.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
reply to post by Qonscious

There is something strange going on that's for sure. Back when Carter opened his mouth the real folks in the know started shutting the government out.

Think about the last 5 years or so. How many shuttle missions and satellites have we launched into orbit? We have machines working non stop in trying to figure out what's going on. The WISE mission is what concerns me most. They found some 20 brown dwarfs floating around. Then they said it won't be until next year or so before they put out any data. Why is this stuff so secret? If they just put out the raw data then all the amateurs can help crack the code. Instead, they keep it to themselves. By the time they do put it out most of us think they changed the data anyways.

There is a growing THIRST for understanding what is out there.

Since the 1950s, at least, there have been many reports of large "objects" and "satellites" in and around earth and other parts of the solar system--reports that were briefly mentioned then swept under the rug again. Testing the waters?

Most people don't know about this unless they follow the subject closely. Of course, to us it seems like real disclosure is taking forever, but to the aliens this may seem like a very short time. We already have a pretty good notion that their concepts of space and time are very different from us earth-bound types.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
I think most of us are missing something important.

What's up with all the mass mental conditioning lately?

For decades, there was this whole secrecy and "no talk" policy about aliens.

Few years ago it started: massive whistle-blowers world wide, many governments and armies 'opening their files' on the subject (south america and europe), media coming with more and more news about it, and there's this event tomorrow!

If you take a step back, and look at this thing with a wider view, you realize this resonates back to mankind's history. The gradual building up is quite noticeable, and whenever there's a true discovery of something new, usually it's an in-your-face kind of event.

Something is being brewed here.

Best post in this thread thus far! Instant star for you my friend

Sator is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I TOO believe something is up with all this. How have I also came to this very same conclusion? Within the last 2 to maybe 3 weeks I have been noticing a BIG change in how the main stream media has been changing things up with respects to WHAT they have been choosing to report, as well as the context that the reporting has been delivered.

I mean like in the past 2 weeks I saw a report done by either Fox or CNN (was DEFINITELY one of the main mainstream news outlets) in how they exposed the education system....in particular the text books (history) that are being issued that are chock full of blatant LIES!! in regards to historical events!! Another one where there was HONEST and pretty truthful reporting done on the GMO food thing....one where the host (that Indian Dr. that has a show or something??? Sorry I don't know as I never watch that crap anymore, but for those who know), but the news host TOTALLY took the side of the guy on the show that was AGAINST GMO crops, and DISSED the other "Dr." that tried to say how they were safe for us (not to mention many other things that were "safe" for us, but had been proven otherwise time and time again....it was completely clear that her angle was a belief in depopulation, seriously I wouldn't doubt it).

Another mainstream news outlet reported earlier this week on how Texas won (7 to 6 vote) in removing a vast majority (if not all as I can't remember the specifics with the report) but it had been noticed that freaking ISLAM had been steadily and slowly (but began gaining momentum) making its way into the school system text books....showing ISLAM in NOTHING BUT A GOOD/POSITIVE LIGHT!! Texas won the vote in eliminating/removing a great deal of the mentioning of ISLAM from the text books.

Back on topic though...the more alternative/truth/REAL JOURNALISM stories I see being reported in the mainstream propaganda, the more I become suspicious in trying to figure out WHY NOW?!?! Why now do they all of a sudden begin "reporting" on topics that just months prior wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole?!?! And it has almost happened across the board simultaneously and almost coordinated like...if ya know what I am sayin.

The way I see it is:

1. Now that there is no more hiding anything from those who seek the truth (with greater and greater numbers of people "waking up" and finding themselves pissed off like no tomorrow lol), mainstream is beginning to realize that plans might not quite be going down as originally planned, or in accordance with the time line that they had been sold on....basically I honestly think that they now might be trying to distance themselves from the evil powers that be because they FREAKING know what they have done in the brainwashing/bald face flat out LYING to the American public as our country was being RAPED AND SOLD OUT right in front of us, and they have begun to hear more and more how people who are not only simply waking up....but waking up and realizing what the media had done to us all these years, and are being very vocal about it ;-) I honestly think that the mainstream media is freaking scared. Scared about how/who will hold them ALL "ACCOUNTABLE" when that time comes.

2. Or....I am completely wrong with my above theory and that everything we are beginning to see/hear is being done on purpose and is just another piece of the puzzle meant to destroy this once great country :-/ Brings a tear to my eyes just having to type this BS :-( I hope and pray to God that once they fail (and yes...THEY WILL FAIL!) but once they do...that they can be brought to justice and held accountable for the brutal/treasonous/immoral crimes against humanity that they have indeed caused.

Anyways...just my .03 cents. Sorry for the long rant. It's just that....ever since I caught a glimpse of that news report of Steven Colbert actually having been freaking INVITED to the congressional hearing on that COMPLETELY RACIAL black panther/voting intimidation case...and THEN BEING ALLOWED TO ADDRESS THE SENATE AND GOES INTO COMEDIC CHARACTER AS HE DOES SO!??!?!? AAARRRRGGGHHH MY BLOOD IS STILL BOILING!!! What a FREAKING FRACKING JOKE THIS ADMINISTRATION IS TO THIS COUNTRY!!! So again my apologies...but THAT was the final nail in the coffin!! So yea...anyways thanks for the post. Have a nice day.

NT

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
1) United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs really has nothing to do with extraterrestrials.

The United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) is the United Nations office responsible for promoting international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space.

www.oosa.unvienna.org...

2) Othman was not appointed "ambassador". She is the Director of UNOOSA and has been since 2007.

3)Othman said nothing about being or appointing an ambassador to or communicating with aliens. She was talking about recieving an extraterrestrial signal (via SETI, and others) and how such a discovery should be addressed by the international "community". She is talking about coordination, not communication.

“The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials.

"When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination.”

Read people. Think people.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lee63

I believe it is,
and (for the record) everyone should the PDF file you posted. Very interesting documentation.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think the crucial thing to bear in mind here, is that an international organisation, the UN, representing 192 of Earths nations, have proposed what essentially amounts to Earths first (official) Earth - Extraterrestrial ambassador.

It's a VERY far cry from stories on the local news about 'little green men and swamp gas, always delivered with an eye roll and a stifled laugh.

Read into that what you will, i know what i think it means...

Another thing we have to bear in mind about all this though, is that this woman, is NOT to liaise or communicate with ET on our planets' behalf...she is in place as a reassurance measure for the people of Earth..so we will feel like everything is in hand, and under official control and direction.

A familiar diplomatic/political contrivance so we will all think tptb know what they are doing and have prepared well in advance.

ET might even go along with the show..who knows they may have even suggested it, to ease the information shock.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Many great philosophers, astronomers, and prophets of our history, and even today, predicted that we're going to have some alien contact. Nostradamus, along with many ancient Mayans, Sumerians, Egyptians, Incan, etc.. even John Titor (yes, yes i know) said that the amount of people to witness UFO's would be multiplied 100,000+ fold prior to and during massive alien contact, and it seems this time is approaching. Now our government (and others) is slowly leaking MAJOR documents, not only pertaining to aliens and the R&D the have been working with to create new technologies. Could this be the "shift of consciousness" that all prophets of 2012 speak of. They say everything that is unconscious will come to consciousness, everything that is dark will come to light, or forever fade into darkness; "The sheets will be unveiled"... Ranging from personality to government secret ops. So it seems more and more of that IS being unveiled... Do some research if you think otherwise

Think of it this way.. WE (U.S.A.) over here are one of the "leading" countries as far as technological advancement goes, whether it be for public use or not. THUS, we have some of the best-of-the-best scientists and such to research and develop what even Hitler started working on in the 1940's, reverse-engineering alien technology. His ability to work with A.T. relies on the same reason the USA is able to work with it. Along with those privileges come not just a greater secret to hide but more people that know about what we're doing. The government here is insanely clever, being filled with Illuminati, so they're gonna direct resources towards figuring out the truth behind 2012, and they have. They've known for decades. I have personally spoken to a member of the FBI, NSA and CIA, in that order heh. He happened to have a license to kill and was certified to have "black" clearance (exceptionally higher clearance than top secret or confidential). He was one of the men to help develop the Atomic Bomb aka the Uranium Bomb. Later assisting in developing the Hydrogen Bomb. He had physical proof of Doctorates in Cosmology and Quantum Physics (Physics incl), Master's in Aeronautics and Chemistry and few others I cannot recall. He was one of the only men in the world to accumulate as many schooling hours as he did, he later moved on to be a professor after working for NSA. I can go on for a while, but this is a minor example to show how the resources this government has, as far as "brains". He went on to explain to me projects, such as "Project Looking-Glass" and how the government has been working on deciphering the 2012 mystery for quite some time, and that we've figured it out. He has recently passed..

He told me that we (the world's League of 500) will be using the 2012 shift of consciousness as an initiation to the Global Government, or New World Order. He goes on to tell me, "..years before the shift you will know. Revered scientists that agree with this prophecy around the world are being payed to announce things publicly when the certain time they are prescribed, arrives.". I'm sure this would include any disclosure of alien contact, but they can't just come out and say, "There's aliens", so they progressively integrate it into news over the years. As this will already be inevitable, if prophecy stands true, media all over will be reporting about aliens, even our controlled and biased media here in the USA. The governments of the world don't wanna 'seem' as fools or unprepared to defend the people from alien contact, (yes we have the weapons and defense and we have since 1950) as it would create chaos amongst civilization. SOME want us to know of aliens before mass contact. Majority is just waiting for their call to retreat underground for 5 years without telling anyone else but their loved ones.

The U.N. appointing this "potential alien contact" is just part of that.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Wheres maybemaybenot and the rest of the debunkers. I wish I could see their faces now. LOL
I told you so! Disclosure IS coming! ETs ARE real.

Slow your roll, don't get over excited, you're acting as if this is proof that aliens have been here.

This is not proof that aliens have visited, it's not time for 'blind' believers to be shouting ''told you so'' quite yet. I want to believe they've visited but will not until there's proof, proof might materialise one day but this is not it.

link   
Is this an 'official' posting from the UN or just speculation?

link   

Originally posted by Phage

Read people. Think people.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's exactly what I have been doing, Phage, ever since I saw a UFO myself that I knew represented a technology far in advance of our own. That's the main thing I have been reading and thinking about in all the years since.

From this research, I have reached certain conclusions:

That we are being visited by a variety of alien civilizations, that most of them are not hostile, and that I would prefer contact to be made in an open, public way in hopes that the common people of this planet--the majority of whom have little or nothing in the material sense--will derive some benefit from it, and that the technology from such contact will not be used simply for military purposes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join