It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your views on Gay marriage?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh God - - 2000+ year old book raises its ugly head again.

Too bad it clouds the brain from understanding Equal Rights.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

This is my favorite.

♀ + ♀ + ♂ = ♥
Polygamy should be legal!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i think gays should be allowed to get married legally just as straight couples do.
I dont see a single problem in that.i see people saying "i dont hate em, i just think they shouldn't get married". That is pure hate people. Think of the benefits, the overpopulaiton rate will diminish

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

What would happen if Churches, Mosque and other religious temples were forced to hold marriage ceremony's for gay and lesbian couples.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c24b15229a03.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

you are so right dude. That book is a hatas book yo!

(i dont speak like that,i was merely trying to be funny)

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
reply to post by Annee

you are so right dude. That book is a hatas book yo!

(i dont speak like that,i was merely trying to be funny)

Yo! Keep dat hatas book on thee own shelf.

Like dude - if yuze can't pull the love everyone parts out - don't pull.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I am a lesbian in training ....... why should you or I or anyone care what a couple of gays want to do with each other???? its just more of people wanting to mind each others business, if it doesn't hurt people who the hell cares!!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You win sir. Brav-oh

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

lesbian in training? do they have like a school or something?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I could care less who gets married. You can marry your pet cat, Mr. Fluffykins for all I care. What's it to me? I'm not involved in it. I don't understand why people get so pissy on this issue. Why shouldn't gay people be able to marry? It's not like you have to show up at the shindig! And then the uber religious folks bring up God's union of a man and a woman, well that's all fine and dandy, but why did God create gay people? Or allow them to be created? You can not tell me that people aren't born that way. Let them marry! What's it to you?!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Married twice and damn if I can figure it out yet????

[edit on 28-8-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

oh im sorry then. good luck next time,maybe dont marry as fast as you did before. good luck with that dear

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Maybe I'm a poor student? fisrt for 7 years and second for 25 .... go figure huh?

Anyway back to the topic at hand .... Really who are we to be judging morality anyway, let he without sin cast the first stone ............... and that includes JUDGES SPECIFICALLY.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

im confused, you married 2 women and both failed so youre a bad student,English isn't my main language and i get confused sometimes. Maybe yo need to work on you lesbiarythm or lesbology. i dont know sorry

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

IMHO,marriage is a joining of a man and a woman with the sole intent of starting a family..Something a gay couple can not do alone..

I know I'll get flamed (as usual) but I am NOT against Gays or them being together..

Just let them use a different term for their partnership..

Yes you are - thats exactly what you are - you are against gays. What if gays were to telly you that it was illegal for you to get married ? What right do they have ? Exactly .

You are against these people being married because hey are gay - do not for a SECOND think you are a bigot - there is absolutely no other way to put it.

If you think that Bigots are bad, wrong, insensitive, blinkered - then you are exactly that - how does it feel tow wake up one day and realise your thoughts on this represent the worst side of humanity ?

How on EARTH does it effect you ? Why inflict so much pain and suffering on people who love each other for absolutely no reason at all ? Its just ruthless and inhumane.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Reference: 17 years of heterosexual marriage. I think gay marriage should be legal. They should be entitled to the same misery as the rest of us.
(j/k)

But seriously, there are legal ramifications to marriage such as right to property transfer, right to a step-up basis when inheriting from a spouse, right to accompany your spouse into the ER, right to make medical decisions for an incapacitated spouse, next of kin thing among others.

My opinion? There are two separate institutions of marriage. The civil institution which encompasses all the recognized rights and responsibilities of marriage and the religious institution. I feel that everyone should have access to the civil institutions. At the same time, churches need to be protected from being forced to perform a ceremony that they doctrinally disagree with. Same as the Catholic churches not marrying divorced folks at the main altar.

As far as homosexual marriage destroying the "sanctity" of marriage? I prepared taxes for 10 years - lots of divorced, remarried, divorced again folks with 3 kids with 3 different last names. Heterosexuals ain't doing that great a job of holding marriage as sacred.

Polygamy? As long as I don't have to pay to support your 4 wives and 24 children, I couldn't care less.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Who the hell has any right to tell someone who they can marry? This world is seriously disgusting.

And I'm damn sick of the argument that if a man can marry a man why can't he marry a shoe or a frog or a tree or a car. It's insane. As long as both parties that have consciousness want to get married SO BE IT.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by drock905]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonko
Well, my mother is a lesbian so how I think about this issue is quite obvious. Yes, they should be allowed to marry!

Seriously, they have the right to feel just as happy (or misserable) as the entire population! My mother did get married and I'm glad she was able to have that experience.

But nooooo. When it comes to this issue people start yelling that it's sacred, and oh yeah, they even mention the church too. Usually they think the church is garbage, it's brainwashing, it's controlling people's lives (it is). But when it comes to this, they have to name the church. It's all extremely sacred, but what happens in vegas is ok, right?

Hey! Now a ATS'er of all people should know..."What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

Seriously though, let gay people marry, especially this day in age, you'd think that the last thing people would be concerned about is whether or not gay people marry each other.

These are new days, a new time, a black man is president, who lost to a very close possible woman presidential candidate. Likewise, like someone touched on previously, marriage is not what it used to be. Whereas, before people married for life, the idea of divorce for any reason was abhorrent. In the worst cases couples would move to separate rooms.

Now though, people still marry for love and all of that, but a lot may marry simply because of legal concerns, or immigration concerns, financial concerns, and at the same time will divorce for the slightest infraction. Marry and divorce multiple times, even marrying with the divorce planned in the future.

I guess the fact this is still such a big issue for society at large is just a small sign that the Churches still have control and influence over our society.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think any two people who love each other and are of consenting legal age should be allowed allowed to get married if they so choose. As long as both people agree and are adults I think there's no issue whatsoever.

That's my 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join