It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakal26

Can I ask if you are happy with anything in your life and if so what are you happy with in your life.

I don't know about being happy (if that is anything more than an abstraction), but I definitely have certain goals I feel compelled to achieve. I'm indifferent to everything besides achieving my goals.

I'm also reminded of the words of a certain bum writer: "People don't need love, they need success of one form or another."

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

as one of your new loser friends, let me share something with you.

my serious opinion, all humor and sarcasm aside, i don't do this often.

here is my outlook on my life:

my life is my autobiography. sure, you and other ATSers, and other friends have the right to help proof read my autobiography, but ultimately i am the editor.

AProphet1233,
Your life is your auto-biography. pretend like you have only one shot at it. I can only attempt to proof read your auto-biography. But, ultimately, you and you alone are the editor.

whom ever you have listened to to make you think you are less than you are, they were temporarily insane at best.

back into my regularly scheduled posting....

AProphet1233,
1) find something that makes you happy.
2) do it.
3) repeat as necessary.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The many wise and empathetic posts here on this thread has really brought out some of the most sincere and nicest people.

Gives me hope after watching that little girl throw the puppies in the river and my friend (a homeless guy) dying from being beaten to death last week.

Many of you folks that posted say you don't have friends, and that is a shame because from the sound of many of you, the world is missing out on knowing some great people.

Loneliness - by Rebecca Drollinger
It is cold today
Indeed the rain is falling and I am alone.
Thoughts of life and love,
meaningless to anyone but myself.
I am alone.
They watch me, their eyes not knowing,
knowing nothing of what they see.
I am but another creature, alone.
They scurry on the surface, unaware,
unaware of the life below
when you are alone.

Loneliness, not a burden nor a sorrow,
but a time of solace, of deepness
never to be shared, never to be understood.
They can never reach the place where I am
And I know I will never reach the place where they are.
I know I don't want to reach that place.
True happiness is here, unmisted.
Unmisted by smiles or laughter,
unmisted by the joys of company.

To find true happiness,
to know if one is truly happy,
he must be happy alone.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Don't let the labels that society gives out, get to you. Everybody has the possibility to be great, no matter how they do it. The worlds in your hands, my friend

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I'm indifferent to everything besides achieving my goals.

your first goal should be finding what makes you happy. somedays we need to be selfish for ourselves, other people are not going to be selfish for us.

I'm also reminded of the words of a certain bum writer: "People don't need love, they need success of one form or another."

you've been on ATS for less than a year.
you have a thread with more than 60 flags.

i've been on ATS for more than 5 years.
i've never had a thread with more than 60 flags.

now who's the loser?
you even lost as losing!

loser,
et

p.s. no one expects you to respond to all these posts, just members of the community who decided to share words with you.

a big cyber-group hug ...... ahhh...

here is one of the things i watch to get in a better mood
(yes, i am a 38 year old man. ... what???):

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Friends? What are they?

I believe the only true friends you have are your family. Everyone else is just somebody you once knew.

I had a lot of friends. Played football, School mates, Going to the football mates, University mates... things like that... My house mates were my school mates and they ended up taking away all those other mates from me and shoving me into debt and more or less making my life a living hell. 2 years on from that I'm still getting sick prank calls in the middle of the night at my parents house phone. It's pathetic... why do they do it? I honestly don't know. There not getting a reaction so why?

Now... well, the aftermath was bad. For a year I had no friends except my dog. I then got a job, started volunteering... Last night I went out for a few drinks with 8 other people from work... I then walked a mile back to where I live in the company of a work colleague who is a Lesbian. I had a great chat and have a new friend although it won't be long before she goes back to university it has been nice to know her.

You have to get out more to get friends. If your struggling then list what hobbies you like and go post on internet forums that discuss those hobbies. They will do meets and whilst you wont be going back to their houses you will at least have a great day out and maybe make some friends.

I now have my family, work mates, volunteering mates and going to the football mates. I think in a few years I may even have a girlfriend. Life is a testing time but don't ever look back and think it's high school again because it isn't and people do grow up (although my former house mates maybe an exception to that...)

You have to open yourself up but not leave yourself wide open. Some people will take advantage of you and sometimes the only way to learn is to go through it... sadly.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnOfGoukilock

I like you, lol. And you're right.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Unfortunately I don't have the time to properly respond to everyone on this thread, but I will say you're creative addition to the spirit of loneliness was very good.

everyday always feels like the first day, the first awkward moment of walking into a room already occupied, the eyes stripping you down right through your questionable clothing and laying the small scared firefly that is you, flat and splayed and pinned against the cork board of their criticisms, their suspicions and their imposed inner fears,
unaccepted, not good enough, markedly different and afraid, you will be taken apart and examined, and disposed of quickly for the threat that you bring, for the mirror that you carry.
You will be broken and your truth denied, and the returning comfort of all their familiar lies and judgments will be gathered round again,
until the next time.

in other words;
you bess be careful walking that road acting crazy more than once or yous gonna not get a helpin hand someday when you get in trouble on that road an all these people remembers you as chain pullin giggle stick.

Thank You

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Please elaborate plenty of people round here willing to read .

Well, I'm actually highly educated in multiple disciplines and have had a few strange experiences akin to the "mystical". I'm relatively young in age and definitely not trying to change the world or anything. I suppose you could label me an existential analyst.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by The Djin

Please elaborate plenty of people round here willing to read .

Well, I'm actually highly educated in multiple disciplines and have had a few strange experiences akin to the "mystical". I'm relatively young in age and definitely not trying to change the world or anything. I suppose you could label me an existential analyst.

So why would a "highly educated" person such as yourself make a thread about all men being murderers and all women being whores...then afterwards make a thread wondering why he "has no friends"?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Yeah I know it's crazy how popular this thread is

I needed to get out of a 3000 ATS point deficit anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hope your not just making fun of us fellow loosers, and in reality you have skads of friends and admirers...

I won't speak of my present or future but in the not so distant past I learned that "Tragedy falls suddenly. Who's to say when it falls."

I can empathize with almost anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

How do we all look in that fish bowl?????????

I wouldn't play on words in so cavalier a fashion. That actually happened.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

My Gawd! that was the most annoying video I've seen in years!

I'm happy to hear that video make you feel good though!

Horrible just horrible!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm a big fan of your threads Randyys.

And I can assure you I'm not performing a research operation here on ATS. You people are paranoid enough already. Lol, j/k.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hmmm. Why don't you have any friends? Well I'm flipping through your past posts and you seem to lable all me as murderers and all women as whores. That could be a start.

Your depression could stem from your belief that:

That all life is a futile battle to fill a void of nothingness.
That all righteous endeavors in time prove meaningless.
That God is dead.
That we are animals completely stimulus driven.
That heaven only exists in the mind.
That love is a fallacy.
That friendship is a farce.
That history is the base struggle for power and material possessions.
That Jesus was crucified.
That Buddha was a bum.
That despair is like water.
That hope is a black hole.
And that beauty is a random mathematical expression.

You are also bored with life and don't seem to want to be here.

Listen to yourself. WOuld you want to be friends with that person? TO be perfectly frank, I wouldn't. Why would anyone else? Poor pitiful me. Just form listening to what you have to say I tend to think I understand why you have no friends. And it's your fault. You have to make an effort. YOu focus on everything bad in this world, how long can you allow your glass to be half empty?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

One day what you have learned, and have yet to learn, will feed the souls of others who hunger as you do. No one better to teach than one who knows.

Much thanks for the words of wisdom.

I can only hope to help others as much as I've been helped.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

Did I understand that your dream is to wipe the floor of a supermarket? If you're serious, I don't know what to say about that.
At least you're not idealistic!

"Atomized" is the condition you are in, and this is the very condition of most people in your society, in a relative way of course. Some have more "life" than you do, but it doesn't mean that they are less alienated than you are. This system works in a way that it continuously separates everything, especially people one from the other. Look at how apartment buildings, suburban neighborhoods and almost any other form of habitat and urban design that exist, and you'll see it. But it also goes far deeper and more abstract than this. They use religion, nationality, ideology, age, color of skin, anything that can identify you, one way or another, to separate you from the others.

My advice: hang out in places, or moments, where divisions are blurred out. These, as well, can be easily found in everyday life. And if you still fail to connect with people, this is perhaps just not the right time, or crowd, for you.

And to answer your question: "Cogito ergo sum".

This is the famous quote from Descartes, and this is one of the truest fact ever nailed in all History.
You are your own ruler, master, sovereign of your own existence. Because your awareness is everything, since the world takes shape out of it, you do not need to be approved of your existence by others, as others got their own existence, and consciousness, even though most of us share a consciousness (your awareness of being isolated and alienated, as an instance, is shared by millions). Even the best of friends, or lovers, are still unique entities with their own issues and perception of things.

[edit on 31/8/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Try a place called plenti of fish. Im pretty sure you can find a friend there.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Clean up on Aisle 3. Get to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join