It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abused by a gang of CHAVS! A guide to the Chav!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I have to ask, why does a plaid hat cost $150 and how to white-trash idiots have $150 to spend on a hat?

well when i was a teenager i had nicer things then that.. and i had no job.

its called "stealing"

now the cost of that hat being $150 in my opinion is just basically saying "steal me"

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of a movie I just watched called Harry Brown. Pretty good flick if you like the suspense action type. Its based in the UK and is pretty much about this type of thing exactly. To bad for all the UK gun laws, if normal citizens were armed to the teeth... well you know.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
...More so the fact that these folks were aware of the OPs ATS account, and specifically were aware of who the OP was to target/deny assistance just seems well...

mryanbrown - Sorry but I think you've completely misunderstood the OP here.
In that sentence the OP says 2 main things:
1 - that people didn't help her out because they were too scared, so just passed by.
2 - that people didn't help her because they didn't like her ATS avatar.

I think the first point she makes is the likely reality of what was happening at that time, the second point she makes is clearly intended as a joke.

Obviously strangers in the street do not know who she is & also do not know she is an ATS member or that she has the avatar she does.

EDIT: PS - Dear OP, hilarious avatar ...(you freak) ...*runs away*....

[edit on 18/8/2010 by moobaawoof]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

What really burns me is that if she had been physically attacked and defended herself she would have been in the nick for a deadly weapon. Anything can be deemed an offensive weapon in the UK and a knife is a definite offense. What the lawmakers want to do is train you to lay down and take whatever they give out.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's pretty sick, the whole state of affairs that our world has gotten itself into.

I know that people complain about "police brutality", I've been one on occasion, however sometimes I feel that for those of us in Europe, need tougher cops.

The cops here don't carry guns. They might carry pepper spray and a baton. The cops are scared of the gangs, and the gangs know it all too well. It's a problem in the U.K. and it's a problem in Norway.

I don't think all cops need to carry guns, however in high crime areas or while patrolling downtown over a weekend, it might not be a bad idea to let them. We're not getting anywhere being politically correct. I've stated it at least two thousand times before...

...Political correctness will be the downfall of our societies.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sounds like skinheads in Latvia. We call them "Urlas". They too are young people, usually Russians but Latvians too. Wearing cheap sportswear, cheap jewelry, drinking on streets abusing people. But they don't really attack as you described Chavs. Well they attack only if they are intoxicated and have some problems with other people style, like long haired men with unusual clothing and such. But that happens only near their homes. And they are not so bad they seem friendlier than you described Chavs.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

If a knife cannot be carried, you must learn to adapt whatever you have with you into a deadly weapon. It is surprising how much damage an umbrella (spelling) or even a rolled up newspaper can inflict (used in dagger fashion to increase the pressure at the end of the roll). However, when you strike, you must do so with conviction and not stop until they run or you are beaten.

Very sorry to hear what a terrible day you had, ultimately they were just over confidant bullies out for material gain and a chance to either rise or cement their pecking order position, scum. I'd have certainly intervened had I been there.

Loved the vid, though if it had been my door it would have been a shorter running time and prob a bit more graphic.

As to weapons skirting legality, don't worry about charges convictions count here's some ideas that occurred to me over the years with plausible deniability in court with a jury of your chav hating peers.

Some rolled up blu tack 2/3 packs rolled to about 5 in out of your hand wrapped in a carrier bag makes an awesome cosh and is just your blu tack, a walking stick for your "bad leg", a tin of corned beef in a carrier bag or 2 again very good cosh, a worn down enclosed handle scrubbing brush, Wilkinson sell them, ace knuckle duster, pens/pencils adequate kubatons, metal watch knuckle duster even just a clipper lighter held in your fist can increase your impact and decrease the chance of hurting yourself.

Our US and Continental brethren will feel that's a pathetic list but such have we become an Englishman wishing to defend himself.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The rabid animal often only has one solution.

It often needs to be put down.

I'd start carrying a 100,000 volt stun wand, they can be had
pretty cheap online and run off batteries.

They are VERY effective.

Also if you want to make a group impact I'd like to recommend
bear mace, its is MUCH stronger than the watered down stuff.

There are other things I'd like to mention but I think they violate
the TOC here on ATS.

I think self defense is WAY within our common law rights and that
is the only thing a rabid animal will fear is someone that will
fight back.

They like to prey on the weak, it makes them feel powerful.

They have no power in the rest of their lives so they seek to
get it by grinding others under their boot.

This has been repeated thru history for a VERY long time.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Unless she has gone through a time hole that taken her back to 2002/3 then shes chatting bubbles.

Chav was a stage that lasted about 6month.

Step outside of London & I 100% guarantee there are still places in the year 2010 in parts of the Midlands & the North of England & Wales, mostly in the smaller towns, where people are still wearing burberry & behaving like the Chavs of 10 years ago. No lie. Pushchairs, Argos jewellery, tattoos, adidas... the lot.
Not as many as 10 years ago - True.
It's mostly died out & the typical modern day scumbags wear different gear these days - True - but it's not completely died out, they do still exist.

Also, the word Chav defines a style of clothing just like you stated yourself in another post. I agree. However, you also know that it's evolved into a slang term to generally refer to anyone who's poor & sweary & stupid & thinks they're a well 'ard gangster - but is actually a bit of a tit.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hello I live in America and have undergone the same tyrannical abuse on the streets. I am 28 and the other day I was riding in a red convertable with my brother inlaw his girlfriend and my wife. It was Sunday and we were coming back from a restaraunt. These goons on a handful of crauch rockets (motor cycles) called us faggots and all sorts of names and they even said we have a cute car. I wanted to kick their ass but in america if your encountered like that and you teach them a lesson you go to jail from my experience. My mother was attacked once by some guys and even one of them were in the army. I kicked their ass and got disorderly conduct, went to jail, and they got nothing. I had to goto court 4 times without them showing up and finally it was thrown out the real irony is that it was even my mothers own yard. The U.S. police force has no tolerance for defending yourself. So you have to bow down to these thugs because no matter what if you when a fight your probably going to jail no matter what, it's poathetic. These teens and even adults are going to be our future are you ready? I am tired of these thugs. I wondered what your consequence would have been if you would have just made an example out of one of the creatons and stuck him.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by moobaawoof
However, you also know that it's evolved into a slang term to generally refer to anyone who's poor & sweary & stupid & thinks they're a well 'ard gangster - but is actually a bit of a tit.

Definitely.

And there really are people like that.... It's scary man.

Here's a good song to go with it

Party time in Chavbury

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by moobaawoof
However, you also know that it's evolved into a slang term to generally refer to anyone who's poor & sweary & stupid & thinks they're a well 'ard gangster - but is actually a bit of a tit.

Mate well said, I'm almost tempted to use that as a signature, Chavs abound in the Black Country, though I'm sure the newly affluent urban farmer social demograph has diminished their number somewhat.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Here's a good song to go with it

Party time in Chavbury

15 seconds in I've stopped the vid, so I can go to Ytube an get the link so I can mail it about, thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

You're welcome my friend... although you should listen to more than 15 seconds
The lyrics are very astute and comical.

They're a local band... enjoy

[edit on 18/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
And I've always wanted to visit the U.K.

Might have to rethink that plan now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

I've always wanted to visit the US but I'll probably get shot by a gangster..... right?

:shk:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You englishmen need to carry guns more and this wouldn't happen lol

A punk get's on my front porch and try's that....He is a dead puppy..Period..Looks like he is trying to get in this guys house by intimidation..
i would fear for my family's life..and kill him where he stood on my porch ....

Of course it's illegal in the usa to do what i said..but i would drag his butt in the doorway before cop's got there

that gang wouldnt be back lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I did, even got the gf to come in and listen, it lived up to my expectation and has been mailed

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

My friend,do not rethink your plans.
Nothing bad will happen to you-although like in all countries,their may be some places which you may wish to avoid.

But mostly you will be welcomed by genuine folks,rather than feral thugs.

Our friend from South Africa said much the same as you,that he would no longer wish to visit.

But although we have problems,there are still more decent folk about than silly teen gangs,and as many in this thread have proved,a lot of us do challange such teen crime.

A lot of folks do not just walk by.
People will still help one another in my experience as a long term UK resident,since birth in fact.

Do not rule out the UK just because of chavs...it would be like ruling out Scotland because of midges ...

An annoyance yes,but not to be feared by any means.

JMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
To the Op, Im sorry you had a bad experience. Im also sure many others face that exact situation daily here in the UK.

From my own point of view there are other considerations you might want to think about when blaming those who passed you by when you needed them.

Firstly, although now a crime in the UK, Knife carrying is now a fact of life so the decision has to be be made by those who walk on by...do I help and risk death/injury or not. IMO this is not a selfish thought, it is made while watching others also walk on by. 2 against 10 is no better option than 1 against 10.

I am no coward, and was raised by my grandfather, a paid street fighter of some renown in the early 60s. Those days of a "Fair Fight" are long gone to be replaced by the mouthy scumbag who has a weapon and 9 people to make sure they wont lose.

Be proud that you walked away safe and know you did something right because you are here to tell us about it.

To end, some advice.....

If feeling threatened by an individual, dont wait, hit fast and hard.

If feeling threatened by up to 3, dont wait hit hard, fast and often.

If confronted by a gang, like you were, do what you must to get away safely.

Finally, from experience, No one wins a knife fight, you only get hurt, sometimes you die or in the UK, spend heavy time in jail for maiming or killing your attacker. My advice...if you can, run away from a blade, whether youve got one or not.

Again, well done to you for surviving the experience.

Respects
Edit to add this source....This is 50 yards from my front door, Sunday.

news.scotsman.com...

[edit on 18-8-2010 by captiva]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join