It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Slayer,

Thank you for the threads. Star & Flag.

I have finally gotten through the information on both of these twice to make sure I understood everything. And I can't come up with a sensible question that you haven't covered. I was for many years chasing the Lemuria/Atlantis myths (Lemuria always fascinated me more, that's why I reversed the order), but due to life I stopped the chase of knowledge. Ya'll got me going agian. Living in SEA I am now looking at these from the Asian region and viewpoint. My sister in law also got the bug so we are going to hit the libraries and research. I will let you know what we find out.

Again, Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
S&F again absolutely superb

I've been following your narrative around the globe with google earth, I'd never even heard of Caral, Im hooked! Thank you for all the effort you've put into these threads.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I await P3 with relish.There are some odds and ends...
dont know if itss been mentioned the north sea also littlered with settlements down there...
It is still possible for atlantis to have existed, and there are other candidates The azores, and the ancient people of portugal...have a case....and speaking of case there is more to come in the bahamas if Edgar is to be believed....
Have you ever heard of early spanish explorers discovering a single electric light burning in a peruvian temple way back when?
Pictures of African species of animals on South American caves walls....
ah well, great read, and i am enjoying the tour immensely!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I have decided to redo part 3 in light of some new discoveries....

Stay tuned

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great work once again. I read a few books about Don Miguel Ruiz and in one of them be claimed the ancient Toltecs called the pyramid in Teotithuacan "where man becomes god". Be actually does some kind of spirit quest sort of thing there that be offers in the back of the book.
Any thoughts?
edit on 20-1-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I've heard that before. It is a great topic all on it's own.

The central American Indians had a proven history of building on-top of their pyramids slowly over time time creating larger and larger ones as each generation flourished.

Here we have one of the largest [I'll also mention the other one the Olmecs created which is largely still buried which is THE largest in central America] at the Earliest points in their history.

So if the proven history of building on top of existing pyramids is true. One could only imagine the true and still largely unknown history of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

excellent post..

Lower Ocean Levels & A Growing Earth could very much account for Man's early migratory paths

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

excellent post..

Lower Ocean Levels & A Growing Earth could very much account for Man's early migratory paths

Reeferman,

Put down the reefer, man.

The Earth isn't growing (of course.)

Harte
edit on 1/24/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

You made me laugh Harte. Somebody had to do it.

I actual like the expanding earth theory. I guess my member name explains my spacey mind.

A blond and a brunette are thrown off a bridge. Which one hits the ground first?
The brunette. The blond had to stop and ask for directions.

As a believer in the Noachian flood, the expanding earth model explains where all that water went.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Doing research on the scientific plausibility of Atlantis myself, I was wondering if you'd come across the concepts of 'post-glacial rebound' and/or 'proglacial lakes". Here are the links if you are unfamiliar with them:

Post-glacial rebound wiki
Proglacial lake wiki

Thought you might find them interesting and relevant to what you are trying to do with this thread. In particular, you would definitely arch an eyebrow over this bit from the post-glacial rebound wiki...

During deglaciation, the melted ice water returns to the oceans, thus sea level in the ocean increases again. However, geological records of sea level changes show that the redistribution of the melted ice water is not the same everywhere in the oceans. In other words, depending upon the location, the rise in sea level at a certain site may be more than that at another site. This is due to the gravitational attraction between the mass of the melted water and the other masses, such as remaining ice sheets, glaciers, water masses and mantle rocks[3] and the changes in centrifugal potential due to Earth's variable rotation.[12]

And, of course, the fun thing to know about proglacial lakes is that quite a few of them had failures of the dams that held them back resulting in massive and sudden floods. In fact, with several of the dams in question, they were made of glacial ice which collapsed and rebuilt itself several times(thus resulting in multiple flood events in the same region). A prime example of this is Glacial Lake Missoula.

Glacial lake outburst flood
Glacial Lake Missoula wiki

It really makes you wonder if something like Deucalion's Flood from Greek mythology might have been an actual event after all.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I am eagerly awaiting part 3.
edit on 2/5/2011 by Mad Simian because: typos, grammatical and syntax errors

edit on 2/5/2011 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad Simian

thank you for your reply and links.
I've seen them before. Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Well, I hope I didn't spoil anything in the upcoming part 3 by bringing it up. The last thing I wanted to do was to take the wind out of your proverbial sails.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad Simian

oh no, not at all.
I appreciate the reply and links. It's hard to maintain a stealthy approach to the topic when there have been and will be newer discoveries posted sometimes daily.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Many thanks Slayer,
All in all I must say your work in this area is absolutely brilliant and one of the most beneficial roads back through time on earth I have read. Well done for I feel this information and the way you have compiled it, will most definitely be of great benefit to humanity. It opens our mind to the fact that we are still living in a kind of Disneyland which stops us from becoming what we truly are. Undoubtedly many have intuitively have felt there is a lot of missing links,but it is always pleasant to see that represented in a down to earth manner. Even more importantly, it leaves less room for debate from those who wish to discredit the idea that intelligent life exists in many different times and spaces. Look forward to viewing your work in the future.
Best wishes

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Than you very much for taking the time to reply.
I've been stalling to post Part 3 because I re-re-wrote it now three times due to newer finds.
I'll probably post it this weekend.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by stirling

I have decided to redo part 3 in light of some new discoveries....

Stay tuned

coming soon?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting video related to the topic....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

gobekli tepe is a fascinating site that really does interest me thanks for posting

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting story making the rounds...

Scientists May Have Found Atlantis

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join