It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Your claim was that IRAS found a planet. Not true. End of story.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I sat through the whole radio show with Lucas and the doctor and I thought it was quite interesting. In fact, much of what they said I had pieced together myself through my own research. What it comes down to is believe or don't, prep or don't. Time reveals all truths. If they are right, God help us, if they are wrong, so what? Write a script and get paid. Hollywood pays big for scaring the masses with doomsday and conspiracy plots... However, in my Christian faith and analytical mind, spending my whole life looking for answers, and knowing there was more than we were being told, I believe. Knowing what was hidden, seeing with my own eyes sights that defy logic and reason, strengthens my faith in God. In fact it shows me how beyond human knowledge He is. I feel honored to have have pieced together what I have.

I have been a student of human nature for awhile now, and I believe the workings of the governments of the world are quite content and capable of keeping a self indulgent, potentially violent and suspicious, faith-based world in the dark about large scale, life changing events. But, they cannot escape to the caves and tunnels and be safe from the future,.. after all it was written thousands of years ago. Foolish people, read your religious texts.

My faith tells me, my gut tells me, that our time here is short. Short in the fact that All of us will be making a choice of desire for the world, or desire for the spirit in the next two years,... But since no man knows the day or the hour, deny all you want. I guess I'm too selfish, I want to live forever...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whitehorseking

My gut tells me that humans have been around for a long time and will be for another long time. I'll bet I'm right.

You won't live forever and neither will I.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

hey stereo i might have forgotten about it saying galaxy but as i said before whats in a galaxy? Planets? so therefore IRAS did find a planet just alot of them. Yes No?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

iT is true, but even experts say the destructive path we are headed will destroy the human race within 10,000 years. Once the environment goes that is it.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitehorseking
I sat through the whole radio show with Lucas and the doctor and I thought it was quite interesting. In fact, much of what they said I had pieced together myself through my own research. What it comes down to is believe or don't, prep or don't. Time reveals all truths. If they are right, God help us, if they are wrong, so what? Write a script and get paid. Hollywood pays big for scaring the masses with doomsday and conspiracy plots... However, in my Christian faith and analytical mind, spending my whole life looking for answers, and knowing there was more than we were being told, I believe. Knowing what was hidden, seeing with my own eyes sights that defy logic and reason, strengthens my faith in God. In fact it shows me how beyond human knowledge He is. I feel honored to have have pieced together what I have.

I have been a student of human nature for awhile now, and I believe the workings of the governments of the world are quite content and capable of keeping a self indulgent, potentially violent and suspicious, faith-based world in the dark about large scale, life changing events. But, they cannot escape to the caves and tunnels and be safe from the future,.. after all it was written thousands of years ago. Foolish people, read your religious texts.

My faith tells me, my gut tells me, that our time here is short. Short in the fact that All of us will be making a choice of desire for the world, or desire for the spirit in the next two years,... But since no man knows the day or the hour, deny all you want. I guess I'm too selfish, I want to live forever...

Thankyou for your perspective. You are very pragmatic. The idea of choosing between the world and the spirit is intriguing.

Some of my sources suggest there will be a great cleansing of the "lower frequency" people and those who live against the natural law.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Absolutely not. Trying to claim that finding a galaxy is the same as finding a planet is weird. IRAS found new galaxies. My understanding is that IRAS did not even resolve individual stars in these new galaxies.

The first planet confirmed around another star was in 1995. That's well after IRAS. To claim that the ancients saw stars and therefore they discovered exoplanets would be a frivolous claim of no merit.

So the answer is absolutely no.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I looked up Jaysen Rand. Here is a bit from his bio.

Dr. Rand received his Honorary Ph.D. in the field of Energyinformative Sciences, from the Academy of Energyinformative Sciences, conducted with Moscow University, Russia.

OK. This guy uses the claim of a doctorate without earning a degree. Then he mentions attending 3 schools. Apparently he never finished any of the degrees.

His biggest distinction appears to be producing music.

It appears that:
1. He did not receive the honorary doctorate
2. No one with the name Jaysen Rand attended the schools mentioned.
3. He was never in the music industry

Apparently this name is a pseudonym. His real name is Paul Bondora.

Seems that there is a Paul Bondora living in Horn Lake, MS that was charged in December 18, 2009 with simple assault.

So someone who creates a fictional account of themselves is a source of reliable information?

Can you say fantasy huckster?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm listening to p1 of this video and the first thing out of Bondora's mouth, alias Rand, is that IRAS in 1983 saw this huge object coming towards the Earth. That's false. Call it what you will, but lie, untruth, fantasy, whatever - it's just as phony as his resume. It's around 8:40 in the video if you want to check. He also claims that IRAS identified this as a slowly burning star. Apparently he has a poor understanding of what a brown dwarf is.

Then Bondora claims that the information was scrubbed from the face of the Earth. Since what he claims was never reported in the first place, then of course there is no evidence of it later.

At 9:38 Bondora claims that the name Planet X comes from 1983. I think he needs to learn how to do research especially if he wants to claim on his fanciful resume that he is a researcher.

There's really no need to continue with this show since even the basics are so poorly understood by Bondora. It seems that Planet X 101, the title used by Bondora, requires a groundwork of misrepresentations and lies.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What reasons would NASA have to truthfully report the discovery of a 10th planet or red dwarf binary headed our way?

I can't think of a single one but maybe you all can help me out.

I can think of plenty of reasons not to report it and to cover it up:

1. Stock market crash
2. No bailouts and therefore no funding for the greedy and selfish and
self-serving to build shelters
3. Revamp of priorities - future goals like saving for a house, a car, a
diamond ring would become irrelevant
4. Government would have to spend all money for shelters for the people
5. War would become a hard sell
6. Earth changes would have to be addressed and more money would be
needed to relocate people
7. Alternative energy systems would need to be placed and that would
mean more money
8. Soul searching would mean a less pliant constituency

Also wondering why the OP title spells Lucas as Lucus. Is that how the person of these videos spells his name? It made it difficult for me to find this thread in a search...just saying.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't believe that any of your claims actually make sense. NASA is just one entity. There are lots of telescopes in the US that are not owned or controlled by NASA. That includes universities and amateur systems which could see an object close by. There are also many observatories in other countries.

Look outside of the box and realize that there are many countries out there other than the US and the government supported entities.

The person using the name uses Lucus. Those that write Lucas do not use the name of the person being referenced. You'll have to ask the people writing something other than Lucus why they use a name other than the one the person uses.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought there were some scientists from Spain who verified that a brown dwarf had actually been discovered. I believe I read a link earlier in this thread to a story like that. I believe there were some posts attempting to discredit these scientists in favor of the NASA line.

Thanks for the information on Lucus/Lucas - who knew?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

The Spanish group has not posted anything other than a claim.

The problem is that if an object as large as a planet were within the solar system then it has to be at least 320AU away to avoid detection. A Jovian sized object would be detected within 2100AU.

Not only is the Spanish group wrong in their article, but there is overwhelming evidence that there cannot be objects as large as Mars or larger close to our solar system.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Read an article, can't recall where, I'm sure you know it, about a brown dwarf being almost invisible through conventional means. There was a lot of hoopla not long ago over the launch of something that was going to search in the infra red spectrum for this brown dwarf and other objects not conventionally viewable. I guess it would be kind of like a black hole. The only way one could really know that it was near would be because of its' event horizon. Same with this brown dwarf or whatever. In that case the event horizon includes our earth and the dramatic recent happenings here.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Brown dwarfs are reflective just as Jupiter is reflective. A brown dwarf far enough away does not reflect enough visible light for a telescope to detect it. Therefore, infrared cameras are used because brown dwarfs emit infrared. Brown dwarfs reflect and emit energy.

That is why limits can be set on the proximity of brown dwarfs. Right now the limit is 2100AU. Whole sky surveys limit the existence of brown dwarfs in any direction to that distance. As systems are improved the distance pushes the possibilities even farther away. Not saying that something does not exist, just saying that there are constraints if a brown dwarf is near our solar system.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thankyou for your informative post. Sounds like a very costly undertaking; tracking down a brown dwarf with today's technology at a distance of 2101AU. Not something for a backyard astronomer or a 3rd world country to try at home. Perhaps if this or whatever it is or isn't has an accompanyment of planets/comets/meteors/moons...perhaps we could start our spotting there and remain within our budget. My first question would have to be how Hale-Bopp would fit into that scheme. The first estimates of orbit times were 3600 to 4000 years.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Tracking down a brown dwarf at 2100AU is not the purpose of the whole sky surveys. There are many whole sky surveys and they are getting more and more detailed. They have been done by many groups over a long time.

Comets are small. They are not planet sized. A comet could go undetected for a long time. But a comet would be detected as it enters the solar system because it is reflective. People find new comets all of the time. The comet you mentioned was discovered by an amateur astronomer.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What's up Stereologist,

You and Phage should have your own board. Call it "Science vs Youtube" or something. I swear I learn more from reading your guys posts than I do from anyone else. I know you can be extremely unpopular around here, and I will be labled a disinfo agent (again!) for aying this, but I really do appreciate the fact that guys with far more knowledge about given subjects are sharing it. That you're trying to show ppl that science does in fact know plenty and can in fact explain a helluva lot. That the answers lie not within a Lucus Tube, but within astro physics or simple astronomy. I don't think I've ever read Phage not successfully debunk some silly claim, but i do enjoy learning from your posts too. I think if you didn't get into arguments with ppl that your message would be better received.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

What's up Stereologist,

You and Phage should have your own board. Call it "Science vs Youtube" or something. I swear I learn more from reading your guys posts than I do from anyone else. I know you can be extremely unpopular around here, and I will be labled a disinfo agent (again!) for aying this, but I really do appreciate the fact that guys with far more knowledge about given subjects are sharing it. That you're trying to show ppl that science does in fact know plenty and can in fact explain a helluva lot. That the answers lie not within a Lucus Tube, but within astro physics or simple astronomy. I don't think I've ever read Phage not successfully debunk some silly claim, but i do enjoy learning from your posts too. I think if you didn't get into arguments with ppl that your message would be better received.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by spinalremain]

By that logic we were given the "Cigarettes are not bad from you" mentality.

By that logic we were given the "Earth is flat" theory.

By that logic we were given the "Sun revolves around the Earth" theory.

How about 74% of America is on a prescription drug? Is that science too?

How did we survive before before drug companies?

No wonder why they are not very popular around here... People are sick of the same old close minded it's my way or no way mentality.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yeah, It is funny though if NASA isn't so worried about the planet X/Nibiru then why build WISE?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join