I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

It's a very bitter-sweet position to be in. On the one hand, we feel privileged to (feel we) know a bit more. Enlightened and deep.

On the other hand, it looks more fun just not caring/knowing and just plow through life relating to all the superficial things this world has to offer.

I love life. I despise this world. I am a walking paradox!
To me, they don't work well together. In fact, they almost cancel one another out.

How can we be these free spiritual & enlighten Beings and live among rules, restriction and artificialness?

So yeah....thank gawd for the Internet and like-minded people.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

this whole concept of living is a paradox haha, however, a quick question, in your avatar, does your alien have a pigeons eye?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Add me as a new friend my friend. If we are all alone then we are atleast together in thought.
2nd

[edit on 8/31/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It seems to me you have to master lonelyness...Only till then will you find happyness within yourself...I mastered lonelyness a long time ago and prefer to be a hermit and im quite happy with being a hermit...Besides this day and age it seems not to be strange being aloner as it use to be years ago.

One finaly point as the internet came along I would imagine more people are glued to there internet than anything else. Hense why so many people are isolated from society

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting post by the OP. A couple of thoughts.

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote: "Hell is other people." He had a point, but he was a fairly gregarious person who had a lot of girlfriends too.

I had a period in my life, six months, where I wandered through Europe, like a spectre, knowing only those I met along the way. It was the happiest period of my life. All my emotional burdens dropped away.

But there came a time when I realized I had to engage in life in some productive way. I was like a fly in a bottle, or perhaps like a fly who wants to get into the bottle.

So I went home and soon I lost the perspective I had gained and my life became as constipated with entanglements as ever.

Eventually, I discovered meditation. By means of it I could maintain a sense of perspective on my life, while still being engaged in it. I became like someone who had just come back from a holiday . . . perpetually.

I'm not a very social person. More like a hermit, really. But I do live in a spiritual community, so Sartre is never far from my consciousness.

You've taken a good step with this thread. If people know who you are, what you are and what your needs are, there is a better chance of having them fulfilled.

There is a person, a group, a situation for everyone in this world. If you keep an open mind, you will find yours.

Here's a challenge: Try to go for a day, or even a week without using the first personal pronouns, I, Me, Mine. Sometimes those get so big that they crowd the rest of the world out of the picture.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Pretty much everything that can be said has been said here, but one thing that I would like to add is that the creative energies of this world - the ones often beyond human comprehension, are always at work.

Some people just think they happen into friendship or love, but the fact of the matter is that this reality was "chosen" for you from the start. This process has gone on for as long as the universe is old.

Another idea to ponder, if you believe in reincarnation, is that people you're friends with now (or will be friends with eventually) have been acquainted through past lives. For example, a spouse being a girlfriend/boyfriend in a past life.

So in essence, don't worry my friend...the universe has something in store for you!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I find that I have people who are very close to me and I can still feel alone. I can be physically surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people and still be alone. The more I question this universe, this existence, the more alone I find myself with fewer and fewer to discuss the questions I have with.

I think we all find solace in places like ATS because there are like-minded individuals in that something just doesn't sit right about what we've been told. We may all come up with different answers but we all are asking the same questions and we can speak freely about such subjects and put together your pieces of the puzzle with the pieces that other people may have.

How can you not feel alone when you question as you do when you are surrounded by massively programmed robots who are content with their souls being imprisoned?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Question for you all?

Why is this thread even active?
Some apparent "loser" comes on here feeling bad for themselves and you all jump on him with comfort, stars, and flags.... easiest trolling i ever seen

You won't get my compassion bud, not for just feeling bad about yourself. Get up and live, if you think your a loser your probably just avoiding people because you THINK they hate you. When really you could just stop forcing yourself into the shadow's and just talk to people. As you have seen in the last 8 pages it's pretty easy to make friends when you make a presence.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well AProphet,after 8 pages you have made one comment as far as I could see(might have missed one).My point being is I would think being lonely and haveing so many ATS people open up to you I would think you would be very talkative and happy to have aguired so many "friends" in such a short time.

How do we all look in that fish bowl?????????

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The best friend you could ever ask for....is yourself. Provided that you take good care of yourself. Pets are wonderful real friends. Most people call just about anybody a "friend". Friends are the ones that come to get you out of a sticky situation 5 am. And you do the same for them.

Socializing aka "friendships" is a lot about forming factions, gossip and general nonsense.

Just take a deep breath and start doing the things you like.

As always....The Queen

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Can’t believe that most of you take the OP seriously. He’s just got a spoof thread and he pulled it off. Look at his other two threads. He’s just a clever guy, pulling the chain of a bunch of ATS geeks who take themselves FAR Toooooooooooo seriously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

i am beggining to now side with people leaning more to the thought that, if you are so lonely then why dont you reply or get involved in this conversation?

*cough* hoax? *cough*

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
Question for you all?

Why is this thread even active?
Some apparent "loser" comes on here feeling bad for themselves and you all jump on him with comfort, stars, and flags.... easiest trolling i ever seen

You won't get my compassion bud, not for just feeling bad about yourself. Get up and live, if you think your a loser your probably just avoiding people because you THINK they hate you. When really you could just stop forcing yourself into the shadow's and just talk to people. As you have seen in the last 8 pages it's pretty easy to make friends when you make a presence.

Lemme guess, you're a life-coach right?

Not everyone works the same way m'friend. Some need coddling. Some need stroking. Some need encouragement. Some may even just need stars and flags from strangers.

You showing up here may be all he/she needs too.

Please stop thinking you hold the answer to all.
Every one is different. Your way may not work well for others.

And yes, the OP may be a troll just looking for kudos by way of flags and start but...................so what? It's not like you're forfeiting your own to give to him/her!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

He's not serious. He's just pulling your chain -- and he caught most of the other ATS geeks. The educated ones are the most gullible -- they are the ones with the sheepskins.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

More likely, the OP's just pulling the chains of the Jerks at ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

After seeing your post this person is nothing more then a self absorbed igocentric,sorry to see so many fell for it.

On a brighter side being the cynic I am it was good to see so many ATS people act with such compassion,I had doubts there was much here on ATS but thats my fault for picking the threads that I do.

Be well ATS people this was a pleasent surprize to someone who has very little confidence in people.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
if this was a HOAX to pull on the heart strings of people here at ATS, i am saddened and angry, i posted numerous times here, although i didn't induce any feeling into it, however, still angry!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OP, can you tell me why you chose that username?

Do you conider yourself a prophet?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by Dr Slim

He's not serious. He's just pulling your chain -- and he caught most of the other ATS geeks. The educated ones are the most gullible -- they are the ones with the sheepskins.

Interesting way to spin words.

Patriot Act takes away the freedom of patriots.
Now, the educated are the most vulnerable to being taken advantage of.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Many of us have been there, a time in our lives when we seem to be drifting, without a course, perhaps.

Under NO circumstances give up. Never, never, never give up. I saw that on a park bench once, where I used to run. I think Churchill said it. I'm sure that throughout history others have said it. Use it as a mantra: Never, never, never give up.

Also, another saying, this one from the Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away." --paraphrasing here: Hang on and keep going because you never know what the tide will bring. At the time, I was very lonely, and I used to see movies by myself. It was a very timely message and helped me hang on. And, when I didn't expect it, the tide did bring something to me. That seems to be how it happens: you hang on and hang on and think you can't hang on any longer, but you do. You keep hanging on and working towards a positive goal (or several positive goals) and then... OUT OF THE BLUE... The tide brings you something and/or someone and your life is profoundly changed for the better.

It is important to work towards a positive goal (or more). Goals for me were getting into better shape, getting out into the world more (a LOT of time spent at book stores, parks, Walmart and theaters) and reading more (both fiction and non-fiction).

I hope this helps even if just a little. Just NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE TIDE WILL BRING IN.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join