It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Conference Next Monday: Unidentified Aerial Objects Compromising US Nuclear Weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So this is my first post so sorry if it doesn't belong in this category; I just found it most fitting here because it's dealing with UFOS and such. I looked up to see if this topic had been mentioned before but it was really outdated and there was one account of one of the witnesses but now this stuff is actually getting real and questions will hopefully be answered.

I am also curious to see what information is released to the public about this and quite honestly, I am excited because for once, these people seem to be being taken seriously. Also intriguing because if they really pursue doing research on this... it's very interesting to wonder why aliens would be messing with our nuclear weapons... perhaps dismantling them is a sign that we shouldn't have them in the first place.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by moarboar8907

Should prove to be an interesting conference.

What's more interesting is that Reuters have covered it, and without any associated ridicule.

Perhaps the fact that the conference will discuss nuclear weapons in relation to UAOs, puts it firmly in a serious category.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So when did Reuters become a trustworthy news agency?

Not that I care one way or the other, I use multiple news sources.

However on ATS, it usually gets lumped in with Fox et al or even worse, so I am curious to see how many that blow it off for every other article suddenly find them credible because it is something they want to hear.

*Gets some popcorn*

This should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This isn't necessarily a "press conference" in the true sense of the word so lets be honest here.

......but now this stuff is actually getting real and questions will hopefully be answered.

I assure you this stuff is not "getting real" and no questions will be answered by this press conference. I view it as a form of entertainment, I wish I was wrong about this.....but wait till after and you will see who, what, why, where, and how I am able to say this in advance with 100% certainty (hint, look into it more).

Even if they had anything concrete to present (they don't), it wouldn't matter. The current climate that we as a community have allowed to foster (such as letting the nut-jobs do our talking) means anything even remotely significant will be short lived in the press. Change the climate, change the world. Until then your pissing in the wind.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes Reuters generally tends to be more liberal than non-biased but I don't believe that is the main point here when they're simply informing about a factual event.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well I do believe we have had nuclear war on this planet before and I do not think nukes are anything new but that is my opinion.

If there are aliens interfering then good! We don't need to destroy the planet again. Nukes like I have said many times, scare me to death and I don't think anyone in the world should have them. There are plenty of weapons out there, why something so massively destructive and not just the one time but it's effects go on for decades after. There is nothing good about nukes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

WHERE: National Press Club

Ah and anyone can buy time there I think.

Noted researcher Robert Hastings

I remember something about this guy, too. Too tired atm to go look him up, though >.<

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects"

Thats a pretty deep headline for Reuters... All in black caps as well

Sounds like it will be an intresting event....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Reuters are a frequent source for the mainstream media here in Australia, and as such can be a powerful tool for propaganda, so the article is particularly noteworthy when compared to anything relating to UFO's written say five or more years ago. Gone are the bully boy tactics designed to destroy any serious consideration that we may not be the only technologically capable life form in the universe, let alone one or more who may be so superior to us as to be able to travel great distances through space to "visit" us.

There has been reports through the alternative channels for many years regarding UFO interventions around nuclear sites. Most noteworthy were those following the Chernobyl disaster, which may very well have been significantly worse than actually eventuated.

It would appear by these benevolent acts that we are being watched over and protected by "Angels", and for this I am hugely grateful, but what would be truly beneficial to the mass of humanity would be the removal of the "human" psychopaths who dictate events here, to their own planet of darkness far,far away......That would be a dream come true.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree with mblahnikluver's post. Nobody should have any nukes period.

UFO's have disarmed nukes before. If this story is true, then there are good aliens. If any of them are reading this...................dismantle every single one please.

This other thread has a film on Countdown to Zero posted by paradiselost333
www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to this documentary we have over 23,000 nuclear weapons.

This whole nuclear weapons issue is also very scary to me.

When a species gains technological mastery but not spiritual mastery, this can prove to be deadly.

I keep saying this, if humanity does not grow up, the few that are in power and calling the shots is going to vaporize the rest of us right out of existence.

Those that survive will wish to god they had been at one of the ground zeros.

With all the money we have spent on the military war machine we could have easily fed, clothe and housed every single man woman and child on the face of this planet.

But, we keep quietly going about our daily lives unaware and uncaring that we are all on the brink of obliteration.

WARNING: Reality ahead, if you want to remain in la la land don't view..........but know this, if all of us do not unit, rise up and rebel against nuclear weapons, then we have all signed our own death warrants as well as that of our children and future generations.

People have a false sense of security and shy away from thinking about unpleasant things. All the while the few people in power are planning more false flag operations with the intention of starting another war.

Mankind had better grow up and fast.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a803a7424082.png[/atsimg]

edit on 20-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
There is nothing good about nukes.

...except that they are arguably responsible for the longest period of (relative) world peace in modern history; superpowers don't want to go to war with each other when the outcome is guaranteed destruction for all involved.

Anyway thanks to the OP for bringing this press conference to our attention, I am not getting my hopes up but it is interesting none the less.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing

Its about time this subject got more media airing and I think its mostly due to the ex service men from Bent Waters and alike jumping up and down.

If you have a bunch of ex service guys laying down thier eye witness accounts its not so easy to brush off like the general publics.

S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dimethylmercury

Did you actually say relative world peace!

That statement comes from someone whose little tush isn't sitting over in Iraq. You have not been one of the mothers to hug a dying child that has half their body blown apart. You have no comprehension how things are building up..............take your blinders off.

Current Conflicts

Algeria Insurgency 1992
Angola Cabinda 1975-2006?
Burma Insurgency 1950
China Senkaku Islands 1968
China Spratly Islands 1988
China Uighur 1996
Colombia Insurgencies 1970s
Congo (Zaire) Congo War 1998
Georgia Civil War 1991
India Assam 1985
India Kashmir 1970s
India Naxalite Uprising 1967
Israel Palestine 1967
Ivory Coast Civil War 2002
Korea Korean War 1953
Kyrgyzstan Civil Unrest 2010
Laos Hmong Insurgency 2000
Mexico Drug War 2006
Namibia Caprivi Strip 1966
Nepal Maoists 1996-2006 ?
Nigeria Civil Disturbances 1997
Pakistan Baluchistan 2004
Pakistan Pashtun Jihad 2001
Palestine Civil War 2007
Peru Shining Path 1970s
Philippines Moro Uprising 1970s
Russia North Caucasus Insurgency 1992
Somalia Civil War 1991
Spain Basque Uprising 1970s
Thailand Islamic Rebels 2001
Turkey Kurdistan 1984
United States Afghanistan 1980
United States Djibouti 2001
United States Iraq 1990
United States Philippines 1898
Uzbekistan Civil Disturbances 2005
Yemen Sheik al-Houti 2004

Source: www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

UFO sightings at ICBM sites and nuclear Weapons Storage Areas
Robert L. Hastings (2006)

Summary: Although the vast majority of Americans are completely unaware of its existence, the UFO/Nukes Connection is now remarkably well-documented. Air Force, FBI, and CIA files declassified via the Freedom of Information Act establish a convincing, ongoing pattern of UFO activity at U.S. nuclear weapons sites extending back to December 1948. ...To date, I have interviewed over 50 individuals who were involved in various UFO-related incidents at Strategic Air Command bases or remote sites. I have selected the statements of 20 of those persons for presentation here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Reprinted by permission of the author.)

Although the vast majority of Americans are completely unaware of its existence, the UFO/Nukes Connection is now remarkably well-documented. Air Force, FBI, and CIA files declassified via the Freedom of Information Act establish a convincing, ongoing pattern of UFO activity at U.S. nuclear weapons sites extending back to December 1948.

For more than 30 years, I have been interviewing former and retired U.S. Air Force personnel regarding their direct or indirect involvement in nuclear weapons-related UFO sighting incidents. These individuals—from retired colonels to former airmen—report extraordinary encounters which have obvious national security implications. In fact, taken to their logical conclusion, the reported incidents have planetary implications, given the horrific consequences that would result from a full-scale, global nuclear war.

At the time of their experiences, my former/retired USAF sources held positions ranging from nuclear missile launch and targeting officers, to missile maintenance personnel, to missile security police. The incidents described occurred at Malmstrom, Minot, F.E. Warren, Ellsworth, Vandenberg, and Walker AFBs, between 1963 and 1996. Other sources were stationed at Wurtsmith and Loring AFBs, where B-52 nuclear bombers were based during the Cold War era.

Source: www.ufoevidence.org...

And for this article Provided here is a list of 193 sightings in or about nuclear sites and related places. These are 3-data-lines each, with a one line ( 78 character ) capsule summary of events, plus coordinates, date , time and other fields.

Go here: www.nicap.org...

edit on 20-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I believe this is just a press release which goes to the Reuters PR Newswire. Reuters did not do any original reporting on this, and did not author the headline. It is a Press Release from the organization putting on the news conference.

While I support disclosure, it is a stretch to say that Reuters has anything to do with this announcement beyond providing a place to announce press conferences.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Crimelab because: engrish

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

I don't know. I know TONS of "ex-service" guys that are totally idiots. Having served doesn't make you a better human, trust me. In fact, most of the ex-service guys I know have below average powers of observation and reasoning. I know I will get spat upon for saying this, but it is my extensive experience that compels me to say this. One's position in life has little to nothing to do with one's ability to accurately deal with witnessing things that defy current logic.

Did I ever tell you about the time I almost got in a wreck with two astronauts (one who walked on the moon) because they didn't understand the basics of a 4-way stop sign?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hastings and Salas are soliciting funds to cover participants travel, lodging, food, etc., expenses for this "press conference" here...
ufohastings.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hastings has written a book on this subject, which goes back many decades. There's no need to hold a press conference to tell the government about it, since I've read documents going back to the 1940s that show they were already very concerned about this problem even then.

There's an FBI document from 1950 that shows they had already recovered three crashed saucers in New Mexico with little alien guys aboard. These UFOs were particularly interested in Los Alamos, White Sands, Sandia Labs and other places where nuclear weapons were produced, tested or stored.

There were UFO reports going back to 1944-45 over nuclear facilities, even before the bombs were finished. There were UFO reports over Hiroshima after the bomb was dropped there and the city was cancelled.

None of this is new. It's probably still going on, although the last really big case I heard about involving nuclear weapons was Rendlesham in 1980.

There are all kinds of reports of the UFOs shutting down missiles in the 1960s and 1970s, although the US government has hired some professional debunkers to try to squelch those stories. I'm not the type who sees disinformation agents everywhere, but when it comes to this particular issue it's a different story. UFOs have shown the ability to shut these missiles off and to activiate them, as well as knock them out of the sky, and that's something that the government really would want to debunk anyway they could.

I don't blame them.

The UFOs have done similar things in Russia, too.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Your list of conflicts only strengthens my initial argument; notice how none of them involve two countries with established nuclear deterrents (openly) going to war with each other? Indeed it could be argued that the threat of use of their respective newly acquired nuclear arsenals prevented the escalation of a dispute between India and Pakistan in 1999 which could have turned into a war killing millions.

There is a saying that "God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"; in international politics nukes are the great equaliser.

You can't uninvent technology, we just have to live with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think its part of the path we as humans walk and the challenge we have to encouter, the exploration of the atom universe and all that is part of it.Just as we have challenges with our environment, asteroids and other things that challenges our existence.These bumps are to be taken by ourselves, not some alien race. I don't think it is good they're tinkering with these weapons, they not only secured peace for more then 50 years between the great powers, what if we want to shoot or alter the trajectory of an asteroid and the missiles don't work, or even worse if we're attacked by those or other intelligent life

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join