It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Sources? I dont think our DNA is more related to mice than to chimpanzees..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Bearing in mind that we do not truly know the size of our Universe / Multiverse how can you state that 94% of it is not populated with intelligent life or worlds the same / similar to ours?

In fact for all we know 99% of it is populated it's just that due to our technology we can only see 0.0000001% of it..

Fair point....

Let's just stay in our solar system, ok? Why don't we see more earth friend? Do the math....it called "assignable" cause...

If it were natural, 'within' the process it would be the norm, not the exception...

Please don't just try and outsmart OT, just think about it...this is of grave importance, sorry if I sould like grandma to you

Just our solar system?? OT, I think you don't really know much about the laws of probability and statistics. We told you numerous times that our sample size is TOO SMALL to make any statistical predictions. And now you make the sample size even smaller by choosing just our solar system???

How can you make a thread stating something related to statistics and probability, when you yourself don't seem to know much about those fields? The reason you made this post is to kinda prove God's existence and involvement in creating us...but by showing your severe lack in knowledge, you're not really doing a great job at it

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Speaking of statistics and probability...

Good Read

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by MrXYZ

Good Read

You're trying to level me with this link, right? "Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ"...are you kidding me?

Here's a hint: The bible was written over many many many years...so it's not surprising that "editing" helped a few prophecies to come true. And even if the prophecies were made correctly, that's not surprising either. If I write 2000 "prophecies" on a piece of paper, some are bound to become true...especially if I keep the timeframe open.

If people use sources like you posted, no wonder they come up with crazy 94/6% theories

[edit on 17-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
OT, I think you don't really know much about the laws of probability and statistics. We told you numerous times that our sample size is TOO SMALL to make any statistical predictions. And now you make the sample size even smaller by choosing just our solar system???

How can you make a thread stating something related to statistics and probability, when you yourself don't seem to know much about those fields? The reason you made this post is to kinda prove God's existence and involvement in creating us...but by showing your severe lack in knowledge, you're not really doing a great job at it

Have you ever heard of the CENTRAL LIMIT THEOREM?

Signed, OT
ASQ LSS MBB

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Good Read

You're trying to level me with this link, right? "Mathematical Probability that Jesus is the Christ"...are you kidding me?

I hear jergens lotion helps dig out the sand in your ears....

But seriously, you are creating a false dichotomy, why are you so discrete?

TRUTH IS TRUTH

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Good Read

Here's a hint: The bible was written over many many many years...so it's not surprising that "editing" helped a few prophecies to come true. And even if the prophecies were made correctly, that's not surprising either. If I write 2000 "prophecies" on a piece of paper, some are bound to become true...especially if I keep the timeframe open.

If people use sources like you posted, no wonder they come up with crazy 94/6% theories

From the link:

"God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ that even mathematicians and statisticians, who were without faith, had to acknowledge that it is scientifically impossible to deny that Jesus is the Christ."

Info to note: Professor Stoner taught probability at MIT, but yeah, *drinks KoolAid*, sure I imagine you've thoroughly destroyed his work in a few sentences here on a website with your uber-logic.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

OT, I think you don't really know much about the laws of probability and statistics. We told you numerous times that our sample size is TOO SMALL to make any statistical predictions. And now you make the sample size even smaller by choosing just our solar system???

Have you ever heard of the CENTRAL LIMIT THEOREM?

Signed, OT
ASQ LSS MBB

I highly doubt it.

Always remember 1 Corinthians 1:20. It's on full display daily around the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OT, my favorite question to ask students of Physics...

Me: "So you believe in the Big Bang?"

Them: "Yes, of course."

Me: Can you briefly describe it?"

Them: "Sure, a long time ago all the matter in the universe was condensed into an infantismal ball of matter which spun at great speeds and "exploded" for lack of a better term to make the universe as we know it today."

Me: "Really? Hmmm, that's very interesting."

Them: "Yes it is, it's also scientific fact."

Me: Do you believe in the Laws of Physics?"

Them: "Of course, they have stood the test of time and cannot be changed."

Me: Then how can you justify the Big Bang Theory with the law of Conservation of Angular Momentum?"

Them: "Uhhhh... ummm. I never thought about that."

Me: "Yes, how can there exist the Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum with entire galaxies that spin counter-clockwise?"

Them: "I, I, I can't..."

[edit on 17-8-2010 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NOTurTypical,

Whew!!!!

Very good...

Hey MrXYZ friend, watch this one with me, its only 3 minutes and it won't bite...better watch carefully tho, it may grab your heart....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I love that sermon sound-bite, they play it every Sunday on the screens before church stats.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Screw the bible. I don't need a bunch of fairy tales told by corrupt church officials to believe in a cosmic intelligence or extra terrestrial life. Hell, I believe that every habitable planet in this whole galaxy is populated by people like us. I think DNA is a wavelength that comes from the center of our galaxy in waves. There's some evidence to support that theory, and I think it's a lot better than "everything's random, screw you" or "A bearded deity did it, give me your money and don't have sex".

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

SM...

I have two small words for you

DE

CAF

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Snf for you OT

What a great mind you have. You bring proof to so much of the things I already KNOW thru faith.

You cannot know anything through faith. That's why it's a separate word, get it? You can, however, BELIEVE a lot of things through faith.

The OP is laughable. We are still making first and feeble baby steps in our knowledge of the Universe. and to claim that Earth is unique is just about as baseless as it can possibly get.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by randyvs
Snf for you OT

What a great mind you have. You bring proof to so much of the things I already KNOW thru faith.

You cannot know anything through faith.

Solara: You know, you say you've been walking for thirty years, right?
Eli: Right?
Solara: Have you ever thought that maybe you were lost?
Eli: Nope.
Solara: Well, how do you know that you're walking in the right direction?
Eli: I walk by faith, not by sight.
Solara: [sighs] What does that mean?
Eli: It means that you know something even if you don't know something.
Solara: That doesn't make any sense.
Eli: It doesn't have to make sense. It's faith, it's faith. It's the flower of light in the field of darkness that's giving me the strength to carry on. You understand?
Solara: Is that from your book?
Eli: No, it's, uh, Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison.

F

S

HG

OT

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Me: Then how can you justify the Big Bang Theory with the law of Conservation of Angular Momentum?"

Them: "Uhhhh... ummm. I never thought about that."

Me: "Yes, how can there exist the Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum with entire galaxies that spin counter-clockwise?"

Them: "I, I, I can't..."

Before you pat yourself on the shoulder for this intellectual feat of superiority, would you care to comment on this:

a) How can you JUSTIFY a theory WITH a law? My English may be subpar, but from where I sit your phrase looks patently incorrect.

b) How do you define "counter-clockwise" when it applies to galaxies? Galaxies in the Universe spin around an innumerable number of axes.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I notice you feel compelled to insert a considerable number of smileys into your posts. Methinks you have a gut feeling that your posts indeed need some filler as they sadly lack substance.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
Screw the bible. .....I think DNA is a wavelength that comes from the center of our galaxy in waves. There's some evidence to support that theory,

and I think it's a lot better than "everything's random, screw you" or "A bearded deity did it, give me your money and don't have sex".

I didn't know the Bible said "everythings random?"

The OP says the opposite.....

btw, God deosn't need your money and he created SEX, my frustrated poster

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I notice you feel compelled to insert a considerable number of smileys into your posts. Methinks you have a gut feeling that your posts indeed need some filler as they sadly lack substance.

Well it is so nice to meet you too. welcome to my humble thread

OT

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

a) How can you JUSTIFY a theory WITH a law?

theinspirationroom.com...

"I'm guessing this isn't gonna end well!"

theory+gravity=opps

[edit on 17-8-2010 by OldThinker]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join