It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abused by a gang of CHAVS! A guide to the Chav!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

My Kubric reference wasn't a statement of suprise over teenage thugs. I live in an area that has it's own massive problems with youths, guns, and homicides. My "A Clockwork Orange" came up because doing a little bit of research on "Chavs" really reminded me of Alex, his droogs, and thier passion for a little bit of the old ultra violence.

Maybe it's the accents. But I really did associate the movie with these kids!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i wonder how these chavs would do in east oakland.

im sure the homies would think those little accents are really " 'ard ".

i bet they have never even seen a gun let alone had one pointed to their head. i wonder how they would react? my guess is crap their pants.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I can safely say that this is true, at least in principle, because I've seen it myself, many times - it's happened to me as well, but I am relatively able to stand my own corner, and so it didn't escalate.

I'm not contesting the premise. Just the account.
The OPs avatar doesn't emotionally persuade me.

More so the fact that these folks were aware of the OPs ATS account, and specifically were aware of who the OP was to target/deny assistance just seems well...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerCan

Given enough time to adapt i think they would still do the same but with guns. they run with what they have. same problem different weapons.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I blame British Telecom!

Everything was fine until they started making vandal proof telephone booths..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

like i said in my post mate, this thread is bullsh!!t.

Unless she has gone through a time hole that taken her back to 2002/3 then shes chatting bubbles.

Chav was a stage that lasted about 6month.

Burberry pulled there caps off the shelf about 5 years ago due to the amoutn of negative press they were recieveing due to this stereotype

If this story hold any groudn what so every, then they were not wearing the clothes she stated lol. yes they were probably as rude as she stated, but sh!!!t - that storey is exagerated to the MAX

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

maybe they are stuck in the times ?
i still see some fressed like that....
cant help but laugh at them

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sounds to me like your random useless cockroaches of humanity. They might have different names depending on region, but they're all the same everywhere. A bunch of bullying cowards.

The good side is, it's great fun exposing them as the cowards they are when you fight back and humiliate them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Very unfortunate that you had to deal with that. being assaulted and abused is not fun, can effect you for weeks on end, and can make you fear for your life. I carry a 9mm on me at all times. But i have had extensive training in self defense and in a situation like this you cant just pull a gun out and shoot someone (espeically in the UK when you dont even have guns for self defense)

my suggestion would be to take any kind of realistic self defense. Krav Maga is good. but not good enough. any basic knowledge of self defense will not only give you the confidence to keep you from fearing for you life. but also give you the ability to defuse a situation before any kind of force is needed. the best way to win a fight is to avoid it all together. Now im not sayin be a coward. but im saying choose your battles. show force as needed and be responsible with your self defense. obviously this conftontation chose you. so take some self defense. even if its videos and you practice with your family. (i can make some professional suggestions if you would like U2U me)

from the video you can see that the individual fighting back and defending himself has been trained in at least basic self defense. His basic demenor and stance proved to win the battle before he even decided to attack the aggressor. once he did so the untrained "chav" backed away and cowerd.

now in groups its not much different. you will have one or two people with big mouths tryin to get you scared and frazzeld. and the rest are just along for the ride and the thrill. once one of the big mouthed guys attacks you. you deal with that threat with extreme prejudice and be prepared for at least one or two more people to follow IMMEDIATLY after. this alone will scare any follower of the attacker. in groups of 30 you really have only one or two actual threats. when you show you know how to defend yourself the rest will run away and fall apart. pack mentality. mind games play a HUGE role in self defense and combat.

I teach at a Counter Terrorism school and we teach Civilian self defense as well as military special forces courses. and i can tell you there is not much difference when dealing in "self defense". we teach Krav-Haganah and its a bit more advanced then krav maga and akido. but its basically a combination of most martial arts in an effective manner so that you dont wait on a certain move to counter you learn how to adapt and improvise no matter the attack. you dont need extensive training. you need the basic skills and you need to commit to training untill its muscle memory. the same basics can be applied to any situation. learning a set of skills in self defense wont help you as much as learning how to improvise to any situation. so basic techniques is all you need but the ability to maintain confidence is HUGE.

Dont join a class that has long programs and makes you graduate before moving on. take a class that is practical and can be applied to anything. you want to learn effective self defense. you DONT want to learn how to impress judges at a martial arts expo.

remember. any confrontation that can be avoided should be. using Force to defend yourself should be an option saved for worst cases. most kids dont know better and are just raging testosterone making attempts to impress the pack.

you did well by avoiding confrontation. take some self defense classes and gain confidence. then the pack will fear you. The true winner of any confrontation is the one who walks away without inflicting harm. Proving you are a superier human. good luck to you. stay safe

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

thats basically it. safety in numbers, once they gather a large group they think nothing can touch them. thats where the attitude and violence comes in.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I always use Chav as a universal term for whiggers, morons, degenerates, etc. Surprisingly most people here in the states don't know what it means which is why I always use it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Im also from the UK.

I was told chav standed for Council House And Violent but thats not really the real definition. Chavs are people who drape their person in Argos gold...burburry...and live in Romford on the most part. They drive Corsa's and go cruising down Southend. Chavs are normally pretty dumb too.

Whats seen in the video are "hoodies" these are nasty lil s**ts. These are the ones that carry knives and intimidate people.

14 kids....i dunno what id have done to be honest, i live Essex and its not too bad round my part
We do get groups of kids but they are pretty quiet and the police round here are on there case. CCTV vans sit in the 2 high roads, with PCSO's patrolling all night with police backup.

The high police presence is because there have been a lot of bank robberies round the area. One bank was hit 4 times in 6 months.

I dont think you can tar all kids with this brush. I think it depends on their up bringing. Scummy parents = scummy kids.

I see groups of young people and dont automatically think they are going to rob me...maybe one day i will be wrong but up till now ive been alright.

I think these kids pray on venerable looking people....it wouldnt make sense to make fun of a 6' 8" brick s**thouse. Im not anywhere near that big btw haha.

Im 30...but im a young looking 30...and i have short hair and some tattoo's, you would be amazed what shaving your hair does lol. Im a VERY polite respectful person, but your first oppinion of me visually may make you think otherwise...i dunno?? Bit of a stigma for having short hair still i feel.

The parents should be prosecuted for child neglect or something similar. The parents are responsible for a child until the age of 18.....there should be no reason for horrible lil *****.

Manners and respect will get you far in life. These kids are unemployable because of their attitude. This attitude has come from somewhere. Yea school could be to blame but the kids were horrible even before school. I blame the parents 100% for these nasty cretins lol.

Glad your alright, although i would recommend getting rid of the knife and mace.

I know we should have the right to protect ourselves but as we dont i think you could find yourself in a sticky situation...both by police and by gangs of kids. If someone threatens you with a knife....give them whatever it is they are after...nothing is more valuable than your future. Im sure you would bump into them again at some point...when you had the upper hand as it were.

If you carry a knife you have to be willing to use it. Some people are willing to use a knife over someone calling them a name...others only when they are in grave danger.

Law does need changing. If everyone was allowed to carry a gun there would be no crime. All the criminals would be dead. Everyone else would learn to respect eachother as equals. Its a deterrant to commit a crime of anysort.

Yea USA are allowed guns and theres a lot of shootings. We have tight gun laws and we have shootings too.

Idiots will always shoot first and ask questions later.....not everyones an idiot though, hence there is still a huge population in the USA lol.

I know its long and mixed up....ive had a long day but wanted to comment on this

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
We have those in America also. They are called punks! Pepper spray works well on punks. They scatter like roaches.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
edit. Double post

[edit on 18-8-2010 by KingDoey]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sassy......

Im so sorry to hear about this ridiculous encounter you were forced to endure.

Its times like this when I feel bad that my UK brothers and sisters aren't allowed to carry firearms. A cute little pink snub nosed .38 spl would have shut these punks up quick! Not that violence ( or the threat of violence) is ever a great way of handling an encounter.... but sometimes you have to resort to drastic measures.

Im ashamed and appalled that other human beings saw this taking place, and did nothing. What ever happened to honor? And defending a woman?

Personally, I would have backed you up, even if it meant a hospital visit....

These punks sound like low-life ignorant scum, and clearly are only jealous that they see a sassy and cute young lady who will most likely amount to more in her life than that whole group combined. (judging by your looks and intellect
)

Stay safe, and make sure you are always aware of your surroundings. Sometimes just ducking into a building or a restaurant when you see a suspicious group of thugs can be the difference between being stomped out, or going home without a scratch.

Thank God or Allah or whoever that you're okay. Are you allowed to carry tasers over there?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

*SNIP*

I suppose i used to be what you call a 'chav' back in the day. And let me tell you those were the best days of my life. I do not regret a thing, I am glad i did what i did. It shaped me into who i am today, and not for the worse.

The fact that you describe chavs as wearing burberry and wearing adidas trackies shows just how out of touch you clearly are. This was back in the late 90's early 00's. That trend is out now.

You whinge about the problems of England, yet you walk around with a knife strapped to your thigh. People like you create problems in this country, look at the spiralling rate of knife crime. YOU are contributing to this by doing what you are doing.

I wish I could express how angry I am at this post. It is pure snobbery, the fact that a lot of kids in the UK that commit all the loutish behaviour are not chavs shows how little your stereotypical mind is.

I am sorry but if i saw you i would probably give you a slap.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by KingDoey]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I had the misfortune of being asked by a group of girls (11-13 yrs i would say) if i would buy them cigarettes. When i said no they hurled not only abuse at me, but also, stones at my car.My pride and joy. I was FURIOUS with rage, but could nothing. They are fully aware that they can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it.
The problem will not disappear until the laws change. Parents cannot smack their children because the police and social services become involved. Teachers cannot say boo to them for the same reason. Adults can't do or say anything because these kids shout "pedo" if someone were to lay a hand on them, and the police would arrest you for it. Someone in the area i live in complained to two officers on the beat that some local children kept kicking their football on to peoples gardens, destroying their flowers. Rather than speak to the kids and ask them to be more careful, one of the officers asked the guy "And what do you think your doing watching these children in the first place"?

Says it all in my opinion!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have to ask, why does a plaid hat cost $150 and how to white-trash idiots have $150 to spend on a hat?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sounds to me like an average teenage gang in the U.S., what a shame the rotten attitude and unintelligence has migrated across the pond, I feel for you, but the same crap is a common occurance over here. The only difference is ours carry guns, where you got roughed up,we are likely to get shot. Shoot first ask questions later I always say, it works. As for the affected speech patterns, sounds just like a rapper in the hood from over here. Weird how our world is so small the trends cross oceans so quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join