It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Who cares about social "status"? It never ends. Someone is ALWAYS going to have:

• More money
  • Better job
  • Bigger house
  • Nicer car
  • Better looks
  • Cooler friends
  • More fame

The trick in life to just be a good person. If you have no friends and no family, just be good to yourself. Take care of your health. Clean up your place, and keep it clean and organized. Have a good handful of enjoyable hobbies outside of work. Be good to your customers, be honest with your employer.

If you do all this stuff, you can hold your head high. You will feel good about yourself.

It's what I do, but my life is not perfect.

To the outside, some people might think I'm a "hipster" - I have a decent car, decent clothes, cool job, decent money, ok looks. But I am horrible at relationships. Everyone (friends/family) is always asking for updates on my dating life, as if they are asking about whether I've corrected a personal flaw I have. It saddens me a bit, because it's like they are saying I'm not good enough yet.

But like I said, it never ends. Even if I had a girlfriend, then they'd ask when we're going to get married. If we were married, then they'd ask when we're going to have kids. When we have a kid, they'd ask when we're going to have another. When we've had 3 kids, then they will want to know how your kids are doing in school/sports/friends/college/job/relationships etc....

So screw all of that.

It's never enough. But I still hold my head up high because I take care of myself, I have no stupid drama in my life, I have a small circle of friends I can do stuff with when I want to, I enjoy my hobbies (ATS is one!), and have a simple satisfaction with life.

My life isn't perfect, but it is in its own little way.

Take care and hold your chin up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKnave

I agree, weed can be wonderful thing when used in it's 'natural' form and most importantly when used responsibly.
"Moderation in all things".

Pharmaceutakill companies, the liquor cabals and some industrialists (against hemp) lobbied to make it and keep it illegal. In fact it was made illegal, illlegally. Google on if you like. It is man's natural Right to use 'natural' substances Of the Creator. Who is a 'human' to say otherwise; not lmao. These 'natural' substances, (not manmade) have been used since the dawn of Man for many rituals, insights and for relaxation as well as for many health benefits.

Many doctors, judges, lawyers etc. use these natural substances yet choose to be as hypocrites? I believe they are concerned for their 'jobs'. Yes, they are, otherwise, they would say otherwise. Know what I mean.

I say, legalize it immediately along with other natural drugs such as mushrooms and peyote etc.

The prison population would be drastically reduced and room would suddenly be made for the 'real' criminals. Drug cartels would have less 'motive' to maim and kill their brethren.

The whole drug war 'on the border' was and is manufactured by forces working behind the scenes to create more instability and chaos in order to create a sense of panic and have the 'flokes' demand the police state of which would only benefit the 'tyrants that be'.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.
Tyrants create a problem so that the public will demand the solution that the tyrant had in mind.....all along.
This is Truth whether one chooses to acknowledge or not.
Do you 'understand'?

Of course you do.....by Design.
If something makes sense, it Is.
If something does Not make 'sense', it was Not designed to.

Alcohol has bred much violence.
Pot breeds relaxation, a sense of calmness, which is in 'dire' need today.
If this post is censored, then you Are acting as a subject/slave. They will get No respect, by design. The Truth cannot, should not be censored. There is no arguing with the Truth. When challenged, it always prevails in the End.

Oh, might be a good idea to 'test' the beer you consume. I understand there are many 'additives' in the brew (especially american) that are quite toxic and dangerous for the mind and one's behavior. Test it and you 'will' see what I mean. Same for the public water supply though 'that' has been exposed and things are a 'changing' on that front.

Just 'Make it happen'.
Next.....

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by Funkydung

Hey maybe you smell.
Got deodorant?
lol

or maybe you need to take a bath and change your underwear everyday.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Oh, I do though thanks for 'the' concern.
Hey cheer up fellow.
I didn't choose your user name.
You did that, all by yourself.

Time to dis-connect.
Later folks.
The ocean is a calling.....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh, I do though thanks for 'the' concern.
Hey cheer up fellow.
I didn't choose your user name.
You did that, all by yourself.

Time to dis-connect.
Later folks.
The ocean is a calling.....

I've had that "username" for over 25 years -- it has served me well. Maybe you can help on the following projecr:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Turn off the computer and go find a girlfriend.
That's the best kind of friend!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Unknown Origin]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Adopt a mantra and never let a woman or man (Depending on what sex you are I guess) leave your sight without letting them know how beautiful they are or what you think about them.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OP,

You are now a part of one of the most dysfunctional families on the planet. None of us are what you would call "normal" here. That's why this community exists. You have plenty of friends. Just let your weird side express itself here and you will fit into this family perfectly.

Were you to see us on your walk home from cleaning up spills, you would think we are all normal. Think again. We are just ordinary people sharing our thoughts, no matter how strange, right or wrong they might be.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

OP,

You are now a part of one of the most dysfunctional families on the planet. None of us are what you would call "normal" here. That's why this community exists. You have plenty of friends. Just let your weird side express itself here and you will fit into this family perfectly.

Were you to see us on your walk home from cleaning up spills, you would think we are all normal. Think again. We are just ordinary people sharing our thoughts, no matter how strange, right or wrong they might be.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Blaine91555]

He's just pulling the strings of lots of geeks. He probably has more beautiful friends than Tiger before his car hit the tree.

What a bunch of gullible (but helpful) ATS members. Reminds me of a Church.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I think you missed a spot.

Better go back.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods

He's just pulling the strings of lots of geeks. He probably has more beautiful friends than Tiger before his car hit the tree.

What a bunch of gullible (but helpful) ATS members. Reminds me of a Church.

Perhaps, but the exercise of empathy and social support defines a community; and let there be no misunderstanding; ATS is a community whose nature we define by the thoughts we share.

Would you prefer the kind of world where we stand looking up at the person on the ledge chanting "Jump - jump - jump!"?

Those of us who have 'been there' know better.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

We've all been there. Life's a bitch and then we die, but we should be clever enough to see if someone is pulling our chain, and if so, give it a hardy laugh.

I think the OP is very clever, even if he only aspires to clean the floor of a supermarket. (A joke that most missed).

The OP ought to be proud that he has caused you guys to fill up 12 pages of tear jerking posts. Comedy is the highest form of intellect.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Comedy is good. No argument there.

I suppose being the only one in on the joke is good too; pointless, but good. Unless of course, there is no joke, then it's just tragic.

I suppose it depends on what purpose there is behind what we do. If there is one.

There's a joke in there somewhere....

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't think you actually need friends.
No one actually needs friends...They just mess up with your life, most of them...
Take 2 to 4 people as your friends and forget about everyone else.
Live your life and be positively egoistical.
Just don't be the good boy/girl who wants to save people from their problems. They have problems, THEY find the solutions. Not YOU.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by bigyin

If this moves to BTS, much of this data will be lost since many members are not signed up with BTS. Know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean.

But it's not a conspiracy thread or breaking news .... its just some folk bumping their gums about how life sucks.

Defo bts material

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

reply to post by bigyin

If this moves to BTS, much of this data will be lost since many members are not signed up with BTS. Know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean.

But it's not a conspiracy thread or breaking news .... its just some folk bumping their gums about how life sucks.

Defo bts material

Or how gullible ATS members are to believe and cry about his life.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
being lonely is not the same as being desolate.
desolation is an artificial feeling, no one is alone, its just feels that way, we can never be alone in this planet because we have this planet, next to the love one can feel for this beautiful world, everything else is trivial!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wow....people are still posting on this? It's laughable how many people on here are spewing out their pity and understanding with this guy. So many people are "relating" to his situation. Please. This guy is obviously joking and may very well be (probably is) a huge a-hole. Come on people! Read his previous threads. . .I seriously doubt after that you will still be feeling his "desolation."
Etcorngods is is the only one with it enough to figure this out, apparently.

SAPS!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

but for now, do I dare continue to follow the random stranger home, ...

I don't know how much further to the end of this thread as yet ...
but may I say:
"wow, just wow".!

sometimes human beings do inspire me.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by wayno]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join