It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul calls out the liars... I meant Palin and Beck

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow talk about spinning things to make it say what you want.....

He didnt say ANYTHING that you put in your OP......

THIS is what he said

“As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined.”

Im sorry, I dont see ANYTHING in there about slamming Glenn Beck or Palin....

Next time try not to let your agenda over ride your sense of honesty.

I love how everyone calls Glenn a liar, but the only thing i can see them coming up with is this Goldline thing.......seriously? Is this the best you have on this guy? Sounds to me if this and his past with alcoholism , ill note that hes HONEST and UPFRONT about.....you have a pretty weak argument....

As far as I can tell , a huge majority of the things that he has talked about, and ive listened to him since 2001 have come true. Hes not a magician he just uses common sense......

The vitriol this man inspires from progressive and the far liberal left, just by the mention of his name, shows me that hes on to something.

Not to mention the attacks....and were not talking attacking what hes said, were talking about calling the man names and making his viewers out to be idiot rednecks..........seriously people?

Sure, lets not back anything up by facts, well just fling mud......

I love the fact that after this 8/28 thing there has been an EXPLOSION of Beck bash threads on this site...

The fact that the critics cannot look at the message of what he did yesterday, and the people that joined him from all walks of life, and the good that was done, is proof positive to me that the only interests you have ......

ARE IN POLITICAL IDEOLOGY!

and they say conservatives are the hate mongering intolerant ones.......

Pot......kettle.....etc etc etc....

[edit on 29-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by redhead57

i can all the beck haters never have listened to him.

as to paul maybe hes just po'd he drew a crowd as large as he did..

same old story with politicians demonize anyone who can steal your thunder. ie meaining paul probably will make a presidential run.

basically do what liberals do with anyone they dont like or agree with- vilify,demonized and marginalize.

simply put paul is a politician beck is not.

Drawing large crowds means nothing.

Drawing large crowds of voters sure does.

Many folks were in D.C. at a time of year the politicians leave town to escape the heat and humidity.

I hope you don't mind if I wait until November before I pass judgment on the effect of the Tea Party and the disenchanted voters across this country.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo
Drawing large crowds of voters sure does.

Many folks were in D.C. at a time of year the politicians leave town to escape the heat and humidity.

I hope you don't mind if I wait until November before I pass judgment on the effect of the Tea Party and the disenchanted voters across this country.

Sure, it means people can get elected, but it has no bearing on whether what they're saying is true or honest.

The tea party would be a fantastic movement if it wasn't being distorted and taken over by shills.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Not a huge fan of Ron Paul, but compared to Palin and Beck he's a genius.

I will never get why people listen to Beck&Palin!

Beck:

- Endorses a company that's scamming its customer. If you want to buy gold as an investment and don't mind having to wait until the price increases by 65% before braking even...I guess you won't care.
- Pretends to be "a normal guy like me and you", yet earns $30mil/yr+.
- He started using a single tactic to brainwash people: Tab into people's faith! For the past 6mo he's turned into a total televangelist!
- He pretends to be all for freedom, yet opposes the net neutrality act...prime example of twisting the facts.
- He rallies people for his causes by taking examples to the extreme. Having national health care doesn't turn you into a communist, half of Europe has it, and last I checked they're not communists.
- Want more? Got plenty of more anti-Beck rants

Palin:

- First word that comes to mind is: DUMB!
- The woman didn't even have a passport until she became a candidate. And that's the woman you trust when it comes to foreign relations??? ARE YOU INSANE??
- She bailed out from her office because she couldn't handle the pressure and because she could make MORE MONEY doing something else. Yet she still pretends to work "for the people". She's nothing but a whore working for the highest bidder. She'll follow the money, ALWAYS.
- Published a book full of proven lies. I admit it's pretty hilarious to read it if you know the real facts...but why would you ever trust someone who so obviously lies??
- Bridge to Nowhere...mhhh....yeah...how opinions change in so little time...
- Matt Damon's rant about her is pretty much how I feel. It's like a bad movie...but sadly it's real.

In short, if you support Beck or Palin, you have to WAKE UP and start looking at facts rather than propaganda, fear mongering, and people who use faith to get to you!

Why do you think Beck held that speech?? Simple really, if he says a few things like a priest, believers can't really disagree. And subconsciously they'll also start agreeing with whatever else he says...simply because he reinforced their faith.

STOP BEING SUCH BRAINWASHED BLIND SHEEP AND WAKE UP!!

[edit on 29-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hey, I just found a picture from a foreign media source, thought I would add it here. To keep on topic, this is a picture of the rally.

Funny thing is though, with the economy going the way it is, I wonder if I should be in commodities?

What is a good commodity when in dire economic times? OOOOHHH, I know that one!

From my thread on the number at the rally-

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
MORE PROOF! WOW, from another COUNTRY'S media. Just goes to show you that you cannot listen to the propaganda media here in the states and here on THIS THREAD!

My DC pic using the National Parks estimation needs to be adjusted after finding this picture.

NOTICE the people on the right.

From here-www.bbc.co.uk...

Alright, I have to adjust my numbers, now 825,000 people!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have listened to Beck he discloses many of the things about government, that this forum exposes,

I think if he was a liberal they would love him , the only reason I could come up with for the hate, is he is Christian.

Same with Palin.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love how right-wingers love to say that just because someone is so passionately opposed by the Left then that person 'must be on to something'... So dumb. Yes, just go for the people everyone seems to despise... they must be on to something for everyone to fear them so...

By that rationale... Hitler must have really been on to something to have such passionate opposition. You gotta love Hitler, he really riled people up...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
I am no fan of Palin but I do listen to Beck. I don't agree with everything he says but he does make some very valid points.

What I don't get is how people can forget how critical he was of Bush.

Was that before or AFTER he went from CNN to Faux News?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have listened to Beck he discloses many of the things about government, that this forum exposes,

I think if he was a liberal they would love him , the only reason I could come up with for the hate, is he is Christian.

Same with Palin.

The majority of the people on this forum are christian, I really really doubt that's why people are at odds with what he says.

The main reason I think people oppose him are because of his corporate ties.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

How about BEFORE he was on CNN or FOX and AFTER he was on both...

I love how people on this site NEVER talked about Beck until he was on FOX news, then all the sudden hes evil.

Seriously the agenda is so thick you could cut it with a knife

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The reality is Beck will say whatever his corporate masters will say, which in this case is Fox news, personally, I've never trusted fox news, and now that they're trying to pander to us, it just makes me very very cautious.

All shills are the same, they all pander to their corporate media giants.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
First of all I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an actual Christian... At least, I know I have never met one, and I have met many who claim to be.

If we actually had 2 billion people practicing the teachings of Jesus, I'm pretty sure there would be an epic push toward peace and love the likes of which we have never seen.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by spiritualzombie]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Coming from your average Canadian, it seems "big government" supports walked right into your very Tea Party and hi-jacked it...

Atleast, most, everyone within the Tea Party is aware of RP and if he runs for President there WILL be change... Change most will not like.

It's got to be done sometime.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Snarf

I love how people on this site NEVER talked about Beck until he was on FOX news, then all the sudden hes evil.

Yeah, the only thing thicker is the pure stupidity emitting from this thread from people who fail to recognize the fact that, rather coincidentally, Beck's views all changed riiiiight around the time he changed networks.

Oh, did I say Beck's views? I mean the views from the people who pay him to speak. And by their views, I mean the views they want you to have.

But don't mind me, I'm fine with just being awestruck at the sheer stupidity here.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

AHH I hate to tell you this, maybe you dont watch Beck, Im pretty sure you dont.

I use to listen to him on his radio show long before he had a TV show, and his views have stayed consistent...

I Tivo'd him when he was on CNN and I Tivo him now, there hasnt been a change in his views or his message, except that its gotten more DIRE as things have progressively gotten WORSE in this country.

I should say, they havent changed MUCH sure, people will hear something, make an initial assessment, state their opinion, then hear MORE and decide different, that happens......

But this idea that hes switched back and forth in this wild swinging motion is ridiculous. Hes consistent from what ive observed......

Do i agree with everything he says, of course not, but the man has a pretty good track record of being on the ball with whats going on. Whether people LIKE it or not.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Snarf

There's not really an agenda as much as a calling.

People are tired of people like Beck & Olbermann. Why people like you still buy into Beck makes me sick.

MSM is MSM, no matter how you slice them. You idolize them now because they are like you - anti-democrat.

Partisan hackery at its best

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So let me get this straight.

The media, which is the defacto 4th branch of government and the ministry of propaganda, which we know for a FACT in the past has been used just as I've said it, would allow someone who is seemingly fighting against the evils in our government have the ability to be heard about millions of Americans.

Now considering I never suggested you believe the man like a messiah, don't assume I blindly hate the guy. I don't trust him is my problem. I would say I agree with him maybe 35% of the time but in the end the man does sketch me out.

Basically, it's a matter of following a "false prophet" for me. I mean most just lead their sheep to be made fools, but Beck to me feels like a guy who is leading sheep to the slaughterhouse.

And it IS the direness in him that you're saying is the change. Except I wouldn't call it direness and more enticement. There is a serious effort in pushing for a revolution in this country and while we DO need a revolution, we should keep in mind that a revolution is the best time to take power as well.

Beck to me is a piper in this cause and this here is the start of something much greater to come, as he himself is saying, with the whole "restoring honor" thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

ooo I love how you presume to know my political affiliations.......which seems to be a common theme here when bashing people.....

Just attack the person without having any facts......

People arent tired of Olberman and Beck, people are tired of the government and its agenda.......the deceit and lack of real change...

Its OBVIOUSLY clear that a large part of the American populace like Beck...because he will talk about things no one else will.....

What cracks me up is you accuse him of perpetuating the left right issue when ever since ive been listening to him, that would be around 2001 he has been central on his views, attacking both the left and the right when they do something that hurts the American people.....

But you wouldnt know that, because hes on Fox News, and since hes on FOX he must be a republican...
As for me im independent and always have been , I voted for Ron Paul, meh go figure huh?

I see you will continue with the left right issue tho, as is evident by your presumption of my affiliation.......

Presumption without education is ignorance in its finest form, as you just demonstrated

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Yeah, like my emails from them.

Keeps me informed.

Later mnemeth.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Look, its easy to spot a neocon...do they support the wars and spread fear of radical Islam so much so that they would support changes in policy within the U.S? Do they shrug off talk of the federal reserve as wacky? Do they believe you should be told what you may and may not consume or that the drug war is just? Both Palin and Beck are neocons and I can spot them a mile away.

They love the system as it is and would hate to see America thrive as nation focused on its own affairs and its people living in true freedom. No military wars, no drug war, a repeal of useless laws and regulation, no nonsense from the border, the government restricted and always in check, money backed by something tangible...they would hate that. They despise true freedom and hate the idea of a strong, self reliant nation.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join