It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Conference Next Monday: Unidentified Aerial Objects Compromising US Nuclear Weapons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by A-Dub

Excuse me, but correct me if I am wrong... Does anyone else notice where this has gone? First of all.. Can someone please point me to the "PROOF" that aliens are disabling our nukes? Anyone? Oh thats right.. Nothing but a bunch of theories and opinions.. Not ONE fact!!!!... So .. why are we now debating why said aliens are disabling our nukes? Shouldn't someone prove that they are indeed disabling our nukes BEFORE arguing why?..

Carry on, I was attempting to inject logic into the conversation... But I am sure it will be met with conflict. It lacks excitment and fantasy to deal with facts and truth.. I get it.

If you wanted a cover story for people seeing your new Top secret Multi-Multii Billion Dollar Stealth Toy, this is exactly what you'd do. The US military has spent decades debunking UFO's, and now for some unexplicable reason they come with we've got Aliens coming out our But Hole.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
would it be possible for a member of ATS to go there if willing, and become a reporter on behalf of the website?

according to google maps, this is the adress, but i would check for yourself, before wandering off.

529 14th St NW, Washington, DC, United States‎ - (202) 662-7500‎

edit on 21-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the information OP. However this is nothing new. Supposedly non Human craft have been visiting nuclear sites for a long time. Normally I think trying to figure out alien motivations is folly but I will say this, if it is true then I think there is more then one reason they would be interested in shutting down nuclear arsenals and not all of them are "peacenik". If natives are hostile then it would be prudent that any potential visitors-invaders-tourists-scientists etc. know how to shut off the "big guns" or turn them to their own purposes should they need to.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Maybe they've got one of those Mr Fusion gizmos and just want a Top-Up so they
they can be back home in time for some Smoked Kippers.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
If this story is true, then there are good aliens.

are you sure?

maybe they are concerned with the possibility that their food (people) would be nuked and they would starve to death...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
would it be possible for a member of ATS to go there if willing, and become a reporter on behalf of the website?

according to google maps, this is the adress, but i would check for yourself, before wandering off.

529 14th St NW, Washington, DC, United States‎ - (202) 662-7500‎

edit on 21-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

I don't know if "reporters" (i.e., people who are there specifically to "report" on the story) are invited. The National Press Club is a private club. Usually, only members of the National Press Club can attend club events. I guess a member could bring a guest (although I'm not sure), but it would probably considered in bad form if the guest was there only to report on the presentation (rather than only going to eat the free lunch buffet!)

I suppose if a credentialed reporter from ATS pays their dues, they could become part of the Press Club -- but I don't know if that could happen quickly enough.

Like I said before, I think the label "press conference" as stated in the thread title is a bit of a misnomer. This is not a press conference, but rather a speaking event being presented at a private club.

edit on 9/21/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Orkojoker

Point being it carries the press release to lots of newspapers/broadcasters

Correction... Rueters carries releases from a lot of sources.

SOURCE Former U.S. Air Force Officer Robert Salas, and Researcher Robert Hastings

www.prnewswire.com...

edit on 9/20/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I don't believe the two are mutually exclusive. The information Reuters gathers then becomes available to news media all over the world. There are thousands of small local newspapers in the U.S. that depend on the likes of Reuters, the Associated Press and United Press International for non-local news items. Most of these little news outfits primarily cover things like county government and local happenings but reserve a section for national and international news blurbs. Each day there are countless editors at these small papers across the country scanning the wire services to find something interesting of a non-local nature to spice up that day's issue.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Dear Aliens,

Please dismantle Sarah Palin, then move on to FOX News if you really have any power.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
For me, it's not so much the fact that the military is keeping it a secret. It's the idea that if they are keeping secrets about UFO, then they're probably keeping secrets about recovered technology and black budget programs.

Meaning they're spending BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars on advanced systems research that the public will likely never see implemented. Meanwhile, we're still raping the Earth of it's precious natural resources and making a select few "elite" rich and powerful in the process.

Release the technology and information. Make the world a better place and quite hording tech and info that could advance the civilization for the better, rather than holding it back with war and secrecy and greed.

edit on 21-9-2010 by tyranny22 because: nunya

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'll bet the press conference gets unexpectedly cancelled at the last minute by Homeland Security with them citing "national security" issues.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
reply to post by Son of Will

Could you show me anything showing real evidence that some sophisticated tech existed earlier than it should have or can you show anu evidence of aliens in prehistory? All I have seen can be explained as wishful thinking to match the flavor of the day -- aliens. Cook shows compelling documentation to show the birth of this tech and the only possible culprit is the Nazis. There is simply no evidence to support anything else.

The only possible source of UFO-type technology is the Nazis? That's quite a statement.

I consider WWII a little too early for the kind of technology described in many UFO reports. Sixty-some years later, our most advanced publicly acknowledged aircraft are still downright primitive in comparison. None even begin to approach the level of technology commonly displayed by these objects for more than half a century. Additionally, some of the behavior of the objects, such as pacing commercial airliners and hovering conspicuously low over large numbers of civilians in populated areas, seems to preclude the notion that they are a secret technology in the traditional sense. Certainly there have been sightings over the years of aircraft that were, at the time, secret and/or experimental, but these sightings were incidental. Historically, secret military technology has not been purposefully and blatantly put on display to the masses. At least I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sounds like Dr Greer is off and running again.

What we need is some present day instances not something that happened in the 90s and back.

The so called objects might also be man made by Lockheed or Boeing. An SDI takeoff but rather using spaced based weapons we have these foo fighter drones that disable the missiles before they are activated.

Sounds better than trying to shoot them out of the sky with 747 lasers and satelites.

edit on 21-9-2010 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It can mean a few things. Personally, I believe that if they are interfering with nukes then they are protecting us, perhaps. However, if they are interFEARing with us, they are disarming us. Shieeeeet.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't believe our ambassador and finally acknowledgment of UFO/UAO's whatever will come from the government or the media (two different names for the same BS). If they have it on the news its because they want it there and they only put stuff on there that will push their agenda/ideas/fears/etc etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Real interesting stuff. I wonder what makes our governments think they can actually take any effective preventative measures against the grays, they barely even have to try to disable our most powerful weapons. Regardless of the infeasibility, I don't see the purpose in resisting them anyway. It seems clear their agenda is to save us from ourselves.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Gygar because: My own personal preference on syntax

edit on 21-9-2010 by Gygar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is a very senstive subject for the US government and has been since the 1940s. We know that now because of declassified documents like these:

A 1952 CIA document calling for a major UFO investigation, which we now know did in fact get underway around this time--and it definitely wasn't Blue Book:

A 1949 document from the FBI expressing great concern about multiple UFO reports over Los Alamos, New Mexico:

Another UFO report from Roswell in 1952:

A TOP SECRET Air Force report dicussing UFOs in 1949, one of the very few Top Secret UFO documents that we have, even from this early period:

A 1950 report of UFOs over Hanford, Washington, which the Air Force tried to intercept. We now know that UFOs had been seen over Hanford since 1945:

A 1953 Army report discussing violations of airspace over Oak Ridge by a formation of UFOs:

And to top it all off, a 1950 FBI report about three "flying saucers" having been recovered in New Mexico. This is where we get into the really Above Top Secret stuff, of course, and the paper trail ends. We are left mostly with eyewitness testimony and all kinds of rumors:

ufologie.net...

So yes indeed, they have been concerned by UFO interest in nuclear installations since the 1940s, and their own records prove that. This is a very senstive subject, to say the least. Based on this documentary record, I think that they HAD to take these reports seriously and try to find out what these UFOs were and where they came from--perhaps even to make contact with them if possible. We know that they were trying to shoot them down and recover the wreckage, too, and may even have had some success.

This much we know for certain from the record, and that these UFO incidents over nuclear installations have been ongoing. Personally, I think they have made contact with at least some aliens and received technology, while others still remain unknown, and possibly hostile as well.

edit on 21-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by A-Dub

Excuse me, but correct me if I am wrong... Does anyone else notice where this has gone? First of all.. Can someone please point me to the "PROOF" that aliens are disabling our nukes? Anyone? Oh thats right.. Nothing but a bunch of theories and opinions.. Not ONE fact!!!!... So .. why are we now debating why said aliens are disabling our nukes? Shouldn't someone prove that they are indeed disabling our nukes BEFORE arguing why?..

Carry on, I was attempting to inject logic into the conversation... But I am sure it will be met with conflict. It lacks excitment and fantasy to deal with facts and truth.. I get it.

Yes, I think I can prove that much, based on the documents I just posted. The government already knew that much in the 1940s and 1950s, no matter what they told the public.

From the documentary record that has been declssified so far, I don't think there's much question of it. The really interesting questions are where the aliens came from, how many different groups were involved, and what their intentions were. We now know they were trying to find that out as well, and very likely did find out something.

I suspect thet the origins of the whole program that later came to be called SETI had its origins in this period, and that it involved a lot more than just seaching for radio signals from deep space somewhere. We have strong circumstantial evidence about that as well, like this 1953 memo from the Director of the CIA to teh Secretary of Defense calling for a more "vigorous" UFO investigation:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How is this news when it was reported almost 10 years ago in the same damn place?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
So when did Reuters become a trustworthy news agency?

Not that I care one way or the other, I use multiple news sources.

However on ATS, it usually gets lumped in with Fox et al or even worse, so I am curious to see how many that blow it off for every other article suddenly find them credible because it is something they want to hear.

*Gets some popcorn*

This should be interesting.

e
Sometimes the simplest truths come from the most unlikely of places. What better way to hide a truth than to bury it in a source that previously reported untruths .......

So simple really.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
How is this news when it was reported almost 10 years ago in the same damn place?

I'm not sure if it is news.
Are they going to present anything new, or just the same stuff we already know about?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join