It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Grossac
Society is changing.. Humanity is evolving, when 51% of kids are labeled as ADHD, would nt that make the other 49% out of the norm? Would they be given drugs to make them more hyper?
Originally posted by Dock9
It's a forum. No one here is going to come to your home and strip you of ADHD, ok ?
So please don't be so fearful\
Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Jay-morris
Your inability to focus stems from being human. Your inherent need to think about a million things at once is called multitasking. Your restlessness is a result of nerves and being alive.
I had the same garbage and they tried to diagnose me with the same thing. In fact, most people have those same symptoms, and I cannot think of ONE KID who actually wants to be in a stuffy classroom as opposed to being outside, or even daydreaming about being outside.
Kids are hyper naturally. ALL OF THEM. You weren't any more so than any kid that I currently know.
They told you that you had ADD because they knew that your parents would believe it. They put you on drugs so that they could get paid, your parents wouldn't have to parent, and so that you would be more manageable EVERYONE INVOLVED...period.
If you want to claim your ADD with pride, then so be it. If you want to take your ritalin because you've been doing it for years...great. But, that doesn't mean that every kid who has energy and has fun, needs to be drugged to the teeth so that they're more manageable.
[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]