It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Conference Next Monday: Unidentified Aerial Objects Compromising US Nuclear Weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Just to be accurate, this is not a "press conference" per se -- It's a National Press Club seminar or luncheon.

The National Press Club is a professional/social organization who often holds seminars and luncheons for their members -- Seminars in which they invite a speaker to talk about a particular subject. In this case, the club invited these former USAF personnel to discuss intrusions over nuclear facilities over the years.

This is akin to the American Dental Association inviting someone to a seminar to talk about -- oh, I don't know -- anything.

The National Press Club invites speakers of all kinds to speak at their club seminars. "Press Conference" is a term with a specific meaning (at least to me). It seems to be a misnomer in this case.

I'm not being picky.....but.....how do you know the NPC invited speakers on this topic to make a presentation?

I'm only asking because I can't see any evidence that this presentation is even going to happen on the day quoted, according to Reuters this is booked to be happening on 27/09/10 at 12:30pm in the Holeman lounge.......yet according to the NPC there is no booking for that date and time.......surely if they had been invited then the NPC would have updated their booking calender for an event that is due to take place in 7 days??

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I would like to remind everybody that the topic is "Press Conference Next Monday: Unidentified Aerial Objects Compromising US Nuclear Weapons", not nuclear war, conventional war or how people write.

Please keep on discussing the topic.

Thanks.

Thank you for deleting my post without saying why you did so.

No doubt you'll delete points from me for having the temerity to question TPTB on ATS.

Double standards?

EDIT: Ooooh wait! You complain that TPTB censor all people who disclose their agenda. What are you doing? Keep this discussion in the open and let other members comment on this thread. Reinstate my deleted post whilst you're at it to give some context.

Or do you just delete posts as you fancy?

edit on 20/9/2010 by Slippery Jim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ArMaP, I'd like a reply please.

You have been given the responsibilities of a Mod.

Surely you can't exercise these responsibilities without accountability?

Or can you?

Will my account be shut down with no explanation?

Will I be banned from here with no chance to argue my case?

Is this a dictatorship?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Change the climate, change the world. Until then your pissing in the wind.

What do you think the point of these sorts of events are?

Books and events that are logical and sensible are what will change the "climate" as you put it. Laughing them off as debunkers like you do of course, won't do a thing to help. You do NOT wish this was the case — admit it, you love anything said that puts Ufology in a bad light. Why you try to come off as the smart person who wishes so badly this was taken more seriously baffles me. It's pretty obvious you have no interest in the subject matter becoming more "serious" or more accepted. It would devoid you of your easy targets on this board for one, and you'd have to admit you were wrong in many cases for another.

This particular subject is rather important imo. It's one of the prime reasons we are being visited at all I think.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: posted in wrong thread ??

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You obviously have no clue what your talking about or how the real world works, nor do you even begin to understand why I am here, what my interest is or what I really know. But thanks for playing, really

I do agree that sensible events and responsible conferences would be a way to help move this direction forward. However, this isn't a press conference and you know it. You also know, using common sense reason and logic, that they wouldn't need to rent out a hall and beg reporters to come (who probably wont even pay attention) if they had ANYTHING of substance that made such an event worth it.

A REAL press conference would mean there is material that merits real attention by the mainstream, no free lunch, drinks and buffet to get them in the room. What I want is an environment where reporters will be FALLING OVER THEMSELVES to beat the other guy to the punch and get a rock solid story out there. In that environment, there would be no stopping the truth coming out.

However, you can't get there from here, so to speak. Ufology has to do some SERIOUS housekeeping before that environment could ever be created. Until then, like I said we are all pissing in the wind.

People like you want to ignore the stereotype of a tin foil hat ufology nut, hoping it will go away on its own. Sorry, doesn't work that way. You either confront absurdity and ignorance head on or you end up getting identified by it. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Change the climate, change the world. Until then your pissing in the wind.

What do you think the point of these sorts of events are?

Books and events that are logical and sensible are what will change the "climate" as you put it. Laughing them off as debunkers like you do of course, won't do a thing to help. You do NOT wish this was the case — admit it, you love anything said that puts Ufology in a bad light.

Analogy of Debunkers

A fair analogy?
Do you know how a jigsaw puzzle has 4 sides? Even if the puzzle has only 2 pieces then 15 out of 16 times the puzzle pieces do not go together. But, one out of 16 times those two sides do line up and fit.

Debunkers are correct 15 out of 16 times. Fifteen out of sixteen times those pieces do not go together.

For some it would seem:
Reasonable Doubt = Debunked

don't worry, though. Debunkers are only right 15 out of 16 times ... or do the pieces fit?
skeptics? they want to be with the majority ...^ most of the time, i think.

me?

what do i know,
et

edit on 20-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: fix something

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
So when did Reuters become a trustworthy news agency?

It's one of the major wire services alongside AP and UPI. Point being it carries the press release to lots of newspapers/broadcasters and is considered reputable in mainstream culture. That is the significance.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is all disinfo. There are no aliens this is US government tech. Only a small faction of the US government is likely aware this is our technology though.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Just to be accurate, this is not a "press conference" per se -- It's a National Press Club seminar or luncheon.

It may not be a "press conference", but it will be an event featuring a group of people presenting information to an invited audience that will consist solely of credentialed members of the press and Capitol Hill staffers. I'm not sure what the accurate definition of a press conference is, but this seems pretty close. Maybe I'm way off, and a press conference isn't an event in which the press is presented with information.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Point being it carries the press release to lots of newspapers/broadcasters

Correction... Rueters carries releases from a lot of sources.

The source of this "article" is PR Newswire. What is PR Newswire? (Hint: starts with "PR")

Need to engage with your target audiences worldwide?
Want actionable feedback on the impact of your messages?

Then you need PR Newswire's industry-leading services, including:

promotions.prnewswire.com...

It ain't news.

SOURCE Former U.S. Air Force Officer Robert Salas, and Researcher Robert Hastings

www.prnewswire.com...

edit on 9/20/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If this is US governmnet technology that can actually knock out missiles--and I think some of it may very well be--then that raises the whole question of where they got it. Is is something they developed completely on their own or did they have "help"?

That leads back to the whole question of what Kelly Johnson, Ben Rich and other aerospace types have been saying over the years, that they did have some "help" from aliens--or at least were given alien technology to work with, starting some time in the 1950s.

Of course, trying to prove that by getting some records declassified would be an exercise in futility, wouldn't it? those records would be so secret that it would take someone like Daniel Ellsberg to have them ever see the light of day.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

My belief from reading a book called The Hunt for Zero Point by Nick cook - Non fiction, is that this is German technology. I also believe that the Germans were still active after the end of WWII and these were the first sitings in the US. I think German saucers were flying up and down North America between the north and south poles and South America. This is also what was responsible for the fly over of the Capitol and Roswell. And then in time we developed them ourselves soon after with the German scientists we had taken after the war.

I was led to this info because my dad had a close encounter with one of these craft in Washingotn state in the late 60's and it was identical to the craft Bob Lazar described and Billy Meier -- both of these guys were government disinfo agents. imo.

Bob Lazar has a company which sells dangerous science chemicals online. What a perfect cover for someone supressing super tech like antigrav and free energy or anitmatter power supplies.

As for governmet employees who claim this was developed with aid from aliens-- remember.. the real purpose of all this alien talk is to fool people within the government as much as it is to fool people like us. I think the government feeds this BS line to people like Ronald Reagan etc. That is where he got that line about a common foe. Keep in mind that when the US governemnt was developing the nuclear bomb the only people who knew were those directly involved an the presdient. After that I don't even think presdients got this info.

Also, after WWII when US soldiers mistook German tech for alien tech I think this is where we got the idea to claim it was alien.. and put it into action when we saw the German craft in the US at the end of the war - Roswell and over the capitol.

edit on 21-9-2010 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
S & F, great find!

I think Reuters IS a good news source and have been familiar with them for years. Better than our special interests, corporate bought & bribed media thats for sure. I'm wondering if it will be "cancelled" due to some factor or another or, it actually happens. Something to follow for sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by moarboar8907

The fact that the aliens can detect the location of the nuclear weapons site means that they have the capability of detecting the low density neutrino flux which the earthlings can not do at this moment of their scientific development.

Obviously the aliens know where those nuclear weapons stock pile sites are. They may even have the capability to detonate them by bypassing the due electronics circuit procedures which is a scary perspective because it means that those nuclear nations are in grave danger by having them in their country.

If you know what this means, you should realize that you are living at the mercy of their benevolence. If the aliens are really bad guys, none of us should be alive at the moment.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hasn't everyone realized this has already happened. This will be nothing new to our media and congress. It was done just before 9/11/2001 and everyone just dismissed this information. I do believe in UFO's being from out of this world. I am just not sure our media will do anything, there will be no pressure on government. Here is to hoping though.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
WOW

if this breaks properly and the press realizes the ratings potential -

Flag it up people!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

WHERE: National Press Club

I have a good friend who is a photographer for the National Press Club... I just sent him a message, I'll keep you all informed. Maybe he'll have some good behind the scene stories to tell.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Regardless of your political affiliation I urge you to go to:

www.drudgereport.com...

and post the link to the story where it says "SEND NEWS TIPS TO DRUDGE
[ANONYMITY GUARANTEED]". Like it or not Drudge gets a lot of hits and it is not uncommon for him to report on UFO sightings.

Link to the story:
www.reuters.com...

Also maybe add the above note in regards to drudge to your posts so it doesn't get lost in the thread. The more visibility the better IMO.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Your post was deleted because it only talked about another member and was not related to the thread's topic.

If you want it you can file a complaint that can be read by all moderators, super moderators and administrators.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join