It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to occur next week..

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I am a Christian, but I tell you this. If there is rapture, then I for one hope that I am left out from that. I dont want to ride out the apocalypse safe and happy while the rest of humanity gets shredded by its own hatred. I want to be here, I want to bare witness, and I want to get elbow deep in the guts of deamons.
I have no respect for those who would rather cower under the wings of angels, than face the deamons of hell and march over thier broken skulls. All my life I have done spiritual battle with diseased souls, and fought with passive tools like kindness and forgiveness.I have had to tread down my every instinct to destroy and kill the great enemy's emmisaries on this earth, even when I have been within killing distance. It has been difficult, and fustrating.
I want my God to allow me a measure of his vengance, so that I can finaly take up weapons more immediate and visceral against the great enemy, so that I can crush ,rend and maim the hellspawn in the name of heaven. I would rather God made me a weapon of war than an observer and a pacifist.

Sorry, I am afraid I hear selfish arrogance in your tone. God has said, "vengence is mine..." Leave it alone.

Be a witness of good. Stand against evil. Win the lost, while there is still time. God will be God. You need to just do what he requested of you. Don't worry you'll get to see more distruction than you care to witness. Get ready for Tribulation, not Rapture.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
According to the dictionary, rapture stands for ecstasy (state of mind, not the drug) and bliss.

So I can't wait 'till next week

-v

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

First, I agree , I agree mere mortals arent meant to win this war. But I am more than mortal flesh and bone, I have a spirit, a soul. These things are in the care of the creator and beyond the touch of evil. If my body burns I couldnt care less, if my bones are stripped of flesh then thats no loss. My spirit will carry on, for it is eternal.
Besides which, who are you to tell me what I am capable of? You have no idea who I am , or what I have had to do in my life. I have spent decades planning for the end, preparing myself for what may come. Unlike some ill educated lackwits, I havent allied myself with the father of lies just for some pathetic gain during the tribulations, nor have I bargained with hell with my soul as collateral. My soul belongs to God, and if you do not understand the import of that, then you yourself are hideously under informed, and ill prepared for the future.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH again

How many times this year has that been now?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I find it strange that a desire to destroy cursed things from hell makes me arrogant. Explain how it is selfish to go to battle , when I could be safe and totaly unexposed to danger? What kind of logic is that?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The feast of Trumpets is the one feast no one knows which day it will be.

What it actually says is a little different, but significantly so:

Mark 13:32 (KJV) — But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

It does not say "shall not know" the month or year but do not know (present tense) the day or hour. This phrase is actually the Hebrew idiom for the "Feast that no man knows the day or hour", that is, "Yom Teruah" / "Feast of Trumpets/Shouting". This is the only feast day that you do not know in advance exactly when it is going to start because it happens on the day of the new visible crescent moon of the 7th month.

www.escapeallthesethings.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
just letting ya'll know the score for predicting since the Puritan Cotton Mather inserted the rapture into the bible... 0 to 9, no rapture is leading, no outs, bases are loaded, Sept 11 is up to bat.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH again

How many times this year has that been now?

You think it's bad now? Wait until next year and then 2012. It's going to be unreal.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
www.2010rapture.org...

I do believe there will be 7 years tribulation before the return of Christ

Ha funny you mention that. According to the hopi prophecies with the blue star kachina, comet Holmes appeared in 2007 and it doesn't return for another 7 years which will be 2014. They call this period the purification period. Because that event signified that we entered the 5th world.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ahahahahahahahaha!

The rapture is a Christian fairytale.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Most rediculous thing ever posted! There is NO biblical reference to a "rapture" This idea came from a mans imagination. So all of you that are packing up to go I am afraid you will be very disappointed.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Most rediculous thing ever posted! There is NO biblical reference to a "rapture" This idea came from a mans imagination. So all of you that are packing up to go I am afraid you will be very disappointed.

I often find it quite fascinating that religious followers completely disregard that what they read is FAR FROM the word of any God. Any original text has been translated a thousand times, rewritten to suit those in power a thousand times, watered down or exaggerated to highlight social opinions of the time... a thousand times.

I hope we can keep this thread live long after the supposed deadline, just so we can come back in here and point out the ludicrous expectations of some deluded individuals.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I often find it quite fascinating that religious followers completely disregard that what they read is FAR FROM the word of any God. Any original text has been translated a thousand times, rewritten to suit those in power a thousand times, watered down or exaggerated to highlight social opinions of the time... a thousand times.

I hope we can keep this thread live long after the supposed deadline, just so we can come back in here and point out the ludicrous expectations of some deluded individuals.

Don't you think, if you were GOD and you said your word should be listened to, you would have the ability to make the current version "the word of GOD"?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Shhhh... don't mention it aloud, just let them go *nods* Its for the best heh. If they are that "die hard" and set on that way, let them go. (not against all christians but the crazy ones).

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choiseul
reply to post by gem_man

Shhhh... don't mention it aloud, just let them go *nods* Its for the best heh. If they are that "die hard" and set on that way, let them go. (not against all christians but the crazy ones).

Perhaps -- man's imagination comes from GOD!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by gem_man

I agree 100% (had to give a star)
Even if you remove the human agendas, we humans can't even repeat a story without stretching the truth.

What I find so hypocritical is that God supposedly specifically told us not to try to figure out when the end is, so that's what people do.

[slightly off topic]
I do about 75% of what I do for the elderly, and I usually hear how Obama has ruined our nation from the same folks that push the bible, and not the open minders.

Had one of those whack jobs for a customer yesterday. She is shoving it down my throat at 100 mph. I'm trying to be nice and tell her I have doubt (she had no idea how much :lol
and she tells me everyone has doubt including her. Then when I told her she was agnostic in my mind, cause of her doubt, she just sat there thinking. It was priceless.

Yesterday afternoon her greasy headed, mustache sportin', chubby, 50yr old son (who lives at home with his mom) starts trying to get me to switch to his food. I tell him I don't have an ounce of fat on me, and eat like a horse. I told him I ride about 35 miles a day, and that his diet would not sustain my calorie requirements. Then the slob starts telling me how the bible says we humans should live to 120 years. I told him that there is another fine example of the flaws in the book. I go on to tell him the carcinogens are airborne, and you can't avoid the cancer, yet the sloppy guy thinks if he eats organic, he will live for 120 years.
Looking at the two of us side by side, and him telling me how to eat, was a little crazy. I had the urge to tell him he is a delusional idiot, but since he is the customers son he gets the "light" version of me. Still, I would have rather choked him out than listen to another word of it. I feel people should not be pushing their BS on me just cause they have a captive audience, so I feel like I gotta push back enough for them to get that.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by SLaPPiE]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
What's it like going through life hating the fact that you are human, believing you are inherently inferior and believing in an invisible man?

Amazing to think some people find virtue in that.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I was almost raptured this morning but I fought it off. I don't want to miss out on the action either.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"Some say the end is near.....

some say we'll see Armageddon sooooooon.....

I certainly hope we will...

I sure could use a vacation from this bulll.......

S**T........

Three.....riiiiiing......

Ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrcus......siiiiiiide......shoowww....of FREAKS..

LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM LEARN TO SWIM!!!!!"

-Maynard

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
[edit on 7-9-2010 by rajaten]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join