It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's an excuse for drug companies and medical industry in general, to drug you up and make money off of you.

You should have that figured out yourself by now though.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I am happy for you and I mean that.. Do you think that if you stopped taking those pills now, you would return to your old way? Again, I dont want to be a prick, but there is ALWAYS another way.. Ying, Yang. Alfa, Omega, +,-. This life is not ment to be easy.. From difficulties we awaken from the mundane.. I hope all is well and want nothing but the best for all.

link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Being labeled adhd destroyed my scholastic life although I was ranked 99%plus nationwide. I wouldnt conform to behavior deemed appropriate and eventually dropped out as I realized in Highschool there was no place for my "being". I left to be free of rules and trust in myself to make something of myself since "school" was trying to change me so bad.

Excellent! A part of maturing as a human is to learn some reasonable amount of self-reliance and to think for oneself.

They dont like people who think for themselves because they themselves never had the courage.

The aim is indeed to tame which makes lame.

link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Don't you find it curious

that before ADHD was 'invented', along with its chemical 'cure

there weren't all these people claiming they or their children 'have ADHD' ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Interesting...so, how do you get a diagnosis if there isn't any testing that adequately diagnoses the problem?

ADD and ADHD lack the proper tests and procedures to adequately diagnose ANYTHING. With this in mind, it is up to the psychiatrist to make this determination without ANY basis to make the determination from.

Until they have adequate tests put in place to make this assessment, they shouldn't be prescribing anyone ANYTHING...period.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raabjorn

This thread has morphed into a "lets rag on the medical profession and pharmacology"

And personal attacks on those that disagree with the premise that there is in fact a malady called ADHD and Add. From my perception a few of those making the personal attacks are suffering from ADHD as their arguments, post have little cohesiveness.... all over the place; a symptom off ADD. Or it could be just trashy behavior.

The next time you get real sick, don't even think about a Medical doctor;
Some new age guru, witchdoctor can fix you up with herbs and incantations.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

No they called their children retarded, crazy, or in league with the devil, demonized, infected with spirits, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
ADHD is real as I suffer from it every hour of every day.

It has me trapped where the stupidest thing will light me up and am unable to calm down.

I have no idea what my head is doing from one minute to the next. I've had mini siezures because it's so bad. I get overwhelemed way to quickly and am unable to maintain proper focus.

I have to use illegals to keep it in cheque as if under when it happens I can deal with it much easier. Without it I'm a nervous wreck and can't do anything right.

In your case I would concede that there is an issue that requires treatment. But thats the exception not the rule.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah, I'd much rather herbs and home remedies to medication that can permanently alter brain chemistry due to the fact that there are NO TESTS that prove the existence of ADD and ADHD.

And no, this thread hasn't morphed into anything. You made a decision to post from the information that you have seen echoing throughout this thread from beginning to end. Therefore, you have chosen your side to make the claim of your choosing based on the initial direction of the thread. Just because you don't like the direction, does not mean that it has changed into anything whatsoever. It started off as ADHD doesn't exist, and most people are in support of this theory. If you don't like it, start your own thread.

And, if you think that the Pharmaceutical companies are doing such a good job, why don't you volunteer as a lab rat so that we can know the definitive results of the medications that they consistently approve before the companies know the results. This is the very reason why today's miracle drug is pulled 5 years from now, because they ultimately always find THE HARD WAY about disgusting side-effects that are harmful to the human body. Happens all the time.

I'd rather them test their medication on a trusting genius like yourself as opposed to our children who's minds haven't even fully developed.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I am qualified enough to make you respond to my post. A big response at that.. Wouldnt your time have been spent better trying to understand my thought process? Belitlle me at will, for I have a wide back. It just proves to the site what i'm trying to say..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What you seek is perfection.. It's non existant in humans.. I wish it were but I know it isnt. Live with your flaws, exept your flaws, and make your flaws your strenght.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Your post is not helpful because it misinforms.

Well, my thread brought up your heart-touching story of a family who went through much difficulty and eventually overcame it. I starred your post. Truly excellent.

I still dont agree with the label ADHD and the treatment-methods and still think that most cases are not like yours. But I never said "suffering doesnt exist".

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

No they called their children retarded, crazy, or in league with the devil, demonized, infected with spirits, etc.

That's nonsense. They called them no such thing

C'mon now. Where were all these children before ADHD was invented , along with its handy chemical 'cure' ?

And why did parents leap on ADHD as if it were their get-out-of-jail-free card ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

To true. But then the question begs, do any mainstream doctors you know diagnose people with these factors in mind. Alternative medicine takes all aspects into consideration, even emotional ones. They look at the body as a whole and factor in every bit of information from your day to day life. Last time I checked mainstream doctors take symptoms and then prescribe whatever pill they're being told to give you by big pharma. I had a friend who worked making medicines ( chemistry and all that stuff I know nothing about) she was so appalled at the stupidity of how they were made, taking balanced remedies from nature, which is where most medicines come from, then throwing away the bits that seemed to have no function, upsetting the balance of the original compound. In her Phd opinion that was the reason why todays medicine had so many side-effects. She left her job.
I'm not invulnerable to illness, in fact by most standards I'm leading a very unhealthy life, but one thing I've always maintained is to severly limit the amount times I think it necessary to go to the doctor. I go to a homeopath and get herbal remedies. If you're really, really ill or broke a leg then by all means gorto the doctor, but also seek out alternatives. Thats all I'm saying.
Flouride-geez, don't get me started, that has nothing to do with healthy teeth...but that would take up a whole other thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And why did parents leap on ADHD as if it were their get-out-of-jail-free card ?

Because an excuse was much easier than having to deal with their children.

at least in some cases IMO...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well done.

I'm glad that others are pointing out the nonsense of these very weak arguments.

star from me...

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

They are very difficult, but with enough effort you eventually get through to them.

oh Sky...really? Really?

:-)

no - we are not difficult to reach - please

again - you give yourself away

I think part of the problem from the beginning of this thread is that you thought you would be safe and could say anything you wanted - because you were sure you wouldn't have to debate children

some of us grew up - and we know what we know

try again

link   
oops

[edit on 8/22/2010 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh yeah, if only there were a pill for common sense. In my opinion this is whats lacking when people consider what to do when they get ill. There are so many ways to treat the human body. Why limit to mainstream science?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

He wasn't ADHD! He just couldn't use his hands well! Of course today he plays a mean game of tennis. Left, Right, doesn't matter. lol

The school had been testing him and testing him - IQ, verbal and expressive ability - he kept coming out VERY high. So they decided he had to be adhd.

Anyone different from the collective is viewed with suspicion.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join