It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 15
90
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Yes, i have experience with this nonsense called ADHD ADD ... People out there most of you out there... thinks Medications is the solution for a "disorder" even the doctors dont know what it is.
its nice to see some out there havent felt down into this trap dumbing our kids down, you all should stop trying so hard to fit in.. cause look at us!

JUST LOOK AT US! we have evolved from a perfect slave working unit, to a coach eating whiners.. our kids have to sit in a class room everyday for several hours... they need to get out and move alittle use your body, cause you know what! our mind and body is connected, so sitting still all day aint helping.. we have become a Lazy kind and, at the same time in this modern times, WE MEDICATE to fit in ... you dont see the long term damage... we just see a kid shutting up and seems like they are listening...

Shame on our dumb mind, so god damn gullible minds, we dont think by our self anymore, cause you know what! just a Pill and my Sofa my Telly, cause my MEDIA is telling me how it really is...

Its ton of help out there, in the right way, but understand that its getting pushed away and hidden, oh cause we need to treat it without even thinking, cause we have peeps out there thinking for us you know "Professionals"

enough said.




posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


Just curious. Do you believe there is such a thing as "Oppositional Defiant Disorder", or Explosive Personality?

Not asking for any particular reason.


Simply curiosity.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Nah, coc aine is very much in the same field. It is a stimulant, very much like adderol and ritalin. You might want to do your own research especially since YOU'RE ON THE DRUG ITSELF. That's the problem here, you're on a drug that you have no understanding of.

And the side effects are just about identical since they affect the seratonin receptors. Oops.
addadhdadvances.com...
www.pediatricneurology.com...
en.wikipedia.org...


MPH possesses structural similarities to amphetamine, and, though it is less potent, its pharmacological effects are even more closely related to those of coc aine[1]
OUCH!!! That last sentence can be found on the last link I provided.

Here's the source on that: ^ Leith NJ, Barrett RJ (1981). "Self-stimulation and amphetamine: tolerance to d and l isomers and cross tolerance to coc aine and methylphenidate". Psychopharmacology (Berl.) 74 (1): 23–8. doi:10.1007/BF00431751. PMID 6791199.

For your sake, we should go no further...

Are there any other arguments that you would like to have? And its sad when you say that one has to laugh because...You're right. Its your brain chemistry...not mine. So, the joke is on you.


[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]


Again, you think you know more about me than me lol I don't know where you are from, but in the uk, if you want to start taking anything like ritalin, then you are told the good, and the bad about the drug, so, no, i don't need to know anymore about the drug, as i know enough. You dont think i just started taking it without knowing what i was in for?

And again i will ask you this. Are you saying there is no medication out there with bad side effects? Say for bipolar? And do you think people should not take them?

And what the hell is it with your arragonce "for your sake, we should not go further" lol



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd
 


Nice research but any and all action will cause specific brain imaging results.. If I'm angry, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm hyper active, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm LYING, it will show up in one of those scans.. If you take a so called normal person and a so called ADHD person's brain scan, obviously they will be different. It doesnt mean it's an illness.. Is bullying an illness? If so, alot of cops should take presciption drugs. Is daydreaming an illness? If so, alot of inventors, writers should take prescription drugs.. COME ON!!!



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Yes, i have experience with this nonsense called ADHD ADD ... People out there most of you out there... thinks Medications is the solution for a "disorder" even the doctors dont know what it is.
its nice to see some out there havent felt down into this trap dumbing our kids down, you all should stop trying so hard to fit in.. cause look at us!

JUST LOOK AT US! we have evolved from a perfect slave working unit, to a coach eating whiners.. our kids have to sit in a class room everyday for several hours... they need to get out and move alittle use your body, cause you know what! our mind and body is connected, so sitting still all day aint helping.. we have become a Lazy kind and, at the same time in this modern times, WE MEDICATE to fit in ... you dont see the long term damage... we just see a kid shutting up and seems like they are listening...

Shame on our dumb mind, so god damn gullible minds, we dont think by our self anymore, cause you know what! just a Pill and my Sofa my Telly, cause my MEDIA is telling me how it really is...

Its ton of help out there, in the right way, but understand that its getting pushed away and hidden, oh cause we need to treat it without even thinking, cause we have peeps out there thinking for us you know "Professionals"

enough said.


What!!!!! :/



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88
 


Good post.

You are 100% correct.

Unless a person has actually gone through having ADHD, a child with ADHD or a professional that has patients with ADHD, they should keep their mouth shut.

Anyone that has not dealt with this on a day to day basis is totally clueless.

Even professionals aren't as aware as a parent that has gone through having a ADHD child.

A professional can hang up their clean starched white lab coat and walk out the door of their office and return to their "normal" life each day at 5:00 PM.

My life with ADHD never ended, I couldn't hang up my lab coat and walk out, this issue, for me was and still is 24/7.

As stated before, my son is wonderful, if given a choice I would have him all over again but the last 33 years have been rough and I wouldn't wish this on any of you out there.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


what!!! :/, does your medication work? This started when some researchers or doctors found out that some minds out there is working pretty good, and they found out they needed to dumb us special kids down.. Like someone here stated, what about Tesla and Einstein , what world would we live in if this nonsense existed when they was born.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


Where did you get your Doctorate in Physiology, Biology, Medicine, Psychiatry, or Psychology?

How about sharing your qualifications in pediatric medicine.
Surely you have that?

Do you have ANY personal qualifications or certifications that backup your claim?

Or, are you another armchair doctor who thought about it for a short time and figured your short time of pondering somehow equaled 7+ years of school?



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


what!!! :/, does your medication work? This started when some researchers or doctors found out that some minds out there is working pretty good, and they found out they needed to dumb us special kids down.. Like someone here stated, what about Tesla and Einstein , what world would we live in if this nonsense existed when they was born.


Off course my medication works! As for the rest of your post. Maybe you should try wording it a bit better



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman
 


Whether or not you agree with the OP, you must admit that there is a lot of discussion here and I for one, am learning a lot.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by number38
It also makes me think of a documentary I watched concerning lobotomies. Very scary. You could have your wayward child lobotomised in your kitchen, home visits of the horror kind, ewww. Parents didn't even have to have a serious reason. Brutal stuff that messed up the victims for the rest of their lives. This was happening from 1935 right up till the sixties



"Trusted academic authorities" are not without error and should not be seen as being without fail. This goes for ADHD too. Todays facts are tommorows myths.

Believe it or not, some STILL think Lobotomy is a good idea to "cure" people.



Ritalin was once described to me by a med student as simply being like slow acting coc aine. Would you give your kid this crap?


Ritalin, Cocaine and ADHD: The Controversy



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating
 


Just to be clear here. ADHD is a lot more then people with extra energy.

No one ever complains about having too much energy.


The concentration issues are what really get people.

And if you don't suffer from it, you can't understand it.

The adults I watch who suffer from it, have trouble keeping jobs, have trouble sleeping, have trouble keeping one thought constant in their head. You ask them to do something, and they forget it seconds later.They pay with failed relationships and their jobs.

It is not pleasant.

Understand the disorder before you make such a blanket statement.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
this thread got crazy lol hate to say it but ive ben on some add meds an none effect me like speed all add meds ive taken do is calm me down and help me focus so i don't goof off when im suppose to be working and not getting distracted off every lil flashy and distracting thing



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


what!!! :/, does your medication work?
In debate, one has lost the battle when one resorts to personal attacks.


Not cool. Not helpful to the debate. Just nasty.

Pointing out the example of bad debate form for educational purposes.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Dont get me started on bipolar etc.. All dislexia is, is a larger right hemisphere in the brain.. It may inhibit learning skills but I'm sure it improves others. If you want to be a borg go ahead and join the collective.. I for one will resist. It isnt futile. It sounds like you want everyone to be the same..



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


oh u could see that
Thats my "disorder"



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Dont get me started on bipolar etc.. All dislexia is, is a larger right hemisphere in the brain.. It may inhibit learning skills but I'm sure it improves others. If you want to be a borg go ahead and join the collective.. I for one will resist. It isnt futile. It sounds like you want everyone to be the same..
What exactly in Jay Ms posts indicate he would like all people to be the same, and again we have the name calling personal attack.

A few examples of your claim would be nice.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd
 

Does there really need to be a conspiracy when profits are involved?

Really?

Conspiracy???

Let's not degrade this thread anymore than it needs to be. You first started off with the Tom Cruise routine before I broke down that logic, and now you're going the conspiracy route.

It seems that maybe...you're in need of meds.



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

I really do feel that in our case my step daughter was abused by her mother and the psychiatrist. I'm angry with the fact that she was given these medications without proper diagnosis and in her case they rushed a diagnosis just to get her on meds and make her more tolerable.



Appalling.


Add 6 Million people on Ritalin in the U.S., 75% of them Kids (see previous link).

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Skyfloating]



posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater
 


Yeah, they use the same test to tell if you're lying.. Does that make the person mental? It's easy to categorize and segragate the social structure of mankind. Ask why and perhaps the truth will become apparent to you.



new topics

top topics



 
90
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join