It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Again, how is "overabundance of energy" a mental illness? I never claimed it was, you keep saying mental illness. I do not believe adhd is a mental illness, but a cluster of energy/attention related symptoms that are due to organic brain chemistry.

You actually agree with me that a mental disorder (which is what it is known as by press, media, schools) called ADHD does not exist.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Adillin2012
It's funny how I posted scientific evidence stating that the certain parts of the brain are smaller in children with ADHD (confirming that it's a real disorder) yet people are still arguing about it.

Yes - Thank You Adillin

As long as they can find some research claim that opposes yours - - they must be right.

They don't care. They just want to blame it on lazy parenting or teachers.

Its funny how I challenged that information and then addressed both of you who are agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, and still have gotten no intellectual response from either of you.

Very funny. Very interesting.

Hard facts. Not conjecture. I hope you understand what that means.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree that ADHD or ADD are over diagnosed, but what do you propose to do when a child CAN NOT sit through a class or stay focused long enough to learn the basics of math, reading, etc?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
Here's some information about ADD and ADHD if one were to take the time to read it, they might educate themselves on some very real topics.

UK creates investigation into sudden increases in the diagnosis of ADD and

I'd like to know why there is also an increase in Autism.

Because there are similarities between Autism and ADD/ADHD.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A powerful unique mind getting screwed up cause our world now has been walking in a cynical road for a long time, so we all pop and pop and feel Normal, guess what nobody knows what normal is... its just all arguing what is.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
[

Its funny how I challenged that information and then addressed both of you who are agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, and still have gotten no intellectual response from either of you.

Very funny. Very interesting.

Hard facts. Not conjecture. I hope you understand what that means.

It is not funny nor interesting.

You would not accept anything that is not hard fact - - because you don't want to.

There are lots of things in this world that can not be explained by "cold hard facts". Science is limited to KNOWN knowledge. Science is NOT the End all - - due to its limitations.

Much about the brain is still unknown - - as science research is ongoing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What ?

You answered that yourself.. just look at your self.. thats it ... your inner self...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
What ?

You answered yourself.. just look at your self.. thats it ... your inner self...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Vicodin]

Ok, you can't answer it. Thats all i need to know.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Feels you are getting personal all of the sudden, what are you trying?
Prove that Ritalin works wonders?? i have lost friends cause the doctors mistreat them with that nonsense.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adillin2012

You cite 'books' and 'journals' as evidence that ADHD exists

Fine if you're content to rely on those for confirmation - and choose to ignore the hundreds of books and journals which were written specifically to 'confirm' the need for women to take HRT

Somewhere, I have a number of exposes of 'books' and 'journals' that are tailored to conform with 'experts' claims re: this or that drug which in turn is cited as the 'new cure', supposedly based on cutting edge 'research' and 'latest scientific developments'

The exposes list numerous such books and journals, written specifically to order, so they can bolster acceptance of drugs and treatment. The publishing of such books and journals is in fact an industry in itself

Take HRT for example. Thousands of articles were published touting HRT as the new miracle cure for dozens of symptoms supposedly caused by menopause

Doctors received bonuses in the form of money, expensive gifts, overseas travel, vehicles etc. for pushing HRT

Deaths and permanently disabling conditions caused by HRT were ruthlessly and deliberately withheld from the public in proportion to teh foisting of HRT on the public. It went on for years. Until the magnitude of HRT's harmful effects began poking through the smokescreen of lies by the medical and pharmaceutical industries

Menopause was described in the most misleading manner imaginable. It was claimed, for example, that until recently, menopausal women died or were thrust into insane asylums. The dishonesty of the medical profession and Big Pharma were grotesque.

Women began researching their family-tree and learning their grandmother's and great grandmother's generations lived to advanced old age and few if any had spent time in insane asylums

But such was the power of the combined medical, pharmaceutical and publishing industries, that brazen lies about menopause and about HRT, that people were dazzled by the combination of fake-concern about women of menopausal age and about the wonders of 'medical science'

The wondrous claims for HRT were as phony as the 'Lose 16 pounds in 5 days ' snake-oil merchants. But they'd been granted respectability by the 'scientific articles' within 'books and journals'

We saw it again more recently with regard to the ' Swine/Bird flu' hysteria of last year, where the media claimed hundreds/thousands were dying with millions supposedly to die worldwide. Governments were compelled by the deliberate campaign to purchase tens of millions of doses of the alleged antidote at a cost of billions, worldwide

The media, both televised and print, succeeded in terrifying tens of millions of people in an orchestrated and mischievous campaign of lies

Western and other nations are currently disposing of those millions of vaccines. And the media reveals now that only a handful people died of the predicted 'pandemic', with the World Health Organisation NOW declaring that the alleged 'killer flu' was in fact less serious and affected less people than the standard, ordinary variety

Yet at the time, the topic created huge controversy in this and other forums as well as being exhaustively debated on tv programmed devoted to the predicted killer disease which had the alleged capacity to reduce the world's population by half or more. And yes, 'books and journals' were hot on the bandwagon, citing figures and 'research' and producing diagrams of the organs which would be turned to black mush by the threatened pandemic which promised to provide unimaginable wealth to the orchestrators of the farce

So as we know, for every book and journals that can confirm what we wish to believe -- there are an equal number of books and journals which dispute those claims

Just depends upon which books and journals we choose to believe and cite, doesn't it ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Prove that Ritalin works wonders?? i have lost friends cause the doctors mistreat them with that nonsense.

What were their causes of death?
I don't need any personal information. Just asking the cause of death, of each of them.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

I told you how my life has improved in many ways. I asked you if that sounded like i was zombied out, you said yes. Now, because you said yes, i asked you to explain how you came to that conclusion? bet you refuse to answer that, and chances are, its because you can't.

I am not getting personal, i jsut want you to explain what you meant. If you can't then just say.

Are you saying you knew someone who died taking ritalin? Please explain

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Jay-morris]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

And you just make up stuff on the spot. Like.....

that before ADHD was 'invented', along with its chemical 'cure

Claiming that ADHD was invented with Ritalin.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned - - the Cold Hard Fact Skeptics are idiots.

They always remind me of the guy who quit the Patent Office - - because every thing could be invented already was.

Sure facts are great if you have them. Its always great if science can back something up with facts.

But they keep researching don't they? Why? Because they are smart enough to know they don't have all the answers.

What good is a closed minded research scientist?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Vaccinations have been blamed in the recent increases in child autism.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Of course they are idiots...

To someone who has no facts in which to back their opinions.

BEFORE YOU MEDICATE A CHILD WITH PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS WITH LONG-LASTING SIDE-EFFECTS, THERE SHOULD BE PROTOCOLS PUT INTO PLACE SO THAT DAMAGE CAN BE AVOIDED.

If you think putting kids on drugs like these is acceptable to you without having any scientific evidence to back it, then by all means...have a child and then experiment. Won't hurt me any.

And then, we'll see who the idiot is. Calling someone an idiot because they want to know more information before drugging their child is absolutely nonsensical and lame. You can insult me all you would like, but, that doesn't at all make your case look any better.

I got a better idea. Why don't we just drug everyone up at birth so that way there are no differences in behavior at all. Sound like a plan to you? I mean, if there are no protocols to inform us of whether or not a child actually suffers from this, then it would be just as safe to put EVERYONE on it...RIGHT? That way we don't have to worry about exact sciences and eliminate all the guess work.

DUH

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

And you just make up stuff on the spot. Like.....

that before ADHD was 'invented', along with its chemical 'cure

Claiming that ADHD was invented with Ritalin.

Byteman, as I've already stated, I appreciate that you feel personally threatened by this thread topic, as is obvious

So people are giving you a lot of latitude

I'm hoping you'll step back from it a bit until you feel you can post without personally attacking others and trying to provoke equally personal response. I hope you will, anyway

It's a forum. No one here is going to come to your home and strip you of ADHD, ok ?

So please don't be so fearful

and when you've calmed down, try to ask yourself why -- if you're so convinced of the rightness of your argument --- you feel so threatened by a mere topic in one of hundreds of online discussion sites

If ADHD were as cast in stone as some are claiming

there wouldn't be any need for people to desperately defend it -- would there ?

So clearly, those who are so frantically defending it realise that ADHD stands on shaky ground

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Looks like we have another winner of a post.

I support everything that you said.

Another star from me...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

and when you've calmed down, try to ask yourself why -- if you're so convinced of the rightness of your argument --- you feel so threatened by a mere topic in one of hundreds of online discussion sites

That's a bad argument. I'm not going to participate in this thread, so I'll jump right to Godwin's Law: does the fact that many Jew get very upset at Holocaust deniers indicate a latent fear on their part, that the entire thing was an imagined hoax? Or are they instead shocked by the callousness of those who would claim that millions of well-document deaths never happened?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join