It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

WISE was built to study the cosmos. There are many research projects sponsored by NASA including the atmosphere and even how to streamline cars to improve gas mileage. WISE is just one tool to study the world about us.

Funny how people think that WISE was built with regard to their favorite hoax.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

What in God's name are you talking about? I was trying to say thank you to Stereologist and you reply to me about cigarettes and the Earth being flat? What logic are you even talking about? You made zero sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Very little of what was written from cigarettes, to cosmological theories, to drug prescriptions logically follows from the comments made. Now where have I seen that before. Oh, yeah from the rabbits hole where someone claims that unrelated issues, misrepresentations, and fabrications add up to something. That's where I have seen that exact type of illogical thinking.

How did we survive before before drug companies?

I think anyone that has seen someone die from kidney failure or infections or any treatable disease knows that drugs have amazing benefits. Problems do exist where people rely on the drug companies to save them from their bad habits of smoking, excess drinking, excess eating, eating nutritionally poor foods, etc.

No wonder why they are not very popular around here... People are sick of the same old close minded it's my way or no way mentality.

A closed mind is one which rejects the evidence. It is one that can't bear to see that hoaxes such as Nibiru are just that - a hoax. To close your eyes to the demonstrable fact that Nibiru cannot exist is a closed mind.

So please open up the minds, but don't be an open container for trash. Sift through the information and check it out. Sort out the junk claims from the valid. Don't fall for all of the hocus pocus shenanigans of hucksters claiming 3600 year cycles, increased fireballs, weird weather, more earthquakes, and whatever the baloney-du-jour is.

Most important in all of this is do not allow anyone to read for you. Read the articles. Look at the references. Look at the date! And when all else fails ask for help. If an article is too complicated, then maybe there is a well written synopsis that can get you through the material with getting a headache. No matter what - read the material yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

What in God's name are you talking about? I was trying to say thank you to Stereologist and you reply to me about cigarettes and the Earth being flat? What logic are you even talking about? You made zero sense.

Yea...it's like trying to show a chimp how to put together a 10,000 piece zigsaw puzzle the only difference is you're not eating the pieces.

Forget it...zoom right over your head.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No it wasn't over my head. You're basically saying that because the world once believed that the Earth was flat that somehow all science should be discredited, and we should all now embrace Lucus and Youtuve videos because they have all the answers. Science is supposed to be frequently wrong. Science admits when it is wrong. That's how progress is made. The only ones I see that do not admit when they're wrong are the fringe believers. It's almost like they don't want to know the truth. They choose to believe the unbelievable and that's that.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I doubt that spinalremain missed anything here. There was no zoom over the head. The chimp analogy is again so ridiculously applied that it makes it very clear why the Lucus videos are so bad. No effort was made to create a logical, coherent message. It's all bits and pieces of misrepresentations, outright falsehoods, and glued together with silliness.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I have to agree with you, Stereo, about Hale-Bopp and many more recent comets all being discovered by amateurs. Part of the fascination of the Lucus Destroyer Videos is that, judging by the amateurish almost childlike petroglyph carvings, it seems that there was a time when comets were not only discovered by amateurs but also recorded by amateurs. I have to wonder why that would have been and where was the NASA of those bygone days to warn future generations of cyclical catastrophe?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Yeah and it also came at a time of major budget cuts and other austerity programs. Looks like smoke to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Comets are being discovered by more advanced equipment today that is searching for objects in our solar system and finds comets. These systems are finding more and more of the comets. Amateurs still make important contributions simply because there are so many eyes watching the cosmos.

A long time ago people did not know about most of the celestial events. Not all planets are visible to the eye. Most comets are not visible. Some events are only visible to a part of the Earth. Today we can not only see more, but we can also share better than before.

The idea of cyclical extinctions is a new idea mainly because the history of the world is being understood more and more each day. Back in the 1800s the notion of a mass extinction event was considered bad. There was not enough data. Now we have more data and can show that this actually occurred. The notion of a catastrophic event such as the Permian extinction is a new concept. The idea that the Earth has been impacted from outer space is an even more recent concept.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I don't believe that the earth being impacted from outer space is a recent concept. I believe it is a recently rediscovered concept. Just like I don't believe that astronomers and other scientists and meteorologists were always terrorized by our government; I believe that this too is a recently rediscovered activity. The anonymity of an amateur allows some real news to trickle out.

What I find astounding is that the cyclical nature of events, as our native Americans have always believed, encompasses even the way we respond and the way our governments respond and that nothing really changes in 3600 years. And that again we are approaching the point where those of us without artistic talent will create a pictogram of events recently experienced using the most rudimentary tools to do so in an attempt, once again, to leave a message for future generations.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

It's my understanding that the idea that impacts were a possibility dates back to around the 1890s. I was calling that a rather recent notion. Do you know of earlier material? It was sometime around the end of the 1800s that the craters of the moon were thought to be formed from impacts rather than being volcanoes.

Why do you think that there is a 3600 year cycle? You appear to suggest one, yet there is no evidence for such a cycle.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

No evidence for a 3600 year cycle! NO EVIDENCE FOR A 3600 YEAR CYCLE!!!!??? You really do have an agenda or you have not done your research stereo.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Yelling 3600 year cycle does not make it so. As I pointed out before the dates used by Lucus have been changed, altered, or point to events that do not indicate any sort of disaster.

If you think there is a 3600 year cycle, then please give us some events from 3600 years ago. And do some research first before copying some dates from unreliable sources. I'd like to see this so-called 3600 year cycle shown to me.

Don't you think that's simple. We'll start with 3600 years ago before moving backward in time.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I couldn't agree with you more.

hoax site

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So you think this site provides evidence of a 3600 year cycle? Could you please direct us to what part of the site you are referring to. I'd be interested in seeing the information.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm sure you're right as far as conventional scientific circles go although to me Hale-Bopp was evidence of such a cycle. There is evidence also of a 2800 to 4000 cycle in the precession of the equinoxes. Here myth mixes with legend and prophecy and astrology to bring us the horsemen of the apocalypse. There are the various calendars of antiquity which can be made to yield cycles like that. I think the Lucus Destroyer videos which I watched gave some links to substantiate the claim for a 3600 year cycle.

There was a link some months back on a thread which I have now lost on another computer to a site which was basically like an astronomical think-tank. The implication was that constant orbital corrections had become the norm rather than a sometimes thing and that there was a perturbation to the orbit of our entire solar system discovered through the already ongoing corrections for the precession. This was alarming news to me because in 2003 when I first discovered, personally, for myself, that the moon was "off" I searched the internet for causes. I lived far from civilization at the time and so my research was limited to what I could find there. The upshot of my searching was that peturbing orbits is not very easily done. Massive bodies are required and meteor and comet impacts will not do. So you can understand my alarm when the entire solar system was apparently implicated. Anyway that and Hale-Bopp is where that cycle entered my consciousness and so when I heard it on the videos it resonated with me.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well you could start with wikipedia if you're too lazy.

c. 1700 BC: The last species of mammoth became extinct on Wrangel Island.

c. 1700 BC: Indus Valley Civilization comes to an end but is continued by the Cemetery H culture

1700 BC: Belu-bani became the King of Assyria.

c. 1700 BC: Minoan Old Palace period ends and Minoan Second Palace period starts in Ancient Greece.

c. 1700 BC: beginning of the Late Minoan period on Crete.

c. 1700 BC: Lila-Ir-Tash started to rule the Elamite Empire.

c. 1700 BC – Bronze Age starts in China.

c. 1700 BC – Shang Dynasty starts in China.
\
c. 1698 BC: Lila-Ir-Tash the ruler of the Elamite Empire died. Temti-Agun I started to rule the Elamite Empire.

c. 1680 BC: Egypt: Start of Sixteenth Dynasty.

c. 1650 BC: Egypt: Start of the Seventeenth Dynasty.
c. 1674 BC: Egypt: Start of Fifteenth Dynasty.

1633 BC : Egypt: End of the Thirteenth Dynasty.

1627 BC: Beginning of a cooling of world climate lasting several years recorded in tree-rings all over the world.[1] It might have been caused by the Minoan eruption of Thera[2] or the Avellino eruption of Mount Vesuvius.[3]

c. 1600 BC: Egypt: End of Fourteenth Dynasty.

c. 1600 BC: The creation of one of the oldest surviving astronomical documents, a copy of which was found in the Babylonian library of Ashurbanipal: a 21-year record of the appearances of Venus (which the early Babylonians called Nindaranna): Venus tablet of Ammisaduqa.

c. 1600 BC: The overthrow of the ruling Amorite dynasty in Aleppo, Syria.
c. 1600 BC: Egypt conquered by Asian tribes known as the Hyksos—see History of ancient Israel and Judah.

en.wikipedia.org...

Im not going to go into conjecture and explain things for you.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Ok. That's one (though most of those things don't seem to have much to do with a worldwide calamity, more like politics).

One is not a cycle.

[edit on 8/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by rajaten

Ok. That's one (though most of those things don't seem to have much to do with a worldwide calamity, more like politics).

One is not a cycle.

Political changes (shifts in power) may be caused by what....... It all ties together phage.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Hmm.
Well look what was going on 200 years later.
en.wikipedia.org...

And of course, who could forget that wild and crazy 20th century? Good times.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join