It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Velikovsky did not advocate a 3,600 year cycle, or any other cycle. He postulated that Venus was ejected from Jupiter 3,500 years ago and went careening through the solar system on its way to its current orbit, causing massive calamities on Earth as it passed by.

He also said that in the 8th century BC Venus moved Mars close to Earth, creating another round of difficulties.

From a scientific standpoint these ideas are ludicrous. But, since you seem to reject the scientific standpoint you may very well find them perfectly acceptable. But again, Velikovsky did not claim cyclical phenomena, just a rogue planet, Venus (which he claimed is really not a planet but a comet), a one shot, but long term disaster generator which has now learned to play nice with the other planets.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Most of these folks who believe in outlandish things such as planet X keep preaching about disinfomation agents...imho, it's these fanatics that preach about cycles of destruction and the world ending and blah blah blah...to be the agents...if they do infact exist. Instead of agents trying to debunk conspiracies...if I was in the government, I'd try to create as many conspiracies as possible so I could get people to come to me. Sh!t the best way to rule a country is through fear...and the only thing you doom and gloom pushers are doing is helping spread it.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Phage

oh noes phage knows everything. we must erect a shrine to his honor.

I have a better idea.

Prove him wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I have already and it is his opinion on velosky. Velosky was on to something and he was going outside the box. Something science hasn't done in a long time. I bet those guys that invented invisibility didn't even go through peer review. Peer review are just an excuse for hurt egos to put more BS in the way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I have already and it is his opinion on velosky. Velosky was on to something and he was going outside the box.

Who's Velosky?
Never heard of 'im.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Velikovsky
lol couldn't remember the name.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

I have already and it is his opinion on velosky. Velosky was on to something and he was going outside the box. Something science hasn't done in a long time. I bet those guys that invented invisibility didn't even go through peer review. Peer review are just an excuse for hurt egos to put more BS in the way of thinking.

I don't think so. When it comes to the Venus and Jupiter thing, Velikovsky is so far out of the box, there is no box.

And who invented invisibility?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

He was right about the radio waves and was right about the venus temperature. But he was wrong that venus was the comet.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Why do you make repetitive posts that are just requests for censorship?

Why don't you take the time to try and support the claims make by Lucus? I believe the answer to that is that you know he has misrepresented the material at hand. You know that his claims are false and you just can't bear to admit it.
you must have me confused with someone else

i have not made repetitive posts, that one was my first for this entire thread. i have not requested any censoreship i have only questioned your motives, only a guilty concious would see that as an attempt at censorship,

i dont try to support any claims because... in case you havent noticed i havent denied any claims by either side either. because im on the fence, and that isnt the point of any of my posts regarding the matter,

and your belief on the answer to your question shows me the fences youve built in your mind, their either with you or against you right?. duh that would be no, not right, stop forgeting there is always a middle path,

and remember the only thing i have asked you time and time again is what is it that motivates you to so vehemently debunk this man? and i dont care if your right here or not that isnt the point to my question, i just want you to explain your drive,

you still havnt

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
LOL I love the off topic stuff but mine gets nixed and then watch this one get nixed to.

humanity makes me laugh!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

IRAS did detect a planet back in 1983 if I have read the paper clippings correctly

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I watched a show on exodus actually this guy walked the whole trail as to where the scriptures sort of showed him where they went. Where moses saw the burning bush there is some very ancient books there and it is written in there and described exactly what is written in the bible.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just for you Stereo...

We can't support Lucus's claims with evidence because none exists.

Quit asking for it. You already know it doesn't exist, why continue to ask over and over in every thread.

Furthermore, I'd guess that very few of us, have paid any money to any of the 2012 "scam" institutions. Therefore, I have problems with the "debunkers ideas" in motives in presenting this information to the masses. Nobody is making any money off of me on 2012. Maybe ATS, for getting the popup advertisments to open a browser when I'm not logged in.

For the record... One night while enjoying a glass of scotch in a forigen hotel lobby after a 15 hour plane flight. The smartest most intelligent man I've ever personally known said this to me in a religous discussion.

"Science is only accepted as fact by society, that doesn't make it fact". He handed me a copy of "In Search of Schrodingers Cat" after we got back to our home office.

For the next few months, we would have discussions about QM(mainly it was me asking for further understanding about the contents of the book). Those days were some of the best of my life. Adjusting lasers and motion mechanics of the machines we'd build at the office, and having the opportunity to listen to this mans ideas and explanations about "everything".

The one thing he knew for certain is that we don't know anything yet. This man is dead, and interestingly enough. The year after he died, I left California.

Rest in peace. Mr. Ralph!

He'd love reading about the current theories in the QM field. Much has come since he has gone.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by sticky]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Out of the hundreds of predictions IV made you pick two in which he was "right". He made predictions, but he made them for reasons we know to be false. The mechanism he claimed for these is wrong. In other words, 2 lucky predictions don't count for much.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I haven't confused you with anyone else.

I am not the issue in this thread. So please move on. If you have nothing better to do than question motivations, then you are in fact making an attempt to censor.

Try analyzing the claims made by Lucus and reporting on your findings.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

You need to reread the newspaper clippings and show me where it states that. I have read the newspaper clippings and none of them state a planet was found.

Please show us the clip that makes that claim. I would love to see it if it exists.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

There are lots of people claiming to have walked the path or been to many of the biblical sites. The places are all over the place. None of the paths match up. One path is even across present day Saudi Arabia. There are even videos of corals on the sea floor that are claimed to be chariot wheels.

The problem is that there is no archaeological evidence at all.

Think of it this way. If a country with 3 million people in it suddenly has over half a million get up and leave, then don't you think that the country would show a sudden loss of productivity. Don't you think that the country would write down this huge event? Don't you think t hat the loss of an army would be seen as a loss of military might? Nothing like that happened. If that many people moved into a region for a prolonged period of time they'd have left their mark. They didn't.

The problem is that the account from the bible does not match what is seen or found.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Quit asking for it. You already know it doesn't exist

How are you so sure that no evidence exists?

The one thing he knew for certain is that we don't know anything yet.

We know a lot, we don't know it all and never will, but we know a lot.

Posters repeatedly post the claims and others repeatedly post evidence showing them to be false. So what? That's just the way things are.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

ahhh according to stereo they are lucky predictions. Who would of thunk it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join