It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you're in your mid-twenties, you're going through that true and final transition into adulthood, where everyone settles into their responsibilities and disappears. Suddenly you wake up and you're thinking, where did everybody go?

But listen, I don't have any friends either. I have a couple, who live very far away from me. We email and talk on the phone. If I had a job I'd visit them but I'm unemployed. I'm isolated. But I don't consider myself a loser. Neither are you.
Friends, unless they're the rare kind that truly understand you, can be a bothersome burden. Also, friends come and go. People come into our lives at certain points for a reason, and you both get what you need from each other and at some point move on. I'm serious that it's a very rare person who will be your friend your entire life.

I get the impression that you might be a writer? If you are, read Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird. It will help.

But whatever your idea is you should be focusing on that 100%. The other pieces of life tend to fall together when you're not worrying about them.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

I don't know what you are talking about -- all I know is the OP is clever and caught a lot of stiffs with his clever thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

without a home

And on my walk home

lol

friends are people who you have in order to repeat your dishonesty.

eg. "im sorry, i didnt mean too do that.. were still friends right?"

friends come and go.

real people support others to stop the bull#.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra5000

Can't believe he caught you also!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by Dr Slim

I don't know what you are talking about -- all I know is the OP is clever and caught a lot of stiffs with his clever thread.

maybe he did, or maybe he's quite quirky fella and is being serious
either way, theres no need to look down on the people who have fallen for his trap (or maybe not
)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Whether the OP is for real or not, the issue does need to be addressed here in America as well as around the world.

It doesn't help to 'identifiy' yourself as.....'a loser'.
If you feel this way about yourself, you will communicate this about yourself whether you are conscious of it or not.

Your body language, your speech, your eyes, your dress, your walk, your stance, your energy etc. will all reflect this about you as you carry on your way in your bleak 'existence'. People will 'naturally' gravitate away from you while you are in 'this'.....mode.

It would help to examine the events that took place in your life that made you feel this way about yourself. Practice meditation. Listen to 'positive' music, create 'your' own environment like a personal cocoon. Focus on who 'you' are that which makes 'you' unique in the world about you. Many entrap themselves in who they 'were' and can cannot climb out of their past. You are Not who you were, though hopefully are a much wiser and experienced Being.....In creation.

First, it would help to come to the realization that here in America, you find yourself in a consumer driven, materialistic society where one's image is deemed more important than who one Is. Many deny the 'self' only to walk the path they have been instructed to walk; To toe the line of 'another' while denying the "I" of it all.

First you need to find yourself first, then the world will acknowledge you for who you are and what 'you' have to offer. Sometimes folks go through periods in their life where they are meant to get themselves alone so they may discover who they are and where they are meant to be, what they are meant to do.

Personally, there are only a 'few' people I would even want to be friends with though I do love folks for who they are.....inside (their pOtentials which often go untapped). I have a few good friends myself including my wife. If you have too many 'friends', which are often acquaintances, they are more likely to become a distraction, a nuisance.

You must first learn to love and respect yourself before 'others' can be able to oblige you.

The main problem with society 'as is' is the people have been divided and conquered on so many levels so that they may be 'controlled' for another's agenda. Jerry Springer (a sadist) is one of the worst examples that comes to mind. He is a 'dispicable' example of human waste who would rather revel in the destruction of One, than lend a hand.

Once one is cognizant and aware of the conspiracies around them to divide and conquer the masses, they are more apt to realize just how they have become a victim of it. The msm is 'not' your friend, Friend.

I don't believe the flokes in folkland have a clue what is really going on behind the curtain though the Awareness/Disclosure process is in motion and cannot be reversed therefor don't give up, the time is near.

Most are unaware that presidents, prime ministers and most 'royal' folk alike are not aware of what is 'really' going on. MJ12 has a clue though this information is on a 'need to know' basis for.....No Good Reason. This Is changing at this very time. Hold on.....though keep an Open mind. It will be necessary in the near future.

I try to help others when I come in contact with them if I can. A simple smile, a kind word or gesture, an acknowledgement that they exist and have meaning in this world can go a long way. It just may save their life.

This is a vast topic in and of itself while I struggle to be brief.

Hang on there buddy, the world 'Is' a changing though the 'storms' have just begun.

Learn to identify that which is unique about you. Every being is possessed with Gifts from the Creator, though unfortunately, many go to their graves without having their gifts 'opened'. I see it all the time. I see much potential in all I meet and it deeply saddens me to see the 'pain' in the lives of so many people who know Not themselves or where/how they 'fit' in the world about them. I try to help when I can, especially with those in my inner circle of influence.

I don't let 'society' get me down though, I try to just Do My Own Thing and let the rest, fall where it may. I try to surround myself with 'loved' ones whom truly know me for who 'I' am. That is m'I' choice.

Most Follow.
They suffer 'daily' for this on many levels, by design.
You seA?

When you help another on their path, you help yourself at the same time. Every 'action' has a reaction. Be a 'positive' Action and the world will be that much better in the End. We truly do create reality, every second of every day. When on gets that warm, glowing feeling inside, That is the confirmation you need that you are in the Right. You Will be rewarded for treating your neighbor as your Brother. Your health, both mental and physical will reflect this and your life will be 'extended'.

The sense of 'touch' is very, very important. I'm always touching the ladies when I can. Female energy empowers me by Design and vice versa. Massages are wUndaful for one's Being especially if they are performed with 'Good' intent.

I am exactly where I am supposed to me at this very moment though more importantly know where I am going; Each in it's own time. It helps to have a Vision for yourself though not to rush things. Let it flow, naturally. Don't fight your River, if you know what I mean?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OP seems toi be doing some type of study. I'm pretty sure no one would star
my post accept him. Threads like this give me the creeps.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

... a bunch of equally lonely people attempting to do the Good Samaritan thing by giving this guy advice. Each one trying to outdo the other over how much good advice he or she can give whilst being so nice their avatar should be on the cover of every thank you card on earth.

PS, why did I not get the memo about ATS starting up a lonely hearts forum.

I really think the OP is a writer just testing his/her strengths. Don't take it too personally. Besides, isn't it nice to know that so many people want to help? See, even individualistic, conspiracy-minded people still have compassion beating in their hearts. Or perhaps this proves that the typical loners are actually more compassionate than your average person.

But you're right about the flags. I've read Prophet's other threads and I'll say it again, I think he's just a twenties-something trying to figure out his writing style.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

May I suggest that you go to Church -- they cover this problem.

Also, please comment on a thread I have started:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i know how u feel only friends i got is my mom and my fiance 2 people thats how i can trust if these 2 people wouldn't be around id be alone for a long time

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I understand where you are coming from. About a year ago I had a serious awakening and realized that most everyone I knew were 'aquaintances' There wasn't anyone I could bounce off my understandings, ideas or discoveries. I also feel alone and I am doing what I can to keep myself as alive and as comfortable as possible.
My solution was to get involved with groups that are into sustainability to at the least maybe find someone who has more of a vision of life than 'dancing with the stars'.
I also decided to run a small business to meet anybody that relates to my ideas.
Also I have tried to return to old 'friends' as I am also isolated and far from all family as well.
I think if you share your thoughts on this site , you will find that most are into more serious subjects that you could relate to.
Peace to you! You will find and others will share! Ahava

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra5000

Please look at my new thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ionsoul

suggest you start drinking too much or go to AA meetings -- you get the same result from both.

I myself would rather be a drunk than go to those meetings.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

The term "Friend" is used much to loosely, even in the days before Facebook. Don't be so eager to share in the mad rush to include all the Earth as your Friend. The quantity of friends in ones life is not a valid measure of success for our brief existence. When the time comes to include someone into your life you will know it and they will ride along side you for a time.

The Cosmos is decidedly neutral on what you do with your existence, so its up to you choose the path you will take.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm pretty sure no one would star
my post accept him.
[edit on 31-8-2010 by randyvs]

No I gave you the star,
the frequent shower comment couldnt go un-noticed !

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With all the reply's to your thread you certainly have more friends than you think. Here you will never be alone.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Some random thoughts.

I find that people on a whole have a negative self opinion. Some are better than others at hiding this.

Many use the perceived weaknesses of others as an opportunity to increase their own 'value' by differentiation, highlighting or belittlement.

People who find that the way society runs is unacceptable or unjust are by definition different (and therefore lonely). People who see things in a different way than the others are bound to be, unless they have likeminded people surrounding them.

A reasonably attractive person who is adequately educated and has nothing outstanding or different about them will usually be popular and happy.

I do not understand how people can not ask questions. People who do not question are like the living dead.

On a whole I have to say that the people of today are on a whole dog***t. Not all though... not all.

"Ignorance is bliss" should be read as a warning.

I feel the same as the OP in some ways.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Re-discover Nature itself for it is Of the Creator. It 'heals' and invigorates the Soul, by Design, an intelligent one. I have always found 'life' fascinating and never boring. If you are bored, you are not using your imagination or are not aware of all the 'Life' around you. The inherent complexity of it all 'should' be fascinating. The One-ness idea is Fact whether one chooses to acknowledge this.....or not. Regardless, one will either suffer that consequence or Reap it's reward.....with a glOw of Ambience. The evidence of it all is in 'Ur' puddin.

There is much to be learned from Nature itself. The more understanding one has of the world about them, the more fascinating it Is. Many appear to live in a false sense of reality and suffer for it 'every' day.

I spent much of my youth 'outdoors' exploring the 'real' world about me. I never found much satisfaction in human constructs though do enjoy visiting the city.

I believe to achieve a balance between socializing with folks and Being in Nature is the ideal though that is just me?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You are my friend.

wow dude, that really got me lol

kindness is a wonderful thing

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You are my friend.

wow dude, that really got me lol

kindness is a wonderful thing

Me too. Go to "FaceBook" -- you can get lots of friends, but none of them stick by you --- the ATS friends stick by you.

Go to: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join