It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Adhd/add is on shakey ground because people are defending it! that is a very weak argument. I remember a thread not long ago about "being Gay is a choice" people were defending that, does it mean that the topic, or the belief is on shakey ground? of course not. In any subject, you will get people saying this and that about something, thats life.

Im defending because i have ADD, so i know first hand what it is, and what it feels like.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I think it would be best it we remained on topic, don't you ?

Let's stick to medical conspiracies and the ruthless exploitation of millions of people worldwide by Big Pharma and its manipulation of the medical industry

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How long was it before science discovered where Malaria came from?

How long was it before science discovered the cause of Polio?

Brain dysfunctions/damage exists. Just because it can't be pinpointed exactly - - does not mean it does not exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Hmmm...

How about the callousness of putting millions of kids on psychotropic and psychoactive drugs that probably don't need them?

www.naturalnews.com...
www.edmontonjournal.com...
www.canada.com...

Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

i probably haven't seen all of your posts but from what I read, your claiming that there is no "clinical evidence" that it exists. I already showed there was and I'm not going to continue arguing about that. I could show more articles, but most aren't open to the general public without a paid subscription. If anyone is really interested, I'll give links to the abstracts.

Your next point was that because there is no conclusive test for ADHD, it must not exist. Well there are no conclusive diagnostic tests for diseases such as Crohn's Disease or Parkinson's...yet they exist. So your argument isn't valid.

But I guess because there's no blood test
to determine if one has the disease, the disease is fake. I guess we must ignore the fact that the regions of the brain responsible for decision making are impaired... all because there is no definitive lab test to prove that someone has it. I suppose we could give every child an MRI, but that is expensive and probably not accurate unless the child's behavior is also observed. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not too sure.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Adillin2012]

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Adillin2012]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well...I just love that argument.

How can you trust science to discover it at all if they still haven't found the cure for the common cold?

And, since ADHD is a DISORDER and not a disease, what are the chances that this will adequately be pinpointed at all, especially when the human brain and the DNA strand have yet to be thoroughly charted? If it is merely a disorder which affects the brain chemistry of the person who has it, don't you think it would be necessary to come up with the adequate and precise procedures to alter this, as opposed to experimenting with drugs, at different ratios to certain children? Especially when giving medication that changes said "Brain Chemistry?"

All that is happening right now is reminiscent of the old west. They are throwing out medications and experimenting on the spot with developing minds without so much as an idea of the long-lasting side-effects of the drugs that they are prescribing. Reckless.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Adillin2012

Really? You've shown me clinical tests that absolutely pin point the cause of ADHD, and which parts of the brain is affected? Really? If you did this, then this is something that the best Neuroscience experts haven't even done. Congrats...you should be a billionaire.

But...there is this one thing. Why can I not find a single test that precisely diagnoses ADHD as a REAL disorder? Because, they would have this printed in journals EVERYWHERE.

And, I also provided a ton of information myself. So, I'm still waiting to see the absolute proof from scientific studies that not only shows differing brain patterns as a result of ADHD, but, also the tests that they ran them through in order to ascertain these results.

I'll be waiting...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Again, let's stick to topic

which is the invention of syndromes and conditions by Big Pharma and its manipulation of the medical industry

There are countless articles out there exposing the extent to which the medical industry is influenced by Big Pharma

People are being exploited and lied to

There are lots of people out there who enjoy their syndromes and conditions. Such people are cultivated by faux-sympathy on the part of Big Pharma, which will list a wide range of symptoms -- and extraordinarly wide range of symptoms, lol.

Big Pharma despises humankind and figures it for a fool

It's doing the same now with heartburn. I saw a tv commercial for this new 'illness' only tonight, with a soothing, 'you're really sick you now and we're going to take care of you' type voice, warning people that the heartburn they might experience could in fact be 'a serious, life-threatening disease'. You need 'Brand X '

Just as the mammogram programme spends a fortune trying to convince women they could very well DIE if they don't have a mammogram

Except genuine doctors began to question the number of women who were informed -- after their mammogram -- that they needed to attend such and such clinic for a biopsy. Thousands of them. And sure enough, the biopsies showed 'irregularities' which required mastectomy

What a scandal then, for it to be revealed that tens of thousands of women had been 'misdiagnosed'.

' Mistakes happen', claimed the mammogram people, 'Better safe than sorry'

Same thing happened with the testicular cancer checks that men were bombarded by. And again, it was subsequently revealed that God only knows how many men were operated on for cancers that had never existed

Most rececently, genuine medicos succeeded in getting the mammogram-pushers to agree that women need only have a mammogram every few years. Damn, huh --- all that income lost just when things were going so well

ADHD has made a fortune and continues to do so. It's the 'trend' diagnosis. And those reaping the incalculable profits as well as those who have such a personal investment in ADHD are fighting like endangered tigers against anyone who suggests that perhaps ADHD needs a little more genuine scrutiny and a little less hype

But are those who cast a worried glance at ADHD monsters ? Aren't they primarily concerned for the millions of children who're being drugged by those who profit from the promotion of ADHD and the drug industry it supports ? Should they be castigated for their concern ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
Society is changing.. Humanity is evolving, when 51% of kids are labeled as ADHD, would nt that make the other 49% out of the norm? Would they be given drugs to make them more hyper?

Good point. I wouldnt be surprised if in 100 years "ADHD" is found out to result from the brain growing.

Sounds crazy now...but who knows?

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sigh...

Your inability to focus stems from being human. Your inherent need to think about a million things at once is called multitasking. Your restlessness is a result of nerves and being alive.

I had the same garbage and they tried to diagnose me with the same thing. In fact, most people have those same symptoms, and I cannot think of ONE KID who actually wants to be in a stuffy classroom as opposed to being outside, or even daydreaming about being outside.

Kids are hyper naturally. ALL OF THEM. You weren't any more so than any kid that I currently know.

They told you that you had ADD because they knew that your parents would believe it. They put you on drugs so that they could get paid, your parents wouldn't have to parent, and so that you would be more manageable for EVERYONE INVOLVED...period.

If you want to claim your ADD with pride, then so be it. If you want to take your ritalin because you've been doing it for years...great. But, that doesn't mean that every kid who has energy and has fun, needs to be drugged to the teeth so that they're more manageable.

And to me, its funny how ADD is only a staple for the mid to upper middle class background folk who can afford the "MEDICAL INSURANCE" to make it a reality. Otherwise, ADD doesn't seem to be a problem for those who can't afford the diagnosis.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well, you would be wrong.

How come you're so ready to write a diatribe, but you cannot admit you were wrong. Or that you completely made something up?

Latitude? LMAO, oh I see.
This is you making up stuff and now...speaking for others.

You got caught pulling facts out of A-space, I called you on it. Now you're trying to pull of the "I'm a better person" routine. Well guess what? Being a better person includes admitting when you've blatantly made up facts.

You misinterpret a question as an insult, IMO because you are hyper-sensitive.

Did you make up your "fact" that ADD was invented alongside Ritalin?
Since I already know when both were "invented", there is only one real answer.

Yes, you made it up and willingly lied. And now you're sidestepping and pulling out every trick in the book to avoid admitting it.

Originally posted by Dock9
It's a forum. No one here is going to come to your home and strip you of ADHD, ok ?

So please don't be so fearful\

I never said I had ADHD. This is you lying and making up "facts". So that's two lies, I've caught you in now.

You claim that I am making things personal, yet here you are volunteering lies about my personal self. That makes you a hypocrite.

As you yourself said, this is a forum. People are going to discuss things and most will take a side. So why are you so surprised that people are defending the reality of ADD and derivatives?

You are also a hypocrite for admitting the reality that this is a forum and using it to your debunk-ADD offensive, yet attacking the opposition for using it as such to defend their position.

I submit this....
If ADHD is fake, then you have no reason to attack it. It's falsehood will be self-evident.

I submit that you are "frantically" attacking ADHD because it stands on firm scientific ground.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

It is most prob true that they are making alot of money from this, and that is wrong. But because this might be the case, that does not mean adhd/add is BS.

It seems to me that some people on this thread don't give a crap about the people on this thread with ADD, and what they have to say, and that is really sad.

Yes, i think that many children are diagnosed wrongly, but that does not mean there is nothing to this. Its a huge insult to people like me who suffer with ADD.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm wondering if children in China, South America, the Sub Continent are suffering ADHD ?

Guess I won't need to wonder for long. What huge new markets for Big Pharma in the quest for ADHD sufferers in all those newly-created middle-classes in the above nations !

But ten years ago, for instance ? Do there exist reputable studies from Russia or China or India to show that children in those nations suffered ADHD ?

If not, why not ?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Byteman -- I know you'll understand

why I've chosen not to respond to posts you continue

to direct to me

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Nope...ADD just seems to be a western phenomenon. Isn't that strange? It is only present in the industrialized nations where big pharma has the most influence.

Very interesting indeed...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

That last post of yours

is a gem

It articulates what many of us believe

and you phrased it very gently

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42

Sigh...

Your inability to focus stems from being human. Your inherent need to think about a million things at once is called multitasking. Your restlessness is a result of nerves and being alive.

I had the same garbage and they tried to diagnose me with the same thing. In fact, most people have those same symptoms, and I cannot think of ONE KID who actually wants to be in a stuffy classroom as opposed to being outside, or even daydreaming about being outside.

Kids are hyper naturally. ALL OF THEM. You weren't any more so than any kid that I currently know.

They told you that you had ADD because they knew that your parents would believe it. They put you on drugs so that they could get paid, your parents wouldn't have to parent, and so that you would be more manageable EVERYONE INVOLVED...period.

If you want to claim your ADD with pride, then so be it. If you want to take your ritalin because you've been doing it for years...great. But, that doesn't mean that every kid who has energy and has fun, needs to be drugged to the teeth so that they're more manageable.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

Sigh!
I never took any medication when i was a kid. Read my posts again. I hate when people who are not qualified seem to think they know whats going on in my mind. That is complete arragonce and ignorance.

I have explained when i started taking ritalin, and how it has benifited my life greatly. You know what, i aint going to explain anything to you, as you believe you are right and i am wrong anyway, and you will never change that view.

Imagine what it must have been like for a Scizofrenic before people knew anything about it. The world would be filled wit people like you saying the same thing that you are saying about ADD now.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

It was not that long ago china thought being Gay was a mental illness. In fact, China are pretty crap when it comes to mental illness. So, your post means nothing.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Sorry. But my post explains a lot

But only for those with the willingness to see and admit

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Remember Dr. Spock? The baby doctor.

Well he married a woman that had children. After the real experience of being a father and raising children - - he declared everything he wrote and believed was wrong. It didn't work.

Since I have had Real Live experience with an ADD child - - I'll just ignore those who think they know better.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join