It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD doesnt exist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Actually the "Profit Phenomena" is destroying our world.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
reply to post by Jay-morris

Dont get me started on bipolar etc.. All dislexia is, is a larger right hemisphere in the brain.. It may inhibit learning skills but I'm sure it improves others. If you want to be a borg go ahead and join the collective.. I for one will resist. It isnt futile. It sounds like you want everyone to be the same..

What the hell is it with some people on this people, i guess people in general. How the hell do i want everyone to be the same. People can do what they want to make themselves feel better. Its not about resisting, its about my life, and how i feel. Why do people like you post on this thread, as you are clueless and just want to p**s people off wih your ignorance and arragonce.

So, please tell me how i want everyone to be the same?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin

oh u could see that
Thats my "disorder"

You have already insulted me because of my medication, and clearly you are on this thread for your own kicks.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
HEy all,
Ok I did not read all the pages on this subject, but wanted to share some info that I have found to help me and my family a lot. I have 2 kids, the first is studios, calm, and intelligent about most things, the second, nothing of the kind! The second is very energetic, unfocused or hyperfocused depending on the activity, in a word ADDish.

Years ago, I found this book and it changed my worries of a child that could not conform to acceptance that there is a place for everyone in this world.

rds.yahoo.com...=A0oGdE.TWHFMVCYBU2VXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzcGdxZTE5BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0Y2NTRfMTM1/SIG=129e5jdgj/EXP=128258305 9/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_vs._farmer_theory

The theory is that there are hunters (people in our world that do things well in short bursts with super clear vision and energy, as in the ancient hunter who had to kill or be killed to survive) then there are the farmers(these are the majority of our society now, and can plan, concentrate, and feed a society, so to speak. They can handle the mundane and are a nessary component to modern society and are the accepted form of personality)

This book described to a T a hunter personality and a farmer personality. And they are both important in our society.

Like someone said, where would we be today without the likes of Einstein, Tesla and company. These men were more than likely Hunters in a Farmer's world.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by 4nsicphd

Nice research but any and all action will cause specific brain imaging results.. If I'm angry, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm hyper active, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm LYING, it will show up in one of those scans.. If you take a so called normal person and a so called ADHD person's brain scan, obviously they will be different. It doesnt mean it's an illness.. Is bullying an illness? If so, alot of cops should take presciption drugs. Is daydreaming an illness? If so, alot of inventors, writers should take prescription drugs.. COME ON!!!

If someone has been shot in the brain, it looks different too. But it also means they need a doctor. Brain activity showing up on a scan and brain damage are two different things. Your comparing apples and oranges.

so is comparing bullying to a disorder. Bullying is a result of an emotional disorder, coming out of low self esteem issues and insecurities. There is a difference between that which is nature and that which is nurtured.

If you look at Jeffrey Dhamer's brain, it may come up perfectly normal, but it doesn't mean his behavior is. But it it nature or nurture?

Only 10% of the brain is mapped, so to speculate that a disorder doesn't exist simply becuase you dont' want it too, is sticking your head in the sand.

Nothing more entertaining then the: I don't have it so therefore it doesn't exist crowd. It isn't visible so there fore it can't exist.

Seizures were thought to be demonic possession. And they can't always find the cause. And one out of ten people will suffer a random seizure due to no known cause, so does that mean a person didn't have a seizure?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

I have a doctorate in life.. Does that count? Who teaches the teachers? It's has been manipulated for millenia. Because you have a doctorate, it doesnt make you a god on the subject.. You probably become more of a slave to your own brainwashed beliefs

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
www.amazon.com...

Thanks for the book-list, I wasnt aware that there are publications by professionals supporting the idea that ADHD does not exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Some kids dont like school, I didnt. I slept through classes and never brought a book home.. Graduated without and flunked courses..

Do you like football? If you dont, imagine if I was to call it a disease? Are all kids suppose to behave the same way? It reminds me of the film THE WALL when all the kids are falling into the meet grinder.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by hotbakedtater

Yeah, they use the same test to tell if you're lying.. Does that make the person mental? It's easy to categorize and segragate the social structure of mankind. Ask why and perhaps the truth will become apparent to you.
I am confused.

I am not discussing mental people.

I am also not going to discuss off topic my views on social segregation. Search my posts, I have strong views on that topic.

I am discussing on topic I was answering a specific point brought up by a poster, and refuting the titular claim adhd does not exist.

That is what I am addressing in this thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sure whatever you say sir.

If you think your "Disorder Medication" works, fine by me.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I'm also very disappointed in the "research" that did or did not go into this thread.

You dont need any research to see that many of the kids labeled as "ADHD" are entirely fine...they're just not interested in sitting in a chair and shutting up for 7 hours straight.

When I was a child I guarantee I would have been labelled ADHD. I couldn't sit still in class and I was bored. I didn't feel challenged enough. I naturally have a ton of energy and people tell me I am ADHD and I just laugh it off. I am just a high energy person how is that a mental disorder?!

I do believe however that it does it exist and it's not as common as they claim it to be. My brother was labelled adhd and he was just an active kid who didn't like to pay attention in school. He is actually quite quiet now and shy.

I think that true ADHD is really hard for those who have to deal with it. I have seen my friends step son deal with adhd, add, ocd and bi-polar and he is only 11. I feel so bad for him. I believe he is one who really needs some form of help but imo the meds do not help him in anyway. If anything I feel they make him worse. He is currently on one medication and apparently doing better. I just feel bad for the kid..

Everyone is too quick to label a kid ADHD nowadays and that is the problem. I do think it is a disorder of sorts but not really a mental disorder.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

For every disease, diagnosis, and treatment, there are doctors who believe it is wrong, or doesn't exist.

They are all contested. No matter what. If you do your research, you will see that.

Don't forget the medical community is tightknit.Which also means rivalry, being susidized by competeing pharmaceutical companies, and just personal ambitions.

So just becuase some person decides to contest something, doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght
As a father of a child with ADHD and is SUFFERING from it, I am extremely passionate about this issue. So much so that all I will do is tell you that you are less than ignorant about the subject. I can't go farther without being banned.

Are you passionate about proving ADHD exists or passionate about your child getting better? To me there is a difference.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Everyone is too quick to label a kid ADHD nowadays and that is the problem. I do think it is a disorder of sorts but not really a mental disorder.

Yup, I think you hit the nail right on the head there. I think a lot of children have been given this stigma just to give them a label that they are not the norm.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Exactly. Thank you for pointing that out.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicodin

Sure whatever you say sir.

If you think your "Disorder Medication" works, fine by me.

So, are you saying that ritalin does nothing? Are you really saying this?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by 4nsicphd

Nice research but any and all action will cause specific brain imaging results.. If I'm angry, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm hyper active, it will show up in one of those scans.. If I'm LYING, it will show up in one of those scans.. If you take a so called normal person and a so called ADHD person's brain scan, obviously they will be different. It doesnt mean it's an illness.. Is bullying an illness? If so, alot of cops should take presciption drugs. Is daydreaming an illness? If so, alot of inventors, writers should take prescription drugs.. COME ON!!!

Sure, Action will cause results on a scan. But if you had actually read the research results in the Cerebral Cortex Journal article, you would have seen that it was a volumetric analysis using a diffusion tensor MRI and not a functional MRI. That's a huge difference from a "functional" brain scan which measures oxygenation and metabolic temperature in the brain. Being a bully can't cause caudal anisotropy.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry if I angered you.. That is not my intention at all.. All I'm saying is that there is nothing. I believe you have to understand that the human spirit has been manipulated since the begining of time and this is no different.. An example? Hitler burned his own parliment to get people to want to go to war. That simple manipulation of the masses is what started world war 2....

As for your illness, tell me about it? Why are you on medication? I'm sure with all the resources on this site and the good people who truely want to help and COULD help, there are different alternatives..

Again, my intention is not to anger you or make you feel irrelivent. I for one do appologize. It doesnt matter if you take meds or not, the end result will be the same. Peace be with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by Skyfloating

Are you passionate about proving ADHD exists or passionate about your child getting better? To me there is a difference.

Gets my nomination for Post of the Day

Forced me to log-in, in order to Star it

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Aug 22 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The way you are talking, why not drug everyone as soon as they are born and then the world will be paradise..

If you think that the ones that are medically normal are perfect, you are sadly mistaken

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Grossac]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join