It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to post this link again, since my post above probably was passed over.

This is for those that have a child that "seems" ADD or ADHD.

I swear by this theory, it is helpful and uplifting to those that need answers.

www.thomhartmann.com...

edit link

[edit on 22-8-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
reply to post by nixie_nox

Some kids dont like school, I didnt. I slept through classes and never brought a book home.. Graduated without and flunked courses..

Do you like football? If you dont, imagine if I was to call it a disease? Are all kids suppose to behave the same way? It reminds me of the film THE WALL when all the kids are falling into the meet grinder.

Rehashing the same point doesn't make it work any more then the first failed time.

First off, if you don't know the difference between a disorder and a disease, you shouldn't be making judgements...at all.

A disease is a physical manifestation. Like cancer. A disorder, is a mental illness, or a disease causing a mental illness, that disrupts a person's life.
OCD, obbessive compulsive disorder. Where someone repeats an action and major phobias that disrupts their life till they can't function.

Again, ADHD is a disorder, not a disease. It is not a kid who has a lot of energy. If that were teh case, after school sports would take care of it, but they can't concentrate on anything for more then a few seconds before being distracted. Their minds are described as someone flipping the channel on the tv at 90 mph. They can't hold still, it is torture. They feel like they have restless leg syndrome, all throughout their body, that never goes away. Imagine, never feeling like you can hold still. After a few years, you would beg for drugs too.

I love it when healthy people think that they don't have anything wrong with them, so therefore nothing can be wrong with anyone else.

Must be so nice.

There could be a hundred different reasons you didn't do well in school. You are one single person, and your circumstances do not dictate the lives of 350 million other people. Don't flatter yourself.

I don't like football. It is boring. I do like horseracing and hockey. That is not a disease to like something either.

Understand medicine before spewing such nonsense.

Now if I liked hockey till I watched it 24/7, ignored my family, lost my job, and lost weight because I didn't want to leave watchign it to eat, that is a disorder.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Originally posted by Skyfloating

Are you passionate about proving ADHD exists or passionate about your child getting better? To me there is a difference.

Gets my nomination for Post of the Day

Forced me to log-in, in order to Star it

Actually its a stupid comment.

If one needs to get better - - - what are they getting better from?

If there is a problem - - - diagnoses is the first step in determining a path of treatment.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

You make me giggle

It works somehow, if you have ADHD / ADD you mellow down ALOT like a zombie and after awhile you will be normalized with the drugs... and forget all about your special mind, and suddenly you re a SHEEP Congrats. if you think its perfect go and pop as much you want, if you think it works for you go for it mate.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I love it when healthy people think that they don't have anything wrong with them, so therefore nothing can be wrong with anyone else.

Must be so nice.

That's the thing. Healthy people aren't like this. They have empathy, care, and understand that people have different circumstances.

What is displayed by sky and these deniers is a complete apathy towards the genuine suffering of these individuals and the families they come from.

It's extreme narcissism, such as NPD or APD.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by Skyfloating

So is there any evidence supporting the fact that ADHD doesn't exist? Or is this just your opinion? I absolutely agree with almost everything you've stated in the OP. However, you've provided no evidence supporting the title of this thread, which was stated as a fact. Do you have any, or have you mislabeled the thread title?

Cheers,
Strype

Proof?

Here ya go:

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_5

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_1

www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_b_11

I could go on and on. Research takes time and requires desire to find truth. Most prefer to just take the advise of strangers as the easy way out to their children's demise.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by romanmel]

Books from Amazon.com DO NOT equal "proof"....

this subject is up for debate for a lot of reasons - you're not going to find a simple answer listening to a moderator's OPINION or by reading pop-culture books. This thread started as a non-acceptable hoax the minute Sky stated something "as fact" without any proof...

Most of my life I had an incredible inability to pay attention, until I learned to fix that by meditation, change of diet, learning to relax and focus, decrease anxiety.... and I still have it! I'm much better most of the time but it's something that I feel is hard-wired into me. Call it what you like but for WHATEVER reason many people in this world have a very hard time paying attention, even to reading a single paragraph, or a single sentence.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree wholeheartedly. I haven't been to the doctor or dentist for um...15 years now maybe more and yet the people around me who are always going to the doctor for small problems popping pills all the time are, big surprise, sick more often. i went to the dentist this year thinking i may need something and he told me I was bad for business. Ha ha. I had to laugh cause I had wasted money to be told what I knew already, that I was in good working order. I'm no health freak either.
I know someone who when he was a child had adhd really bad. He was completely uncontrollable. Insane. It made his life hell. His parents chose to take him to a homeopath who simply identified certain foods he should not eat and after that he was completely cured and the best bit is he isn't drugged up, he still retains that amazing bubbly, charismatic, artistic personality. I compare that to another person I know whose child is similiar and has been put on ritalin and other drugs with very little improvmnet never mind the damage thes drugs could be doing. Western medicine is unbalanced and often brutal. There are always other alternatives that work with the body and provide more positive results.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, because I still believe Skyfloating's was a great post

Those of us who've seen parents happily bestow the ADHD label to their kids suspect those parents will fight dementedly in defence of ADHD (the reasons for their doing so are numerous)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

So does that mean that everyone who you consider normal wont have any of that medical oxygenization crap you mentioned.. NO.. Grasping there buddy.. If we were to scan 100 of the so called normal people with that sophisticated scan you are talking about, they would all have those on their scans.. Again, it's just manipulation..

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The way you are talking, why not drug everyone as soon as they are born and then the world will be paradise..

If you think that the ones that are medically normal are perfect, you are sadly mistaken

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Grossac]

You like to jump to quick, baseless opinions don't you?

Who said I want to drug them all. Actually, they just need a different program in school that is geared to their learnign style. Teaching in short bursts and in a way that can hold their attention.

I also didn't say that people who are healthy are perfect, just that people assume that on a singularly personal basis that if nothing is wrong with them, that nothing is wrong with anyone else either, medically speaking. Ignorance at its best.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've never understood why parents are so easy to drug their kids. An easy fix, I guess. Instead of working with the child or create an outlet they drug them. I'm not saying there's no such thing as ADHD. I believe there are cases, maybe a good bit. My thought to that is it's caused by the vaccinations that are injected into our children before their little brains are even close to being developed.

Something along these same lines happened with my daughter. She's having a hard time right now. Her Dad has a gf and she's a real bitch to the kids. She's going through puberty, she missed me that day because I was running my gf shop. She was upset all around when he came to get her, she was almost in tears. He told her he thought she was bi-polar and wanted to take her to see a psychiatrist??? These are all normal feelings and emotions for any kid, much less a little girl. If things were different custody wise he wouldve taken her too. There are Drs out there who wouldve been very ok with putting her on meds.

It's ridiculous and disturbing. Making liitle zombies that are easily controlled. Children who really can think for orr act for themselves, it's a shame.

[edit on 8/22/10 by Demetre]

link   

I'm sorry if I angered you.. That is not my intention at all.. All I'm saying is that there is nothing. I believe you have to understand that the human spirit has been manipulated since the begining of time and this is no different.. An example? Hitler burned his own parliment to get people to want to go to war. That simple manipulation of the masses is what started world war 2....

As for your illness, tell me about it? Why are you on medication? I'm sure with all the resources on this site and the good people who truely want to help and COULD help, there are different alternatives..

Again, my intention is not to anger you or make you feel irrelivent. I for one do appologize. It doesnt matter if you take meds or not, the end result will be the same. Peace be with you.

I don't need any help from anyone. I have a very happy life. I am an artist and a web designer living and married in Brighton, but it was not always that way. My ADD was so bad, i could not function properly. I done bad at school, not that i did not try, i tried my *ss to do well. But its hard when you can't concentrate. Even when i tried, my mind would always wonder off. If its with reading,watching or listening, i just could not do it.

So, i left work and got a crappy job in a warehouse. Even in a job like this, i ran into loads of problems because of my lack of concentration. Istarted taking driving lessons, but i had to stop because i would start to daydream while i was driving and not listen to what he was saying. My life was at a really low point. I knew something was wrong, but i did not know what to do about it.

I started studying again, doing IT and web design, but it was usless. I would sit there reading, then i would start daydreaming and before i knew it, i had finished the page and took nothing in. No matter how much i tried, i just could not do it!

Anyways, i went to the doctor and told him everything, and how it was ruining my life. He sent me to a psychiatrist. After a while, and after she spoke to family and friends, she diagnosed me with ADD. She siad i had a very bad case with it, and medication could help.

I started taking ritalin and nothing really changed, apart from a few .aches, but after a while things did change. The differnce was quite amazing. I suffered from this for such a long time, and for the first time, i was focused. I could read,talk and listen to people without spacing out all the time. Instead of 5 things going through my mind, there was just one.

I carried on studying, and it seemed so easy now, and i passed and now i work as a web designer.

One thing i miss, is my imagination. I lived in my own imagination for a long time, and that has kinda been taken away since i have been taking ritalin.

I know 100% that ADD is real, and it does get upsetting when people say its BS.

link   
reply to post by Grossac

Your "doctorate in life" is worth nothing, germane to trying to analyze and debunk ADD and similar ailments. Living X amount of years doesn't mean you're qualified for anything, except vital functions like eating.

I never said having a doctorate made someone a "god" on any certain subject. Way to dishonestly put words in my mouth. Way to uselessly exaggerate what I said, while we're at it.

You don't even know what I believe. You certainly aren't qualified to determine whether or not I'm brainwashed. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say you are the one who is brainwashed.

You are so brainwashed by the world of conspiracy theories that you can't see the value in going to school for a period of time, in order to gain expertise in a subject.

You are so brainwashed, that you have somehow tricked yourself into thinking that your meager and unqualified judgments on the matter. Are good enough to stand against years of schooling, discipline, peer review, the scientific method, and a whole host of other checks and balances built into the post-graduate educational system.

In other words, you think you know better than every doctor who has ever declared ADD and similar ailments real. And that is a monumental act of egotism and worthless vanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by number38

And people who have health problems go to the doctor for them. You are trying to make a point out of common sense.

Nothing hurts, nothing bothers you, therefore you don't go to the dr. geee

Funny how that works.

And studies have come out recently that the state of your teeth can be hereditary. That is why some people can brush and floss 10 times a day and still need work.Others can brush them once a week and be fine. A dentist can help detect problems early and thwart them fro those who do not have strong teeth.

There are also other factors as in how much sweets are eaten, if the water is flouridated, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin

You make me giggle

It works somehow, if you have ADHD / ADD you mellow down ALOT like a zombie and after awhile you will be normalized with the drugs... and forget all about your special mind, and suddenly you re a SHEEP Congrats. if you think its perfect go and pop as much you want, if you think it works for you go for it mate.

What the hell are you talking about! If anything, since i have been taking medication, i have not stopped working and travelling, and even an artist. I lived in China for a year, i travelled asia and parts of europe. I do my work as a web designer, so i am self employed. I am also an artist and sell my art in Brighton. All this after i started taking medication. Does that sound like a sheep, or a zombie to you?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Well, I'm glad you like hockey.. I hope you're a Habs fan.. Do you think I'm trying to anger you? Your obvious number of 350 million people has you trapped in the insanity that's calleD the western zeitgeist.. Think global.. 30000 kids die of HUNGER everyday and here we are talking about a DISORDER... I think we all have a disorder on that point alone.. Peace.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

That was my point.

Namaste and Love

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Grossac

Nice try to derail with teh starving children in Africa. But ADD/ADHD is a very serious disorder.

Imagine a teen with ADHD with a cell and a car?

Or leaving a stove on?

Or a hundred other things that need a person's concentration, that they can't concentrate on?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
ADHD is not abount not being interested to do something, it's about not being able to do it at all.

If I may respectfully disagree. It is my experience that they are able if addressed correctly.

Ive been around "ADHDs". They are very difficult, but with enough effort you eventually get through to them.

The problem is that teachers lack the time and resources to invest that effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join