It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are People Waking Up or are They Just Being Reprogrammed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Many of us have been programmed to believe violent regime change that kills millions is benevolent because it's presumed our style of government will then be either imposed or chosen by the conquered.

Some would say you have to be cruel to be kind, but do we really have to be?

No we really don't have to be cruel, that begs the question why and when did this start, it seems it has always been with us, in our ancient history all we hear about is divide and conquer which is always achieved by violence and death, so who are our controllers? Do they hand pick people through the ages to carry out their plan?

Seems we always have more questions then answers.

This is a good question, one I doubt anyone could really answer.

Even when man was a tribal creature there was a certain amount of cruelty involved, where during the scarce winter months or times of famine and drought the old and the sick were often left to starve so the young and the healthy could survive.

We have reached an age where for the most part man has mastered everything there is to master but just this past summer one camper got eaten by a bear at Yellow Stone and another badly mauled, and yet another seriously injured.

Our relation to nature and in nature has become somewhat distorted through our use of technology and cooperative efforts.

So I can't say it was when tribal life began to be edged up by city dwelling, and while cities with fixed fortifications seemed to offer the promise of more security, sometimes who is on this side of the wall with you is as dangerous as who is on the other side of the wall you are trying to protect ourselves from.

Indeed many of us are our own worst enemies, I do believe I am my own worst enemy as well as my best friend.

Part of the duality of the human mind, and that uncertainty of which to favor or listen to at any given moment.

Because none of us seem to be fully aware of the true and exact nature of our existence and relationship to the universe all of us feel different shades of insecurity as a result, as dangers still continue to abound from our own inherent ignorance.

Yet getting back to the duality of our own minds, that uncertainty that having two minds sharing one body creates, is also what makes us so ideal for manipulation, because the divisions within our selves can be so easily manipulated and hell on daiseys, does she love me, does she love me not, does she love me, does she love me not.

The universe might never be safe for daiseys or humans, but I think it is possible to eliminate excessive cruelty carried out under the guise of the 'right' thing.

Having said all that, I don't know the answer to your question, or even if there is one.

ATTENTION: All members of ATS Proto has just admitted to not knowing something and to having no answer for something.

Let us all take a moment to bow our heads and reflect on this first of its kind on ATS event.

Conversely they say if you live long enough you will see everything.

Great Question.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

ATTENTION: All members of ATS Proto has just admitted to not knowing something and to having no answer for something.

No problem Proto, your post was still food for thought as they always are, not your fault that there are unknowns, the fact is if we knew it all we wouldn't be on ATS discussing it now would we.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Oh what tangled webs we weave.

An awakened person is someone who knows they know nothing at all.

I can agree with this statement...almost, as it's a catch 22, if you know you know nothing at all, then you know at least that one thing.

That one thing being something, which then negates the entire premise.

Which then brings us to the constant divisions that make up our known universe, in order to know that one thing, that we know nothing, we have to not know something else in order to at least know that, which means there is something else, and if there is something else then it invites us to know it and understand it.

Since we can't understand it we have to invent something else to then explain the thing we can't understand.

Since that makes no sense either, since the only thing we understand is we understand nothing, then we must make up yet another thing to make sense of that invention, and so on and so forth, layer after layer, making one complex story/lie/explanation after another.

This is in many ways the chaos our universe is born out of, there can not be one without another, and there can be no other without one, but there can be no one without the other, and I can keep repeating this until I make myself ill and fade out of existence.

So now we have to ask two important questions, is anyone out there watching something on TV that they are really going to be bummed if I end the universe right now in this fashion, and if so what is it you are watching, maybe I will watch it too!

So here is the question, are the Powers that Be, in essence trying to make sure we never understand that basic concept, because should we do so, there will be no more TV!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yes, to me not a day goes past where I don't learn something I didn't know before.. no matter how small it may seem to the big picture.

If we could all aspire to this it's breathtaking to imagine what we might accomplish, however for the most part we can only learn what is made available to us to learn.

We can only make choices from the choices presented to us.

They say when a pupil is ready a Master will appear, but alas, does that Master teach us then for his benefit, our own or both.

That's the troubling question.

Are the Masters of those who imagine they are awake, teaching them to an ends that they are entirely unaware of until they get to that final lesson and school is out?

Our we awake or are we being reprogrammed.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
DAVID ICKE-MIND PROGRAMMING,BRAINWASHING AND MASS HYPNOSIS

David Icke is by far not one my favorite people but he explains it very well in this video.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yet to what end?

That is the $64,000.00 question, those who believe 2012 will change everything and all of sudden we will all be enlightened, not buying that, it's a work in progress and if we don't hurry up we will destroy ourselves. I don't think anyone is going to help us, no creative intelligence, aliens or anyone else, if we don't help ourselves that will be our doom.

Speaking of helping ourselves, that is not what the powers that be want us to do, not in their plan.

I think the Powers that Be have definately siezed on the 2012 concept as a date that they can use to effect change.

I remember when I first heard about the Mayan Calendar back in 1983 there was not particular theory.

It was just an oddity and relic mostly in relation to the fact that no one seemed to understand the difference between the Long Count and the Short Count systems and the two different calendars.

It was assumed that the short count might be for another planet and it might signify a return of some extra terrestrial race that had seeded us.

Since then it's slowly taken on a life of it's own.

The Powers that Be main goal where the general populace has always been the same, how to keep us from harming them.

How to keep us accepting of their rule.

How to keep us divided and at war with one another to that end.

Yet the powers that be would prefer no doubt uniform, docile compliant slaves that they didn't have to keep at war with one another by tossing the equivalent of a half a dozen bananas to a dozen hungry people.

Is technology nearing the point or at the point where we can be programmed to be those docile slaves of one mind, that they don't have to then longer keep dreaming up ways to keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves, for their own protection.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
People are waking up just in time to be lulled into an even deeper and longer lasting sleep.

No reprogramming required, people are hardwired to be apathetic, gullible and easily manipulated.

I wonder this too, are we just being raised to a new different level, where a new status quo is going to be foisted on us, and then just submit to it as history shows the general population usually does?

I am 30, I hung out with a bunch of 20 year olds last night and I noticed things that
bothered me. Namely the amount of time everyone spent on the phone, as if everyone
did not appreciate the social nature of the gathering. There was a real disconnect
going on there, people who allegedly knew eachother for many years did not know how to entertain themselves or explore the elasticity of the youthful mind in any reasonable fashion. It seemed like the reason for the gathering was to sit in proxy, for the sake of being in eachother presence. I assume humans are designed to gather to seek intimate
interaction... However when given the choice these "kids" chose virtual stimulation...

Is this a consequence of our technology or part of a plan?

whatever the case reprogramming is happening in many ways

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

It not just twenty year olds, it's everyone with a cell phone these days, I told a friend of mine recently I wouldn't go out to dinner with her any more if she brought her cell phone, she would sit there talk to who ever, she hasn't called me since but she will get over it, the cell phone has caused nothing but rudeness.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

This is a very interesting question on several levels. First the disconnect. I have actually seen young people who are in each other's physical presence text message each other on their phones rather than converse.

It's not uncommon to see a crowd of 4 or more young people walking somewhere together or sitting somewhere and each be on the phone with one or sometimes even two more people.

It is as the vitrual family, the digitized family is replacing the corporal familiar unit.

In part this is to include even a larger group into awareness of what the sub group is doing. We are all walking to the store, sue, amy, and tina are here too, blah, blah.

Yet what we have seen in the digital and internet environment there is less social pressure to be truthful, Proto is six feet six, and blonde with blue eyes, and can bench press 600 pounds one handed. If you don't believe me you are a _________ and ___________ and a ___________.

So we are definately loosing manners, and an ability to be civil with one another and show empathy for and towards one another as a result of the disconnect.

In many ways we are all being wired together, and once again it's all our own idea, convenience, entertainment, knowledge, excitement, yet who controls the technology that wires us all together, and are we weakening ourselves in so much that we reveal, or strengthinging ourselves, are we dividing ourselves further, or uniting ourselves greater?

All the while we are subjecting ourselves to a increasingly sophisticated world of wireless electronics, and electical fields and impulses, that might be pulsing a lot more than we know.

On a few different occassions just to see what would happen, I turned all the electricity off in my house before going to bed at night at the junction box.

So there would be no electronic noise or emmissions surrounding me while I slept.

My dreams were unreal, and I don't even want to get into some of the things I heard while falling asleep.

There is in fact so much external noise around us in the way of electronics and traffic that we don't even hear everything that is being subconciously recieved from even more distant and unknown sources.

Shut off all your electronics one night and I gaurantee you that you will find it concerning.

Great post.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am definitely sick off being told to wake up!
I'm even sicker of being told to wake up and then getting the whole resistance is futile speech about how TPTB have us thwarted on every front,so we can wake up but we can't fight them

So stay asleep if all that being awake is going to do is make it so you can see the juggernaut approach but still can't get out of the way

in short if all you have to bring to the table is doom and despair what's the point of waking up at all

wakeup and then do something to ruin TPTBs day or stay asleep

but let's all stop with the wakeup nonsense

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I can relate Proto when I lost my power for 28 hours in July, when it got surrreal was later at night when things got very quiet, I also remember having dreams, not that they were so strange but the fact that I remembered them so clearly.

I did hear all kinds of things that I wasn't normally aware of, I have a battery powered radio but didn't turn it on when I went to bed. It didn't bother me, will have to admit I missed my PC a little, but looked at this way, when I go on a trip for a few days I don't uaually don't have access to a computer and that doesn't bother me.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I am definitely sick off being told to wake up!
I'm even sicker of being told to wake up and then getting the whole resistance is futile speech about how TPTB have us thwarted on every front,so we can wake up but we can't fight them

So stay asleep if all that being awake is going to do is make it so you can see the juggernaut approach but still can't get out of the way

in short if all you have to bring to the table is doom and despair what's the point of waking up at all

wakeup and then do something to ruin TPTBs day or stay asleep

but let's all stop with the wakeup nonsense

I agree the pessimism of some and their abject resignation to being pawns and slaves to powerful forces is disconcerting.

Many people believe in hope and want to believe in hope, but very few people believe in themselves or their own individual inherent power to make a difference or the collective power of coupling with others to do so.

I watched a Mel Gibson Movie the Edge of Darkness for the first time last night where he played a Boston Massachusetts police officer, and it was a conspiracy movie set in the Boston area, featuring a corrupt military industrial company manufacturing dirty bombs with foreign components for the CIA to give to Jihadist Terror Cells all overseen by a powerful United States Senator with a very black CIA operative given the discretion and latitude to keep the conspiracy from going public by what ever means necessary.

What was hysterical is a running joke developed between the main characters where they would muse in the most benign of circumstances that “Everything in Massachusetts is illegal!”

Part of the problem that robs some people of hope is the fact that well, practically everything is illegal, with over 600,000 laws and codes on the books that regulate every aspect of our existence the only real liberty we have left is to listen to the government and the political pundits and the I love America, Mom and Apple Pie crowd that we have freedom and more freedoms than any other nation on earth.

The truth is we are so boxed in by the law, that those who don’t want to run afoul of it have very limited options but to go along with a corrupt system that is stacked against them in every conceivable way.

We could all do little things, take our money out of banks, stop buying things on credit, stop buying foreign made goods, walk and ride bicycles more and stop being so dependent on oil, yet most people just won’t believe that doing those little things that they could do, would make a difference or if that it could even possibly be in their interest to do so.

Our present programming really teaches us to be followers not leaders, to be compliant, not to be defiant, and the politically correct culture constantly reinforces that.

In essence what you are saying is it does little good to be awake for a nightmare if you aren’t prepared to do something, anything to stop it.

There are lots of things we can and could all be doing that aren’t illegal yet, we seem to have collectively lost all common sense and collectively become our own worst enemies in my humble opinion.

Even the ‘awake’ who presumably would know better, I am one of the few people who actually practices what I preach in regards to these things, and I am assailed for it as often as I am lauded for it.

What is causing all the pessimism? Is there something involved subliminally, in electronic transmissions, or in food stocks, or the water, or even the air that has caused people to basically give up hope?

I don’t know, I do know though that information is only as valuable as the ways you employ it and use it.

Those who really are awake need to use that information to the betterment of the situation, and not just simply talk about it while patting themselves on the back and deriding others for not being awake.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yet the powers that be would prefer no doubt uniform, docile compliant slaves that they didn't have to keep at war with one another by tossing the equivalent of a half a dozen bananas to a dozen hungry people.

Is technology nearing the point or at the point where we can be programmed to be those docile slaves of one mind, that they don't have to then longer keep dreaming up ways to keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves, for their own protection.

In order for this to come to fruition there would most certainly have to be a thinning of the herd.

And in so doing, they would certainly be careful how they pick and choose the new crop.

There are certain corporations buying up large acreages in remote isolated places. Perhaps they will take their small bands of crops and start new Gardens of Eden after the population is down to a manageable size. Perhaps these new crops will not even be aware of the technology that exists. Then TPTB can use these technologies to control the new innocent generation with all the attributes of Gods. Maybe this has happened before and is doomed to keep repeating on this planet.

Maybe this is why we find so much disturbing evidence of lost civilizations that had sophistication beyond the primitive ape-people we have been led to imagine were in existence. Perhaps this could answer why archeologists have discovered traces of what appears to have been civilizations killed by nuclear explosions. Maybe this is why secret societies have secrets and why professional associations must be tight lipped about "discoveries".

Perhaps, when the crowds are down to the Guidestone recommendations, the cruelty will end and whatever powers are in place will at least appear to be benevolent for a time.

Imagine how convincing TP will be when they can know everything you do because satellites are in place to watch your every move. Imagine how awed the ignorant children will be when TP appear as angels through holography.

Control will be much easier with advanced technology and small crowds in strategic locations, away from the aftermath of whatever destruction they have planned for civilization.

Edit to add:
just some odd word associations...

hologram....holo....halo.....holoed be thy name....holy....hologram

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Isn’t the hardest thing to change a core belief? A set mind? I think those at the helm have done a masterful job of cementing firm belief structures on the whole and then exploiting it for the good ol’ divide and conquer tactic. How well we do on an individual level is up to us.

I tend to think “awake” is a dangerous term; I’ve admittedly used it myself, but have recently come to avoid that label. And I have debated if it’s more of an ego-thing: elevating oneself to somehow knowing or understanding the veiled more profoundly than someone else? A dangerous assumption, and, I would offer, an arrogant label to assign oneself. I say this because in my personal experience the tighter I cling (or have clung) to a belief structure the option of seeing something in a truly different light all but evaporates. Exposure to information doesn’t necessarily equal the understanding of it. I personally try very hard not hold anything as absolute and unchangeable truth.

We are the one species that have instinct bred right out of us. Finding that balance between rational thought and gut instinct is a daily battle. Programming is something else completely. I’ve never heard of Silent Sound Spread Spectrum before, but I think the move to convert everyone to digital smacks of something brewing. But I never stop questioning, and I don’t think anyone else should either. Question everything and do it more! Especially when you’re certain you think you ‘know.’ I agree with Dagar.

I think people are so tired just trying to make it in the world, whatever spare time there is after working, paying the bills, etc., a little mindless entertainment is a welcome respite. This is quite by design, imo. Mindless drivel like reality television annoys me and I avoid it. But it’s not what concerns me: what concerns me is when I see the more “out-there” topics like ‘what-if a comet hit the planet?’ doomsday-type shows and 2012 showing up with more and more frequency. They’re jam-packed with fear. They address 2012 with, at the very least musings, at worst a blatant tone of ridicule and wild speculation. But whatever form it manifests it’s in gaining in both exposure and momentum. And, ALWAYS the fear element. I would even venture that it’s desensitization more than distraction. I haven’t decided whether I think it’s a full-on assault or something more anesthetizing.

I’m leaning more toward the notion that it’s an planned experiment with global consciousness, that is, getting people so stressed out about and divided over what 2012 actually is they’re inevitably affecting the outcome. What’s going to happen? Is anything going to happen? is tampered with in some subtle and some not-so-subtle ways. You are now hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn’t at least been exposed to that date by some form or another. They’re steering us to that date as a point of focus. For fear? For docile acceptance? The power of suggestion is taking root in the collective mindset, at any rate. Something’s going to happen whether there is foreknowledge of something on a greater cosmic level or it’s manufactured by those in the know I haven’t yet made up my mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think we are always being programmed by something or someone, the trick is to avoid what you see as the most harmful.

We still have the choice of right or wrong.

As far as being AWAKE, I think we awaken in stages as we progress through life.

This site has Awakened me for sure, and this thread is an excellent example, the more knowledge....the more awake you are.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auntie Matter
I tend to think “awake” is a dangerous term; I’ve admittedly used it myself, but have recently come to avoid that label. And I have debated if it’s more of an ego-thing: elevating oneself to somehow knowing or understanding the veiled more profoundly than someone else? A dangerous assumption, and, I would offer, an arrogant label to assign oneself. I say this because in my personal experience the tighter I cling (or have clung) to a belief structure the option of seeing something in a truly different light all but evaporates. Exposure to information doesn’t necessarily equal the understanding of it. I personally try very hard not hold anything as absolute and unchangeable truth.

Doesn't it scare you to think that is exactly what the powers that be want, to make you scared of waking up or asking too many questions, if that is true then they have won. I personally want to be awake, maybe the truth won't set us free but it's a start.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by p51mustang

Bingo.

You hit the nail squarely on the head.

"They" are one step ahead of us.

I wonder if there is a way for us to ever get one step ahead of them?

Or is that impossible since the powers that be are always driving events?

The Internet IS getting ahead of them.. IMO TPTB are rushed and getting sloppy, and people are learning...at the lightspeed of the net. and starting to not go along to git along any more.

LIES always recoil upon the person who utters them, especially upon those who profit by them. -- when they are found out!

This is the event horizon of the Apocalypse.
Just keep pushing the truth out.

Seataka
"I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake"

[edit on 6-9-2010 by seataka]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think Auntie Matter is right about us being inundated with fear

I have actually come out the other end as fairly fearless and contemptuous the opposite I am sure of the product TPTB are trying to produce

it's going to happen more and more we're just going to become so sick of being afraid we'll get brave and then we'll start calling their bluff are you really going to throw me in jail for saying meep?

Ive come to a conclusion that I can challenge anyone except a cop should I be stopped... but anyone else hey it's always worth shot,if you challenge them they have to prove they have the right,I'll bet anything most of the time they wo'nt think it 's worth it

then come on ATS and post I challenged the Bureaucracy and overcame
or I challenged a corporate taking and won . we need to hear these things

l

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auntie Matter

Doesn't it scare you to think that is exactly what the powers that be want, to make you scared of waking up or asking too many questions, if that is true then they have won. I personally want to be awake, maybe the truth won't set us free but it's a start.

No. *smiles* I think it's a matter of semantics; I am most decidedly a questioning individual, about everything! "They" have not won, as far as I'm concerned. I thought I made that abundantly clear.

To elaborate: the more I learn, the more I discover I really don't know what lies behind it all. "Truth" changes for me. I've had a complete paradigm shift in the last few years. But I always end up with more questions. What compels me is what is behind it ALL. That is to say, the religious, the political, the financial constraints that are placed upon us as a society are clearly evident to me, But I wonder what, besides power of course, is the motivating factor. I can't wrap my head around power unto its self for no greater purpose whether for positive or negative ends.

The more I know the less I know. Does that make sense? I have zero fear about asking questions or examining the underlying roots of things. The answers I find lead me to more questions. But I love that.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Auntie Matter

I guess that is what confused me about your post, the questioning, I also question everything and by doing so and looking for the answers it awakens me more and more, I agree it can be scary but what is the point of asking the questions if you don't want the answers, just my take on it. I choose not to live in fear.

Thank you for your reply.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join