It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul calls out the liars... I meant Palin and Beck

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You do not like Ron Paul.
Express yourself.
Don't worry, your 'mother' is not around.

Sounds flaky to ATS folk FYI.
Do you understand?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by redhead57

i can all the beck haters never have listened to him.

I have. Definitely. Used to listen to his radio show too. Can't stand the man. Ron Paul.... Beck, Palin... they are all politicians and liars. Don't trust the politicians and I don't trust dog and pony shows. Beck says he wants to restore honor to this country lol. Well, if that is something people want to do, then you can start with the first nations people. Give them the black hills back, apologize, and Obama keep the promises that he made to help them during his campaign. Nope, there's going to be a curse on this country for what they did to the natives. Until they do right by them, nothing they do will turn out right.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
reply to post by fooks

You do not like Ron Paul.
Express yourself.
Don't worry, your 'mother' is not around.

Sounds flaky to ATS folk FYI.
Do you understand?

i thought i did.

i believe i presented as much as the anti-beck/palin crowd has.

fYi, ya'll ats "folk" get kinda squirrelly when it comes to glenn and sarah.

professional left as they say.

i suppose ron's kid, rand, splitting from his dad's rhetoric might be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What have Palin and Beck said that aren't true?

Palin isn't as stupid as I thought she was. She knows she'll never be POTUS so she quit her politician job and went on the speech circuit making a ton of money. That's a rather smart thing to do ... get the $$$ while it's hot. (even though I feel she isn't bright enough or qualified enough to be POTUS ... it's still a smart thing for her to do)

Beck .. what has he said that isn't true? Sure .. he acts like a buffoon here and there. But what facts are wrong?

I really like Ron Paul and listen closely to what he has to say. But I'm wondering if he's getting confused. Sorry .. but I do wonder now.

I wish he were 15 years younger .... he would have been a good POTUS.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

ron would have made/make a great something in washington with the right pres.

as a pres, i don't think he has the heart to make the tough decisions.

he is more valuable than a vice p, tho.

oh ya, i star'd you for the post.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I am no fan of Palin but I do listen to Beck. I don't agree with everything he says but he does make some very valid points.

What I don't get is how people can forget how critical he was of Bush.

I'm not sure how to say this without coming across extremely offensive - BUT - Glenn Beck is without doubt the most moronic, asinine, tabloid chasing douche of all time.

Would be very happy explain how he operates and why he is so stupid if it does not cause offence - who people listen too can define them, so when said person is admonished offence is easily taken - this is not about you - its about Glenn Beck.

He can appear to be making very good points - this is extremely important nuance to understand. For example - it sounds reasonable to start a grass roots movement, to reclaim individualism and re-discover the origins of American self empowerment - it is another thing all together to lay claim to MLK as your inspiration and then take usurp his day and place in history with your own radically right wing and radically white and radically racist rally.....this sums up Beck - its like the Ku Klux Klan re-enacting the end of Apartheid and claiming Mandella as one of their own as an icon of freedom fighting - its simply sickening.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia

I am no fan of Palin but I do listen to Beck. I don't agree with everything he says but he does make some very valid points.

I'm not sure how to say this without coming across extremely offensive - BUT - Glenn Beck is without doubt the most moronic, asinine, tabloid chasing douche of all time.

Would be very happy explain how he operates and why he is so stupid if it does not cause offence - who people listen too can define them, so when said person is admonished offence is easily taken - this is not about you - its about Glenn Beck.

He can appear to be making very good points - this is extremely important nuance to understand. For example - it sounds reasonable to start a grass roots movement, to reclaim individualism and re-discover the origins of American self empowerment - it is another thing all together to lay claim to MLK as your inspiration and then take usurp his day and place in history with your own radically right wing and radically white and radically racist rally.....this sums up Beck - its like the Ku Klux Klan re-enacting the end of Apartheid and claiming Mandella as one of their own as an icon of freedom fighting - its simply sickening.

err.. bring it on, dude.

tell us what will make us puke at the very thought of whatever vitriol "truths" you gonna spew.

gimme your lunch money.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just as John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Andrew Jackson all have different attitudes utterly alien to each other in some regards, if you want a return to the founding father style, you're going to have to accept the fact that there will be Alexander Hamiltons and John Adams with the Thomas Jeffersons. So do understand that what you just called Palin and Beck was effectively the same name calling to the insane Hamilton and the occasionally war hungry Adams.

Do learn your history. Not all the founding fathers were as epic win as Thomas Jefferson who, also, became quite the dictator in office himself at times.

The problem remains, we have no Jefferson yet:

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Amazing that someone is saying this about Ron Paul and calling him just another politician and comparing him to Beck a drunk clown turned Mormon with a history of lying and half truths and act like Beck is somehow morally superior.

Ron Paul's track record of integrity and honesty in upholding the constitution is perhaps unparalleled in the history of the congress where is Beck is an admitted clown.

Hello? You're forgetting that the vast majority of Ron Paul's career was spent as a morning radio "shock jock" whose career consisted of having a chimp mascot, stealing Christmas decorations (for which he was arrested), hiring Jessica Hahn (Jim Bakker's mistress) and putting a gerbil down a bank deposit tube. He's as much of a joke now as he was then.

Wait...I think I might have those two mixed up...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What have Palin and Beck said that aren't true?

How about one from each?

Glenn Beck:

"I mean, we've got czars now. Czars like John Holdren, who has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

But in seeking to score points for a political argument, Beck seriously mischaracterizes Holdren's positions. Holdren didn't advocate those ideas then. And, when asked at a Senate confirmation hearing, Holdren said he did not support them now. We think it's irresponsible to pluck a few lines from a 1,000-page, 30-year-old textbook...

Hey, I thought any bad quotes from Glenn Beck were ALWAYS "out of context." And he's taking people out of context? I'm SHOCKED.

www.politifact.com...

Sarah Palin:

"I told the Congress 'thanks, but no thanks,' for that Bridge to Nowhere. If our state wanted a bridge, we’d build it ourselves."

Reality:

In 2006, Palin ran for governor on a "build-the-bridge" platform, attacking "spinmeisters" for insulting local residents by calling them "nowhere" and urging speed "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist." About two years after the introduction of the bridge proposals, a month after the bridge received sharp criticism from John McCain, and nine months into Palin's term as governor, Palin canceled the Gravina Bridge, blaming Congress for not providing enough funding. Alaska will not return any of the $442 million to the federal government and is spending a portion of the funding, $25 million, on a Gravina Island road to the place where the bridge would have gone, expressly so that none of the money will have to be returned. Palin continues to support funding Don Young's Way, estimated as more than twice as expensive as the Gravina Bridge would have been.

These two "Christians" apparently love the 10 Commandments, but think the Ninth one is optional.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Hey i can agree with you on that too, he even says not to trust him, he says do your own research! he doesnt expect people to blindly follow his lead, hes expressed this many many times

Those of us who actually do our own research find him to be lying, ignorant or both on a regular basis.

And without fail, when those things are pointed out, people like you attack the sources that refute him.

Is it too much to ask him to be honest and forthright, rather than have him fall on the old message-board tactic of "look it up yourself, I'm not doing your work for you?"

And speaking of research, here's a book he recently promoted:

"The Red Network: a ‘Who’s Who’ and Handbook of Radicalism for Patriots"

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Not only was it written by an anti-Semitic Nazi sympathizer who spoke at pro-Nazi rallies (which is odd for a guy who claims to hate Nazis) it also includes this nice phrase:

…the American Negroes have acquired professions, property, banks, homes and produced a rising class of refined, home loving people. This is far more remarkable than that many negroes are still backwards. The Red play upon the Negroes’ love of their own people and represent them as persecuted in order to inflame them against the very White people who have in reality given the colored race far greater opportunities than their fellow negroes would have given them in Africa today.

That matches up nicely with his co-opting of the anniversary of MLK's speech, doesn't it?

So you have two options:

1. either he read the book and promoted it, knowing what was in it
2. He just promoted it because it was against "radicals" and was completely ignorant of its contents or its author

So, he's either evil or intellectually lazy. I'm leaning toward the latter, but it's funny that people still respect this former drama student with the knack for stage-tears.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Actually:

Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.

He favored them only if there was a population crisis.

Population crisis situations are in control of the government. And it is a dangerous path to tread.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Glenn Beck, speaking on Friday at the Kennedy Center: "We are 12 hours away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America."

Sarah Palin, speaking at the 'Restoring America' rally: "We must not fundamentally transform America, as some would want."

Nothing like contradictory statements from two grifters.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Actually:

Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.

He favored them only if there was a population crisis.

Population crisis situations are in control of the government. And it is a dangerous path to tread.

Did you read the quote? That wasn't an endorsement - it was a statement.

I can say that police can search your car without a warrant if they have 'reasonable suspicion'...but that doesn't mean I think they SHOULD.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm glad that he's not pulling his punches to help out his son, they both seem to disagree on many issues. The Republican party needs to grow up, back Ron Paul and step far away from Sarah Palin.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

It depends on which side of his ass he was speaking through. In 2008, he compared George Bush to Batman, saying that Batman stands up against all the bad guys because no one else will do it, and George Bush was supposedly doing the same thing with terrorists. He praised Bush every chance he got!

Source

In 2010, he said George Bush was "progressive" his boogy-man phrase of the year.

Source

Listening to Glenn Beck will ROT THE MIND! Why do you think he uses a chalkboard? Indoctrination, anyone?

Ron Paul is earning my respect back, but I don't think he'll ever go anywhere. Too bad he's not 30 years younger.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

nope
not playing both sides of the fence.
just changed my mind about how
I felt. Is it not allowed to change our
decisions based upon what we learn??

I had not read that article I posted
when I made that first comment.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Beck has revealed himself to be a racist on the FNN several times. Palin has revealed herself to be plain stupid. Unfortunately, if they both ran for office, Palin for president, Beck for VP, they would probably win since the Republican strategy by "party leader" Rush is "I hope you fail."

Forget about trying to make America a better place via cooperation. "I hope you fail" has no inspiration, yet is working --with the likes of Palin and Beck, charismatic idiots.

The people of this country are so spun-up by the mainstream media that they will most likely vote Palin into office the next election. That will be a sad day indeed. But, be warned, it's coming.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Glenn Beck exposed as a fake and a fraud

Right off the bat, he admits that he was "ignorant" to call Obama a racist. And he says that he doesn't see America as an oppressor...but admits that African-Americans were oppressed.

He even denies that he said "We started the Civil Rights Movement," just before the interviewer starts playing the clip...then he gets him to stop playing it. Then he KNOWS why he said "We started..." even though a minute or so before he didn't even know that he said it. Riiiight.

Then he pulls out the "content of character" thing that he ripped from MLK while ignoring everything else. Like MLK's belief in Liberation Theology.

Oh, and he's "not a fan of social justice." Ignoring the fact that MLK was assassinated when he was in Memphis to support sanitation workers. You know, SOCIAL JUSTICE! That thing that Glenn Beck abhors.

So, he takes the Civil Rights Movement and strips the racial inequality and discrimination from it, as if that wasn't the REAL issue. And then says you change hearts as opposed to changing public policies...as if Jim Crow wasn't government enforced.

Glenn Beck is such a weasel and has absolutely no backbone. Call him out in person and he folds and backtracks. And he claims to see MLK as a hero for one phrase that he ripped out of context while he opposes pretty much everything else he stood for.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They certainly are not Libertarians (regardless of what Beck wants you to believe) so they have no business running any "tea party" which was supposed to be Libertarian minded.. not some pseudo Christian crusade..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join