It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did I join the Masons & What did I learn?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

[BUZZER] Wrong. I started the CHIP committee in Idaho and we don't actually put a microchip into kids. That's a ignorant assumption.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Anyone who digs around and reads the history of Templars can definitely find links between Masonry and Satanism. Albert Pike and Manly P Hall have some "questionable" material in their writings too.

by the waym WHY is this "society" so secretive? What's there to hide? To quote JFK, "The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"

[edit on 26-8-2010 by frozenspark]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

yea, up north they sing the stones "Hey You, get off of my cloud", down here in the south, they sing "Hey McLoud, get off of my euw"

It's a cultural thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I am not trying to be mean here, but you should read more than just the first sentence of things. There is a lot you are missing. JFK's speech was about the press reporting more than they should in terms of national security. JFK was a member of the Knights of Columbus, which is a group much like masonry but for catholics. Just as secret as masonry.

And masonry isn't secret. We keep the words and handshakes secret out of respect and honor, they can be found be any junior detective with a google machine. The real secrets of masonry can't be told or written down. they can only be experienced. And I should know, I am a high level mason.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

What I want to know is your opinion or knowledge about Templars and that they long ago "infiltrated" Scottish rite, and at the very top subverted the organization to Satanism. I don't know how accurate this is, but many sources lead me to believe that this is the case... a secret society WITHIN a secret society.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium

I want to join and the reason is I enjoy helping people and I also would like to learn more about me as a person and I am quite sure many of their teachings help oneself find oneself in a certain sense, it also opens up another part of your brain that has never been used very often am by this I mean the mock ceremonies and ritual magick practiced in some rites, so yeah if you don't mind posting why you joined and what you have learned so far that isnt a big secret please elborate so some of these ranters can get with reality.

You have quite a romantised picture of them. And you haven´t even become one of them.
I don´t doubt you would enjoy beeng a Mason.

Btw..for "enjoy helping people" you don´t need Masons.
Fins some humanitarian organisation and send money. Or find some homeless people in your town and feed them.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
First, allow me to encourage the OP, I think that anyone who has chosen to pursue personal growth has already chosen wisely, regardless of where they may turn, as they set out on that noble path.

But, there are some issues that will probably continue to follow you down that path, if you choose Masonry, as you can already see.

For example, I think the famous speech JFK gave back in 1963, before the National Press Club, 6 months before he was assassinated, needs to be confronted, head-on by Masonry today.

Can we clear the air?

Since that time, the steam continues to build, with a relatively recent Oli Stone movie, "JFK", thrown in for added emphasis. And yeah, he pretty much made some insinuations, which helped perpetuate the common notion, that Masons / Masonry, were behind the assassination.

People can find that Kennedy speech on YouTube, etc., but if someone knows what I'm referring to, JFK specifically called out "secret societies" in that speech. I believe many at the time were shocked quite frankly, that he would say such things publicly, but the upshot was that he was then on record for it.

And then he was killed.

THEN, a massive cover-up, by all appearances, that suggested involvement, and / or accomplices, at the very highest levels.

I'm not trying to derail this thread by opening up the JFK assassination, really I'm not. But the fact remains that the public today is virtually "unanimous" that the JFK assassination involved conspiracy, and probably a pretty high percentage continues to believe that the Masons were right smack in the middle of it (if not behind it).

I'm not sure "how" Masonry can be exonerated, maybe it never will be, but I can easily see why people continue to connect Masonry to "bad" things, like killing presidents.

"Should" Masons expect a pass on this one, because the Masons they happened to know, are nice old grandpas, decent family men, Christians, etc.?

Maybe not. Which is why people are going to say that "of course" they're not at a high-enough level! Well, compared to the good ole' boys club on the Warren Commission, maybe we can concede a small point here?

Anyway, regardless of where one stands on this matter, I think Masons would be doing themselves a big favor if they stopped just immediately "laughing" at the poor common man, who after all, may have some "real" reasons to think the way they do, after all the water under the bridge.

No doubt many Masons have dealt with this issue already, many times before, and probably did so with patience, and civility. But until this elephant in the living room goes away, I think that a fair amount of patience is going to be the better approach.

Think for a minute: The average bear out there, is going to see some of the "masonic" avatars, read a snide comment or two, and just go away feeling that their notions have been confirmed, yet again! No, it's not "reasonable" perhaps, but totally understandable.

JR

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

by the waym WHY is this "society" so secretive? What's there to hide? To quote JFK, "The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"

How are we secretive?

What do you know about the inner workings of any fraternity? Do you know their history? Their initiations? Their symbols, handshakes, secret words? Could you get into a Kappa party at your local university? Do you know why Basketball players or Football players make certain hand signals after touchdowns or big dunks?

We post our meeting times on our front doors. We wear our insignia. We welcome questions and we love to share. Our rituals are all over the internet, and we even refer to some of the published books. Our installation of officers every year is open to the public. Our charitable work, our taxes, our books are all open to the public. The only thing secret is our membership list, and I don't know of any decent organization that publishes their membership list? Not country clubs, not employers, not fraternities. But, even our membership list is not that hard to research for someone that is interested.

Secretive? Explain how we are any more secretive than any other organization please.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I will post that speech and then discuss it in a different thread.
I will link it here.

link

[edit on 26-8-2010 by network dude]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Trust me, use the search feature and I am sure you will find plenty of threads answering your question..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Anyone who has read the history of the Templars knows that the charges held against them were falsified. King Phillip trumped up charges and used "testimony" from Templars he had planted within their ranks. This is also the same king who paid men to have the Pope killed so he could occupy the Holy Chair with someone he could control like a puppet. During the Inquisition, the Inquisitors used extremely cruel methods of interrogation. The person being tortured would say anything to stop the pain and even when they did it wouldn't save them. They weren't looking to vendicate them, but crucify them...all over a debt owed by the French King.

And anyone who is a serious Templar historian knows that there is no direct connection to the Freemasons and even the best say there is no way currently to connect Freemasons and the Templars. Its all a theory.

There is nothing Satanic about what Albert Pike wrote. I'm not familiar with all of Hall's work so I cannot say that about him, but what I do know of his is not Satanic.

You do realize that JFK belonged to the Knights of Columbus (a Catholic fraternity) which under the conspiracy theorist requirements would put them as a secret society. And the Freemasons are not a secret society. They are society that meets privately. A secret society hides their meeting location and times, and their membership.

Here's a little history lesson. The AASR was started by York Rite Masons in South Carolina. The York Rite does have an order in it called "Order of the Temple", but we don't claim descendants from the Templars, but rather use their name in commemoration of their duty to protect the Christian faith.

I have personal theories about what happened to the Templars after the French Kings tyrannical inquisition of them, but its all theoretical and I'm still researching it.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by KSigMason]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Youre on buddy
BTW my grandfather was a mason in glasgow and he held it in very high regard, I too hope one day to be accepted among those ranks.
Congratulations and my respect to you already having done so, Im sure you have done and will do a lot of good.

yours sincerely

an aspiring hopeful future member
aka mackblack27

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
To all the men out there who want to be a Mason just ask. What are you waiting for?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i see 33 everywhere, does it mean time and space are initiating me into some secret path of some future discovery of higher being, or maybe it means were all doomed, remember in the movie -knowing-, 33 meant EE ... everyone else. maybe its simple brainwashing?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

My Godfather has been a mason for over 25 years he is at the top...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Why would you want to join an organization that came up with something like C.H.I.P anyways? For those who don't know what C.H.I.P is, its about masons convincing parents to chip their kids like dogs for "safety reasons".

[edit on 26-8-2010 by The_Zomar]

you are completly wrong I though the same thing read more here...

Would you let them implant a free microchip in your child?

What else have you been mis informed about?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by frozenspark
Tell me, are you 33rd degree mason? Was your grandfather a 33rd degree mason? Becoming a mason is not that hard you know, and even climbing up the rank is also not too difficult, so obviously they would guard their "secret" from some schmuck who just decided to join.

I'm not saying that Masons are Luciferian, but if they were, YOU or your grandpa sure as hell wouldn't know.

Are you a Mason?

How would you know how difficult it is or isn't to become one and move up the ranks? First of all, there is no such thing as a 33rd Degree Mason. There are only 3 degrees in Masonry. Everything after that is part of the appendent bodies, such as Scottish Rite. You can become the Grand Master of the state without ever having more than 3 degrees of Masonry!

Also, Masons police themselves. We have "Masonic Charges" that can be brought against any member acting inappropriately, and they can be barred from the fraternity.

Also, Masons undergo background checks and interviews even before being allowed to take the first step into Masonry. At each subsequent step along the way, they are questioned about their intentions and obligations.

So......yes it is fairly difficult to become a Mason. You have to have a clean record, believe in one ever-living God, and you have to be personally vouched for by 3 Masons on your application, and then 3 more on your interview committee. Then you have to get a unanimous vote from the Lodge to allow you to proceed through the degree work. Then you have to complete all 3 degrees with obligations.

The Masonic Fraternity....."Making Good Men......Better!"

Albert Pike- Morals and Dogma? Only 3 degrees? www.hermetics.org...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by nlouise]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
First, allow me to encourage the OP, I think that anyone who has chosen to pursue personal growth has already chosen wisely, regardless of where they may turn, as they set out on that noble path.

But, there are some issues that will probably continue to follow you down that path, if you choose Masonry, as you can already see.

For example, I think the famous speech JFK gave back in 1963, before the National Press Club, 6 months before he was assassinated, needs to be confronted, head-on by Masonry today.

Can we clear the air?

Since that time, the steam continues to build, with a relatively recent Oli Stone movie, "JFK", thrown in for added emphasis. And yeah, he pretty much made some insinuations, which helped perpetuate the common notion, that Masons / Masonry, were behind the assassination.

People can find that Kennedy speech on YouTube, etc., but if someone knows what I'm referring to, JFK specifically called out "secret societies" in that speech. I believe many at the time were shocked quite frankly, that he would say such things publicly, but the upshot was that he was then on record for it.

And then he was killed.

THEN, a massive cover-up, by all appearances, that suggested involvement, and / or accomplices, at the very highest levels.

I'm not trying to derail this thread by opening up the JFK assassination, really I'm not. But the fact remains that the public today is virtually "unanimous" that the JFK assassination involved conspiracy, and probably a pretty high percentage continues to believe that the Masons were right smack in the middle of it (if not behind it).

I'm not sure "how" Masonry can be exonerated, maybe it never will be, but I can easily see why people continue to connect Masonry to "bad" things, like killing presidents.

"Should" Masons expect a pass on this one, because the Masons they happened to know, are nice old grandpas, decent family men, Christians, etc.?

Maybe not. Which is why people are going to say that "of course" they're not at a high-enough level! Well, compared to the good ole' boys club on the Warren Commission, maybe we can concede a small point here?

Anyway, regardless of where one stands on this matter, I think Masons would be doing themselves a big favor if they stopped just immediately "laughing" at the poor common man, who after all, may have some "real" reasons to think the way they do, after all the water under the bridge.

No doubt many Masons have dealt with this issue already, many times before, and probably did so with patience, and civility. But until this elephant in the living room goes away, I think that a fair amount of patience is going to be the better approach.

Think for a minute: The average bear out there, is going to see some of the "masonic" avatars, read a snide comment or two, and just go away feeling that their notions have been confirmed, yet again! No, it's not "reasonable" perhaps, but totally understandable.

JR

Masons don't have to prove their innocence. I'm pretty sure that the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Also, where do you see Masons "laughing at the poor common man"? Masonry is, if anything, a cross-sectional view of society. It brings men of all walks of life together.

[edit on 8.26.2010 by NeutralGuard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join