It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to occur next week..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Also, there is no word for 'rapture' in the Bible. The common misinterpretation comes from the Greek word "AER" (Similar to "Spirit") or "Ouranos"....followed by the phrase
"in the clouds"...though the word for 'clouds' is not literal as we know it (those white puffy things)...cloud can mean and most likely means "gathering" or "mass of"

The whole verse of Thessalonians 4:17 birthed the rapture theory. One verse in the whole bible, starting in the early 1800's, birthed a whole doctrine of "rapture".

I'll check back in 4 days and let you guys know if I see any people flying up in the AIR. If it does happen, I will be going to the nearest Air Force Base to steal any F series fighter jets. I'm thinking the keys will be in the ignition, and I always wanted to fly a jet.

Either that or I can have a pet Giraffe like I always wanted. Nobody will be around to tell me it's "illegal". How cool would that be?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Two asteroids may impact the earth this week btw
Thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe the rapture will come with a side serve of fire and brimstone?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Or Hezzbollah and Hamas will attack Israel. Tehran is pressuring both groups to launch attacks on Rosh Ha Shannah according to Debka.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As long as some nurses and docs are left so I can have this baby I'll be just fine.

And that website gave me a damn headache.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
www.2010rapture.org...

4 days remaining.

Although I don't believe it will occur this soon...
I do believe there will be 7 years tribulation before the return of Christ

Countdown to this being moved to the "Hoax" forum: 3 days remaining.

Charlatans have made epic bank over the past century or two by claiming they had some divine revelation that told them when the end would come, so why should it stop now? It's almost as if "prophet" and "profit" are intentional homophones.

People have been saying that it's about to happen for nearly 2000 years now. How about just living your life as a good person and not obsessing over when the end is coming?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As has already been said here, "The Rapture" is a modern concept...not a biblical one.

While I'm at it, the man we know today as Jesus was a man and just a man, he died along time ago and will not be coming back...ever.

Sadly, in 320 AD the philosophies that Jesus embodied were hijacked by the people who worshipped Sol Invictus...and they grafted their belief that Sol Invictus was the Son of God onto the story of Jesus and thereby corrupted his message of peace and love.

If you want to be a true Christian you need to re-discover his true message...this perhaps is the ONLY way that Jesus will return.

That said, for your consideration I give you this article by Drunvalo Melchizedek from his book The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life Volume 2. Could this be The Rapture from a scientific point of view?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.reformedonline.com...

Although the pretribulation rapture doctrine is very popular and is even considered so crucial to Christianity that it is made a test of a person’s orthodoxy in some denominations, Bible colleges and seminaries, the exegetical and theological arguments used by its advocates are all classic cases of forcing one’s theological presuppositions onto particular texts (eisegesis). The purpose of this brief study is to show that the pretribulation rapture theory is not plainly taught or directly stated in any place in Scripture, cannot be deduced from biblical teaching, contradicts the general teaching of the Bible regarding Christ’s second coming and was never taught in any branch of the church prior to 1830.

Tie rapture sells a lot of books, just look at the Left Behind series. The only rea$on it i$ taught i$ for control and money. You wanna go to heaven when the rapture comes? Well, then you gotta do as the minister says, run your life the way we tell you to.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
All my life I have done spiritual battle with diseased souls, and fought with passive tools like kindness and forgiveness.I have had to tread down my every instinct to destroy and kill the great enemy's emmisaries on this earth, even when I have been within killing distance. It has been difficult, and fustrating.
I want my God to allow me a measure of his vengance, so that I can finaly take up weapons more immediate and visceral against the great enemy, so that I can crush ,rend and maim the hellspawn in the name of heaven. I would rather God made me a weapon of war than an observer and a pacifist.

Proverbs 6:16-19
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Those bolded bits might be why He wouldn't see you as fit to do His work for Him. Your pride being chief among them.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I read a little about the rapture and one thing that keeps coming back about it is this. NOBODY knows when it will happen. So just by posting that message you fail. No one can predict the rapture and that's IF you believe in this.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was building the back wall up and after lifting a rather
large boulder, I do believe the Rupture may of happened
THIS week.
I have also suffered with asteroids for many weeks and
so all this is starting to make sense.
As long as I don'y have to sit anywhere damp.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny
[more The Last Trump at Yom Teruah will be the awakening blast...followed later at Yom Kippor, by the Great Trump, the call of assembly before the Most High... I doubt He will be taking requests.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
[more The Last Trump at Yom Teruah will be the awakening blast...followed later at Yom Kippor, by the Great Trump, the call of assembly before the Most High... I doubt He will be taking requests.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Maybe God will at least wait until saturday so everyone gets a chance to watch the miami-osu game.

GO CANES

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Oh hell no!!! I have waited all summer for this...lol
Seriously though..Once again I have 9-11 on my calender as Tribulation begins thru March 2014. Once Again I didnt write where I heard it..lol Damnit! I have never seen the site the og poster has so it wasnt from there.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by inval

I'll be at the game myself, and can't wait to see OSU beat Thug U!

I do not believe in any of this crap and can't believe how gullible some people are.

The rapture will not happen this weekend people, but next weekend. You guys can thank me later, I just bought you an extra week.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think I can safely promise that the Rapture won't take place.
That kind of detailed time-prediction is the wrong approach to interpreting Revelation.

For a better approach, I suggest the threads in my profile.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorwood
Rapture=Marshall amp that goes to 11

I am not a very willing Christian either but AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I think I have more chances to win the lotto in the next 4 days or seven years than been "raptured" away.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Don't leave Jim behind either!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hey Marg,

I Raptured a part of my male anatomy once.

And it did feel like the end of the world.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join